A few new releases and bargain finds AND awesome sounding recommendations start our weekend off just right! BUT!! I’m finishing one up as soon as this list is posted and I’m loving it so hard, I can’t WAIT to get back to it… The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is EVERYTHING I had hoped for from another Mariana Zapata read and right now? I may be loving it even more than Kulti…
Maryse: I’m loving The Wall of Winnipeg and Me… I’ve just been conking out too early at night this week so I’m only halfway through it (but I think it’s an extra-long book so that explains it), and I’ve been hooked from the very start. I LOVE how she writes, I love how her heroine thinks, I LOVE that it’s only from her POV, and I LOVE that he’s true to his grumpiness, and I LOVE that it’s yet another super-slow burn, ’cause it makes it SO MUCH FUN!!!!
JulieO: I am reading Wall of Winnipeg (or WOW as I call it) and can’t put it down. V has some serious work on her hands. Just 20% in and loving it.
Ela: WoW and Me was REALLY good IMO and I didn’t care for Kulti so that says something for me or about my opinion???!
Stacey: I had been in a big time book slump so I started Wall of Winnipeg because I love Ms. Zapata’s books……book slump officially over, ***YAY, Happy Dance***!!! I devoured it and loved it, but now…..what to read next ***sigh***???
DG: OMSqueeeee!!! Finished The Wall of Winnipeg and Me!!! LOVED! LOVED! LOVED it! Mariana Zapata is the queen of the slow burn in my book. Loved the strong silent deep thinking H and the slow fall of the h. Makes it a sweeter love!
So my obvious recommendation (yes, already!!!) is this one, absolutely!
Also Michelle is looking for book recommendations for her vacation but she’s specific about her wants (If you have a suggestion for Michelle, leave it in the comments below):
Michelle: Hi Maryse, I’m heading on vacation and looking for a short series (no more than 3 books) that can’t be read as stand alone. I’m not into paranormal and love the angst and roller coaster of emotions a book takes me through. Is there anything you’d recommend?
P.S. I’m currently reading Fear of falling and so far I’m loving it…definitely recommend it if you haven’t read it.
Maryse: Right off the bat, I want to suggest The Fish Tale series (3 books and now complete – extremely angsty but GORGEOUS), The Rule Breakers series (3 books, complete and about marital “arrangements” between two couples), and The Tristan and Danika series (3 books, girl dating a rock star and TONS of drama with that – also complete), and so many readers here LOVED the Eversea series (including my sister, as we speak – 3 books and complete about a famous actor and a regular girl…)
But there’s more!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- Whiskey Neat (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! HE LOST ALL THAT MATTERED TO HIM & WANTS REVENGE… “He doesn’t care if that means he dies. If it gets him what he wants, then it’s worth it. He fakes it all until the night he walks into a sex shop for batteries and lays eyes on a woman that will change his life. Lenore makes him think past tomorrow. Makes him want to see just what the future might bring. But his life’s a dangerous one built around pain and deception, and not for the faint of heart. He won’t give up the past, not until he’s done what he promised to do…”
- Shameless by Elizabeth Kelly <— GOOD GIRL IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME ALERT! She goes into a bar and… “Now I’m in the wrong place at the wrong time, and my only hope of survival is a dangerous man who claims I belong to him.”
- Spider (A Dark Web Book 1) by Michael Dalton <— A LAWYER WHO’S BEEN KIDNAPPED BY A DANGEROUS EX-CIA AGENT ALERT! “Confined in a mysterious cell in an unknown location, tormented by a teenage girl whose behavior makes little sense, Cassandra can only survive by coming to understand the true meaning of freedom. Redemption is there. If only she can take it.“
- Only Forever by Sophia Ryan <— PARANORMAL & SHE’S TEMPTED BY HER NEW BOSS ALERT! She’s feeling something supernatural that is trying to break her and her husband’s bond… “The most destructive force of all is the inexplicable sexual energy relentlessly pulsing between her and her new boss—her husband’s best friend—making her want things she shouldn’t.”
- Unforgettable You by Marci Boudreaux <— A WIDOW & A FAMOUS MOVIESTAR ALERT! “Carrie Gable agrees to board a handful of Hollywood’s most elite actors at the manor. Despite her resentment of the demands being placed upon her, she can’t help but be taken in by actor Will Walker.“
- Cruel Water (Portland, ME, novels Book 2) by Freya Barker <— SHE’S BUILT A WALL AROUND HERSELF BUT... “With the sting of betrayal still fresh in her soul, she’s surprised to find herself opening up to the honest integrity of the sharp-eyed, rough-looking biker.”
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Hustle by Ashley Claudy <— BEAUTIFUL DISASTER FEEL ALERT!!! Stacie 5-starred it!!!
