<— BUDDY-READ ALERT!!!!!!! OH YES! We are totally DOING IT AS WE SPEAK!!! When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann Okay so admittedly, THIS ONE is the star of MY show today. It’s a recent release from THIS week’s main list, was on my blurb-jolt list, and after THESE crazy reactions, I totally squirreled from what I had just started, and jumped right in to THIS one!
And my reading buddies are reading it with me!! *squeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeee!!!* *squeeeeeeee US!!!!* Join our buddy read, my friends!!!! 😀 The more, the merrier!
D.G. FIVE POINT FIVE FREAKING FANTASTIC STARS!!!!!!! Seriously you guys…just stop whatever you are reading and read When Life Happened! Book hangover…just want to sit here and absorb it all. **wiggles the CATNIP around in the air**
Maryse: DARNNNNNNNNNIT D.G.!!!!! I WANNA READ IT and I just started something else that is sooooo good, too. GAHHHHHHHH!!!!
Kandace: I five starred When Life Happens. It was so good. I was up all night madly flipping the pages. I honestly didn’t think I would like it because the blurb had so much of everything I hate to read. There were some big twists that had my heart all pumpy and nervous. I ended up loving everyone. I was an emotional journey.
Marina: OMG… When Love Happened, ummmmmmmm, I agree D.G. with the ?!@*!? I cannot even right now. I don’t want to say a word, but I agree 100% with what you said. HOLY S*** BALLS. I desperately need to pack for a trip and cannot separate from this book. I LOVE Jewel E Ann’s books. The emotions in her books are a rollercoaster of EVERY emotion. 5 agonizing stars for sure right now…
Ela: D.G. Does it have a cliffy? Will it bring me out of my book slump? Yes bev, IM IN A MAJOR BOOK SLUMP! Usually PNR gets me out but I’m just not feeling anything!
D.G. Ela – does not feel cliffy but only 3/4 of the way in…it is definitely feeling like a 5 star read at this time. I love a good soulmate…meant to be…kinda book. BUT this book is not necessarily that…had me thinking about it all night…the whys were all over the place…and FOR THE FIRST EVER in a book, I have FALLEN for a second time!!! How’s that for some CATNIP?!??
Amy: *grabs catnip from DG* *tosses catnip in the air and twirls around in it*
Jean: Yeah, I think I need that one too now!
LET’S READ!!! 😀 But!!! If you’re in the mood for something else OR if you’ve already read it…
Take a look at what else we found for the weekend!!
- When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann <— FORBIDDEN-ANGSTY – AND DELIGHTFULLY FREAKING MY FELLOW READERS OUT!!! OUR CURRENT BUDDY READ ALERT!!!
- Hearts on Air by L.H. Cosway <— LIVE!!!! LATEST L.H. COSWAY BOOK IS LIVE!! HE BROKE HER HEART to become famous… “…He has a plan to get her back for good. However, with a hectic filming schedule looming, the only way to do that is to convince her to come on the road with him. Reya has been stuck in a rut for a while, and the opportunity to travel across Europe and play her music for new audiences seems like heaven. The only catch? She has to do it with the one boy who ever got close enough to break her heart….”
- Can’t Buy Me Love (Butler, Vermont Series Book 2) by Marie Force <— MARIE FORCE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!
- Damaged Goods: The Redemption Series by L. Wilder <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS UP FOR BID & HE SAVED HER BY BUYING HER FREEDOM... “...I should be happy that he came to my rescue, saving me from my worst nightmare, but I’ve just exchanged one hell for another. He was the highest bidder, and now he thinks he owns me. He gave me my freedom. He gave me a second chance that I thought was stolen from me. He’s given me everything, except the one thing I truly want–his heart….”
- Way Down Deep by by Cara McKenna and Charlotte Stein <— RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK ALERT!! OMG SUCH UNIQUE STORYTELLERS/SUPER-SEXY ROMANCE POWERHOUSE DUO ALERT!!! I LOVE BOTH OF THESE AUTHORS!!! They text and develop a relationship but have never met… P.S. Jennifer is suffering a book hangover as we speak! 😉
Lori: Cara McKenna AND Charlotte Stein? I’d one click either but together i couldn’t click this fast enough – mine!!
