Author & Book News Roundup – July 29th 2018

by Maryse on July 29, 2018 · 19 comments

in News

I’m in the mood to round up some awesome book news (and that’s because, all I’m seeing on my feeds today, is exciting stuff). For example… THESE TWO awesome new releases that just went LIVE today!! :D

• Playboy by Katy Evans!!! <— THE LATEST BY KATY EVANS IS LIVE!!! And it CAN be read as a standalone! “...I discovered who he was: Gambler. Famous playboy. Silver-eyed player who never plays to lose. …And my best friend’s soon-to-be brother in law, Cullen Carmichael. He needed a good luck charm, I needed a distraction. So we made a gamble and set off for Vegas—but pretty soon—I was in too deep...”
  • Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart <— KATE STEWART’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! I JUST READ THIS ONE and I had a feeling it was going live today!! :D!!! Heartfelt and so good. I’ll be reviewing shortly, but I definitely recommend it. This is one of my favorite authors!

Grey: Quiet weekend around here. I am finishing my current read, then getting ready to jump into an ARC that I am SUPER stoked about. You know…since this cover screams my name. Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart, it is gorgeous and *glitter, all the glitter*. I haven’t read anything about it… I want to read the book based on the cover…period. :lol: That makes me slightly insane, right?

Nay: Someone Else’s Ocean, a new one by Kate Stewart!

Maryse: Nay I’m reading that one (Someone Else’s Ocean ARC) as we speak. :D

Grey: Kate Stewart hit the publish button for Someone Else’s Ocean, so my guess is that it will go live on Amazon sometime this evening…

• IDLE: Book Four of The Seven Deadly Series by Fisher Amelie (thank you for letting us know, Tasha!!) :D I LOVE this author!!! “…Life’s easy when nothing expects so little of you. Easy is what I crave. Easy is what I do best. Let the world weep. What good could I possibly do them anyhow? Follow my lead and close your eyes. It’s effortless. Stop asking about me. I’m okay with being no one, a nobody…” (P.S. They can all be read as standalones – featuring a different set of characters in each, however here is the series order + a link to my review of book #1)

So it’s time for that list. ;)

P.S. Here’s some “me” news! I just finished an ARC of Kate Stewart’s upcoming release “Someone Else’s Ocean” (going live Tuesday… but maybe earlier, if Amazon is quick about it), and it was great! Review coming later today. :D

And now… more book news:

• All the Ugly and Wonderful Things: A Novel by Bryn Greenwood <— FORBIDDEN LOVE SUPER-SALE ALERT!! This one was addicting, impossible to put down, and very forbiddeny… Highly acclaimed and definitely took me right out of my comfort zone. I’ll never forget it. Here’s my review (and yes, I was one of those that totally struggled with it… but a year later, it’s still on my mind.) Thanks for the find, Tasha!! :D

Tarryn Fisher‘s upcoming “Daddiopath” is THE BOOK I’m most obsessed about and dying to read. She keeps teasing us with these incredibly deep moments of introspection. I don’t know if they are quotes from her book, or if she’s giving us insight into HER process in writing this one, but she is one of my true-life heroes. Here… just to give you an idea:

Tarryn: Each thing I was given, by my life, my father, my circumstance-good or bad-has become a tool. Don’t think your toolbox only needs good experiences. I was forged in fire. Coming this Fall.#Daddiopath

and here’s the teaser graphic (that you must see!)

Tarryn: I can’t believe you broke my heart and I let you live to talk about it. Let me slay you with words.

The Men My Father Warned Me About
#daddiopath

and here’s the teaser graphic (beautiful)

Tarryn: Trust no man, my daddy said.
I didn’t mean to, but…
#Daddiopath #memoir #comingsoon

and here’s the teaser graphic (beautiful)

P.S. While I’m talking about Tarryn Fisher, OMG I just realized she re-did the covers for her “Love Me With Lies” series. These are ABSOLUTELY incredible and totally fit the mood of the books.

