<— BUDDY-READ ALERT!!!!!!! OH YES! We are totally DOING IT AS WE SPEAK!!! When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann Okay so admittedly, THIS ONE is the star of MY show today. It’s a recent release from THIS week’s main list, was on my blurb-jolt list, and after THESE crazy reactions, I totally squirreled from what I had just started, and jumped right in to THIS one!
And my reading buddies are reading it with me!! *squeeeeeee meeeeeeeeeee!!!* *squeeeeeeee US!!!!* Join our buddy read, my friends!!!! 😀 The more, the merrier!
D.G. FIVE POINT FIVE FREAKING FANTASTIC STARS!!!!!!! Seriously you guys…just stop whatever you are reading and read When Life Happened! Book hangover…just want to sit here and absorb it all. **wiggles the CATNIP around in the air**
Maryse: DARNNNNNNNNNIT D.G.!!!!! I WANNA READ IT and I just started something else that is sooooo good, too. GAHHHHHHHH!!!!
Kandace: I five starred When Life Happens. It was so good. I was up all night madly flipping the pages. I honestly didn’t think I would like it because the blurb had so much of everything I hate to read. There were some big twists that had my heart all pumpy and nervous. I ended up loving everyone. I was an emotional journey.
Marina: OMG… When Love Happened, ummmmmmmm, I agree D.G. with the ?!@*!? I cannot even right now. I don’t want to say a word, but I agree 100% with what you said. HOLY S*** BALLS. I desperately need to pack for a trip and cannot separate from this book. I LOVE Jewel E Ann’s books. The emotions in her books are a rollercoaster of EVERY emotion. 5 agonizing stars for sure right now…
Ela: D.G. Does it have a cliffy? Will it bring me out of my book slump? Yes bev, IM IN A MAJOR BOOK SLUMP! Usually PNR gets me out but I’m just not feeling anything!
D.G. Ela – does not feel cliffy but only 3/4 of the way in…it is definitely feeling like a 5 star read at this time. I love a good soulmate…meant to be…kinda book. BUT this book is not necessarily that…had me thinking about it all night…the whys were all over the place…and FOR THE FIRST EVER in a book, I have FALLEN for a second time!!! How’s that for some CATNIP?!??
Amy: *grabs catnip from DG* *tosses catnip in the air and twirls around in it*
Jean: Yeah, I think I need that one too now!
LET’S READ!!! 😀 But!!! If you’re in the mood for something else OR if you’ve already read it…
Take a look at what else we found for the weekend!!
- When Life Happened by Jewel E. Ann <— FORBIDDEN-ANGSTY – AND DELIGHTFULLY FREAKING MY FELLOW READERS OUT!!! OUR CURRENT BUDDY READ ALERT!!!
- Hearts on Air by L.H. Cosway <— LIVE!!!! LATEST L.H. COSWAY BOOK IS LIVE!! HE BROKE HER HEART to become famous… “…He has a plan to get her back for good. However, with a hectic filming schedule looming, the only way to do that is to convince her to come on the road with him. Reya has been stuck in a rut for a while, and the opportunity to travel across Europe and play her music for new audiences seems like heaven. The only catch? She has to do it with the one boy who ever got close enough to break her heart….”
- Can’t Buy Me Love (Butler, Vermont Series Book 2) by Marie Force <— MARIE FORCE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!
- Damaged Goods: The Redemption Series by L. Wilder <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS UP FOR BID & HE SAVED HER BY BUYING HER FREEDOM... “...I should be happy that he came to my rescue, saving me from my worst nightmare, but I’ve just exchanged one hell for another. He was the highest bidder, and now he thinks he owns me. He gave me my freedom. He gave me a second chance that I thought was stolen from me. He’s given me everything, except the one thing I truly want–his heart….”