Maryse: MINE TOOOOOOO!!! So excited. And I love that we love those two authors… and for the same reason. There’s just something about them. 😀
Lori: I’ll be slowwww reading I just know it
Jennifer: I just finished Way Down Deep by Cara McKenna and I blame you for my severe book hangover! I learned about this book on either Early Release Monday or New Release Tuesday. I have never read a book like this and dangit if the ending wasn’t *spoilery alert*! *spoilery spoilery spoilery alert* 😉 Did you read it? I’m so curious to hear your thoughts. I’m seriously thinking about starting it again tonight and I just finished it last night.
- Ryder (Knights Corruption MC Series Book 5) by S. Nelson <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! SHE’S HAPPY AS SHE IS… BUT… “…Braylen Prescott lives a charmed life. She’s happy. Content. Then in the blink of an eye, her world changes when a gorgeous biker captures her interest. He’s blunt. He’s crass. He renders her speechless. But is the imminent danger surrounding him worth losing everything?“
- Fury by Cat Porter <— LIVE!!! CAT PORTER’S LATEST ALERT!! And boy did I get a bunch of recommendations for this one! From my closest reading buddies, even. Those that LOVE what I love, and I LOVE what THEY love!!!! :D!!!!
Ellen: Let your followers know about Fury by Cat Porter! Released May 31 and it was an EPIC, 5 star read for me!! It’s a spin-off of the amazing Lock & Key MC series but stands on its own. Highly recommend
Kandace: Maryse – Fury by Cat Porter was also recently release. A bunch of us love her series. …was really good too. I love her books.
Lori: Yesss love Cat Porter!
- Where I End by Michelle Dare <— LIVE!!! HE WAS ALWAYS SO CRUEL ALERT!! “…Pretentious. Arrogant. Condescending. Cruel. All words I’d used to label him. Exactly what I’d always believed he was. All that changed one spring morning when I realized I didn’t know the man behind the facade at all…“
- Riven by Lissa Del <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! SHE’S FALLING FOR HIM BUT SOMEONE WARNS HER TO WALK AWAY… “…As her feelings for Leo grow stronger, however, so does her suspicion that all is not as it appears with the man she is falling for. Determined to uncover the truth, Sarah begins to investigate Leo’s murky past, only to discover a house in the suburbs and a stunningly sophisticated redhead who implores Sarah to walk away…“
- A Life Less Beautiful by Elle Brooks <— LIVE!!!
- Kinky Briefs, Too by Seelie Kay <— LIVE!! LEGAL KINKY FUN ALERT!! “Boredom begets fantasy in this kinky romp through the legal world, when a young lawyer toiling away in the backroom of a law firm begins to spin steamy scenarios about lawyers in love, pushy Dominant judges, and those who serve them…”
- We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh<— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Tasha found us this one!!
Tasha: We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh is on sale…. Same author as The Language of Flowers: A Novel, which I loved. My aunt rec’d both to me a while ago and I trust her taste completely, so one-click for me!
- The Deep End: The Honey Series by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY RECENT RELEASE SUPER-BARGAIN!!!!
Janet: Maryse – I know you think you’re not going to like KA’s new one because its about a Dominatrix but I DARE you to read it, and tell me you didn’t love it! The characters were just so likeable and somehow she turns subject-matter that seems often seems hard to relate to, and over-the-top, into a big love story with kink.
Robyn: You need to read KA’S Honey series girl! I loved the first book. Yes, the h is a Dom, but what she did to the H in that naughty room at the club…..oh boy. Let’s just say it got my attention. The book was not really about the club and sex, it was more about their developing relationship and life. We meet the next H and h, Branch and Evangaline, in the first book and I’m excited to read their story!
- Sexy Summer Reads: A Bestselling Box Set by J. Sterling <— J.STERLING BUNDLE ALERT!!! Every one in here is a standalone! “Grab all 4 titles for the price of 1 before it disappears forever! This Box Set is only available for a limited time. Grab it while you can!“
- Sinners of Saint Series by by L.J. Shen <— BAD BOY/BULLY SERIES!!! D.G. HIGHLY RECOMMENDS it!!!
D.G. Hello!!!!! *jumping around and waving* Just got to say that I have fallen for the Sinners of Saint boys. Vicious and Dean are two of my favorite bad boys. Vicious such a total bully. Dean, poor Dean not the best communicator at times. But I just loved the way he loved her! I can’t wait to read Trent’s story….
- Traitor by Alyson Santos <— LIVE!!! DYSTOPIAN ALERT!!! Nancy found it!!
