OMG HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Please let 2021 be amazing, and fun, and happy and healthy and full of book & reading mojo!! Oooops… I forgot the new rules of my latest favorite meme. Not sure who came up with it, but it’s hilarious and pretty fitting. 😉 No sudden movements.
Nobody claim 2021 as “your year”.
We’re all going to walk in real slow. Be good. Be quiet. Don’t. Touch. Anything.
Tee hee!! <— *whisper giggles*
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP 😲 3 months FREE US, Canada and UK!! 😀 OMG BEST DEAL YET ON THIS (for new members only) US, Canada and UK!!! I wish I could get in on this one…
➔➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! Robin found us this one!!
- AMAZON FIRST READS <— for January are up!!! AND!! We can pick 2. YAY US!! 😀 I chose Hadley and Grace (it’s from an author I’ve read and enjoyed before!!) and “Not One of Us“.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses eBook Bundle: A 4 Book Bundle by Sarah J. Maas <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT! MUCH LOVED SERIES BOOK BUNDLE ON SALE (US & CANADA)!!! Kathy found it for us!!
Kathy: Sarah Maas’ Court of Thorns and Roses E book bundle (Books 1-4) is on sale for… I had a couple of books in this series but not all so hadn’t started it yet. I grabbed this so that I can finally read this series! Happy New Year.
- Lie, Lie Again: A Novel by Stacy Wise <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! THEY’RE NEIGHBORS “...For three women with so much to hide, there’s no such thing as a little white lie…All three women who live at 1054 Mockingbird Lane have secrets…and with a body at the bottom of their apartment building’s staircase, those secrets need to stay buried...”
- The Best-Laid Plans by Sarah M. Eden <— LIVE!
- Stone Cold Queen (Sick Boys Book 2) by Lucy Smoke <— LIVE!!
- The Marriage Code: A Novel by Brooke Burroughs <— LIVE!! ALGORITHM TO FIND THE PERFECT MATE… “...Rishi cannot believe that he got passed over for promotion. To make matters worse, not only does his job require him to return home to Bangalore with his nemesis, Emma, but his parents now expect him to choose a bride and get married. So, when Emma makes him an offer—join her team, and she’ll write an algorithm to find him the perfect bride—he reluctantly accepts. Neither of them expect her marriage code to work so well...”
- The Detour: A Holiday Novella by K. Bromberg <— LIVE!! K. BROMBERG ALERT!!
- Busted Steel: An Age Gap Stand Alone Romance (Steel Crew Book 6) by MJ Fields <— LIVE!!!
- An Accusation: A Novel by Wendy James <— LIVE!!! SHE ACCUSES HER TEACHER OF KIDNAPPING HER!! “…When eighteen-year-old Ellie Canning is discovered wandering the countryside, dazed and traumatized, she tells a harrowing story of abduction, captivity, and escape. An overnight symbol of survival and empowerment, Ellie enthralls an outraged nation. Then authorities zero in on an unlikely suspect: high school teacher Suzannah Wells, identified by Ellie as the woman who kept her drugged and bound in a basement. The evidence against Suzannah is damning—vilified by the media, Suzannah’s only defense is that not a single word Ellie says is true. Suzannah has no reason to lie. But then again, neither does Ellie…”
- ARTER Brothers: A Medical Billionaire Romance BOXSET by Clara Cruise <— BOOK BUNDLE!!
- Adoring April by Caroline Lee <— LIVE!!
- Christmas in Quincy (Eden) by Devney Perry <— LIVE!! DEVNEY PERRY ALERT!! She’s trying to avoid Christmas with her family (and chooses her own “vacation” plans)… “...she should have expected her family to thwart her plans. The minute she finishes unpacking her suitcase at the quaint Eloise Inn, Austin Myles knocks on her room door. As the head of her father’s security team, Austin’s been ordered to drag Cleo back to California. Only when she refuses to leave, he has no choice but to stay...”
- Burly by Jessa Kane <— LIVE!!
Cristina: Crossfire was one of the first romance series I fell in love with (after 50 Shades of course!).
