Author & Book News Roundup – October 1st 2017

by Maryse on October 1, 2017 · 10 comments

in News

<—- MONDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! These two just went LIVE!!! —->

• Hideaway (Devil’s Night #2) by Penelope Douglas!!! <— DARK READ!! The author says: “*Hideaway is a romantic suspense suitable for ages 18+. While the romance is a stand-alone, the plot is a continuation of events that began in CORRUPT (Devil’s Night, #1). It is strongly recommended that you have read Corrupt prior to reading this.”
  • The Brother by K. Larsen <— CREEPY STALKER DARK READ ALERT!!!  :D (Best to read book #1 first – The Tutor, as you’ll really get the full effect that will come through with this one). ;)

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!! This is one of my favorite months because 1.) It finally starts getting cooler with that fresh crisp air, 2.) It’s the start of the awesome Holiday season with all sorts of monthly events and get-togethers to look forward to, and 3.) HALLOWWWWWWEEEEEN!!!! *squeeeee* I’m a horror fanatic, and I’ll be indulging big time. :D

P.S. I just watched Gerald’s Game (by Stephen King) on Netflix and I must say…. that was creepy fun!!! Freaked me out, made me have a panic attack, made me gasp in horror, but the message was pretty great. I kind of wish I had read it first. I imagine as a book it would really dig into my psyche.

Reanell: The book is amazing!!! I can’t wait to watch it on Netflix!

Maryse: I NEED to read that book. It was crazy intense and the thoughts and introspection behind it all… WOW

Heidi: The book is excellent!

Cyndi: OMG I forgot it came out!!!!!!

And with the start of our Fall season, comes extra good news!

Heidi McLaughlin‘s books 1-3 in her Beaumont Series (The Beaumont Series Boxed Set) has been bundled at a bargain price and just went LIVE! And YEP. I JUST ONE-CLICKED THIS BOOK BUNDLE! MINE!

Kristen Ashley announced a bunch of “Rock Chick” goodies for purchase that will support charities! Here’s the direct link to “RockChickNationSupports:D She says:

THEY’RE HERE!

Phone cases. Beach towels. Tote bags. Posters. Coffee Mugs. Canvases.

Yup, all the KA goodness you can handle and every penny of profit goes to support the Rock Chick Nation charities!

Emma Scott will be releasing a new standalone! Forever Right Now is about a woman starting over after a stint in jail, and meets her new single-father neighbor… YES PLEASE! I already LOVE this author and this sounds right up our angsty-inspiring alley! “…As Darlene struggles in her new city, the last thing she wants is to become entangled with her handsome—but cranky—neighbor and his adorable little girl…”

Caroline Kepnes (author of my beloved psych-thriller read, You: A Novelwrote an excellent “Entertainment Weekly” article celebrating Stephen King’s 70th birthday!!! “Caroline Kepnes on discovering yourself in King’s stories” (here’s just a tiny excerpt):

“…Out of nowhere, my phone started to go crazy. The good kind of crazy. Stephen King had Tweeted about my book. What a gift. What a thrill. My mom was right. There was nobody who would have been more excited about this than my dad…”

Cora Carmack just posted the GORGEOUS cover reveal of her upcoming novel Rage (Stormheart). It’s book #2 in her new YA Fantasy romance series (and here’s book #1 Roar (Stormheart)

THESE were JUST ADDED to the main “NEW RELEASE” page!

Leslie M October 1, 2017 at 2:55 PM

I can’t wait for Forever Right Now. Did you realize that the h, Darlene is side character from The Butterfly Project?

Jan October 1, 2017 at 5:52 PM

I was lucky enough to read an ARC of A Charm Of Finches. Fantastic book!! As good as, no, better than An Exaltation of Larks. Add it to your tbrs, ladies.

In a totally different vein, I liked Cora Cormack’s Rusk University series from a couple of years back. I’d like to read more of hers in that series, but YA fantasy’s not really my thang, so I don’t think I’ll be going down the Roar and Rage path. (OK, it is a great cover, I’ll give you that). But isn’t it frustrating when you want a new book in a series and the danged author writes something else instead? How dare they? ;)

R. Renee October 1, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Oh that’s right and it’s a new month. Charm of Finches was hands down my favorite book from September. I beta-read True Abandon and I’m currently beta-reading Forever Right Now and both are awesome!

Robyn October 1, 2017 at 6:25 PM

Junkyard Queen (Alexa O’Brien Huntress Book 12) By Trina M. Lee is set to drop October 27th, but the author said it may come out 10 days earlier! Love, Love, Love this series. Arys! ❤️

Marit October 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM

So many goodies you have here, Mayse ;)

I have some good stuff for us as well! Sack Time by A.M Willard! I LOVED IT! I have a weakness for doctors. Ehem ;) OMG. It’s funny, sexy, and he is a doctor. She is his neighbor and she has an illness. She doesn’t want his help, but he is pushy :) I love the feelings this book gave me. It made me feel so feminine. A MUST read ladies!

Leslie: I hope you enjoy Dr.Stanton ;)

Leslie M October 2, 2017 at 8:39 AM

Maryse, did you read The Difference Between Us by Rachel Higginson? I swore you did but I can’t find your review. Anyways…I am reading it and LOVING it.

Grey October 2, 2017 at 8:57 AM

Breaking news indeed!!! Squee! *glitter and confetti for days and days and days* I’ll dance with everyone because I’m reading Hideaway and I’ve already read The Brother and *glitter and confetti* yep. I did it, two rounds of it! :lol:

Tessa October 2, 2017 at 1:39 PM

And I am still… on chapter two. lol This is definitely a day I just want to sit and read.

Jean October 2, 2017 at 9:33 PM

I have to recommend Girl Crush by Stephie Walls! It had me cracking up! Light, funny, romantic comedy!

Jean October 2, 2017 at 9:34 PM

Loved Charm of Finches too!