Nancy: TRAITOR BY ALYSON SANTOS IS A NEW RELEASE!! If you are looking for something really different then this Dystopian is for you. I became a fan of Alyson Santos ever since reading Night Shifts Black.
They may be refugees but Andie Sorenson never chose to flee when government forces abduct her to the “safety” of a military-operated compound. It’s his eyes, his heart, his beautiful soul drowning in an ocean of secrets. Lance Corporal Kaleb Novelli is an enigma, but with each plunge through another layer, Andie finds herself captured in a way she never imagined. She knows they have no future. But they’ve found their paradise in hell, and she can’t shake the feeling that Kaleb Novelli is not just a player. He’s the game.
- Time To Learn (Believe Book 3) by Karen Ferry <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED NEW RELEASE & Nancy found us this one, too!
Nancy: TIME TO LEARN (BELIEVE BOOK 3) BY KAREN FERRY is a BRAND NEW RELEASE …Kindleunlimited, too! Takes place in Scotland & like the blurb.
While this is book #3 in The Believe Series, it can be read as a standalone novel. Includes a hot-as-sin tattoo artist, a stubborn Scottish woman, horses, and lots of swoon-worthy moments. You have been warned.
PLUS!!! AN ENTIRE “KINDLE WORLDS” SERIES from various favorite authors!! Kendall Ryan’s Imperfect Love SERIES by by Mandi Beck, Cora Kenborn, Natasha Madison, Adriana Locke, Magan Vernon, Kim Karr, Kelly Elliott, T Gephart. “Imperfect Love features strong alpha heroes who get knocked sideways when they suddenly begin noticing the heroine in a whole new light. Sexy, sweet, and laugh-out-loud funny, the Imperfect Love series is all about exploring romance tropes like friends to lovers, fake fiance, arranged marriage, surprise pregnancy, budding office romances, and more…”
- Imperfect Love: Twisted (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Mandi Beck
- Imperfect Love: Unsupervised (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Cora Kenborn
- Imperfect Love: Cheeky (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Natasha Madison
- Imperfect Love: Battle of the Sexes (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Adriana Locke
- Imperfect Love: FAMED (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Magan Vernon
- Imperfect Love: Tied (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Kim Karr
- Imperfect Love: The Run In (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Kelly Elliott
- Imperfect Love: One-Night Stand-In (Kindle Worlds Novella) by T Gephart
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Black Rainbow by J.J. McAvoy <— Ashley recommends it! Ashley: “I listened to Black Rainbow by J.J. McAvoy today and I really enjoyed it, I think it would be a great book to get you out of a slump! I absolutely loved the heroine in it and the chemistry between the two leads is great.”
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- My Roommate’s Girl by Juliana Keyes – June 12th 2017
- The Story of Us by Tara Sivec – June 13th 2017
- MR. ROOK (Mr. Rook’s Island Book 1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff – June 13th 2017
- Dangerous Rush (Furious Rush Book 2) by S.C. Stephens – June 13th 2017
- Hard Stick: A Breakaway Novel by L.P. Dover – June 13th 2017
- All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road Book 2) by Megan Hart – June 13th 2017
- Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity) by Nalini Singh – June 13th 2017
- Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack Series) by Suzanne Wright – June 13th 2017
- The Ultimatum: A Thriller (The Guardian Book 1) by Karen Robards – June 13th 2017
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – June 13th 2017
- Too Close to Call: A Romancing the Clarksons Novella by Tessa Bailey – June 13th 2017
- The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – June 13th 2017
- Royally Endowed (The Royally Series Book 3) by Emma Chase – June 15th 2017
- All I Am: Drew’s Story (A This Man Novella) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – June 18th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Is it me???!!!
Yassssssssssssss!!! Maryse don’t forget Sugar & Gold releases Tuesday too! 😀
You guys are killing me with When Life Happened! I need more hours in the day!! Gah this list. *Will not lift one-click finger*
I am not reading When Life Happened but I know spoilers and I am enjoying everyone’s reaction…I am cruel like that!
You aren’t doing the BR? I thought you were?
I would love to start something new for weekend. I have two long books I’ve started (both are for challenges) but… I am feeling squirellly.
I want to read a really good, standalone, swoony CR that doesn’t have any stupid twists, OTT drama, or death. Maybe a good enemies to lovers story or forbiddeny type???? The only tears I want are happy ones at end of story.
