HAPPY BLACK FRIDAY MY FRIENDS!!!!!! I will be playing on this post ALL day finding us the best book sale finds (today appears to be “Maryse’s Favorite Authors” super-sale day!! LOL!) AND Black Friday “fun stuff” deals. I LOVE SHOPPING, so I’m indulging today! But, I will not brave the lines and the stores (eeeeeeeep!!! tooooo scary for me), but with online shopping, I get to play too.
SATURDAY MORNING UPDATE!!! 😀 !!! ➔ ➔➔ ➔
Some of yesterday’s Black Friday deals are back to regular price, but some are still on!! YAY US!! And look at these two things I just found today! The “KINDLE UNLIMITED” subscription is on sale right now! AND Philips Airfryer, The Original Airfryer is another thing on my wishlist, and it’s on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale today. I don’t have and have never had a deep fryer ’cause: 1.) I’m scared of ’em, and 2.) I can’t stand the smell. So then there’s this that would let me have my wings and my tenders and my fries and my fish sticks (and whatever else we love) just perfect!
Quite a few of our Black Friday regulars from last year are back again, ’cause they’re tried-and-true and so very popular and coveted. And kind of expensive. Except for today. 😉
I like to repost them each year, ’cause as I backtrack through my old posts, I see I’ve slowly but surely purchased almost each and every one of the deals we find. Prime day and Black Friday are completing my “stuff” needs. Things I’ve already purchased for Black Friday (and um… my mom has purchased for me). Yep. She’s Canadian but she’s just discovered Black Friday, and ’cause of Amazon, she can play, too! Like… so far I got my Roomba, AND my Braava (the floor washer), my Instant Pot, my Nest Thermostat and my Nest camera. Oh and my Echo! The Seagate Ultra Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive (<—LOVE IT – mine is this one… the very subtle brushed gold – gorgeous! It fits in the palm of my hand, and is super low-profile). And it’s back on sale for Black Friday! Yeah… I could go on and on. 😉
MY GOAL will be to keep this page updates ALL DAY with the new Black Friday finds as they come in and out of sale.
So let’s start!
ALL THE BLACK FRIDAY DEALS!! <— COOL BOOK-LOVER’S STUFF (and stuff book lover’s love!)
- Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer <— INSTANT POT!!!!! SQUEEEE SQUEEE SQUEEE!!! This is the BIGGEST ONE (and on sale BIG time!). UPDATE ALERT!!! The 6 QT is back in stock too (it’s the one I just got – see me with mine there to the right 😀 ) and it’s BLACK FRIDAY priced!!! So if you were bummed that you missed out, Amazon just put them back up!
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) – Black <— BIG ECHO’s little sister and HOLY MOLY she’s on super-sale. I’m tempted. Wanna know why? ‘Cause when I’m in my room, I find myself screaming *ahem talking LOUDLY* so Alexa in my living room can here me when I wanna ask her something. Get up out of bed and go talk to her like a normal person? *hrmph*! No way. I’m too cozy by then. But it does freak my dogs out, so maybe having an mini in my room would alleviate that. 😉
- All-new Echo (2nd Generation) with improved sound, powered by Dolby, and a new design – Charcoal Fabric <— Fancy face Echo/Alexa has a whole bunch of new looks to choose from now, and she’s on sale too! DO I love her? Oh yes. Let me count the ways. She doesn’t even freak me out, that much anymore when she starts talking in the middle of the night (no worries, it’s my TV playing that occasionally triggers her to answer stuff). LOL!!! That said, don’t get me started on “Siri” and her new and improved sensitivity. I was talking to my mom via FaceTime about Mindhunters (that serial Killer show), and I guess I said “Serial Killer” a few too many times, and suddenly Siri tells me… in her sweetest, most innocent voice… “I’m not a serial killer”. *ahem* Er… Okay Siri. Thank you for letting me know. *sideeyes Siri*
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote | Streaming Media Player <— Yep. I have THIS too. I have officially cut the cord with Cable TV and I’m now a Sling, Netflix and Amazon Prime video addict. Sling is my #1 though (and I can’t even tell the difference). All I ever watched was Lifetime, HGTV and the Food Network anyway, and guess what? Sling has ’em all. 😀 YAY MEEEEE!!! So yeah, The Fire Stick is one of my very best friends!
