Happy Reader Favorite’s Saturday day!! 😀 Our friend Betty is up next!! She’s been here (at least publicly) since February of 2014 and is right there with us on so many of our favorites, and some of our not-so-favorites, too.
She REALLY went crazy for Tarryn Fisher’s “Love Me With Lies Series” series, and loves a variety of genres, including books like #1 in Lee Child’s “Jack Reacher” series (Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, Book 1) and lots of hugely popular paranormals, too! (P.S. Betty… I’ll always be team Jean Claude. 😉 ). Tee hee!!
And now, we get to see her favorite-favorites, ’cause she’s sent over a nice detailed list of her top 10!!
1. After I Do: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – Maybe because I read it during a particularly interesting time in my marriage, but the little things the author describes really resonated with me. In spite of the heavy price tag of this book, I trusted your recommendation and I am SO glad I did. This is a beautiful book. Is it perfect? No, but I’d re-read it anytime.
2. Dirty by Megan Hart – Another author recommended by Maryse. This was my first book and forever will be my favorite of hers. The notion of two strangers meeting, and meeting again, was just mysterious and sensual. I’ve enjoyed all of Megan Hart’s books, and love the cameos all the characters make in all books.
3. Halfway to the Grave: A Night Huntress Novel by Jeanine Frost – One word: Bones. I can’t tell you how much I love the first four books of this series. The male lead is totally swoon worthy, and funny as hell. I fell in love.
4. Tangled (The Tangled Book 1) by Emma Chase – Written from the male lead’s point of view. Very refreshing, very funny, crude and sexy. Story was great and it’s a feel great book.
5. Key Of Light: Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts – Her trilogies are awesome, this one is probably my favorite. Three strangers brought together, and their lives intertwine to achieve a common goal. Great read.
6. Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, Book 8) (An Otherworld Novel) by Kelley Armstrong – I love her Otherworld series. Most people would probably pick Elena and Clay as their favorite couple, but my heart belongs to Karl Marsten. Karl is the werewolf that looks and acts like James Bond, and her love interest is Hope, a Bollywood princess lookalike. These two just melt my heart every time.
7. Blue Moon: An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel by Laurel K Hamilton – Jean Claude or Richard, that was the question in the early books. To me, I’ll always be team Richard. This book is where they finally come together and reading it just gives me goose bumps.
8. Silent Blade (Kinsmen Series Book 1) by Ilona Andrews – This is a short novella set in a world that this author doesn’t write often. I wish they did because it’s excellent. Set in the future, it’s a cross between provincial living and highly advanced technology, all centered with a love story.
9. Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover – Very refreshing way to write a story that doesn’t contain much sex but very adult topics for two young people. This started me on the Colleen Hoover fan girl wagon and I haven’t hopped off yet!
10. Frenched (Mia and Lucas) by Melanie Harlow – Another one of Maryse’s great recommendations. This is like the perfect book. It’s sweet, sexy, no major “OMG I can’t believe it” drama, just very realistic issues two people encounter when they meet in Paris. It makes a special connection to me because I too, met my husband on vacation and did the long distance thing for a bit.
Oooooops!! Betty has a a few add-ons!! LOL!
“After I sent the list, I kicked myself for forgetting so many more favorites. I can’t believe I forgot to include Cara McKenna, specifically Curio, Willing Victim, and so many more. Also Charlotte Stein. I may have to send you my top 11-20 another time. 🙂 Another huge omission, the Fever Series by KMM!”