Since one of Tessa’s absolute favorite series in the world is having a new release on Tuesday, I thought I’d dedicate this Saturday to HER reader favorites list. Have you get to know her, her book-tastes, and why Tijan (and one of Tijan’s men) rocks her world so hard!
A little about Tessa:
- She’s been with us since 2013. I found her very first post and it was about Tijan’s Fallen Crest Series:
“Omg. Just finished reading this and you’d love it. Mason is an awesome alpha male, and Logan is freaking nuts. It’s sweet and fun, and beyond insane if Logan laughs. Sam is ballsy and tough…”
- Mason from Fallen Crest High is her book-husband. That’s right. HUSBAND (not book boyfriend). She’s serious!
“…yes, I adore Logan. I’ve just always gone for the a$$, thus the Mason appeal, but Logan. I want him for a brother, I seriously do. He’s pure fun and wonderful.”
- Her take on alphas:
“I normally either love the alpha all the way through (even if he infuriates me, or hate him all the way through”
- She’s been reading paranormal books longer than many of us!
“I should mention by the time Twilight came out, I think I’d read every conceivable vampire type book out there. I started those at about thirteen?”
- She MUST have an HEA:
“Cliffhangers are okay, but no HEA is absolutely horrible. I just end up crying too much. There’s a book that was standalone without a HEA and I’m still waiting for a book two for that to change. (It won’t happen, but I still hope!)”
- About her favorite things in books:
“I do like jerk heroes, but past that, what really checks my box is great secondary characters. So many times, the secondary are one dimension. When they are fully fleshed, and even better, there’s a friendship/ family love there, I just go nuts.”
- About her romance reading history:
“I’ve always loved romance novels, even as a kid. Though, Skye O’Malley was such an OMG, especially at 14. That stuck with me for some very obvious reasons, if you read it. Thankfully, I had my sister to go to to ask a TON of questions while reading the series.” and “I wish I could say I was sneaking FitA, but my mom knew full well what I was reading. Her theory was i wouldnt be able to handle it when i had kids. She’s the one who recommended to her 14 year old Rosemary Rogers and found Skye O’Malley for me. *shakes head*”
- About her love of historical romance:
“I’d love a good romance from the twenties or thirties. People either living large, or suffering trying to survive. Twenties has that “fun” that hides what’s really going on, and the thirties… depression! Both could have exciting stories.”
“My favorite era is between two. The Tudor era or Regency. I’ve loved medieval romance since I picked up my very first Julie Garwood at 13. That’s why Skye O’Malley was mentioned as a book that influenced me. Beyond the OMG of the drama in the book, it was so rich with details and history, it was like being transported to Queen Elizabeth’s court.”
“Regency is a thrill for all that the time really was. Pre-Victorian morals, with the rules and nicety of the upper class. The juxtaposition just fascinated me.”
- She gets a kick out of “taboo step-sibling romance” books, but we suspect it might have to do with FCH:
“I absolutely love this form of taboo, which is odd considering all my siblings are my half siblings, and the thought of those steps hooking up… EEEW!”
“Is Step relationships always after the marriage, because um… Fallen Crest High. Mason and Sam did meet through their parents moved in together, and started talking about getting married after her mom’s divorce. Logan in fact loves to say how his sister and brother are in the bedroom… *grins*”
She commented with these “favorites” below when Fabi asked for our book help (which, incidentally is what started this Saturday ritual):
“I need a recommendation that’s going to knock my socks off. The kind of book that can’t be put down. The kind you walk around with your ereader in your hand and call in sick to work over… Please ladies, give me your all time favorite read of forever. Hopefully I haven’t read it yet and it will knock me out of this yucky fog I’m in.”
So Tessa jumped in and helped save the day (and our Saturdays)!!! Here’s her list:
- FCH by Tijan <– SHE WILL THROW PEANUTS AT YOU FOR NOT READING THIS ONE! “Finished Mason and darn if I’m not rereading the Fallen Crest series again. Prepping myself for Fallen Fourth Down, I guess. (Yeah, I love the series that much.)”
- A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux
- Sweet Lia by Jude Deveraux
- Up In The Air Series by RK Lilley <— “I swear, I love the series; it’s one of the best. James is one of my absolute favorite hero, even as dark as he is. Or maybe, because? “
- Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey
- Acheron: A Dark-Hunter Novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Remember Me by Christopher Pike (Seriously, years later, it stood the test of time) <— “My first paranormal was at 12: Remember Me by Christopher Pike, I think. (It had been a few years.).”
- The Covenant Series by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Night Series by Catherine Coulter
- The Rocker Who Holds Me (The Rocker Series Book 1) by Terri Anne Browning <— She says: “This series is not just good, it’s sweet. You will be in love with Emmie and the boys by the end of the prologue. The characters and their relationships make this series. You have got to try at least the first book The rocker who holds me is soooo wonderful. I’ve read it probably five or six times. And also the rocker who holds her twice! I’m not even a fan of re-hash from his POV books, but that story, and the other stories… *sighs* It’s too sweet to resist.”
Tessa: A good start?
Fabi: Wow Tessa. And these are all “can’t put down books”? Awesome. I’ve a couple and even have one in my tbr. Maybe I’ll finally start it. Lots to add though. Thanks!
Oh!!! And here’s and extra “Tessa-tidbit” from last year (Halloween, in fact!) that she submitted in her comments (a fun questionnaire we were all doing):
I wrote the answers down, and ended up with an essay! *inserts essay*
1 – Is your TBR mostly print or e-books?
E books. I just don’t buy print anymore. At approximately 250 books a year, there’s no room for them on bookshelves.
2 – A book that has been on your TBR list the longest.
Undead and Unstable by MaryJanice Davidson – I love her books, but this one just is ending a mini trilogy within the Queen Betsy series and it isn’t as humorous as the others.
3 – A book you’ve recently added to your TBR
Nalini Singh’s Archangel’s Shadows. It’ll be read by the end of the week.
4 – A Book on your TBR strictly because of its beautiful cover.
The Goblin King (Shadowlands Book 1) by Shona Husk. I did read the prequel, but have yet to read the actual book.
5 – A book on your TBR that you never planned on reading.
Unholy Magic (Downside Ghosts Book 2) by Stacia Kane. I read the first book, and didn’t really like the hero choice, so I wasn’t interested. Then, I kept reading how good the series is, and bought book two. So, one day, maybe? Another try.
6. An unpublished book in your TBR that you’re excited about
Two of them! The Rocker Who Cherishes Me made me squeel in real life. Not joking. *grins* And First Debt by Pepper Winters. OMG, the first book was intense and wrong on so many levels, and this one is not just a novella, but it’s supposed to be about 300 pages.
7. A book that everyone’s read but you.
A lot of them! Main ones? Archer’s Voice. No idea why, just haven’t yet. Night Owl. Because, let’s be honest, he’s kinda creepy to me. I can’t get past that. Deeper. I know. *ducks* I read over a quarter of the book, and I just can’t. It’s too boring to me. I read that they had conversations. I want to know the conversations word for word! I didn’t feel them falling in love. I need talking to like a story and there wasn’t enough for me.
9: A book on your TBR that you’re DYING to read.
One that’s not mentioned yet? Cause Archangel’s Shadows seems like a must read. How about the one I have yet to buy, (because I don’t want the series to end) Black Spring by Christina Henry. The series is so good, that I’m sad it’s ending. On the same boat, though I have this one, (and still haven’t read it) Jeanine Frost Up From the Grave. I don’t want to say goodbye to them either! *Sniffles*
Now, don’t you feel like we really know her? She’s one of us, for sure!!! 😀