And I’m so thrilled she stuck around with us ’cause she has AMAZING book taste (and has been recommending some great reads and helping solve other reader questions too)! In fact, I have a feeling so many of us will agree with her choices below. After all, many of these were also our absolute favorites, and now she’s also introduced quite a few new-to-me recommendations that I can’t wait to explore!
My Book Reviews
YAY IT’S TIME FOR JOY’S LIST!!! Her comments always bring me joy, and I love that she’s one of my resident book recommenders whenever we’re putting together a “genre” or trope list!! Also, she’s pretty great at answering reader questions too. 😀
Here are just a few of her 2020 comment highlights:
Insta love books are my jam!
HER CURLY GIRL METHOD: I purchased that book when it was the deal of the day/ I’ve only skimmed through it. I started doing the rice wash that is followed by the Women of the Yao tribe in China. Its been two weeks and I’ve seen a huge change in my hair!!!
MichelleS has had a rough year, but she’s here again, and we’re thrilled!!! And despite the stress and focus issues, she’s put together her favorites list for us. 😀
Here are some MichelleS 2020 comment highlights:
I have several little voodoo doll keepsakes from vacations. They’re just too cute. But, yeah, try explaining that at a doctor’s office. LOL.
I use scissors to cut up green onions (after washing) right on top of what I need, or in what I need.
I adore Stevie Nicks, so a good rock and roll story that has the same “feeling” as all that Fleetwood Mac drama might be worth a look.
Mony is one of our huge contributors here when it comes to book recommendations, and reader questions and I AM SO THANKFUL and grateful to have here as part of our book crew. She is so much fun, and she’s a fellow Canadian!! 😀
Let’s check out some of here 2020 comment “life highlights”, shall we? 😉
1. I had a whole day of quiet reading yesterday.
2.Deep cleaning some closets. Sending my kids all the things they wanted us to keep until they “grew up” 😉
3.Beautiful walk last night…trees with twinkle lights in front of a small church
- She physically moved and renovated her cottage (GORGEOUS),
- she kept me company by sending me beautiful pictures of snow, and her family (graduations, trips to Austin Texas <— OMG her nephew’s place is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! – and birthdays). I miss my family so much. ❤️
- We BOTH love books that take place in Alaska, and love reclusive heroes BIG TIME!!!
- She also helps me find book-bargains, and sends me her latest recommendations, and we exchange our “blasts from our book past”, when an amazing one comes up! She sent me photos of her own actual book collection. YOU SHOULD SEE her fully-loaded (overflowing) bookshelves and her book-filing system. She is the epitome of a book lover, it’s just incredible!
Here are some highlights 😉
Nancy: I write everything down and when you mentioned FLAT OUT LOVE, I had to go back and see when you recommended it. I thought you would appreciate seeing all the books you recommended in 2011. It was a good year.
Nancy: These are about a dozen of my hand written notebooks keeping track of books since 2013. My memory has gotten that bad. I also have 3 file boxes full of reviews & notes. These are my file boxes of my 450 reviews. I keep them in the guest bedroom. This bookcase is stuffed full of paranormal books that I read before I owned a Kindle.