AWESOME NEWS POST from EARLY BIRD book releases to updates from author in regards to their current “works in progress” posts!! News from Diana Gabaldon, Colleen Hoover, Kitty Thomas, Kristen Ashley and MORE!!! :D!!!
<— Leisa Rayven‘s latest is LIVE!! MERRY CHRISTMAS LOVE STORIES!! “From the internationally best selling author of BAD ROMEO, BROKEN JULIET, and WICKED HEART comes an anthology of sweet and sexy novellas featuring beloved Starcrossed characters such as Ethan and Cassie, Liam and Elissa, and Josh and Angel; as well as the gang from The Grove.”
“I’m SO P*UCKING excited! Lance is hands down my favourite Pucked boy. I fell in love with writing this book, it was just a fantastic experience and I can’t wait to be able to share it with you…”
Kitty Thomas <— QUEEN OF MY DARK READS ALERT!!! She just posted a “Good News/Bad News” status update and it’s LOADED in personal “author writing process” detail!!!! Her current Work In Progress, and stuff going on, and characters we’ll be seeing, etc… and I MUST INSIST you also read the comments which is essentially an awesome reader/author question and answer session. I LOVE knowing so much about an author’s current and possible future work! Here’s just a SNIPPET of what she says…
BAD NEWS: Today I cut 13,000 words from the manuscript.
GOOD NEWS: Turns out THIS was why I was blocked… I was going down a bad side trail. (It wasn’t election stress like I’d previously thought. All of that just made it easier to procrastinate on a book that “wasn’t working”. Oh… the good news part… the 13k I cut was unnecessary side trails and character POVs that diluted and hurt the story I was trying to tell, which is why I got so bogged down in it and couldn’t move forward.
BAD NEWS: There was some good Brian and Mina stuff in there.
GOOD NEWS: I might later do a side novella incorporating that stuff (Just because I cut it from the manuscript itself did not mean I didn’t save it into another file)…
Colleen Hoover explains why she removed her HUGE HIT “Too Late” from Wattpad and has made it available only on Amazon. She says (here’s just a little snippet but you can read the fully detailed post on her Facebook page):
The majority of readers who read my books are not on Wattpad. A lot didn’t even know about the app when I began uploading chapters there. Wattpad is a completely different reading experience than that of kindle, so once the book was complete on Wattpad, many readers expressed disappointment that it wasn’t available for them through Kindle. I had initially only planned to leave it up on Wattpad, but after a discussion in CoHorts (my facebook group) it was decided that I would leave the book up for free on Wattpad for at least six months before I would then allow readers to have access to it on other devices. I did this because I wanted Wattpad users to be able to have ample time to read the book for free, because Amazon doesn’t allow an author to upload a book without putting a price on it.
“I watched it 50 times, and maybe teared up a little bit, I told myself to wait. Unleash it later. At least wait until after Thanksgiving.
Because of the kiss.
Keatyn Unscripted is a behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Keatyn Chronicles series. Come live in Keatyn’s world a little longer and discover when and how Aiden learned Keatyn’s real identity in pivotal new scenes from his point of view. Get inside Vincent’s head to learn what started his obsession and read new scenes spanning the entire series. Read Jillian’s first version of the series and its alternate ending. You’ll also find a discussion of the original character profiles, deleted scenes, scripts, music, and clothing that were such an important part of the series and which held many clues as to which boy Keatyn would ultimately choose.
“This week, Kristin Cashore announced that her next novel, Jane, Unlimited, is coming in fall 2017, and the news basically broke the internet. Whether you’re a diehard fan of the Graceling series, or a fantasy reader in general, you know that Kristin Cashore is a legend, and a new novel from her is THE BEST NEWS EVER.”
Diana Gabaldon announced her upcoming release, Seven Stones to Stand or Fall: A Collection of Outlander Fiction!!!! Here’s a snippet of her post:
HOWEVER, A) you’re not getting BEES in 2017 because it’s not done yet, but B) you are, in fact, getting a nice, solid book in the coming year.
On June 27th, 2017.
What this is, is a “Collection of Outlander Fiction,” as the cover states. It’s seven novellas, all written by me, and all dealing with the interesting side-stories and lacunae of the Outlander universe.
