It is Saturday (Reader Favorites Day!!!) and it’s fabulous Fabi’s turn!!! Fabi’s been with us for… 106 pages worth of her comments alone!!! 😛 *squeeee!!* I decided that counts as “she’s been with us forever” (YAY FABI!!!! :D) and I wasn’t gonna scroll back that many pages to find her first dated comment. LOL! And to give you an idea on how perfect she is for us… this is a little bit of “Fabi”:
“bahahabahaha *can’t breathe* bahahabahaha Bev!!! *holding stomach* *gasp* bahahaha Give me a minute..I’ll brb *snicker, snort*“
*snort* I’m giggling just reading that, and now I so need to backtrack in those comments to see what had her laughing so hard!! OMG I LOVE HER!!!! :D!!!!
Wanna know more about Fabi and and what has her, when it comes to books? She once told us:
Book triggers, hmmm, I can’t really pin it down. I know I’m partial to younger characters, especially if they’re fighting against a dystopian world and there’s a little romance thrown in. So when I read a blurb with those elements, its an automatic 1 click. But there are many others too.
Music, that’s another trigger for me. Give a character that plays guitar/sings and I’m likely to read the book. Same goes for soccer/football/basketball athlete characters. And dont even get me started on sci-fi. Ah, so many triggers. Probably why my reading is all over the place and I end up missing as many great books as I find.
Plus! She’s big on everything we love but also EXTREMELY well versed in all genres! From historical romances, classics and urban fantasies, to sci-fi, M/M romance, and dystopian. All sorts of great stuff! I think ANYONE that loves a a great story (love and all!) will relate to Fabi’s favorites! 😀
And!! She gave us little tidbits of why each one is her favorite!!!
Seriously Maryse, this weekly blog post immediately became my favorite. Thanks so much. … Submitting my crazy list for your new Saturday blog posts. It’s in no particular order.
- Bad Things by Krylov, Varian <— MM, BDSM, the alpha of the alphas
- Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1 by Savage, Shay <— CR, the toughest alpha ever
- Hominids (Neanderthal Parallax Book 1) by Sawyer, Robert J. <— SF, parallel universe, most unique love story
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by McGuire, Jamie <— CR, NA, Travis McDreamy (sidenote from Maryse: *snort* Travis IS McDreamy… 😛)
- City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments Book 1) by Clare, Cassandra <— YA, UF, scary good
- Daemon by Suarez, Daniel <— SF, techno thriller, what a crazy ride
- Atom Heart John Beloved by Hartwell, Luke <— MM, YA, coming of age, very unique
- Kulti by Zapata, Mariana <— CR, sports theme, dreams come true
- 1984 by Orwell, George <— Dystopian, was this really written that long ago?
- The Warded Man: Book One of The Demon Cycle (The Demon Cycle Series 1) by Brett, Peter V. <— Epic Fantasy, post-apocalyptic, demons, so original
- Uglies (The Uglies Book 1) by Westerfeld, Scott <— YA dystopian, gripping premise for teens and young adults
- Twilight (The Twilight Saga Book 1) by Meyer, Stephenie <— YA UF, Edward & Jacob – enough said
- Unwind (Unwind Dystology Book 1) by Shusterman, Neal <— YA dystopian, WTH?! This is a mind bender
- The Clan of the Cave Bear (with Bonus Content): Earth’s Children, Book One by Auel, Jean M. <— Epic fantasy, the dawn of Homosapiens with Neanderthals
- The Crystal Cave (The Arthurian Saga, Book 1) by Stewart, Mary <— YA mythological, Arthur, my favorite legend of all time
- Pygmalion by Shaw, George Bernard <— Classic lit, Eliza Doolittle, the first feisty heroine I ever met
- Lover At Last (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 11) by Ward, J.R. <— UF, BDB, Qhuinn and Blay, reread so many times!!!
- The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, Book 1) by Dashner, James <— YA Dystopian, how do people think of these stories? WOW
- Roselynde (Roselynde Chronicles, Book One) by Gellis, Roberta <— Historical Romance, the one that truly brought me into the romance genre
- Red Rising (The Red Rising Trilogy, Book 1) by Brown, Pierce <— YA SF Dystopian, gripping, intense
- Maybe Someday by Hoover, Colleen <— CR, tied with BD for my favorite CR of all time
- The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 1) by Collins, Suzanne <— YA Dystopian, heartbreakingly tragic
- Ender’s Game (The Ender Quartet series Book 1) by Card, Orson Scott <— YA SF, Apocalypse, aliens, savior, absolute page turner
- Try (Temptation Series Book 1) by Frank, Ella <— MM, CR, a romance for the ages
Do you have a “Top Favorite Books” list? Don’t forget to send me yours!! I post one every Saturday (send it here: https://www.maryse.net/contact-me). You can make it just a list (top 10 or more) but if you want to include a tiny (or longer) tidbit next to each one about why you loved it, that would be awesome, too!