- AMAZON DEVICES!!! <— Yep, tons of Amazon “toys” are on Black Friday sale today, included many of our much-loved Kindles. Like this one All-New Fire 7 Tablet with Alexa, 7″ Display, 8 GB, Black – with Special Offers! :D!!!!!
- ECOVACS ROBOTICS <— LIKE A Roomba… (and these have AWESOME reviews, too), and these are on Black Friday sale today! I just got the Roomba 614 super-cheap, and I’m still waiting on it to arrive (it was an early Black Friday sale though from a few days ago… not so much today for that model.) I CAN’T WAIT!!!!
- iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum with Wi-Fi Connectivity <— BUT!!! THIS ONE IS on Black Friday sale today, and my choice was between the 614, the 650 and THIS one. This was tempting me HARD. GREAT reviews, too.
- 23andMe DNA Test – Health + Ancestry Personal Genetic Service – 75+ Online Reports – includes at-home saliva collection kit <— THE DNA KIT!! It’s on BLACK FRIDAY sale!! I got this for Prime Day I think? Anyway, SO fun, and I while I pretty much had no doubt what my “heritage” was, this confirmed it. Plus some extras, too. VERY detailed results, and graphs and cool stuff that comes with the results. 😉 But for the most part, I’m 99.7% European (which, this test indicates: British & Irish 33.2% – I’m thinking the “Irish” part, most likely, French & German 29.8% – since I’m French Canadian, I think I’ve for the “French” part, LOL!! and Broadly Northwestern European 21.3%). How cool is that?!! 😀
- Ring Video Doorbell <— Ahhh still on my wish list and today, TWO of ’em (the “satin nickel” one and the “venetian bronze” one) are on Black Friday Sale (and an amazing sale, at that). I do love my smart house techie-toys. Oh yes I DO!!!
- Gift Card deals! <— quite a few that you’re paying less for the card, than it’s value, today! One of ’em is an Apple App store & iTunes card!
- Keurig K55 K-Classic Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker, Black <— FOR US COFFEE ADDICTS!! BLACK FRIDAY PRICED!! I don’t have one of these yet!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT ELSE WE FOUND !!
- Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA ALERT!! I JUST one-clicked this one at full price (and am reading AND LOVING it as we speak!!). Guess what? It’s SUPER-BARGAIN priced today!!!! GASP!! Let’s buddy read it you guys!!!
Cicely: YAAAS DEAR AARON WAS AWESOME TOO!
D.G.: Maryse, Dear Aaron was a five star for me also! Heck, I love all her books. It is definitely a slow burn…
Suzi: This is one of my favorite books of 2017! Loved it so much. It has so much heart.
- The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA ALERT!! I LOVED IT!!!! Super-slow burn, super-grump, moody, almost jerk-faced hero, and I fell hard for him. All from the heroine’s perspective. *squeeeee!*
Pansy: Wall of Winnipeg was my favorite and Wait for It my second fav.
- Atheists Who Kneel and Pray: a romance novel by Tarryn Fisher <— TARRYN FISHER BLACK FRIDAY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! P.S. I have read ALL of these and loved them ALL. Seriously. In fact ➔ here are ALL my Tarryn Fisher reviews.
Amy: Atheists. Don’t think about it, just do it. Read Maryse’s review. It’s spot on.I went to a doctor’s appointment this afternoon and they were running behind so I decided to try and finish up Athiests while I waited. Big mistake. When they took my BP it was 143/90 (usually a lot lower), and I was splotchy. I told her I was reading an emotional book. She told me to put it away. I did. They took my BP again after 15 minutes…124/86. I had to wait until I was home to finish it and I’m SO glad I did because holy moly! The physical reactions just increased…with tears and all.
- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher
Ashley: I absolutely loved F*ck Love. I read the book once but have listened to the audiobook 3 or 4 times, it’s one that I keep going back to.
- Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher
Amy: Holy sh!t… *laughs maniacally* OMG. I just finished the last page and what a f&$king trip Bad Mommy was!!!!
