Happy Friday and happy reading weekend. Another one to indulge in, and this Friday Finds list brings us so many AWESOME new releases (and the tried-and-true reader recommendations sound PERFECT for us!!)
<— In fact, I’m reading The Unremembered Girl: A Novel (that one there to the left). A psych-thriller (I think!!) but it almost seems like it might have an angsty love story developing, and I’m scared. Delightfully so!!! 😀 😉 I’m almost halfway in and loving it… and I have NO clue where it’s going, but I think it’s gonna be bad (in a good way).
But if that’s not what you’re looking for…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND !!
- Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones) by Rachel Van Dyken <— LIVE!!! RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT!!! A WOLF GRIEVING HIS MATE… AND THEN HE MEETS HER. A VAMPIRE. “...I crave things I have no business craving. And it is manifesting itself in a way I’m terrified I won’t be able to control any longer. Especially since she arrived. Vampire. Orphan. Beaten beyond recognition. My blood calls to her in a way that makes no sense. I’m a wolf. She’s a vampire. The two don’t mate...”
- Night Road by Kristin Hannah <— KRISTIN HANNAH ALERT!! Oh I WANNA READ IT and Megan recommends it!
Megan: I was looking through your reviews and was reading some of yours on books I have loved. I went to look for Night Road by Kristen Hannah, but didn’t see it. If you haven’t read it, you should. It is what got me back into reading about 12 years ago. I now read probably over 20 books a year, sometimes I read the same ones again. Night Road is one I ALWAYS go back to. If you’ve read it, I would like to see what you think about it.
- The Other Brother by Meghan Quinn <— MEGHAN QUINN’S LATEST IS LIVE!! OH MY!!!!!!!!!!! This one sounds like all sorts of romance angst and love-triangley (and the blurb made me gasp in delight)!! “I found a wonderful job, a quaint house to rent, my boyfriend was working on joining me in Binghamton, and my favorite pizza place was only miles away. Life was good. Until I met my neighbor. It’s been three years since I’d seen Aaron Walters, and my God is he all kinds of sexy gorgeous. Figures. He was supposed to be my forever, the man I grew old with, but he had different plans. How can a man who ripped my heart apart still trip me up? How can he make me still want him now more than ever? I’m tempted, I’m drawn toward him, I’m completely and utterly unaware that I’m dating his biological brother. Now two men own my heart. The question is, which brother will I choose?“
- Wait for It by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! SO MANY of our book crew LOVED this one, and it even made Jen cry when she was done (because she was so sad it was over):
Jen: I cried and cried when Wait for it was over! My husband said Jennifer !! Why would you read a book with a sad ending! I said it has a happy ending! I am just so sad it is over!! I feel like I know those characters! What a beautiful book. How can you fall in love with characters in a book?? She makes it so easy! Ahhhhh!!!
Jan: Wait For It seems to be similar in style to Kulti and Wow, although it’s a different kind of story from those two. The h is Diana Cassilis, best friend of Vanessa (from The Wall of Winnipeg and Me) and a relative (cousin maybe?) of Sal from Kulti. But it’s completely a standalone. You gradually get to know the great characters in the book as their stories unfold and relationships develop. Diana is just lovely, and she’s got a heckuva lot to deal with but she does it so well. And there are lots of funny, sweet moments.
I’m glued to this book and have dropped the other ones I was reading till I’m done with this one. So far I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Kulti or WoW or who appreciates slow burn and well-written characters with integrity.
- Girl Crush by Stephie Walls <— RECENT ROMANTIC COMEDY RELEASE & Jean recommends this one!! “...After one of the nastiest divorces in history, followed by some of the crudest and raunchiest dates, I’d decided to bat for the other team. …At least I tried. But creating the next Brat Pack hadn’t been on the agenda. Neither had my date’s brother, Collier West. And I wasn’t prepared for finding true love at the end of my gal-pal tryst…“
Jean: I just have to mention and recommend Girl Crush by Stephie Walls again. If you are looking for something funny. I know Maryse and Amy will love all the references to Opi nail polish!!! …I loved! (Heroine is totally obsessed with OPI nail polish and she’s hysterical)! It had me cracking up! Light, funny, romantic comedy!
Amy: OPI references in Girl Crush? CLICK!!
- Butterfly : A Public Enemy Standalone by Cambria Hebert <— LIVE!!! OH!! HE’S A POP STAR THAT RUINED HIS REPUTATION (I can’t help but envision a certain real-life one. 😉 LOL!!) … “…My poor conduct got me on the Celebs Behaving Badly list and ultimately ruined my career.
From the world’s number-one popstar to world’s most hated. That’s me. Ten Stark. Go underground, they said. Stay out of the spotlight. Most importantly, stay out of trouble. Everyone loves a good comeback story. For once, I listened. I met someone who didn’t know my name, my face, or the bad behavior that defined me. She taught me I wasn’t who everyone thought I was–everyone including me…”
- Badd Luck (The Badd Brothers Book 5) by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!!! JASINDA WILDER ALERT!! “Two sets of gorgeous twins, a weekend alone together in a remote, picturesque, rural cabin with plenty of alcohol…what could possibly go wrong?” :D!!! *waggles eyebrows*
- Ten Thousand Points of Light by Michelle Warren <— RECENT RELEASE & KRISTA IS FREAKING OUT AND SAYS GO. IN. BLIND!!!!! Oh those words are my “catnip”. I WANT IT!!!
Krista: OMG! YOU HAVE TO START THIS BOOK!!! The mystery is consuming me! I’m only half way and my mind is drafting to a millions thoughts of WHAT THE H*#L HAPPENED!!! She has amnesia because “something” happened – and you learn why she’s the way she is and what happened as she learns… and the Hero…. squeee! He’s a jerk, than a sweetheart, than an ass$&%#, than swoon-worthy, than…. you just have to read this book. I suggest to Go in Blind!! Avoid all spoilers!
- Hot and Heavy (Chubby Girl Chronicles Book 2) by Tabatha Vargo <— LIVE!!! SHE’S OKAY WITH JUST A FLING… “...Matthew Ellis swears he will never get caught in the tangled web of a woman. After a devastating heartbreak, he’s determined to die a bachelor. When he meets Shannon, a chubby redhead with a firecracker personality, he decides to add her to his list of conquests. The good news is she’s okay with a hot and heavy fling. The bad news is, for the first time since he was a teenager, being caught doesn’t seem that unappealing...”
- Unexpected Claim by Alexa Riley <— LIVE!! ALEXA RILEY ALERT!! “Shep’s been totally okay with living his quiet life alone. But his best friend thinks it’s time he changed that. Being dragged into a club wasn’t his idea of fun, but one glance at the snowy angel and he’s done for...”
- My Week with the Bad Boy by Brooke Cumberland, Lyra Parish, Kennedy Fox <— LIVE!!! SHE WRITES ABOUT BAD BOYS LIKE HIM... “...Writing romance novels comes with its perks–traveling, meeting new people, creating characters from the voices in my head–but Ethan Rochester enters my life and rearranges all my preconceived notions about writing what inspires you. One week is all it took. One week to realize that not everything is as it seems. One week with the bad boy, and I wanted more.”
- Juniper Unraveling by Keri Lake <— KERI LAKE’S RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK!!!! Jean LOVED IT!
Jean: Just have to say, I just read Juniper Unraveling and loved it!
- The Fortunate Ones by R.S. Grey <— R.S. GREY’S LATEST IS LIVE! SHE BARTENDS AT A COUNTRY CLUB… and she has a crush on HIM. “...He’s my silver lining in a custom black suit. Besides being a legacy member at the club, he’s a tech mogul and Austin’s most eligible bachelor. Oh, and those dimples? Yeah, they make my stomach dip too. On good days, I catch his sleek Porsche winding down the tree-lined drive. On better days, I steal a glimpse of his handsome profile as we pass in the hall. And on the absolute best day, I find him alone at the bar, looking for company…”
- White Wolf (Sons of Rome Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— FEEDBACK ON LAUREN GILLEY’S LATEST!! Jan is enjoying it!!
Jan: I’m currently 1/4 into Lauren Gilley’s White Wolf and I’m officially hooked. Really liking it! Vampires, werewolves…… action…. adventure…. woo hoo!
- Thirty Day Boyfriend by Whitney G <— WHITNEY G’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! FAKE ENGAGEMENT ALERT! And it’s super-bargain priced!! “...Thirty days ago, my boss–Mr. Wolf of Wall Street, came to me with an offer I couldn’t refuse: Sign my name on the dotted line and pretend to be his fiancée for one month. If I agreed, he would let me out of my employment contract with a “very generous” severance package. The rules were pretty simple...”
- Marlowe’s Maverick (Bad Boys of Hockey Romance Trilogy Book 2) by Rachelle Vaughn <— LIVE!! HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!!
- Hard to Find (Small Town Sexy) by Morgan Young <—- LIVE!!! SHE IS SO INTO HIM!! “...when Isaac, an incredibly sexy grad student, tosses out an unruly patron in her bar, Phoebe finds herself a bit distracted by his piercing blue eyes and bulging muscles. His shyness that doesn’t seem to extend into the bedroom…“
- PAWN (Mr. Rook’s Island Book 2) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!!! MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF ALERT!!! “From New York Times Bestseller, Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Comes Part Two of Mr. Rook’s Island, a Sexy, Dark, Romantic Suspense.” <— I won’t read the blurb ’cause I think this one needs to be read in order… so… by the way:
- MR. ROOK (Mr. Rook’s Island Book 1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— MIMI JEAN PAMFILOFF SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! This is the one to start with. 😀
- A Cowboy’s Christmas (The McGavin Brothers Book 6) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— LIVE!!!
- A Charm of Finches (Venery Book 2) by Suanne Laqueur <— SUANNE LAQUEUR M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!! LIVE!!!! So far I’ve loved everything she has ever written. And I MEAN LOVED!!
Leslie: JUST GOT IT…I’M SO HAPPY I COULD PASS OUT!!!
Christine: I love EVERYTHING she writes. I’m less than 10% in and it’s fabulous
- An Exaltation of Larks (Venery Book 1) by Suanne Laqueur <— SUANNE LAQUEUR ANGSTY ROMANCE!!!! BTW… HERE’S BOOK #1 WHICH I 5-STAR LOVED!!! AND!!! It’s super-bargain priced. And here’s my review.
- Clutch by S.M. West <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!! “…barely a day on the road, I almost crash and burn. Running into Silas Palmer, a sexy-as-sin rock star, changes my life. Silas makes me feel … Exceptional. Aimless. He’s always known his course. And even now, when he’s abandoning fame and fortune, he knows what he wants. Me. But life is never that simple…”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Book 1 by J.K. Rowling <— KOOLOO LOVES this series!! Especially in audiobook format!
Kooloo: I am a BIG Harry Potter fan like Huge!!! Whenever I needed a break from studying or just from life HP Is my go-to… it’s like therapy.From J K Rowling’s awe-inspiring talent to her mind-blowing books and the best EVER Audiobook series by the genius award winning narrator, Jim Dale… man those Audiobooks were the only thing that helped me sleep when my dad got cancer and I dropped out of Med school to take care of him (NOT because they were boring lol BUT because Jim Dale’s vocal talent transports the listener to another reality)
If you have not invested (they are $$$) in the HP Audiobooks narrated by Jim Dale DO IT and DO IT NOW. Do it for yourself or for your kids but just do it!!!
- Complicated by Kristen Ashley – November 7th 2017
- Dirty Filthy Fix: A Fixed Trilogy Novella by Laurelin Paige – November 7th 2017
- The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – November 7th 2017
- Michael’s Wings (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz – November 7th 2017
- Hooking Up by Helena Hunting – November 7th 2017
- Untitled (A Southern Eclectic Novel Book 1) by Molly Harper – November 7th 2017
- Jacob’s Ladder: Gabe by Katie Ashley – November 7th 2017
- Annihilation (The Mystic Series Book 8) by B.C. Burgess – November 9th 2017
- The Outliers: (The Outskirts Duet Book 2) by T.M. Frazier – November 9th 2017