Happy Sunday and end of the week. I hope your weekend was full of awesome reading! Let’s take a look at some of the latest author news, from this last week, shall we? You know me, I love making lists and rounding up info. 😀
<— Now of course today’s biggest news is that one there to the left. Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian on SALE TODAY (ONLY?)
- Okay… how about what I’m currently reading and LOVING? This book is freaking AWESOME already and I have a feeling I’ll be 5-starring this. The writing quality, the dialogue, the internal monologue, the slow and steady start (that is just perfect!!!!!). I’ve already been infuriated twice (*gasp* The indignation!!) and yet I know my heart will be melting in it’s own puddle of love-goo soon. 😉 RUSH (City Lights: New York City Book 3) can be read as a standalone too!!! Thank you for the recommendation Jillian. So far SO AMAZING!!!! *big squeeeeeezy hug* to you!!! 😀
- Author Emma Chase is having a giveaway on Goodreads!! She says: “If you haven’t entered the Sustained Giveaway yet – get on that now!! 30 early print copies up for grabs (US only).”
- Author Bonnie Dee just released a new book a few days ago that missed my “new release” post, but it’s still news so here it is! The Tutor (both m/m and ghosts!) She’s always been SO unique in her story telling. I just love her!
- Author Penelope Ward will be releasing a new book shortly, entitled “Sins of Sevin”. FORBIDDEN LOVE my friends!!! It will be releasing September 2015 and while it’s not up for pre-order as of yet, but the cover will be revealed VERY soon. Just check out this “mini-blurb”. OMG!!!
From the New York Times Bestselling author of Stepbrother Dearest, comes a new kind of forbidden love story…Matthew 5:28 “But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.”What happens when the one you want is the only one you can’t have?
- Author Mia Asher is currently working on Sweetest Venom!! She tells us… “I’m writing. I’m writing. I’m writing.” She estimates her book will be released in the fall. She also says:
“My deadline for SV is fast approaching, and I really need to pour all my attention and focus on Blaire and her men so that you can have her story in your hands soon. ;)”
- Congratulations to author Jill Shalvis for her RITA award! She just announced her win!! “Bringing home a Rita award from NY for One in a Million in the contemporary category!!!”
- Author Gretchen de la O just released her student-reacher romance series as a bundled box set! The Wilson Mooney Box Set: Bonus Max Prequel
- Dr. Seuss surprise!!! WHOA! A blast from our past. Guess what??!! A BRAND NEW Dr. Seuss book has been discovered and will be released this Tuesday!! What Pet Should I Get? (Classic Seuss) <— *gasp* You can see the news report about it, here. Featuring the kids from One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish!!
YES!!! I just finished Rush yesterday & absolutely LOVED it!!! One of my faves this year!!!
Scribbling “Rush” down, so I can enjoy it soon too.
I finished Golden Dynasty, now, I’m debating whether I should go on and read the rest of the Fantasyland series that has been released…
I am going to have to break down and purchase Grey today since it is on sale for such a great price. I’m also going to have to read the City Lights series. I’ve fallen into a rut of reading books by the same few authors so I really need to shake things up.
Reviews of Rush are that it has a Me before u feel but not tragic, if that’s the case, I’m SO in (after golden dynasty which is so good)
For .99 how can I not buy Grey!
I want to read Rush next after I finish Priest…..which I am enjoying but not 5 stars for me. A little over the top…in my opinion.
First Jezebel and now Rush…you’re gettin’ all kinds of lucky with the five-star reads, Maryse! 😀 Rush sounds really good, but I think it’s still a bit too soon for me after reading MBY…doesn’t mean I’m not going to one-click it though. 😉
That new one by Penelope Ward, Sins of Seven…oh that is so MINE!!!! *happy squirmy dance*
Grey…the other Fantasyland books are really good, but to me they didn’t have the amazing all-consuming feels of GD. Still, it was nice to stay in that world for a while and read the others in the series! AND you’ll get to see Lahn and Circe again later on…it’s not the same as being in *their* story but it’s better than nothing. 😉
Amy you’ll love Rush. I just know it. 😀
Guys you need to read RUSH! I loved it!! Its so touching and beautiful. Perfection!
Grey I finished Wildest Dreams yesterday and I am going to read Fantastical next 🙂 Loving this series!
YAY!!! 😀 And the “slow and steady start” will be good for teaching me patience…something I seem to be lacking lately when it comes to reading. 😉
“Slow and Steady”, does this mean slow burn?
Rush sounds so good. Think that’s my next read. 🙂
Penelope Ward’s “forbidden” book sounds like a good one too!
Anne, you and I can be buddy readers, I’m gonna go with Fantastical I think too. Tomorrow. LOL
bev… slow and steady just in the story’s pacing. Her life, her job, her friends, and then meeting her new employer… getting to know her new job.
I’m done the book and will be reviewing and it was SO good, but I could have definitely used more time in the “getting to know each other” stage… his angry phase with her, and of course… I could have used more slow burn. 😉
But still a very good read!
Too many books in these comments. I’ll need another room to put all of them in. Right now I am reading Emilia Rutigliano’s series Alexandra’s Order. It’s very good, alexandrasorder.com is the book site. It’s worth a look!
Rush sounds good…