Jean: Omg, Darius’ POV in Bad Mommy just threw me for a loop! Crazy!
- Marrow by Tarryn Fisher
Lori: I loved “Mud Vein” and “Marrow” too. I think this is one of my favorite genres right now.
Sarika: Ugh, I just finished reading Marrow… Somebody tell me what we are all trying so desperately to figure out… #mindf%$&ed.. EEeekkk.
Jackie: …you’re sailing along, it’s powerful and then “Bam” your rethinking what you thought you knew , questioning yourself,going back over the details . I’m thinking , I am going to have to re read !! It’s not a book you soon forget ,even though your not sure what you know :/ lol I loved it and it’s a beautiful cover !!
- Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
Mandy: Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher…that book spoke to me on so many levels…
Amy: …Mud Vein. I five-star loved and five-star hated it equally. I don’t automatically go crazy over a book because it is written by a specific author, but I have loved Tarryn Fisher’s books (F*ck Love was the exception, but I still liked it) so it was surprising to me when I reacted like I did to MV. The writing, the story, the WTF-ery of it…phenomenal! But the sh!t she put Senna through? For the love of all mercy, that character went through so much, and then there was that last chapter…that last f&%king chapter. I love TF’s perfectly imperfect endings, but man…that one was tough. So again…yes, it is possible to love and hate a book equally.
- The Opportunist (Love Me With Lies Book 1) AND Dirty Red (Love Me With Lies Book 2) by Tarryn Fisher
Stacey: Taryn Fisher’s Love Me With Lies series (Opportunist, Dirty Red and Theif) is so good. Each book is told from a different POV, and is not just a re-hashing of the same events. This series is excellent on Audible (especially the “other woman’s” story, Dirty Red).
- Save My Heart <— TEAR-JERKER ALERT??!!! :D!!! Kooloo found us this one!
Kooloo: WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF – Gahhhh every time. It’s starts Oh that’s nice cover… then Ooooooo I like that bulb… then click – then read – then……. MY HEART GETS RIPPED OUT OF MY CHEST…. Again! See “Save My Heart” by DC Renee
- Kissing Cousins by Savannah Singleton <— GASP!! WHAT A TITLE and it’s just been released! And yep… THAT. BLURB!!! P.S. I don’t think they’re actually cousins. 😉 She back in town for her cousin’s wedding…
“…As she collects her bag and considers turning around and booking the next flight out of dodge, she is stopped in her tracks by a handsome young man holding a sign with her name on it. Though there is something familiar about the tall, good-looking man, she cannot place him. Not until, that is, he greets her with an enthusiastic “welcome home, cuz”, and a gentle kiss on the lips…“
- The Mafia And His Angel (Tainted Hearts) series by by Lylah James <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! Tessa recommends it BIG time!
- Incapable series by Marie Skye <— TRIGGER WARNINGS FOR THS ONE!! Tessa found it for us saying:
Tessa: Okay, I don’t know how everyone else would feel about this series I’m reading, but I’m really enjoying it. It’s been a don’t put down series, called Incapable series by Marie Skye. Lots of angst and drama to enjoy, though trigger warnings BIG TIME if you have them. I’m on the third book and should be reading other books. lol
- El Santo by M. Robinson <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED & it’s super-bargain priced today! The author is a bit worried over that, because she knows many paid full price for the book just a few days ago, and she says Amazon decided to put it on sale today for their promotions (and she didn’t have a say in the matter):
“..as of right now, El Santo is .99C and I don’t know for how long because they won’t tell me. Here’s your chance to grab it before it goes back up to full price. I apologize for any confusion this may cause to anyone who has purchased El Santo at full price. I love you and thank you for understanding!!”
- Singe (Guardian Protection Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— ALY MARTINEZ SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! I one-clicked this one SO HARD!! First, ’cause I love this author big time, and second, because it was the answer to a recent reader question that had me so intrigued. I was thrilled when I realized it was an Aly Martinez book, and now it’s mine!! P.S. Here was the reader question.
Val: I love this book!!!!!
Kierstin: Loveeed this book!!!