“Maryse, I wanted to recommend a 5 star read for me! Hustle by Ashley Claudy. So gave me the beautiful disaster feel. This was a 5 star book for me but also added to my top 10 books of all time! If you loved beautiful disaster I definitely recommend Hustle!“
- Hendrix (Caldwell Brothers) by Chelsea Camaron & MJ Fields <— THEY HAD A ONE NIGHT STAND AND THEN SHE SUSPECTS HE’S HER NEW BOSS… SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! “Drowning in debt and hiding a shameful secret, she won’t be saved by a knight in tattooed armor, no matter how mind-blowing their one-night stand may have been. Olivia never expects to meet her masked lover again. But when she takes a job at Hendrix Caldwell’s bar, her sexy new boss seems all too familiar.“
- Instinct: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— ON SALE!!
- Stanton Adore: (Stanton #1) by T L Swan <— FORBIDDEN TABOO LOVE ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause Kenesha LOVED this one!
“Maryse i got a recommendation on your blog for stanton amore and i absolutely loved it, loved it, so i quickly gobbled up the other 2 books. They gave me whiplash and major book hangover. thanks to the lady(cant find the post right now) that recommend it and hoping to find another great epic love story thats super angsty and passionate as that one…”
- Stanton Unconditional: (Stanton #2) by T L Swan
- Stanton Completely: (Stanton #3) by T L Swan
- Eversea (Eversea #1): A Butler Cove Novel by Natasha Boyd <— And here’s my very own sister falling head over heels over Jack Eversea!!
Johanne: “Just finished book 2 of Lori Ann and Jack Eversea… just love it !!! Boy are they ever hot !!!”
- This Love by Samantha Victoria <— Lori loved this one, for those looking for “What to read after Beautiful Disaster”!! She says:
“It is BD’s book twin that I have been looking for lol! You may want to put that on your list as the very next book to read after BD. Have you read it? What are your thoughts? Any suggestions on more books like those? I need another one to get into.”
“OMG! I just finished reading This Love by Samantha Victoria…just….ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I loved it soooo much!!! reminds me of beautiful disaster. Freaking loved Joss Nixon! A must read Maryse! I think you would really like this book! “
- Men Of Honor Series Box Set by by KC Lynn <— Theresa went crazy for this one!
“Hey Maryse…I just finished The Men of Honor Series by KC Lynn…they were FANTASTIC!!! The dynamic personalities of the characters throughout this series makes them into a beautiful dysfunctional family…and just wait to the third book when you meet little Miss Ruth Jean (aka Ruthie)…OMG she absolutely stole my heart and pressed every one of my “mama” lovin buttons…she is a character that you just want to wrap in your arms and give complete love and protection to! These books give you everything from the Navy Seal Bada$$es, to the strong, feisty heroines, to the thrilling action (may have some topics that are triggers) / drama (OMG HE DID NOT JUST DO THAT), and the laugh out loud banter that ensues!!!! I look forward to reading the spinoff series Acts of Honor…thank you KC Lynn for these great characters! Happy Reading!”
- Until It’s Right by Jamie Howard <— OH YAH!! The one where she’s texting the wrong guy!! Anne jumped in and says:
“Finished Until Its Right and loved it! It was a sweet romance that left a smile on my face.”
- Target on Our Backs (Monster in His Eyes Book 3) by J.M. Darhower <—- Amber went crazy for this recent release! “Target on our backs is the best. Naz is soooo, scary, sweet, intense. You have to read this series. I finished this book in 1 day. LOVE it!”
- In This Life by Christine Brae <— Ashley recommends it! “I definitely think you should add In This Life by Christine Brae to your TBR. It is my favorite love story of 2015, and may not be able to be beat. I read this book last month, and the characters are still stuck in my head. Please check it out, you won’t regret it.”
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (over the next few days!! )
- P*rn Star by Laurelin Paige & Sierra Simone – March 8th 2016
- Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices Book 1) by Cassandra Clare – March 8th 2016
- Whiskey Neat (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – March 3rd 2016
- LAST HEARTBREAK (A Romance Novel) by H.M. Ward – March 7th 2016
- Never Too Late by Sloan Johnson – March 7th 2016
- Tyrant (Scars of the Wraiths Book 2) by Nashoda Rose – March 7th 2016
- Late Fall by Noelle Adams – March 7th 2016
- Fire Touched: A Mercy Thompson Novel by Patricia Briggs – March 8th 2016
- Phantom Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon – March 8th 2016
- Us (Him Book 2) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy – March 8th 2016
- Rough Rhythm: A Made In Jersey Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Tessa Bailey – March 8th 2016
- Marked In Flesh: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop – March 8th 2016
- RYDER (Slater Brothers Book 4) by L.A. Casey – March 8th 2016
- Jackson’s Trust: A Fourth Down Novel by Violet Duke – March 8th 2016
- The Drew + Fable Series 4-Book Bundle: One Week Girlfriend, Second Chance Boyfriend, Three Broken Promises, Four Years Later (One Week Girlfriend Quartet) by Monica Murphy – March 8th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).