- Way Down Deep by by Cara McKenna and Charlotte Stein <— RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK ALERT!! OMG SUCH UNIQUE STORYTELLERS/SUPER-SEXY ROMANCE POWERHOUSE DUO ALERT!!! I LOVE BOTH OF THESE AUTHORS!!! They text and develop a relationship but have never met… P.S. Jennifer is suffering a book hangover as we speak! 😉
Maryse: MINE TOOOOOOO!!! So excited. And I love that we love those two authors… and for the same reason. There’s just something about them. 😀
Lori: I’ll be slowwww reading I just know it
Jennifer: I just finished Way Down Deep by Cara McKenna and I blame you for my severe book hangover! I learned about this book on either Early Release Monday or New Release Tuesday. I have never read a book like this and dangit if the ending wasn’t *spoilery alert*! *spoilery spoilery spoilery alert* 😉 Did you read it? I’m so curious to hear your thoughts. I’m seriously thinking about starting it again tonight and I just finished it last night.
- Ryder (Knights Corruption MC Series Book 5) by S. Nelson <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! SHE’S HAPPY AS SHE IS… BUT… “…Braylen Prescott lives a charmed life. She’s happy. Content. Then in the blink of an eye, her world changes when a gorgeous biker captures her interest. He’s blunt. He’s crass. He renders her speechless. But is the imminent danger surrounding him worth losing everything?“
- Fury by Cat Porter <— LIVE!!! CAT PORTER’S LATEST ALERT!! And boy did I get a bunch of recommendations for this one! From my closest reading buddies, even. Those that LOVE what I love, and I LOVE what THEY love!!!! :D!!!!
Ellen: Let your followers know about Fury by Cat Porter! Released May 31 and it was an EPIC, 5 star read for me!! It’s a spin-off of the amazing Lock & Key MC series but stands on its own. Highly recommend
Kandace: Maryse – Fury by Cat Porter was also recently release. A bunch of us love her series. …was really good too. I love her books.
Lori: Yesss love Cat Porter!
- Where I End by Michelle Dare <— LIVE!!! HE WAS ALWAYS SO CRUEL ALERT!! “…Pretentious. Arrogant. Condescending. Cruel. All words I’d used to label him. Exactly what I’d always believed he was. All that changed one spring morning when I realized I didn’t know the man behind the facade at all…“
- Riven by Lissa Del <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! SHE’S FALLING FOR HIM BUT SOMEONE WARNS HER TO WALK AWAY… “…As her feelings for Leo grow stronger, however, so does her suspicion that all is not as it appears with the man she is falling for. Determined to uncover the truth, Sarah begins to investigate Leo’s murky past, only to discover a house in the suburbs and a stunningly sophisticated redhead who implores Sarah to walk away…“
- A Life Less Beautiful by Elle Brooks <— LIVE!!!
- Kinky Briefs, Too by Seelie Kay <— LIVE!! LEGAL KINKY FUN ALERT!! “Boredom begets fantasy in this kinky romp through the legal world, when a young lawyer toiling away in the backroom of a law firm begins to spin steamy scenarios about lawyers in love, pushy Dominant judges, and those who serve them…”
- We Never Asked for Wings: A Novel by Vanessa Diffenbaugh<— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Tasha found us this one!!
Tasha: We Never Asked for Wings by Vanessa Diffenbaugh is on sale…. Same author as The Language of Flowers: A Novel, which I loved. My aunt rec’d both to me a while ago and I trust her taste completely, so one-click for me!
- The Deep End: The Honey Series by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY RECENT RELEASE SUPER-BARGAIN!!!!
Janet: Maryse – I know you think you’re not going to like KA’s new one because its about a Dominatrix but I DARE you to read it, and tell me you didn’t love it! The characters were just so likeable and somehow she turns subject-matter that seems often seems hard to relate to, and over-the-top, into a big love story with kink.
Robyn: You need to read KA’S Honey series girl! I loved the first book. Yes, the h is a Dom, but what she did to the H in that naughty room at the club…..oh boy. Let’s just say it got my attention. The book was not really about the club and sex, it was more about their developing relationship and life. We meet the next H and h, Branch and Evangaline, in the first book and I’m excited to read their story!
- Sexy Summer Reads: A Bestselling Box Set by J. Sterling <— J.STERLING BUNDLE ALERT!!! Every one in here is a standalone! “Grab all 4 titles for the price of 1 before it disappears forever! This Box Set is only available for a limited time. Grab it while you can!“
- Sinners of Saint Series by by L.J. Shen <— BAD BOY/BULLY SERIES!!! D.G. HIGHLY RECOMMENDS it!!!