*drums fingers on table while sipping coffee and pondering next read*
When Life Happened has been near perfection for me…funny as heck, twists, heartache/angst, and so much unknown. The rest of my work day today will be devoted to finishing it (pretending to hang head in shame)
Leslie – I think you should go read Plus One by Aleatha Romig…and then tell me how it is. It’s her lighter side and I’ve heard the characters (especially the grandma) are awesome!!!
*flips Lisa’s Kindle face down on her desk*
NO! If I don’t get to read at work today then neither do you!! Y’all are gettin’ ahead of me and it’s not fair…
I’m slow with you Amy!!!! 😀
*joins Lisa in reading at work* *sticks out tongue at Amy*
THANK you, Maryse. Now I don’t feel so alone in trailing behind that naughty, speed-reading pack. 😉
*flicks Ela’s tongue*
I think the release date for Royally Endowed by Emma Chase has changed because now Amazon and Goodreads is saying August 14th. 🙁
Lisa, you are brilliant! I will read that one and let you know how it is.
Amy, you are HILARIOUS. I remember back in my lurking days that you & Bev always had me ROFL.
R, I am not doing BR as last few I tried by that author didn’t work for me. ☹ But…. I did find major spoilers and I am having fun with them!!
OK…so I think I have hit my limit for the week…maybe month. Two books back to back that I consider 5 stars…yep. I am done. The next new book I read will probably suck and make me wish I had not wasted time or a one-click on it.
lol DG, maybe it’ll be a 3’s a charm and you’ll get three in a row! 😀
Finally started White Hot. Few things make me as happy as an Ilona Andrews book.
I can only hope Tessa. Crossing fingers and toes…LOL.
Leslie, I always forget it is not us just chatting but others are” listening”.
Happy Friday! Also loving When Life Happened! Awesome book!!
Bev, it is sort of weird….because I felt like I knew you guys looooong before I came out of hiding.
More weird that we know what Maryse looks like, sounds like, etc. and she has no idea what most of us look like. Maybe we need to facetime/ooVoo sometime!!! That would be a total hoot.
Ladies, I one clicked this as soon as I saw Maryse placed The list. It was absolutely awesome. I have never read any other books from this author. I want to get it in paperback too. I would highly recommend and will most definitely reread it
Crazy busy… Daughter’s dance recital this weekend. Will check back in when I can… Miss you guys!
I just finished When Life Happened. WOW…..I’m left speechless. I don’t even know what to say. THIS BOOK!! This will definitely be my best read for a long time coming. I don’t foresee anything topping this! My heart will never be the same. Jewel E. Ann, you have a gift, thank you for sharing it with us.
You have to check out Lover by Marni Mann and Gia Riley. It’s going to be angsty and I’m only 19% in.
OMG tell me it isn’t so. I was tinkering with Amazon lend and pulled up After I Do and it had a new cover!!!! This is madness!!!
Um trying to remember. I think I sometimes read the comments before I started commenting, but not enough to know anyone. I think it was mostly on reviews to get the overall consensus.
On other blogs I’m a semi (mostly) lurker. I have started to recognize some of the commenters.
I should go back and see what all you guys used to chat about.
Awwww Leslie, I’m glad you finally came out of lurking and started chatting with us!! 😀
bev…it was the same ridiculous but fun stuff we chat about now. 😛 At least I think so…
R…yep, they changed ’em again and I do NOT like the new covers. I turned off automatic updates to stop Amazon from changing the covers in my Kindle library as the cover of Big Little Lies changing to reflect the mini series was the last straw for me. Fortunately, because I turned off auto updates I still have the original covers for the two TJR books!
They’re still the old ones on my kindle in the library, but when I click on the cover in the book, it shows the original from long ago. Really weird.
Actually, they were changed to the second edition covers but I liked those so it was okay. 😉
Sharon…I clicked that one a couple of days ago. It looks like all kinds of angsty fun!!!
Hmmmmm…I’ll have to check mine out and see if it does the same thing.
I noticed that last weekt, Robin. I wondered how you’d feel about it. LOTS of authors have been changing their covers the past few months.
Count me in as another who loved When Life Happened. Such a well-written, awesome book!!
Sharon–Oooh, I love to hear that! I wanted to start Lover yesterday, but I had to finish WLH, so I’m starting it NOW!! It’s really weird because I hate what the book is about, but I love the angst that comes from where the plot will go! à la The Ground Rules–loved those too! Bring on the angst!!