Amaya: My favorite moody character is Gideon Cross
Nicole: I read all of Sylvia Day’s Crossfire series… I love these sexy drama-filled books! They definitely increase the romance in your own bedrooms as well! 😉
- If I Never Met You: A Novel by Mhairi McFarlane <— RECENT RELEASE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! OFFICE ROMANCE!!! I LOVE the sounds of this one (so many great reviews)!! “…When her partner of over a decade suddenly ends things, Laurie is left reeling—not only because they work at the same law firm and she has to see him every day. Her once perfect life is in shambles and the thought of dating again in the age of Tinder is nothing short of horrifying. When news of her ex’s pregnant girlfriend hits the office grapevine, taking the humiliation lying down is not an option. Then a chance encounter in a broken-down elevator with the office playboy opens up a new possibility...”
- Honor: A Heroes of Big Sky Novella (The Big Sky Series) by Kristen Proby <— LIVE!! KRISTEN PROBY ALERT!! HE’S BEEN SHOT & is now in Rehab “…They’ve assigned him a medical professional and banished him to the lake house for rehab. Which wouldn’t be so bad, but his new babysitter isn’t at all what he expected. She’s sin and temptation wrapped in the perfect package and infuriates him like no other…”
- Noble Prince by Devney Perry <— HERE’S ANOTHER DEVNEY PERRY READ!! Ana recommends this one!!
Ana: …my God she has grown. She has now become an automatic click for me
R. Renee: What is your fave Ana? I’ve only read one by her and want to try something else that’s maybe not *quite* as alpha.
Ana: Noble prince was quite good not too alpha
- By a Thread: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy by Lucy Score <— RECENT RELEASE & HURTLING UP THE AMAZON CHARTS!!
Kathy: Have you read any Lucy Score? Loved By a Thread and Rock Bottom Girl!
Kathy: if you subscribe to Lucy Score’s newsletter, she has bonus epilogues that you can download (so excited to read the one for Rock Bottom Girl and By a Thread). Happy New Year!!
Maryse: YAY!!! Thank you!!! I see By A Thread is moving up the Amazon charts right now. I should get it.
Tasha J: By a Thread triggers my Romcom loving heart.
- Waiting On The Rain (The Walker Brothers Book 3) by Claudia Connor <— LIVE!! SHE’S BLIND & BACK IN HER HOMETOWN & HE’S HOME FROM THE MILITARY!! “...Being blind doesn’t hold Ava Bennet back in the least. With her work, her shopping, and public transportation within walking distance, she’s totally at home in the big city. But she’s not in the city now. Temporarily back in her small home town to help her father has her struggling in a big way. Luke Walker is done running from his troubled past. Finally home after years in the military, he’s ready to make amends with his family and set down some roots. But adapting to civilian life is way harder than he ever could’ve expected…”
- Shadow: A Gritty MC Romance Series (Guardians Of Mayhem MC Book 6) by Hope Stone <— LIVE!!
- Drake’s Flame: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Fantasy Romance (The Fae Dragon’s Harem Book 1) by Melody Novak <— LIVE!!
- The Chain by Adrian McKinty <— PSYCH-THRILLER SALE ALERT!!! OMG BLURB JOLT! “…It’s something parents do every morning: Rachel Klein drops her daughter at the bus stop and heads into her day. But a cell phone call from an unknown number changes everything: it’s a woman on the line, informing her that she has Kylie bound and gagged in her back seat, and the only way Rachel will see her again is to follow her instructions exactly: pay a ransom, and find another child to abduct. This is no ordinary kidnapping: the caller is a mother herself, whose son has been taken, and if Rachel doesn’t do as she’s told, the boy will die…”
Nay: I forgot to mention yesterday that I’m listening to The Chain by Adrian McKinty. What a creepy (and disturbing) book–and I’m loving it so far! I’m at 62% now and it’s one of those where I search for times to listen as much as I can. I waited for 6 months to get this sucker from the library. So far, it’s well worth the wait!
Nay: I finished The Chain. I’d give it a solid 4 stars. Very creepy and disturbing. Great writing and I enjoyed the narration.
- Deliver Us: Books 1-3 by Pam Godwin <— PAM GODWIN BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!!! FALL FOR THE VILLAIN… “…You’ll fear him and crave him, for behind the cruel mouth lurks a jealous, possessive devil who will sacrifice everything to protect the woman he loves. Each standalone is a different couple with its own dark love story, all interconnected in a dangerous underworld of murderers, kidnappers, and cartels. Forget your comfort zones. This world isn’t pretty. But it’s oh-so-delicious and twisty...”