D.G. Hello!!!!! *jumping around and waving* Just got to say that I have fallen for the Sinners of Saint boys. Vicious and Dean are two of my favorite bad boys. Vicious such a total bully. Dean, poor Dean not the best communicator at times. But I just loved the way he loved her! I can’t wait to read Trent’s story….
- Traitor by Alyson Santos <— LIVE!!! DYSTOPIAN ALERT!!! Nancy found it!!
Nancy: TRAITOR BY ALYSON SANTOS IS A NEW RELEASE!! If you are looking for something really different then this Dystopian is for you. I became a fan of Alyson Santos ever since reading Night Shifts Black.
They may be refugees but Andie Sorenson never chose to flee when government forces abduct her to the “safety” of a military-operated compound. It’s his eyes, his heart, his beautiful soul drowning in an ocean of secrets. Lance Corporal Kaleb Novelli is an enigma, but with each plunge through another layer, Andie finds herself captured in a way she never imagined. She knows they have no future. But they’ve found their paradise in hell, and she can’t shake the feeling that Kaleb Novelli is not just a player. He’s the game.
- Time To Learn (Believe Book 3) by Karen Ferry <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED NEW RELEASE & Nancy found us this one, too!
Nancy: TIME TO LEARN (BELIEVE BOOK 3) BY KAREN FERRY is a BRAND NEW RELEASE …Kindleunlimited, too! Takes place in Scotland & like the blurb.
While this is book #3 in The Believe Series, it can be read as a standalone novel. Includes a hot-as-sin tattoo artist, a stubborn Scottish woman, horses, and lots of swoon-worthy moments. You have been warned.
PLUS!!! AN ENTIRE “KINDLE WORLDS” SERIES from various favorite authors!! Kendall Ryan’s Imperfect Love SERIES by by Mandi Beck, Cora Kenborn, Natasha Madison, Adriana Locke, Magan Vernon, Kim Karr, Kelly Elliott, T Gephart. “Imperfect Love features strong alpha heroes who get knocked sideways when they suddenly begin noticing the heroine in a whole new light. Sexy, sweet, and laugh-out-loud funny, the Imperfect Love series is all about exploring romance tropes like friends to lovers, fake fiance, arranged marriage, surprise pregnancy, budding office romances, and more…”
- Imperfect Love: Twisted (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Mandi Beck
- Imperfect Love: Unsupervised (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Cora Kenborn
- Imperfect Love: Cheeky (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Natasha Madison
- Imperfect Love: Battle of the Sexes (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Adriana Locke
- Imperfect Love: FAMED (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Magan Vernon
- Imperfect Love: Tied (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Kim Karr
- Imperfect Love: The Run In (Kindle Worlds Novella) by Kelly Elliott
- Imperfect Love: One-Night Stand-In (Kindle Worlds Novella) by T Gephart
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Black Rainbow by J.J. McAvoy <— Ashley recommends it! Ashley: “I listened to Black Rainbow by J.J. McAvoy today and I really enjoyed it, I think it would be a great book to get you out of a slump! I absolutely loved the heroine in it and the chemistry between the two leads is great.”
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- My Roommate’s Girl by Juliana Keyes – June 12th 2017
- The Story of Us by Tara Sivec – June 13th 2017
- MR. ROOK (Mr. Rook’s Island Book 1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff – June 13th 2017
- Dangerous Rush (Furious Rush Book 2) by S.C. Stephens – June 13th 2017
- Hard Stick: A Breakaway Novel by L.P. Dover – June 13th 2017
- All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road Book 2) by Megan Hart – June 13th 2017
- Silver Silence (Psy-Changeling Trinity) by Nalini Singh – June 13th 2017
- Fierce Obsessions (The Phoenix Pack Series) by Suzanne Wright – June 13th 2017
- The Ultimatum: A Thriller (The Guardian Book 1) by Karen Robards – June 13th 2017
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid – June 13th 2017
- Too Close to Call: A Romancing the Clarksons Novella by Tessa Bailey – June 13th 2017
- The Darkest Promise (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – June 13th 2017
- Royally Endowed (The Royally Series Book 3) by Emma Chase – June 15th 2017
- All I Am: Drew’s Story (A This Man Novella) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – June 18th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).