Aw geez, I’m just as confused and twisted up as Parker right now…
Amy–how far are you?
Maryse–how far are you?
Nay, I’m halfway through.
And scratching my head wondering where things are going to go now. 😕 I have an inkling though…
Date night with hubby and I’m having a pear martini (or three)…pear vodka, pear purée, and white wine.
Holy moly. These are gonna do me in. 😛
Yumm have fun! I love me some pear martinis!
I’ve been on a 5 star binge too! The Queen & the Cure, Dartmoor #6, both 5 stars! Now I’m reading A Strange Hymn.
So a cheater book is the 5 star book buddy read? Can’t wait to hear about that!
WHAT WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT???? WHAT WHAT WHAT WHATTTTTT??? *ahem* I’m at something-% in the book and… and WHAAAAAAATTTTTTT???
Yeah Maryse, that was me when I hit that part earlier. I did NOT see that coming.
Ground, meet my a$$.
But the whole thing with Piper and Caleb and what everyone expects her to do for them…grrrrrrrrr. They’re all a$$holes.
Maryse, I didn’t even read the book and I went “thud” on floor from spoilers!!! I have been anxiously awaiting you & Amy’s reaction. Can’t wait to see how you will write a spoiler-free review.
I just would have liked for things to be more thoroughly developed before THAT happened so I could fully feel the effect of it.
But even so, it was still a *BA-BAM!* moment. 😉
Mmm. I wouldn’t mind trying a pear martini. Sounds nice.
I just passed “that point” in When Life Happened……totally threw me for a loop! Did not see it coming at all! Already a 5 star read for me!
Everyone freaking out about a book.
Except Jan in the corner daydreaming about a martini.
I’m with Jan! I’m dying to read it too! Maybe in October. Le sigh.
Ok, crazy week and not a lot of time for reading and I just caught up on comments and Maryse’s posts. So many new releases to choose from.
Ok, I think I may hop on the WLH BR. Fingers crossed it’s not a death at the end book!
Not sure what you want to try, R. the martini or the book?? Do you have to wait till October for the martini??? I might have it in June, I think. LOL.
Amy, I’m with you working. 6 days straight. Then proof reading Uni essays, cooking cleaning. Really finding it hard to read. I’m going to read it next. Maybe start tonight.
i’d like to try that pear Martini too.
How lucky are you Michelle mulitple 5 star reads. The best.
Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata is now LIVE!!!!! I know what I’m doing today!!! (All of the squeeeees!!!!!!!)
Martini now, Jan. Book in October LOL! OK maybe not*now* it’s 7am here… give me an hour.
Yes, Ashley!! I’m gonna have to start that one now! I only have a handful of things to do today, so maybe I’ll really get somewhere this time. <- Lol, I know this is a lie, but I'll continue this mantra over and over till I succeed. Maybe September will be my month…
So I guess everyone has hit THAT part were I was all like….Started reading “When Life Happens”…. UGHHHHHHHHH! #%%?!@@@?! Not sure whether I want to cry…be pissed and shelf it…or push forward!’ I mean seriously…don’t get me all invested and then drop this bomb…UGHHHHH!
I’m in the middle of my June theme book and enjoying it, but that MZ sounds too good.
“The whole damn room smelled like his cologne, which had to be the brand called ‘F*ck Me, Parker.’”
*snicker* I’ve smelled a cologne or two like that over the years. Just insert my name for Parker’s. 😛
OMG…the whole dog rape and “slut mutt” scene with Rags and the other dog at the rest stop is killing me. LOL!!!!
Dear Aaron. YES!!!!! IM TOO EXCITED!!!
I’ll come back when I’ve calmed down (it may be a while) *waves*
And I’m still avoiding When Life Happened…
Amy! So many “moments”! Loving this book and almost done but at a stupid baby shower! Grrr….
AMY– wasn’t that hilarious!! There were so many moments like that in the book!
I’m only at 9% so far, 485 pages and I’ve had to stop a lot. 🙁 I’m gonna have to come back to it again soon, but I don’t wanna leave it! Typical slow burn so far, love it! It’s all letters right now. I don’t even know what they look like and I don’t mind, it’s fun getting to know them this way and them developing this friendship. And I like that the heroine is so different. Her job is pretty cool and her interests a little nerdy. 🙂 There’s a new sport introduced, and I love that she always ties that in somehow.
