Welcome to another night of Reader Favorites TOP Books for 2016!!! Tonight, Jean brings us her list. and I KNOW so many of us will relate to the reason she loves these books. Oh how we love to try and fix our beautiful, broken book-men. 😉
Hi Maryse! This was really hard to limit to 10! So I went over (just a little…lol)!
My biggest pet peeve with books is cheating! Oh, and years of wasted time between H and h…. That drives me crazy! Death books were always hard for me too, but usually once I read them (after urging from the “Marmy” twins), I end up loving them and they are always unforgettable!
You all know how I am about the broken hero though and I’m thinking maybe you should name my list “Jean’s Favorite Broken Hero Books of 2016” Haha!
1. A Lover’s Lament by K.L. Grayson and B.T. Urruela <— I will continue to recommend this book! Having the input of Mr. Urruela made this book so real with him being in the military and having that knowledge first hand. I loved it! Broken military hottie! Mine!
2. Night Shifts Black (NSB Book 1)/Tracing Holland (NSB Book 2) by Alyson Santos <— Loved, loved, loved this storyline! Of course another broken Hero, but a musician this time, and the 2nd book was so healing!
3. KEPT: A Second Chance Fairy Tale by A.C. Bextor <— First of all, that cover! Stunning! And the story inside just as stunning!
5. Royal Atlas by H.J. Bellus <— Was lucky to read this one before the end of the year! It was so beautiful! I love the use of animals for healing and therapy! Yep, another broken hero. Do you see a pattern here?
6. Fighting Solitude (On The Ropes Book 3) by Aly Martinez <— The whole damn family was broken, so there you have it! Great series and highly recommend it! Each book just made the series better and better!
7. Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster <— Because I had no idea what was going on until that midway point and I was like “what?!” Needed to go back and re-read some parts because seriously “what?!”!!!!!!!!
8. Womanizer by Katy Evans <— This is my first venture back to Katy Evans even though the Real series is and will remain one of my alltime favs (Remy…sigh). Well, Callan rocked my world in this book! Definitely fell for him hook, line, and sinker! Now I gotta go back and read the rest of this series!
9. Pull Me Close: The Panic Series by Sidney Halston <— Loved it! And guess what, not a broken hero this time, but a broken heroine! I am so looking forward to the 2nd book in this series!
10. Ricochet (A Vigilantes Novel)/Backfire (A Vigilantes Novel) by Keri Lake <— One word, exhilarating! If you guys haven’t read these, please do! I mean how can you resist that cover of Ricochet….he is amazing!
And because I didn’t want to include books that have been on other lists this far, special shout out to the following;
- Deep Redemption (Hades Hangmen Book 4) by Tillie Cole – Amazing series!
- An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur……unforgettable!
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon – Words cannot describe how much I loved this book!
- It Ends with Us: A Novel by Colleen Hoover – You all know why!
- Full Tilt/All In (Full Tilt Book 2) by Emma Scott – She’s a go-to author for me! Love her writing!
- The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith – This book was like nothing I’ve ever read before! Thank you Fabi!
- Bad Boy Billionaires series by Max Monroe (The entire series rocked my world! I will seriously miss this whole crew!)
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune – My first “wolf-shifter” book and I loved it! Thanks again Fabi!
It was so hard to narrow it down to 10!!!!! Sorry! I just was so lucky to have read so many great books in 2016!
Thanks for all you do Maryse and for bringing this great group of people together! Happy New Year and Happy Reading for 2017!
Check out more of Jean’s favorites: