HAPPY FRIDAY & HAPPY READING WEEKEND!! There’s a bit of a Vegas theme going on, on today’s Friday List.
I still haven’t chosen my weekend read (have you?), but since I’ve been on a great romance streak lately, I think I’m going to switch it up for the weekend. Maybe that psych-thriller down below. Or maybe Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King since that’s all the rage right now with the new TV series. Or maybe Steadfast by Sarina Bowen (also down below).
My heart needs something gritty but sweet, and that sounds like exactly it. 😉 Hmmm… decisions, decisions.
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- I Do(n’t) by Leddy Harper <— LIVE!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND IN VEGAS ALERT!!! This sounds hilariously awesome! She’s always had a crush on her brother’s best friend since childhood… and then OH OH. “…However, one night in Vegas changed everything. I woke up to more than just a fantasy of my brother’s best friend. Five years later, I’m standing on his doorstep confronting him about the secret he kept from me...”
- Absinthe by Winter Renshaw <— LIVE!! THEY’D HAVE STEAMY LATE NIGHT CHATS. And then…. ooooh sounds forbiddeny because… “We’d never met. Until the day she walked into my office, her cherry lips wrapped around a candy apple sucker and an all too familiar voice that said, “You wanted to see me, Principal Hawthorne?”
- The Only One (Sweetbriar Cove Book 3) by Melody Grace <— LIVE!!!
- Make Me Forget (The Walker Brothers Book 4) by Amanda Adams <— LIVE!!!
- Shane’s Truth by V.F. Mason <— LIVE!!!
- Served (Breaking Free Book 3) by Maya Hughes <— LIVE!!!
- Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett <— LIVE!!! SAWYER BENNETT ALERT!! “…Looking for a long overdue adventure, Jorie takes a walk on the wild side and attends a masquerade event at The Wicked Horse Vegas. It’s exactly the escape she’s looking for, and even better, she can explore anonymously. Drawn to the man masked in black leather with the body of a god, Jorie finds the greatest pleasures of her life at the hands of a stranger...”
- Black Jewels Series by Anne Bishop <— DARK FANTASY series and Robyn is SQUEEING! And LOVING IT!!!
Robyn: Right now I’m reading The Black Jewels series by Anne Bishop. She wrote The Written in Red series, which is much beloved by lots of folks here. Anywho’s, why did I take so long to start this glorious series?? The writing is outstanding. I was sucked in with the first chapter. I can’t wait to read all the books to see what happens to this girl as she, grows into an adult. I just love it when I find a treasure trove of goodness!! SQUEEE!
- Worth the Fall (The McKinney Brothers, Book 1) by Claudia Connor <— ONE OF MY FAVORITES IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! It was like a soothing balm to my soul! Here’s my review. 😀
Lisa: Yes yes yes. Worth the Fall and the others in this series have been wonderful. Loved them.
Leslie: Ladies….Worth the Fall was good one!! …was sooooo swoony.
Julie o: Worth The Fall is one of my all time favorites. I love how he fits right in with the kids.
Kimberly: I also LOVED LOVED LOVED Claudia Conner’s “Worth the Fall.” I cried. It was beautiful. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
- What She Knew: A Novel by Gilly Macmillan <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I one-clicked it already, and it just reminds me to bring it back to the top of my TBR list. YAY ME!!! She’s newly divorced and her young son disappears while he’s with her… “…Rachel, already insecure after her recent divorce, feels herself coming undone. As hours and then days pass without a sign of Ben, everyone who knew him is called into question, from Rachel’s newly married ex-husband to her mother-of-the-year sister. Inevitably, media attention focuses on Rachel too, and the public’s attitude toward her begins to shift from sympathy to suspicion. As she desperately pieces together the threadbare clues, Rachel realizes that nothing is quite as she imagined it to be, not even her own judgment…”
- No Hesitations (The Fighter Series Book 5) by TC Matson <— LIVE!! FIGHTER BOOK ALERT! But it must be read only after book #4. P.S. Here’s the series reading order.
- Palm South University: Season 3 Box Set by Kandi Steiner <— KANDI STEINER SUPER-BARGAIN JUST WENT LIVE!!! “Follow Cassie, Bear, Jess, Skyler, Erin, Ashlei, and Adam as they tackle college at a small, private beach town university. Written in television drama form, each episode of this serial will pull you deeper and deeper into the world of PSU...”
- DOMINIC (Slater Brothers Book 1) by L.A. Casey <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Pia is LOVING it!
Pia: I’m currently reading Dominic by L A Casey. I have had it on my book shelf for three years, and I really don’t understand why it has taken me so long to start this book. I LOVE IT. I really love the bully part of the book, which kind of scares me, as I despise bullies. But these kind of books are new to me, and I would love som recommendations for other great bully books – please
- Steadfast (True North Book 2) by Sarina Bowen <— SARINA BOWEN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! OH MY this sounds PERFECT for us!!! He’s out of prison and he’s back in town… “Sophie Haines is stunned by his reappearance. After a three year absence, the man who killed her brother and broke her heart is suddenly everywhere she turns. It’s hard not to stare at how much he’s changed. The bad boy who used to love her didn’t have big biceps and sun-kissed hair. And he’d never volunteer in the church kitchen. No one wants to see Sophie and Jude back together, least of all Sophie’s police chief father...”
Lisa: Great series. Big big love for Bittersweet but Steadfast was even better IMO. I just love a fractured hero. …PS: Steadfast was wonderful. I just loved Jude…I knew I would.
- MAXWELL: Brothers Ink Tattoo (Brothers Ink Tattoo Series Book 2) by Nicole James <— LIVE!! SHE’S SHELTERED & INNOCENT & HE’S A PATIENT BAD BOY... but… “When an overprotective father with deep-rooted family traditions tries to come between them, she’ll have to make some hard choices. And she’ll have to be ready to face the consequences…”
- More Than Love (The Barrington Billionaires Book 5) by Ruth Cardello <— LIVE!!! HE’S A BILLIONAIRE BUT TRYING TO SEEM LIKE JUST A REGULAR GUY ALERT!! AND SHE MEETS HIM…“…Giving in to one naughty, incredibly hot romp with a financially challenged stranger actually makes her feel better until she takes a pregnancy test. To help his family, he’ll need to be the man she makes him feel like he can be...”
- Roughing by Jillian Quinn <— LIVE!! FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! “...Tori Reynolds hates football. But she hates Bash even more. After a not-so-chance encounter at a game, Bash has another shot with the girl who got away. While Bash might be a different person than before, Tori is hesitant to let him back into her life...”
- The VIP Trilogy by M. Robinson <— KINDLE COUNTDOWN EBOOK DEAL ALERT!!! The entire M. Robinson VIP Trilogy, bundled & super-bargain priced! “...Everything went to hell in hand basket the moment we laid eyes on each other. I wanted him. He wanted me…“
- Coming Off the Bench: A Sports Romance by Autumn Avery <— LIVE!!
- The Room Mate (Roommates Book 1) by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! HER BROTHER’S BEST NERDY FRIEND IS NOW HER ROOM MATE.. And hot. 😉 “…we get drunk and he confesses his biggest secret of all: he’s cursed when it comes to sex. Apparently he’s a god in bed, and women instantly fall in love with him. I’m calling bullsh!t. In fact, I’m going to prove him wrong…“
- The Long and Winding Road (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles Book 4) by T.J. Klune <— LIVE!!!!!!! T.J. KLUNE M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! And this is one of our FAVORITE M/M authors and I went CRAZY for this series. I had NO CLUE this was coming out today. :D!!!! P.S. Here’s the ➔ TJ Klune – Bear, Otter and the Kid Chronicles Series Reading Order AND!! Here are my reviews of book #1 ➔ Book Review – Bear, Otter, and the Kid and #2 ➔ Book Review – Who We Are.
- Elusive (Shipwreck Book 1) by L.A. Fiore <— L.A. FIORE MODERN DAY PIRATE ALERT!! This was a recent release but just got new cover and is super-bargain priced right now. Thank you Nancy!! 😀
- Montana SEAL Daddy (Brotherhood Protectors Book 7) by Elle James <— LIVE!!! SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH A NAVY SEAL WHILE ON VACATION (and then… oooooooops!!!) “While on vacation in Cozumel, Daphne Miller fell in love with a handsome SEAL. On the verge of committing her heart and life to him, she becomes the unwitting witness to murder. Forced into witness protection, she doesn’t realize she’s pregnant, the product of the hot fling with the sexy SEAL. A year later, still pining for what could have been, with a baby girl to protect, Daphne’s safe house is compromised...”
Sherry: Ooooooh sounds good!
Maryse: HECK YES IT DOES!! 😛
- The Girl Who Dared to Think by Bella Forrest <— LIVE!! BELLA FORREST DYSTOPIAN ALERT!!! OH THIS SOUNDS AWESOME!!! HER THOUGHTS ARE ALWAYS MONITORED… “Twenty-year-old Liana Castell must be careful what she thinks. Her life is defined by the number on her wristband – a rating out of ten awarded based on her usefulness and loyalty to the Tower, and monitored by a device in her skull. A device that reports forbidden thoughts. Liana is currently a four, the lowest possible acceptable score, and despite her parents’ perfect scores of ten, she struggles to increase it...”
Amy: Just one-clicked. I’m starting it today!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Soul Mate by Kendall Ryan – August 14th 2017
- Seeing Red by Sandra Brown – August 15th 2017
- Swept Into Love: Gage Ryder (Love in Bloom: The Ryders Book 5) by Melissa Foster – August 16th 2017
- After the Game (Field Party Book 3) by Abbi Glines – August 22nd 2017
- The Beauty of Us: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby – August 22nd 2017
- Keep Her Safe: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – August 22nd 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).