SO much awesome author and book news today, I just couldn’t help myself. I had to compile all into a comprehensive *squeeeee!!!* list! 😀 From upcoming book releases, to cover reveals, to super-deals, to books that just went live, to authors letting us in on their “works-in-progress”… we have plenty to look forward to and to indulge in, right now!
- Taylor Jenkins Reid <— COVER REVEAL and I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!! She is one of my latest absolute “100% BEST AUTHOR EVER” favorite authors and she’s just revealed the cover for her upcoming release —> Maybe in Another Life: A Novel. And oh boy does it sound awesome!!!
“In concurrent storylines, Hannah lives out the effects of each decision. Quickly, these parallel universes develop into radically different stories with large-scale consequences for Hannah, as well as the people around her. As the two alternate realities run their course, Maybe in Another Life raises questions about fate and true love: Is anything meant to be? How much in our life is determined by chance? And perhaps, most compellingly: Is there such a thing as a soul mate? Hannah believes there is. And, in both worlds, she believes she’s found him.”
- Kristen Ashley announces a bunch of books coming out in audio format! She says:
As you know, I have a bunch of books coming out in audiobook and now I have news about the latest batch of pre-orders!
Sidenote from Maryse: Speaking of audiobooks, check out this Amazon/Audible deal —> Free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal
- Kristen Ashley has another book coming out June 30th 2015!! Ride Steady (Chaos) <— Biker book alert and HERE is the cover!
- S.C. Stephens just announced the upcoming release of her next “Thoughtless Series” book, Untamed (A Thoughtless Novel) (Griffin’s book!!) It’s releasing November 3rd 2015, and he’s such a… er… well. You know. 😉 I can’t wait to see how he’s gonna drive us crazy in his OWN book. *happy dance* (P.S. Here’s the series reading order. This series is a MUST READ!)
- S.C. Stephens also just posted the cover of Untamed. Yep. Griffin’s pretttttty hot!
- Colleen Hoover raised a TON of money for charity last week with her very first “The Bookworm Box” and she’s looking to do more!! She says:
“Are you an indie author?
Do you write books with elements of romance?
Do you want a new way to reach your readers?
Do you like having a hand in doing great things for charity?
Great! Read below.
We want to introduce you to The Bookworm Box. We launched last Friday and sold out of hundreds of boxes in just a few minutes, raising over $11,000 for charity!
We’d love to feature your books in our April indie boxes…” (more)
- Colleen Hoover also has another surprise for us! She’s writing and LOVING her latest book boyfriend!! She says:
“In precisely (or not so precisely) one week or one week and a day or nine days or something like that, I’ll be doing a cover reveal for November 9. The book that releases November 10th, ironically enough.
I just have to say I haven’t been this excited for a book cover reveal since ever. I’ve also never been this into writing a book before. I’m loving it.
I don’t know why. Maybe because I love Ben Kessler.
Benton James Kessler. Our new book boyfriend.”
- JoJo Moyes <—- Claudia found us this awesome news saying: “Ladies, look!! I’m so happy, one of my favorite books ever now gets a sequel yayayayayay:” A SEQUEL to “Me Before You”?!!!! YESSSSSSSS!!!!! *thud* <—- I fainted! Here’s my review of this fabulous read!!! From the article:
“Moyes is writing a sequel to her novel called After You, due on Sept. 29 from Pamela Dorman Books.”
- Jodi Ellen Malpas is writing!! How do I know? ‘Cause she just posted THIS on her Facebook page: “I need to stop creating men who I want to marry. Hello, new man!” <— LOL!!!
- Tina Reber is writing too! Continuing one of our favorites, her “Love series”! (Here’s my review of book #1: Love Unscripted). She says:
“I’m currently writing Love Unguarded (LU3), hoping that my readers realize and remember that Marcia Gay Harden was mentioned in Love Unrehearsed (LU2) LONG before she was cast to play Mrs. Grace Trevelyn Grey. Marcia was cast to play along side Ryan Christensen in his movie, Reparation, in my novel. The reason I bring this up is because I’m writing from Marie’s POV and she recalls the memory meeting her at the after-party, which I just typed in my manuscript. So no rolling eyes at me. LU2 published in 2012, long before she was cast to play Mrs. Grey…”
- Claire Wallis is preparing an exclusive fun tidbit-y post for us!! It’ll be posted sometime this weekend or early next week, and I think, considering what we’ve been talking about lately, this one’s gonna be right up our alley. She says: “There are so many funny little things that happened during the process…” <— And yes, it’s concerning one of my favorites from last year, her book “Push” (here’s my review)
- Aly Martinez is teasing us with her latest upcoming angsty piece (it’s a novella that will appear in the What If: The Anthology that she is still working on and will be released April 1st 2015). Yes. April Fool’s Day. Is this a joke? 😉 I LOVED her book #1 in this series (Changing Course <— my review) and so… here’s the teaser pic… and she says:
Fighting Silence and the Page brothers have invaded my mind, but today I’m listening to my Stolen Course playlist. Why
- Bonnie Dee just early-bird released her latest one!! Guarded Passion (Wyatt Brothers Book 3) is now LIVE on Amazon, and I simply LOVE this author (Here’s my review of one of her books: Finding Home <— FANTASTIC!!!). This new one’s about a single mother struggling to make ends meet, and a criminal businessman…
- Kitty Thomas (one of my TOP queens of dark reads – here’s my review of Comfort Food – and there’s nothing comfortable about it!) just posted an observation about reader dark-read expectations and pushing the limits and all that cool stuff since the beginning of dark-reads to where we are now. She says:
“Something I’ve noticed within my genre: When I started and released Comfort Food, I’m not saying I was doing anything “brand new” because dark erotica already existed, and there really was plenty of it already. It just wasn’t “everywhere” at that point. But at the time Comfort Food came out, few regular readers were “jaded”, so by most people’s experience it was VERY dark. For a lot of people it was too dark. It was just well outside their comfort zone of reading.
But now, as the envelope keeps being pushed farther and farther in the genre, many of my books are rather “tame” by comparison. And I’m okay with that…” (more)
- CJ Roberts <— Speaking of Queens of Dark reads, Check out this great video that CJ just released!! She says:
“In case u missed it. My mom’s video reply for “Ask CJ’s Mom Anything”. Please enjoy. I did.