You know what’s fun? When we realize that authors are readers too! I mean, I’ve always known so many of our favorites have their own book favorites and are avid readers too. And it’s even more fun to find out what they love to read when they aren’t writing. Does it inspire them? Does it just give them a fun break-escape from all of their own voices in their heads? What are their absolute favorites? Author Bethany Lopez has been having a blast reading our lists, and she has her very own to send over. AND!! She tells us why she loves these books SO much! P.S. That’s one of her books up there to the left!
I’ve been watching your Reader Favorite’s lists every Saturday, and thought I’d send mine over, just in case you have room.
It’s soooo hard to choose, as every reader knows, so I’m going to try and pick the books that have grabbed my attention and rocked my world. Some have led me to author’s that I hadn’t heard of and have devoured since!”
In no particular order… 🙂
1. Rock Chick by Kristen Ashley. This is the book that started it all for me. I was a little later to the KA party than everyone else, only finding her about a year and a half ago, but after reading this I was hooked. And when I saw how many books she’d already released, I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. She’s amazing!
2. The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1) by Tarryn Fisher. It was two years ago and we were about to move from California to North Carolina. Our stuff was already en route, so we were staying at a hotel. I don’t remember what made me pick it up, but once I did, it was all over… I remember laying next to my husband in that tiny hotel bed while he slept and I read into the night, crying and mumbling to myself until it was over. Tarryn Fisher rocks my world, and I’ll be a fan for life!
3. Seven Years (Seven Series Book 1) by Dannika Dark. It was the cover that got me, and after I finished Seven Years, I went looking for more and found her Mageri Series. I absolutely loved them! That Cheetah… Mmmmmm. She’s a go to writer for me now!
4. Beauty and the Mustache: A Philosophical Romance (Knitting in the City Book 4) by Penny Reid. I actually found this one through your recommendation and didn’t realize it was part of a series until I’d already read it. It was so refreshingly unique and funny, that I had to go back and start the series from the beginning. Love Hacked is my favorite, and I love Penny Reid to death. I love her mind and the way she writes. She can do no wrong!
5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. This Book!!!! So, we were living in LA and I took my daughter to a signing at Barnes and Noble, because Lauren Kate was going to be there and she absolutely loves her books. It was a signing with four or five authors, and since I didn’t want to leave without getting a book myself, I picked Shatter Me. I’m so happy that I did. Her writing blew my mind. It was unlike anything I’d ever read before, or since.
6. Experiment in Terror Series by Karina Halle. I picked up Darkhouse (Experiment in Terror #1) while I was deployed a year and a half ago and fell in love with Dex and Perry. I love it so much, that I don’t want it to end, so I sprinkle a book in here and there when I need to check back in with them. I haven’t read Ashes to Ashes or Dust to Dust yet, but they are waiting for me on my Kindle when I’m ready.
7. Undeniable by Madeline Sheehan. This book really started my love for MC books, and is the book that I measure them all against. Unfortunately, a lot of them don’t stand up, because she really writes the hell out of these books. Sometimes you just need a seriously bad boy book boyfriend and Madeline Sheehan delivers.
8. Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1) by CJ Roberts. Man… CJ Roberts scared the S@$t out of me with this book, and made me feel things that I felt guilty feeling. It’s a perfect taboo tale, and at the time, was really the only thing like it out there (at least that I knew about). I loved this series, and her writing throughout it, and it was one that has definitely stuck with me.
9. RAW by Belle Aurora. This book messed me up. I can still think about it and feel a myriad of emotions, which signifies a great read to me.
10. I can’t decide between these three for number ten, so I’ll just say that I love On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street Series Book 1) by Samantha Young, Play (Stage Dive Series Book 2) by Kylie Scott, and Real (The REAL series Book 1) by Katy Evans. They are all great romance stories that left me feeling satisfied when I finished them.