Five of these novellas were originally published in various anthologies, and in the US/Canada, have then been published singly as ebooks. (Not, however, in the UK/Australia/NewZealand, Germany, etc.)
The final two novellas of SEVEN STONES, though, are brand-new, never seen before by human eyes.
JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!
- Snowed in With The Boss (Master Me Book 1) by Lili Valente <— OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!!! Snowed in with his assistant that he’s secretly into! “I’m a gentleman in the boardroom and a Dominant in the bedroom. I’ve also been secretly in love with my sweet, sexy, too-innocent-for-her-own-good executive assistant, Jane, for the better part of two years. But like I said, I’m a gentleman. Any woman on my staff is strictly off limits. Until the night I’m snowed in at the office with Jane… The same night I discover she’s a submissive looking for a teacher...”
- J.C. and the Bijoux Jolis: The Rousseaus #3 (The Blueberry Lane Series Book 14) by Katy Regnery
- Wallflowers:Three of a Kind by CP Smith <— Author says “WARNING: Author believes in soul mates and insta-love. Proceed with caution if you’re not a romantic at heart.”
- A Missing Heart: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Shari J. Ryan <— HE JUST FOUND OUT HIS WIFE HAS A SECRET PAST ALERT!!! “I found out the hard way, when I learned that my wife is not who I thought she was…living with a past I should know about. Her continuous self-destructive behaviors let me know she clearly has a plan—possibly one I never should have been a part of. I keep trying to save her, but she’s making it hard. Now, both of our pasts have simultaneously rolled into the spotlight...”
- Bad Neighbor by Molly O’Keefe <— THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL!! I love neighbor-crush books! “I gave up everything to save my sister from a monster, and now I’m lying low in this rundown apartment so I can stay out of danger. Hiding from everyone. Except for the guy in apartment 1A. He’s rude. Silent. Muscled, mysterious, and hot as hell. I don’t know if he likes me or hates me…“
- Cross the Line (Alex Cross) by James Patterson
- Hard Compromise (Compromise Me) by Samanthe Beck <— SEXY COP ALERT!!!
- A Postcard Would Be Nice by Steph Campbell <— HE WAS AT A PARTY AND WAKES UP NEXT TO A GIRL… “He remembers the room spinning and someone helping him up the stairs. He remembers waking up next to Tarryn, a girl he barely knows, with his clothes on the floor. There’s just one notable memory missing. Oliver doesn’t remember saying yes. When Tarryn laughs off Oliver’s panic and tells him he should take her out for breakfast, he doesn’t say no. He stops himself from saying no to Tarryn for weeks because he’s waiting for what never comes—an honest answer about what happened that night…“
- To Save Him: A May-December Romance Novel by Jade C. Jamison <— OLDER WOMAN YOUNGER MILITARY MAN ALERT! “Kimberly Cooper’s emotional compass has been off since her bitter divorce and the death of her oldest son, so when young soldier Brandon shows up at her door, she invites him to be part of her family’s life. He says he was friends with her deceased son… But things don’t seem to add up…“
- Grunt: A Marine Romance by Alana Albertson <— A MARINE & A REALITY DANCE SHOW ALERT! Nancy found us this one!!! “My impulse is to reject it in a heartbeat. I have no desire for fame or fortune. Except I made a promise once. To a dying man. My best friend. I swore to him that I’d take care of his wife and kids if he passed away on the battlefield. Fifty thousand dollars. For humiliating myself on national television, spending time with the woman who’d left me, losing my privacy, becoming the laughing stock of the Marine Corps...”
- Runaway Love (A Fighting Chance Novel Book 1) by Jamie Lee <— HER BOY NEXT DOOR LOVE! “We ran away from our past and ran towards our future. Until the day darkness found us once again, and promises made became promises broken. We had a plan. We had each other. We had love. And then we had nothing.”
PREORDERS (going live at MIDNIGHT!!!! )
- An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur <— RELEASING EARLY!! Was originally scheduled for January but is coming out November 22nd 2016!! YAY!!!!!
- Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely – November 22nd 2016
- Over The Edge (The Bridge Series Book 3) by Meredith Wild – November 22nd 2016
- The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles) by Kim Harrison – November 22nd 2016
- Vice by Callie Hart – November 22nd 2016
- Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel Book 2) by Cara McKenna – November 22nd 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).