- First Star I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillips <— SUSAN ELIZABETH PHILLIPS SALE ALERT!! Hey I have this one!! YAY ME!! She’s stalking a famous football player (but not for what you think). 😉 “Piper Dove is a woman with a dream—to become the best detective in the city of Chicago. First job? Trail former Chicago Stars quarterback, Cooper Graham. Problem? Graham’s spotted her, and he’s not happy. Which is why a good detective needs to think on her feet. “The fact is . . . I’m your stalker. Not full-out barmy. Just . . . mildly unhinged.” Piper soon finds herself working for Graham himself…“
Tracie: I loved loved this one!! It made me to back and read the entire series.
- Four Letter Word (Dirty Deeds) and Hit the Spot (Dirty Deeds) by J. Daniels <— SALE ALERT!!! Maria recommends these!
Maria: treat yourself by reading Four Letter Word and Hit the Spot by J. Daniels! OMG!!!!! I think they are on sale today…maybe?! But if not, TOTALLY worth it!
Lisa: Im reading Four Letter Word. The H Brian could have stepped straight out of a KA book.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata <— Deborah loves it in audio! “Love this book I read it first then bought the audio book too. 😀 I love Mariana she does slow burn so good. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is still one of my all time fav’s“
PREORDERS (Just a few of next week’s!!! )
- Hotbloods by Bella Forrest – November 26th 2017
- Bad Princess by Julianna Keyes – November 27th 2017
- Thursdays at Eight by Debbie Macomber – November 28th 2017
- A Perfect Obsession (New York Confidential) by Heather Graham – November 28th 2017
- Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades of Grey Series) by E.L. James – November 28th 2017
- The Brightest Embers: A Paranormal Romance Novel (A Broken Destiny Novel) by Jeaniene Frost – November 28th 2017
- Van: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett – November 28th 2017
- Dark Alpha’s Night (Reapers) by Donna Grant – November 28th 2017
- Merger (Takeover Duet Book 2) by Chelle Bliss – November 28th 2017
- Vampire Fight Club by Larissa Ione – November 28th 2017
- Past Perfect: A Novel by Danielle Steele – November 28th 2017
- The Bachelor Contract (The Bachelors of Arizona) by Rachel Van Dyken – November 28th 2017
- Ravaged (Vampire Awakenings, Book 7) by Brenda K. Davies – November 30th 2017
- Over Us, Over You: A Novel by Whitney G – November 30th 2017
- Paws Up for Love (Canine Cupids Book 3) by Stephanie Rowe – November 30th 2017
- The Birthday Girl: The gripping new psychological thriller full of shocking twists and lies: 2 by Sue Fortin – November 30th 2017
OMG I’m first?
Happy Black Friday, Maryse! Can’t wait for all the awesome deals!
I got an iRoomba, and so much more. That little bar underneath telling you what percent is left, and the clock counting down is my undoing. Click click click. In my PJs! Love it!! So many eBooks are only 1.99 today too. I’m stressing out.
Happy being “first” MichelleS!!!! :D!!!
OMG I’m stressing out too. I’m squirreling like crazy with all the sale finds. HOLY MOLY help me!!!!
Hi Tasha!!! I even kind of mini-review a bunch of the finds, ’cause um… I… bought a lot f them. 😯
I actually spit out my coffee over Siri and serial killer comment.
*grabs napkin to wipe off phone*
You guys. Is it bad that I can personally review most of these items? 😉
I need some CR, standalone, HEA recs. Nothing with death/illness but not a romcom either. It’s ok if it makes me tear up, just not overly dark/depressing. I don’t care for long drawn out slow burns, so Mariana Zapata is out. I am overwhelmed by my TBR and can’t seem to choose.
I want something awesome like Ghosted or Forever Right Now.
I got the DNA test. I’m nuts. Just clicking away. I also got that phone magnet thingie that clips to your AC vent in the car. With a magnet, so your phone is handy for GPS or whatever. Only 8 bucks! Stocking stuffers. Woohoo. Okay, back to shopping. Anyone found an eBook deal too good to pass up?