LATEST ADDITIONS just added to the main “New Releases” page :D

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Lisa M July 29, 2018 at 1:13 PM

Playboy!!!! Perfect for a Sunday afternoon read!!! Can’t wait to get started!!! Love Katy Evans books!! I’m sure you noticed but your title says April 29. Lol!! That’s something I would do & have done.

Maryse July 29, 2018 at 2:32 PM

LOL Lisa!!! Thank you for letting me know. ;) I think I needed more coffee when I started this post. *snort* :P

Fixed! ;)

Leslie M July 29, 2018 at 2:42 PM

Normally I don’t like when authors change their covers (too confusing) but I LOVE the new Opportunist covers. Like, seriously LOVE them!! Makes me want to do a re-read.

Maryse July 29, 2018 at 2:44 PM

Me too. They are EXACTLY what they should have always been. She made the right choice.

Leslie M July 29, 2018 at 3:00 PM

Bad covers are the worst!!! Esp when its one of those overused “stock” photos that several other books already used.

bev July 29, 2018 at 3:24 PM

For some reason I thought the author was the model for the previous books?

These are ones that I should probably get rid of. I bought them during the hype but can not seem to get myself to ever read them. Plus, I know spoilers.

Amy July 29, 2018 at 6:17 PM

Those new covers are AMAZING and SO fitting. I want to let Amazon update my covers but then they might uninvitedly update ALL of the covers that have been changed, and that’s not always a good thing. *gives stink-eye to Big Little Lies cover sitting in Kindle library*

I’m so excited about Someone Else’s Ocean! GAH! Love that woman’s writing. Now I just have to be patient for Daddiopath…

Amy July 29, 2018 at 6:19 PM

Hey Maryse, speaking of Tarryn Fisher…remember when you asked us a while back to give you any questions we had for her? Did you ever do a post with the answers and I just missed it?

bev July 29, 2018 at 8:23 PM

That Kate Stewart one has a very pretty cover. See that catches my eye.

bev July 29, 2018 at 8:27 PM

So my next two will be my kpop one I mentioned earlier (fingers crossed) and Love and Other Train Wrecks. I like both of those covers too.

I bought My Oxford Year. Anyone else? Also, good cover. Are covers getting better?

Cheryl July 29, 2018 at 8:48 PM

Someone Else’s Ocean- click, and it’s KU!!!

Is it fall yet- waiting impatiently for Daddiopath.

My Oxford Year scares me; to be compared to Jo Jo Moyes and Nicholas Sparks and a “heartbreaking story.” Think I’ll wait for someone else to guinea pig it and let me know. *whispers I think it’s one of “those” books*

bev July 29, 2018 at 8:48 PM

I don’t think I need it but I find it so cute. I get tempted every time I see it.

bev July 29, 2018 at 8:50 PM

LOL! Is it?? I just remember the buzz and saw it rec’d so one clicked based on that and that it is Oxford and the cover.
Uh-oh.

I LOVE fall but not ready for summer to be done.

Amy July 29, 2018 at 9:58 PM

Oh, you KNOW My Oxford Year was an immediate click for me. I had seen buzz for it before it was released, but the price made me a bit hesitant. But as soon as I saw it was on sale…CLICK! :D

bev…that little brush is adorable. And for only $6, I say DO IT!!

Amy July 29, 2018 at 9:59 PM

And I hope authors and publishers have finally listened and maybe that’s why covers seem to be getting better. Slowly, but surely.

Jen C July 30, 2018 at 1:48 AM

I’m so excited for Daddiopath!

The new covers are beyond perfect! Ordered some signed copies over the weekend.

Jan July 30, 2018 at 2:23 AM

My Oxford Year’s not out on kindle Australia till December…… :(

Maryse July 30, 2018 at 8:47 AM

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!?? My Oxford Year was on sale?? *gasp*!! Did I miss it?

*runs to check Amazon*

Maryse July 30, 2018 at 8:57 AM

bev I just one-clicked it too. Especially after Cheryl’s reaction.;) That just makes me wanna read it more. *snort* :P