Tasha…don’t you just love Mariana Zapata’s books! I mean seriously…she is queen of the slow burn!
Ok so I made myself finish KA’s The Deep End and then went ahead and read The Farthest Edge. Bad thing is I love KA’s books…I love her characters…however, I just had to skip over a lot of the scenes to get to the meat of the relationship with the couples. Yeah…just don’t know what to really say about this set….
Tasha, that makes me want to read it all the more. Jumping in in a few hours.
Jean, lol. Enjoy the cake. Plus, at some point you get to meet a baby. Now they smell good all nuzzled in your neck And the chubby cheeks and star fish hands. Then they get fussy and you can hand them back to pick up your book. 😉
Completely off topic but remember when we made a summer playlist? Can we make a Monday morning one? This next week is going to be super busy at work.
Ease in gently: In My Own Mind by Lyle Lovett.
Dance into It: Say Hey (I Love You) by Michael Franti & Spearhead
Everyone Needs to Step Back: Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones
Motivation to Do Your Best: My Shot (Featuring Busta Rhymes, Joell Ortiz, Nate Reuss) by The Roots.
Busta Rhymes part gives me chills.
Bev, how about:
I Don’t Like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats!
For me: “On the road again” is my Monday song. Driving to Houston.
Just finished Dear Aaron! Oh my goodness!!!! So good!! Her books always make me smile and I do love the slow burn. It made my day when I went on amazon to see if it was available for preorder and found out it was live! *happy dance* 🙂
Manic Monday by The Bangles
Minday, Monday by The Mamas and The Papas.
For an actual list from your mood choices, it’s gonna take me a few to figure it out.
Ease in gently: Issues by Julia Michaels
Dance into It: When You Were Young by The Killers
Everyone Needs to Step Back: Attack by 30 Second to Mars
Motivation to Do Your Best: Lose Yourself by Eminem
Gahhhhhh!!!!! 30STM is my all time favorite band and I had to give away tickets to last night’s concert because of my editing deadline. I’m so crushed!!!!!!!!!!! There is NOTHING like seeing Attack live. The crowd knows every word and Jared just let’s em run with it. For a huge chunk of the song. And on the songs from This is War, the audience fills in on all the background vocals. So freaking cool. *bangs head on desk*
Willie is the best every day.
Been totally sucked into reading Dear Aaron for the last few hours. Now some fresh air. But MichelleS. …look fairy pools. Gah. I want.
Tessa, in a book I just read the hero asked the heroine what she was doing telling all to reporters.
She: I 8miled it. Lol.
lol That’s awesome.
Robyn, I’m sorry. That one REALLY sucks. My biggest problem is finding someone who likes the same music as me who isn’t in S. California. I keep staring at the tickets, thinking, “Can I get so and so up here to go for a night?” Seriously, lawn tickets are only 33 dollars! GAH. But that’s not a place I’d want to go alone. What’s your favorite 30 Second Mars song? Mine is The Kill, followed by The Hurricane (Without Kanye).
Oooh, for joining Kindle Scout, I got a coupon for fifty percent off a Kindle Select book. 😀 I got one I wanted, Dracula Princess, for 99 cents. 😀
That is an impossible question to answer for me, because with them, if you like one, you probably like them all. On the first album I loved Oblivion, Modern Myth from A Beautiful Lie, def Hurricane, but really the entire This is War album should be listened to from beginning to end in its entirety. Honestly, I haven’t listened to LLF&D that much, so I don’t have a fave there. IDK why either.
I’ve seen them a few times around Texas, then took my hubs and 12 yr old daughter (at the time) to Vegas to see them on NYE. OMG big mistake. It was during the TIW tour and NOT APPROPRIATE, especially in Vegas. Let’s just say there were twins…
HAHAHA No, the ones I’m thinking about are grown adults. I think my sister in law would love it the most, or my brother, her husband. They are both big Muse fans.
I think all my favs have more to do with the composition being something that catches me. It has to sound emotional too. 😀 Those two hit that perfectly.
I’m looking forward to starting Dear Aaron too, but I’ve got a couple of reads I want to finish first. There’s already been a grumpy negative review on GR today, but I’m ignoring that. I love Mariana Zapata and I’m going to see for myself with a totally open mind. The slow burn isn’t for everyone, but I like it.
My roommates girl just landed. These new books are throwing off my tbr.