I love stocking stuffers!! I need a new mouse or two. I’m going to see if any are on bargain…
Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas is on sale for 1.99 from 6.99. I know a couple of my GR friends (Bev and Jan ;)) love these books and I’ve been meaning to check em out.
Michelle, what is phone magnet thing you speak of?? That sounds cool.
I am heading out and braving the crowds for actual shopping soon. Wish me luck!
GASP Leslie!!! You are wayyyyyy too brave. 😀 Report back with your finds please!!!! I’ll live vicariously through you.
Headphones. I’m buying myself headphones on Amazon.
Kindle Unlimited will be on sale for Cyber Monday. *tosses glitter and confetti*
I shopped last night. Kids are pretty much done, just sitting back and waiting for my boxes to arrive that I’ve ordered online… then the task of wrapping… *eek*
This is it… it was 7.99 for a limited time.., https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XPDQBQL/ref=mp_s_a_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1511542766&sr=8-22&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=air+vent+phone+holder&dpPl=1&dpID=51HgUiTj2KL&ref=plSrch
I just got Alexa for the kitchen! Woo hoo!
I’m on the hunt for interesting stocking stuffers! This fit the bill. Any bargains found?
And the air vent thingie! Thanks MichelleS!
Hey Girls!!! I’m looking for a slow cooker – there are so many on sale
Can anyone help me with best bang for my buck… I’m getting stressed out
OVER A SLOW COOKER lol
And the boxes have started to arrive…. my husband is already giving me the side-eye… oh dear…
Kooloo – this one! It’s a slow cooker, pressure cooker, steamer in one! Don’t need a bunch of pots in your cabinet. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074PHL51Y/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511547704&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=crock+pot+multi+use+programmable+stainless&dpPl=1&dpID=41DRIknUzQL&ref=plSrch
You guys, I’m overwhelmed! https://www.goodreads.com/ebook-deals
Oh, Maryse, Slash’s autobiography is on sale. I’m not sure if you read it but I remember you love rock star autobiographies.
Tessa I have read it (Slash’s book) and I loved it!! I have it in hardcover. Very interesting!!!!!!! From what he’s put himself through (the addictions), I can’t believe he’s still alive today.
Tessa – right? Which is why I’m buying doo-dads instead of books. How do you pick?
No doo dads for me. I went so far with things I’ve wanted for a long time. I still bought a lot, but they had to be things that the only thing stopping me was the price. 🙂 Veronica Roth’s Carve the Mark was the most expensive at only 2.99, but normally it’s 12.99. 🙂
Wow MichelleMyBell!!! Checking it out now… I wonder if it will wash itself too
Alright, what’s the best Tarryn Fisher book besides the Love Me With Lies series?
Tessa – I’ll never ever forget Mud Vein. Not pretty, but a good mind f**k for sure. I’m NOT in the mood for dark, I need Historical Scots I think.
Mud Vein it is! I just wanted to get one and see what the rest of her books are like. 🙂
Historical Scot? You read all the Julie Garwood ones, right?
Happy Black Friday!! I’m getting…um…yeah, not even going to start listing because then I’ll have to actually think about how much I’m spending. 😕
But BOOKS! Share the deals, ladies. I will ALWAYS click the books. 😉
Tessa…Atheists Who Kneel and Pray.
And I agree with MichelleS about Mud Vein. It is NOT a feel-good read but it’s great all the same. Atheists makes you EARN the feel-good feels. 😉
Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker- 2.99 (I just bought this full price, read it- fantastic!
Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty- 4.99 (also amazing)
I’m looking at purses and coats…..ouch. haven’t pulled the trigger yet. And maybe sweaters and gloves and and and…..but just window shopping for now.
If I don’t will I regret or if I do will I?
The only thing I’ve bought today is about 6 kids books, a feisty pet and a braces kit for American Girl. A birthday gift and garland for the tree and yummy smelling shampoo and conditioner for the girl. Almost none of it was on sale, lol. I want to get sheets yet, a monitor, and car seat travel system.
🙂 Probably too stubborn to not be here. There’s no doubt the dude went through drugs, but he’s extremely gifted. Maybe someone thought he deserves to be known as that guy in Guns n Roses. 😛
Amy, Atheist, huh? Alright, two by her. These are my tryouts. 🙂
Okay, I mentioned before I have a non-Keurig Keurig machine. It brews and has a Keurig. It’s on sale on Amazon today.
