Oooooooh great list idea, YES!!! That is sure to result in turmoil and angst, and surprise reveals!! This is Christine’s request, and boy did we get some suggestions!!
Christine: How about some book recommendations for: One night stand or relationship leading to pregnancy/child Hero never knew about- finds out years later and ………… HEA s 🙂
Norma: I’m looking for books with one night stand that end up in a pregnancy…
Keryn: I’m interested to see the list too
Maryse: What is with me and the single pregnant heroines these days?? I just love that scenario, ’cause it’s just rife with potential angst.
Tilly: Love secret baby trope! Silly i know but still one of my faves.
READER RECOMMENDATIONS (UPDATED 09-13-19) 😀
ALSO NOTE: if you scroll all the way down to the end of the recommendations, I’ve included Debbie’s list with ALL the books she’s found in this trope AND ALSO anything pregnancy romance – and she lists them by “pregnancy” trope too)
Misty: Nameless by Claire Kent. It’s a really good one!
Linda: Reed’s Reckoning by Ahren Sanders is a great read!! Loved it and I’m loving this category!!
Kathryn E. Biel: Can I also suggest my first novel, Good Intentions? Thanks!
Jen: What is the book where he comes back after his best friend from high school is killed and he finds out he has a son. He was a football player but decided to be in a band. She tried to contact him but the manager wouldn’t give him the messages? It was a series. Sorry if you already mentioned it. I am drawing a huge blank.
bev: Jen, I think your thinking of Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1). Grrr. Did. Not. Like. The. Heroine.
Jen: That is it Bev! Thank you
Lauren: Bev, remember she did try to tell him….lots of times….she finally called the record label that Liam signed with & that b**ch whose father was President of the record label never told him. After he found out about his son & confronted Josie about it, she told him she talked to someone from his record label after she couldn’t get in touch with him directly.
bev: Lauren, if it’s the book I’m thinking of it is the scene when she is jealous of the time he is spending with her bf. Which ok, we all have unreasonable feelings. But she made a comment to her bf about it and at a horrible time to. Grief is 100x more real & devastating than jealousy and it’s suppose to be her bf. That one little scene just totally changed me on her character.
bev: I like the accidental pregnancy, but can be difficult. I mean it has to be a very good reason to keep someone in the dark about their child. That’s pretty huge and unfair to child and father. If a father we are to like. If they don’t have a name or think the person is deceased or it somehow life or death. Or if it is found out soon. SEP has one, not my favorite, blanking on name. Kleypas has two accidentals but the father finds out during the pregnancy.
- Fancy Pants (Wynette, Texas series Book 1) by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- Maggy’s Child: A Novel by Karen Robards
- Honest Illusions by Nora Roberts
- And Craving Constellations (The Aces Book 1) (?).
- Whitney, My Love (The Westmoreland Dynasty Saga Book 1) I don’t remember it being a secret baby.
Lauren: Yeah, in Whitney, My Love he didn’t think the baby was his but only for a few weeks. He figured it out pretty quick.
Liv: Hold On Tight (Returning Home Book 1) by Serena Bell. Fantastic book!
Shirley: Another one is Undeniably You by Jewel Ann!! Highly recommend!
Regina: Indulge by Georgia Cates
Skyla: The Billionaire’s Dance (The Andersons, Book 2) by Melody Anne. This is a series about three brothers and their cousins, there’s like 11 books in the series and it may seem repetitive because of the many number of books there is but if you are like me and need to come back down after reading a strong angst book and looking for short and sweet, not too much drama, then this is it. Anyway, all of these books could be read as a standalone, but the second book in the series has a similar plot to this subject
Madeline: Jake’s Bride (Search For Love series Book 2) by Karen Rose Smith…Loooved this one!
ORIGINAL RECOMMENDATIONS (when this list was first started):
Rachel: Obviously Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers #1). And I’ll be watching for the rest of the list! And Anastasia agrees! “Chocolate Lovers series for sure!!”
Carrie: Didn’t one of A.L. Jackson’s books have something like this?
Emily: Yes! “Take this Regret“
Melissa: I loved Lexi, Baby (This Can’t Be Happening Book 1) by Lynda LeeAnne (and all of the series) it’s exactly what your are asking for!! Trust me!
Barbara: Thin Love by Eden Butler 😀
Lori: this is not usually my thing, but I loved Thin Love!!!
Heidi: There’s an older book exactly like that by Judith McNaught. One of my FAVORITES! I will try to find. No I want to reread it
Letitia: Secret Maneuvers (Ex Ops Series Book 1) by Jessie lane. I read it last year but it has stuck in my mind as an awesome book
- Heidi McLaughlin Forever My Girl (The Beaumont Series Book 1).
- Brei Betzold My Misery Muse.
- Jennifer Apodaca The Baby Bargain (Entangled Indulgence) (Once a Marine Book 1).
- Love’s Rhythm (Heart of Fame Book 1) Lexxie Couper
- Lauren Dane Never Enough (A Brown Family Novel Book 4)
- Jennifer Foor Love’s Suicide: Love’s Suicide
Rochelle: Until Lilly: Until Lilly (Until Series Book 3) by Aurora Rose Reynolds
Lisa: Almost Perfect (Fool’s Gold series Book 2) by Susan Mallery though I know I read something pretty recently. Trying to find it now.
Kandace: The Sweet Gum Tree <— and TK Rapp agrees! “I LOVE this one!!”
