For example, Robyn is almost a leap year baby!!! She got lucky, if you ask me. No crazy “real age/birthday age explanations”. Also, she went through a bit of a reading slump this year (nothing was holding her attention), but by the end of the year, she still had PLENTY of favorites to rave about. YAY US!!! 😀
About her favorite genres:
“My catnip is men/women who are “forced” into a relationship. They don’t want to be there and fight against it, but eventually fall in love. I like my heart taken apart and put back together again….the feels.
I also love paranormal soulmates. Wolves, vampires, mages it doesn’t really matter. If it’s paranormal the heroine has to be kickass or a kickass in training. If the H is involved with that training it’s bonus! I like the “saving the world/someone” stuff too.
Also, books that will play with your heart strings… She says:
“These are my favorite kinds of books! I’ve read almost all the ones listed. The first book that came to my mind when I saw your post was Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love) by Nicole Jacquelyn. This book will drag you under, put a spell on you and then put you back together again! It has all the feels and marminess you’ll ever need. This is my go to reread book when I need that “feeling”.
One of her all-time favorite series:
The Man I Love…..one of those books I wish I never read so I can read it again fresh and new! So many feeling and emotions in that whole series.
P.S. you can get to know Robyn even better with her past list here ➔ Reader Favorites – Robyn’s Top Favorite Books List:
READY FOR THIS YEAR’S LIST?
“Ok Maryse! Here’s the list of my Favorite books of 2017. These books moved me in some way, hit all emotional buttons, made me laugh or made me cry and took me away to a magical world only reading a great book can do!”
1. Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 2) by Amanda Bouchet. I not only liked this but Book 1 also. The funny banter between the H and h locked these books down for me. I’m waiting for Book 3 to come out.
Robyn: …just finished Breath of Fire and it was just as good as the first book!
2. Rock Chick Reawakening by Kristen Ashley. I adored reading about Marcus and Daisy. Anything Rock Chick, I’m in!
Robyn: I just finished Rock Chick Reawakening. I have to say that this is my favorite book in the series! I fell in love with Daisy and Marcus reading and rereading the Rock Chick series. I’m so glad KA told their story and it ended with a Prince Charming, a huge castle and other surprises!
3. Keystone (Crossbreed Series Book 1) by Dannika Dark. This is great UF. I love DD and anything she writes is GOLD! Plus Christian Poe…swoon!
4. Feversong: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning. Anything in the world of Jericho Barrons and his BFF Ryodan I will most certainly be reading!
5. Wrecking Ball (Hard To Love Book 1) by P. Dangelico. Oh boy, this book was so good! The h is hired as the Nanny. The H is a hot jerk that doesn’t want love. Yep! Kind of reminded me of one of Marianna Zapatas books.
6. Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar. Just an exquisitely, beautiful written book. I felt like I was there. Finding love on the African plains…..yep!
7. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. If you haven’t read this series you are MEGA missing out! It’s a dystopian/UF. If your a red blood (commoner) you must serve the silver bloods (elites with superhuman abilities). The h is a red, but discovers she has superhuman abilities too. The king betrothed her to one of his sons so she’s undercover. I’m waiting for the last book in the series to come out!
Robyn: Love this series and this Girl can write! …I’ve read the whole series and am waiting for the next book to come out. You won’t be disappointed! I also bought all the books in hardback from Costco a couple months ago. I scored,the lottery on that one!
8. American Queen (New Camelot Book 1), American Prince (New Camelot Book 2) and American King (New Camelot Book 3) by Sierra Simone. This is a spicy MMF romp. The males met in Afganistan and became lovers. Then they came back and met the f. The story revolves around them and the Presidency of the US. I love how the last book wrapped everything up in a nice package. There was conflict and nail biting moments. And did I mention spicy, hot MMF action. Hehe
9. The Silver Swan by Amo Jones. This book was a total mindfudge! I’m waiting for the next book.
Robyn: I started a reread on Silver Swan, because I forgot some crucial info. I’m reading the next book in the series The Broken Puppet next! I’ve heard it is literally mind-blowing.
10. Figure Eight by Calia Read. Here’s another one you won’t figure out till the end.
11. Juniper Smoke: Part I & II by Sadia Ash. Great writing. The h was raised to hate men and fears of dying alone as spinster and the H dates robotically and with exactness….a bit OCD. He only dates really beautiful women. When these two are thrown together it is funny and heartfelt. And someone is trying to keep them apart. This is being made into a movie!
12. White Wolf (Sons of Rome Book 1) by Lauren Gilley. This is such a beautiful book. The writing is superb. It’s PNR and its set in Russia. Lots of history about the Royal family, I absolutely loved it.
13. Maldeamores: (Lovesick) by Mara White. I read the whole forbidden series. Oh boy, was this good. Cousins who are in love. Lots of angst and drama.
Robyn: I just finished Maldeamores and the sequel to it. Great books. Loved the forbiddeny angst. Well worth the read!
14. Undeserving (Undeniable Book 5) by Madeline Sheehan. Love her Undeniable MC series.
15. When Life Happened by Jewel E Ann. I have read all her books and haven’t found one I didn’t love!
Robyn: I just finished When Life Happened. WOW…..I’m left speechless. I don’t even know what to say. THIS BOOK!! This will definitely be my best read for a long time coming. I don’t foresee anything topping this! My heart will never be the same. Jewel E. Ann, you have a gift, thank you for sharing it with us.
16. American Hellhound (Dartmoor Book 6) by Lauren Gilley. Girl was a busy bee this year! This was Ghost and Maggie’s story. Maggie is so badass!
Robyn: I’m so in love with Ghost and Maggie’s story, I don’t want it to end… American Hellhound is definately a 5 star read of 2017! Loved Maggie and Ghost, plus all the new characters introduced. I can’t wait for their books.
17. Rhapsodic (The Bargainer Book 1) by Laura Thalassa. Thank you to whomever recommended this series! I think it was Tessa. The Bargainer is coming to collect his debts from the h. Swoon!
18. 180 Seconds by Jessica Park. They meet in an experiment staring at each other for 180 seconds and see into each other’s souls. GAH!
19. The Horse Mistress: Book 2 and Lion Mistress series by R A Steffan. This is a MMF romance…both of the series. They have the same people in them but a different trio fall in love.
20. An Exaltation of Larks (Venery Book 1) and A Charm of Finches (Venery Book 2) by Suanne Laqueur. These books are poignant, beautifully written and touched my heart. They are about love, laughter, family, angst, heartbreak and living your life,to the fullest. Each book delivers a powerful message. I felt like I lived right along with the characters in these books. I was transported. I needed to be a part of their lives….where are these people Suanne? LOL this is what reading is all about for me!