I am back and survived Black Friday.
I got a $50 wii game for $25 at Best Buy. Buy 3 get 3 free from both Yankee Candle & Bath/Body Works (I love wall plug-ins. Peppermint from BBW & Balsam/Cedar from YC). I got cozy socks for $1 at Old Navy plus 50% of everything. My son picked out a bunch of stuff at Hallmark store. Now me and hubs checking out online stuff.
bev! No regrets! GET. THE. ITEMS!!!!
Think about it…will it matter in 6 months that you spent the money?
I think not.
Amy, I agree. A lot of times I’ll buy something that I need, and want, but second guess myself as to whether I REALLY need it. And it will haunt me for days…
But months later, it doesn’t affect me at all anymore, other than I’m glad I have my product.
Ooh Tasha Devil In Spring is one of my fav reads this year. Sweet and sexy HR. Get it while it’s cheap ladies. Next one in the series coming out in Feb (called Hello Stranger). I CAN’T WAIT!!
Lol. If I lived like that all the time then yes, but short term treat yourself ……ok.
Especially because some of them I’d use everyday and they would give me pleasure everyday.
Not to get too personal but thinking one of my 2018 goals is to try to budget and save for a start on some long-term goals.
Might force me to read my tbr…..if I’m reading regularly by then.
bev, you can get personal with us! And of course I agree… I don’t buy anything unless I will use it regularly or I need it. I don’t want stuff that just sits and collects dust, or packs my cupboards and makes everything impossible to get to.
so bummed… shopping was a bust today 🙁 Amazon.ca (CAN) sucks
all I got were a pair of winter boots which are not fun at all – but practical
I hate practical boots – and yes I know i’m pouting like a 5 year old so what
Kooloo! But you will be comfortable and warm and DRY. Which ALWAYS trumps soggy cold feet for hours. And hours. UGH.
ya ok you’re right Maryse babe and they are pretty cute and they are Sorels which an Canadian worth their weight in snow will tell you is the only winter boot you’ll ever need – like ever!
Ooh, Kooloo those are actually cute.
Sometimes I get the most pleasure buying socks and flannel pjs. Speaking of…..hmm……
Can I just say I love Amy’s ” I think not” *snort*
I want to use that in conversation with others and myself all the time now.
DO IT. 🙂
Think of the book rec possibilities.
Amy should you read that book instead of this book?
I think not.
Maryse in a month would you regret reading (fill in the blank ( I mean by now you know them by heart))?
I think not.
There are books I still regret reading. lol Things that can never be bleached away. *shudders*
Should you be reading those books Tessa?
I think not.
Vey well placed, bev! 😉
LOL You’re right, though one is a book people still recommend. Kushiel’s Dart. There’s BDSM and then there’s just lack of sense.
I have Atheists on my tbr. Hmm, just don’t want a TF mindf*ck that doesn’t give me a HEA.
Will I be mad Amy?
Your boots look great Kooloo. Very practical for a Canadian winter, but still cute. Was your shopping a bust? I THINK NOT!
Tessa I borrowed Kushiel’s dart from the library ages ago to see what the fuss was about. i didn’t get it. At all. Not going there again. Just no.
Oh no, I mean I THINK NOT!
HAHAHAHA I love it. Jan, honestly, I don’t mind BDSM, but that… that was weird and then it went somewhere that just made me need mind bleach.
Tessa, I loved Atheists kneel and Pray.
DONT THINK,JUST READ IT. It’s great. I loved it. I wish I could get that slow cooker here in Australia. That’s the one Maryse just got.
It summer here at the moment we have had 6 days in a row over 90. So no slow cooker meals for us. Barbecue and salad all the way.
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes is on sale for 1.99 from 11.99! I paid full price for this one too, haha, and it’s GOOD!!
Confessions of a Domestic Failure by Bunmi Laditan is on sale for 2.99! I follow her on fb- very funny!
Oh, The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper is on sale for 1.99, I often see this on book club funny book recs
Blackout by Marc Elsberg is on sale for 1.99!