Kandace: One Pink Line
Mar: The Buckhorn Brothers Box Set: Sawyer\Morgan\Gabe\Jordan, book 2, Morgan…the series is awesome, but book 2 fits this senerio.
- How to Love by Katie Cutugno,
- A Delicate Truth by Judith McKnight,
- Home Again: A Novel by Kristin Hannah,
- Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught and
- Mosaic (Dragonfly Book 4)by Leigh Talbert Moore. Mosaic is from the Dragonfly series and you do need to read the series in order. it is really good.
Jessica: The Dark Light of Day
Tetou: Black Lies by Alessandra Torre. Best book I’ve ever read.
Elizabeth: It’s not years later but the second book in Shannon Stacey ‘Kowalski Series series. The couple crosses paths 6-8 months later when she is very pregnant.
- A Redo (The Sterling Shore Series #6) by Cm Owens,
- Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four Book 1) by Tierney O’Malley,
- Taming Mad Max,
- Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley,
- Simply Irresistible (Chinooks Hockey Team Book 1) by rachel gibson,
- toni aleo Trying to Score: An Assassins Novel (The Assassins Series Book 2),
- Tagged & Ashed (The Sterling Shore Series #2) by cm owens,
- Whiskey Lullaby (Love Song Series Book 1) by dawn martens,
- Poles Apart by kirsty mosely,
- Foolish Games (An Out of Bounds Novel Book 2) by tracy solheim,
- Good Girl Gone Plaid (The McLaughlins Book 1) by shelli stevens,
- Hold on Tight: A Returning Home Novel by serena bell
Maryse: Thanks guys!!! Some fantastic options here!! *hug* 😀
Debbie: I haven’t tracked these in over a year, but here it goes….
bev: Debbie, wow!
Debbie: I inadvertently pulled all books with babies in them. Lol. This is why I try not to post late at night.
- The Sweet Gum Tree
- What Price Paradise
- The Texan’s Baby (Texas Rodeo Barons Book 1)
- When You Make It Home
Jean: I’m reading When You Make It Home now which I am also loving… It’s a broken guy so ya know, he needs me.
Lee: When You Make it Home?? (forgot the name of the author) FABU-LOUS!!!! 5 HUGE Stars for me!!! DA FEELS!!!
- Causing Heartbreak (Unbroken Series Book 2)
Expect Me (Rivers Edge Book 3)
- Bargain Bride
- Last Call
- Baby, Be Mine (Life, Love And Babies Book 3)
- Two Wrongs Make a Right
- Lethal Rider (Demonica series Book 8)
- Phoenix’s Heart
- The Best Man’s Baby (Red River Book 2)
- Two Times As Hot (Oklahoma Nights series Book 2)
- Working on a Full House
- Her Secret, His Baby (The Colorado Cades Book 1)
- A Baby of Her Own (new title: That One Night (Dundee Idaho Book 1))
- Snow baby (9 Months Later)
- Dare to Hold (Dare to Love Book 4)
- Dirty Little Mistake
- Dedicated Ink (Inked in the Steel City Book 3)
- Safe in his Arms
- One Night With You (The Heart of the City Series, Book 1)
- Deep: A Paranormal Novel
- Finding Us
- Falling for Trouble
- Intimate Strangers
- Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas Series Book 1)
- Second Time Around
- The Tycoon’s Revenge (Baby for the Billionaire, Book 1)
- Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train Book 2)
- Caitlin’s Choice
- Billionaire Bodyguard
- Hidden Under Her Heart
- A perfect Bride for Christmas
- Wild and Wounded
- The Baby Bargain
- Forever Alexa: Book Four In The Bodyguards Of L.A. County Series
- Up to Bat
- Sleeping with the Enemy
- The Edge of Trust
- Pulling Home: That Second Chance, Book 1
- The Way They Were
- Calling Hailey’s Bluff
- Baby Bonanza
- The Bodyguard’s Secret Baby
- A New Life
- Love’s Rhythm
- A Pretty Good Chance
- No Reverse and Fast Forward
- Twice the Trouble
- Looking Out for Lexy
- P.S. You’re a Daddy:
- The Greek Billionaire’s Secret Baby
- With Me
- A Family for Christmas
- Worth the Scandal
- Baby Comes First
- Ryan’s Return
- Silent Run
- Jenna’s Cowboy
- Jack Who?
- The Werewolf’s Wife
- Running on Empty
- In the Arms of Danger
- Bound to You
- Divided Hearts
- Hot on Her Trail
- Full Circle
- Lethal Rider
- Falling for Nick
- The Distant Shore
- Mountain Song
- To Love, Honor and Betray
- Binding Arbitration
- Looking for Trouble
- Lost-and-Found Groom
- Remember Love
- From Out of the Blue
- Cowboy Secret
- There’s Only Been You
- First and Only: Callaghan Brothers
Fertility Clinic Pregnancies…..
- The Proposition
- Baby Comes First
- Once and Again
- A Father’s Secret
- Having my Baby
- Living With Lies Trilogy
- Baby, Oh Baby
- Brothers Courageous: Point Man
- Wild and Wounded
- Hold on Tight: A Returning Home Novel
- Bundle of Joy
- The Rocker That Holds Me
- Valentine’s Child
- Sylvia’s Secret
- A Debt Paid in Passion
- Rebound Baby
- Something More
- A Road to Let Go (Fallen Tuesday)
- Holding On
- One Night with a Hero
- The Russian’s Pregnant Mistress
- Baby & Bump
- Full of Grace
- What Not to Expect When You’re Expecting