Renee: Pam Godwins Deliver series is great.
Siana: …books you should add to your TBR list that my friends & I recently read and adored: Deliver by Pam Godwin… dark and deliciously sexy. Deliver has some heart stopping twists and turns…
Jill: Maryse when you are ready for a dark read again, go for deliver by Pam Godwin. Just finished it and it was awesome!
- Beautiful and Terrible Things by Riley Hart <— LIVE!!! RILEY HART M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! “…His dad was the town troublemaker, and I was the son of a cop. We couldn’t have been more different, yet we were best friends, had each other’s backs, and kept each other’s secrets. What you are, I am, we always said. Then one night irrevocably changed our lives forever. It’s ten years before I see Gage again, and instantly I can tell he’s not the same boy I fell in love with. We’re both haunted and hardened by the memory of that night–of everything we did and saw…”
- Snowed In… With My Best Friend’s Dad by Seth King <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Voyeur by Candace Wondrak <— LIVE!!
- His: Dominic: The Sabatini Family by Fiona Murph <— LIVE!!
- Tools of Engagement: A Novel (Hot & Hammered Book 3) by Tessa Bailey <— TESSA BAILEY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! She’s competing against her brother on a house-flipping show, and a member of his team comes over to HER side!! “…she needs a crew and the only member of her brother’s construction team willing to jump ship is Wes Daniels, the new guy in town. His Texas drawl and handsome face got under Bethany’s skin on day one, but the last thing she needs is some cocky young cowboy in her way…”
- Fated Mates – A Romance Novel Podcast with Sarah MacLean & Jen Prokop <— BEV FOUND US THIS AWESOME ROMANCE BOOKS & WRITING PODCAST!!!
bev: I’ve been listening to the Fated Mates podcast and am loving it. It has been around for awhile, but I’ve just started listening. It is hosted by the writer Sarah Maclean and Jen Prokop a critic.
I’ve been listening to the eps that talk about books that had impact on the genre. So Dreaming of You when they fangirl over Derek (he is the best) and The Hating Game. Now onto the one about Born in Ice.
But anyway they fangirl which is fun but also they give insider inside into what was or is going on in publishing, but most interesting is when they get into the author’s skills or how the crafted the book. Like they point out how one moment or conversation can do so much to build the character.
I’m rambling, but if you like podcasts, romances, and just the art of writing a book it is really good.
Mony: love this…thanks bev!
Maryse: Oh I LOVE the sound of this!!! I’m adding it to tomorrow’s Friday Finds. That’s Bev’s fine. 🙂
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
➔➔ AUDIBLE SUPER-DEAL for the first 6 months! <— Robin found us this one!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Single Mother: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller with a jaw-dropping twist by Samantha Hayes – January 5th 2021
- The Camp (Chateau Book 2) by Penelope Sky – January 5th 2021
- Neighbors: A Novel by Danielle Steel – January 5th 2021
- The Push: A Novel by Ashley Audrain – January 5th 2021
- The Woman Outside My Door by Rachel Ryan – January 5th 2021
- The Wife Upstairs: A Novel by Rachel Hawkins – January 5th 2021
- Laces (Boys of Hawthorne Asylum) by Tempi Lark – January 7th 2021
- The Prince and the Thief (Ambrosia Royals Book 1) by P.S. Scott – January 7th 2021
- 7th Circle (Hades Book 1) by Tate James – January 8th 2021
- Roommate by Sarina Bowen – January 12th 2021
- Ghost on the Shore (Blackbird Series Book 3) by Lily Foster – January 12th 2021
- People LIke Her: A Novel by Ellery Lloyd – January 12th 2021
- The Way the Story Goes (Magnolia Sound Book 7) by Samantha Chase – January 12th 2021
- Blood Heir (Kate Daniels World Book 1) by Ilona Andrews – January 12th 2021
- Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever Book 11) by Karen Marie Moning – January 12th 2021
- Repeat Offender (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 12th 2021
- Destructive King (Mafia Royals Book 3) by Rachel Van Dyken – January 12th 2021
- Forever Girl: A Novel by Jill Shalvis – January 12th 2021
- Fatal Fraud (Fatal Series Book 16) by Marie Force – January 12th 2021
- Our Italian Summer by Jennifer Probst – January 12th 2021
- Dragon Revealed: A Dragon Kings Novella by Donna Grant – January 12th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!