I just one-clicked One Plus One Tasha!! Thank you!!!
“I loved Atheists kneel and Pray. DONT THINK,JUST READ IT”–> Melinda if this has a wtf and not HEA ending…
I think not.
*high fives Jan*
So I love my pressure cooker. It is so fast, but I didn’t like how the slow cooker setting worked. I’ve only tried that setting once though.
You said it Cheryl.
“If this has a wtf and not HEA ending…
I think not.”
I’m with you there. I need a HEA and no cliffie book just about now. That’s why I was thinking historical.
Ela?!? Where you been??? Are you buried in moving boxes???
Michelle! Butterfly by Cambria Herbert was a no cliffy HEA book. 🙂 Also, so was CL Wilson’s Sea King.
So far, I’ve received 5 boxes from Kohl’s… you’d think they’d planning their shipping a little better. *giggle*
My son had basketball today, which I’m happy to report, they won! Other than that. Not much going on here.
Ela’s buried in moving boxes??? Let me try something…
Tessa – you’d think that my crazy love for Tauren Soul series would make me leap for Sea King, right? But I can hardly remember the first one in this series. How was this one?
It was really good. I forgot too, but it’s very much like a stand alone, with the book being about one of the sisters. I slowly remembered as I read but missed nothing.
Tessa – went & checked out Butterfly on Amazon. #Nerd by same author sounds kind of fun. I love dorky girl gets hit hubk stories. Have you read that one?might download both samples.
*high fives bev*
Hit hubk = hot hunk…. lol
LOL Michelle. I did wonder……..
So…. I bought the Air Fryer.
🙂 I love gadgets too much.
Can I live without the Air Fryer?
I think NOT.
*holds up hand for a high-five*
*high fives Maryse*
My Mom bought the Air Fryer and returned it.
I think not.
I have an air fryer, we love it!
Ok, so the kindle unlimited subscriptions are on sale…. do I go for the year subscription or the 2 year? I am worried that I wont use it as much as I think I will… or that I wont like it…. and then I’ll be stuck with it for 2 years and I will have sunk all that money into it. Suggestions?
I’m thinking of ending KU, BUT you read way more than I. If I read as fast as Tessa? Please, she is cleaning up on that. I see books on there I want to read or maybe try all the time. I just don’t get around to them.
You all are hilarious.
Michelle! #Nerd was even better, in my opinion. Super cute and fun. I absolutely adored it.
Honest truth, for me KU is addicting for me. You all will recommend a book (Drive), it’ll be on KU, and suddenly, I’m reading it! I do read a lot, so that does help me, but more, there is also that “mood” thing. Where, sure, I have tons of books, but I want Mafia books, darn it! So… KU browse and look! A whole bunch of mafia books I’ve never read. Oooh, someone mentioned that one… *click* This one looks good! *click* And some end up being treasured. The “this one looks good” was Mafia and his Angel. It was so different and so angsty which I needed I loved.
Now, the flip side is if you feel super overwhelmed with your books, it might make you more so. You get to borrow a max of ten at a time, and sometimes, that ten fills up fast. Yep, mine are filled, though I’m reading one of them now. DARN SHINIES! Though, again, I grabbed it due to all the love, Bad at Love by Karina Halle. Cute, but I’m happy I didn’t pay for it. It’s too cutesie to me.
I have KU. I *think* it’s a good deal if you read enough to off-set the $10/month. When I’m unsure what to read, I’ll pick one of my KU books. Certainly is nice when a book recommended here is KU- no brainer.
Grey- maybe start with one year; they’ll probably have a special again next year too. 🙂
Hey, I know soon it will be share your favorite book of the month and I read a whole book! One whole book! 🙂
However, what are some of your favorite things this month?
Apple scented candle
Revenge by Pink and Eminem. Though yes I cringe at the slut and whore bits. But guess I needed an earworm beat this month.
Because This Life is Our First —kdrama and love it.
Not sure if I will have fave book this month as I haven’t “loved” anything yet. But we will see how I feel by the 30th.
However, I am loving:
Peppermint marshmallows in hot chocolate
My leopard print fleece scarf
Cheesey Hallmark/Lifetime christmas movies
Making my house smell like candy canes & christmas trees
I think I’m a Scrooge this month, I just want it to be over. That’s just me though, my anxiety is crazy this time of year, especially now. I just checked the other day to see when daylight savings would end, March 11. That’s what I’m shooting for! And it just started, boo…Though I am enjoying watching corny Christmas movies. I watched Home Again with Reese Witherspoon yesterday, not Christmas, but it was cute. Also, read ALL day yesterday and about finished with my book. Whoo!
Tasha, remember when you were asking for funny, feel good things to watch? I forgot to suggest My Big Fat Greek Wedding. The first movie was cute but the sequel had me laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. Not sure if you ever watched them….but they are great.
You know what I am excited about? My best of 2017 reads list. I actually read a lot of good ones this year. Yay me!!! *inner book nerd does happy dance*
Speaking of nerds…on black Friday I bought myself the nerd emoji key chain. I love emojis!! My son bought me the poop one last Christmas.
What I am NOT happy about is that Outlander only has THREE EPISODES LEFT!?!
WHAT IN THE ACTUAL *BLEEP* IS UP WITH THAT??
Seriously…barely anything has happened and it’s already almost over?? Could this season be more of a snoozefest?
I think not!
What season are we talking about?
Leslie? Was it a snoozefest or was it not? LOL!!!!! If it was good, I wanna know what to turn on.
UPDATE: Ah. Outlander. I havent watched it yet. *sigh* I know.
Sorry Maryse, I was referring to current season of Outlander (season 3) which has been a disappointment.
Oh, thanks Leslie I forgot about that one. I was so young when it first came out, I don’t remember anything from it so that’s perfect!!
Tasha was too young when My Big Fat Greek wedding came out.
I’m dead too just throw that dirt right over my pink blinged out coffin! Lol
So if you don’t want to read about a kick a@@ biker princess that would rather be patched in who has multiple personality disorder that enrolles in Uni killing ensues nut house involoved more killing and through out is a howt as hell hero than FREE RIDE by MC Forgy is def Not for you!
Oh ya here it is…
DON’T CLICK IT
Lol, I guess that sounded worse than intended. I was 14. I don’t remember anything much from it and I probably didn’t pay a whole lot of attention.
Get off my lawn kid.
*slowly backs away, whispering “I hope you need more toilet paper cuz there’s plenty coming your way” muahahaha*
Leslie – Outlander has been a snooze fest. Enough of the boats already. But the books were exactly like that. Remember the wedding that took 200 pages? I hope they condense that sh*t. At least we have Marsali. She’s a hoot. Once again, I find that I had everyone’s name wrong. “Marslee”…. and there I was with “Marsahlee”…. killing me.
Michelle, one name. Hermione. Who knew how to pronounce that one?
Michellemybell BIG A@@ DITTO
Whoop! Got my sheets ordered, bedspread, monitor, and some prime pantry things. I feel a little more accomplished now.
There are incredibly important questions that need to be answered on the other thread. I’ve been so naive.
See? SEE?!? The last three days have been absolutely, over-the-top CRAPTASTIC, and I come here to finally check in and…
See why I’m thankful for all y’all? 😉
Aaaaaaaand now I’m jumping over to the new post since it appears that’s where you guys are hanging out today…
Yeah My Big Fat Greek Wedding was fun. Can’t remember the sequel. I’d better check that out. Leslie, a poop emoji key chain? Really? Did you use it? Gotta love kids and their tasteful presents.
I kinda lost interest in Outlander a while ago *dodges peanuts* It kinda got a bit nasty and violent and I just thought, nup.
I’ve been watching the final season of Longmire on netflix and enjoying it. It’s not a romance, but it’s a great cop series. Did you realise the lead guy (plays Sheriff Longmire) is an Aussie, from Melbourne (where I grew up)? Who knew? He does a US great accent.
*hops over to the new post where all the cool kids are hanging*
I love Longmire. I still need to watch the last 2 seasons. He has a great accent. I like the relationship between him and Henry. And that his nickname for his daughter is punk.