First… HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELA!!!!!! She’s one of our long-time book-crew members, she’s hilarious, and loves to “cap-lock-scream” at us when she’s excited about a book. I LOVE THAT about her.
Also… MY FRIDGE IS COMING TODAY!! I’m excited. 😀 Finally, I can go grocery shopping again. I’ve been surviving on mini-meals and stuff I can grab quick and not have to keep for later. It’s incredible how much we can take our appliances for granted until we lose one. Yikes!!
ANNNNND: bev has a buddy-read request, and both sound perfect! I actually already have the first book she suggests! 😀 She asks:
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Car Crash (Collision Book 2) by T. Gephart <— The latest by T Gephart IS LIVE!! She’s an executive assistant (with a “type”) and he’s a tattoo artist… “…Kitty was not only beautiful but also incredibly intelligent—except when it came to relationships. It seemed if a guy was a loser, corrupt, deadbeat or unavailable, she was completely and utterly attracted to him. She definitely had a “type,” and all of them had been one bad decision after another…“
- The Silent Patient by by Alex Michaelides <— PSYCH-THRILLER RECENTLY RELEASED & Tasha J LOVED IT! P.S. She’s my book-twin (or one of ’em 😉 ) and what she loves, I LOVE. SQUEEEEEEE!!!
Tasha J: So, I just finished The Silent Patient and holy cow! It reads so well, sucks you right in and keeps you invested till the very end. I’m telling you, I had thought up what I thought to be every possibility of what happened and was completely, totally shocked at the outcome. Jezebel vibes, peeps! …Only because of shock value, and the great story, not cause they match or anything.
Maryse: OMG TASHA!!! That book is for me!!!!! I always love when you freak out over a thriller. 😀 !!!
- Tanner by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette <— The latest by Jeannine Colette & Lauren Runow is LIVE!! A stranger kisses her in front of her ex…“…When my ex shows up at the bar, Tanner notices my panic and kisses me just so the prick can see. Then he takes off, leaving me breathless. So, I do what any rational person would. I chase after him onto the subway, and embark on a wild night in New York City with a complete stranger...”
Tammy: These look great and they are on kindle unlimited. Yippee!!
Annette: Ohhh. Can be read in any order!!! Interesting. Now I get to decide who is first.(or last). Haha.
- Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! Yep… BACK ON THE LIST AGAIN ’cause readers can’t get enough of it!!
Danielle: I read Boys of Brayshaw High by Meagan Brandy last week and am going to reread it again because I haven’t been able to get it out of my head, and no other book has been able to live up to it since. If you haven’t read it yet put it on your radar. I’m a sucker for bully books!
Chelli: Hope all is well with you don’t know if this book has come up in your radar but Boys of Brayshaw is oh soooo good. I’m a die hard Fallen Crest High fan and this book has a similar feel to it!!! Can’t wait for the next one to come out
Jenn: I am reading “Boys of Brayshaw High” I was hooked just in the first few chapters.
Tessa: Boys of Brayshaw High, hands down. Everything I want in a book, right there.
- AUTHOR L.B. DUNBAR <— CHARACTERS OVER 40 ALERT!! Kathy P recommends this author!
Kathy P: For those of us, cough, cough over the age of 40, I have really enjoyed the latest books by L.B. Dunbar. She has heroines and heroes over the age of 40 in second chance romances.
I have read 3 of the 4 and would definitely recommend them. A nice change of pace 🙂
- Con Artist by Alexa Riley <— Alexa Riley’s latest is LIVE!! She’s a pickpocket!! “…she needs one more big job to get the money she needs. When she literally runs into a man on the street and takes his wallet, she never imagines that the muscled beast would come back to haunt her...”
- What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON’S LATEST!!! In case you forgot about the “Kindle First aka: Amazon First Reads” selections each month, Kathy P points out that THIS ONE IS ON THE LIST!! I one-clicked it! 😀
Kathy P: The new Amy Harmon book, What The Wind Knows is an Amazon Prime Editor’s pick this month so if you have Prime you get it for free!! Finally a good book! Snapped it right up!
Michele G: Kathy P, you just made my day! I clicked What the Wind Knows so fast! I’ve been dying to read it – – the cover alone is simply amazing! So excited!
- Never Never: The Complete Series by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher <— WHOLE SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! Thanks again, Kathy P!! 😀
Kathy P: Also Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher is on sale… I haven’t read it so clicked on it.
Michele G: I also enjoyed Never Never – – just remember Tarryn is involved so it’s nice and twisty
- The Boy and His Ribbon (Ribbon Duet Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— OMG LOOKIT WHAT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED RIGHT NOW & it made SO MANY “Best of 2018” lists!!!
Michele G: The Boy and His Ribbon…yep it’s got all kinds of angst!!
Stacey: Finished “The Boy and His Ribbon” and also “A Girl and Her Ren” last night and let me say….WOW……just…..there really are no words. Book hangover of your life. BEST OF 2018. It has been years since a book gave me all the feels that this one did and these words still feel inadequate to describe this book…..so Ill just say this…..This book sneaks its way into your soul, grabs a hold, rips it out, and doesnt let go. I can tell it is one of those books that stays with you literally FOREVER.
- Taken Without Her Consent by Mitzi D. Lane <— Donna recommends this one!
Donna: Just finished reading Taken Without Her Consent by Mitzi D. Lane…what a great read !!
- Dr. Hottie (Bad Boy Doctors Book 2) by Virna DePaul <— “…Women don’t make Dr. Noah Alexander’s hands go clammy—until this one. One look at her freckled nose, crooked grin and intelligent eyes, and his pulse races. But she refuses to reveal her real name…”
- Lessons from a One-Night Stand (The Baileys Book 1) by Piper Rayne
- Ear Candy (Charitable Endeavors Book 2) by M.E. Carter & Andrea Johnston <— LIVE!! HE’S A BOOK NARRATOR… “…As an over-thirty single woman who writes erotica for a living, you would think I spend my days fighting off every handsome, dirty-mouthed billionaire in a twenty-mile radius. I don’t. Sure, I have a checklist for my ideal man who I write in my books. I just haven’t found “the one” in the real world. Todd Chimolski may not check all the boxes on my current list, but there’s something to be said for a friend who makes you laugh and puts on a suit to make all your fantasies come true. Hearing him bring the words I’ve written to life is nothing short of an eargasm, and that’s a box I didn’t know I needed checked...”
- Ride The Wave: A Reverse Harem Dragon Fantasy (Her Elemental Dragons Book 4) by Elizabeth Briggs
- SEAL’ed:The Complete Series Box Set — Books 1-5 by AJ Alexander & Andi Jaxon
- The Pickup (Imperfect Love Book 1) by Nikki Ash
- Free (Chaos Series Book 7) by Kristen Ashley <— RECENTLY RELEASED and we have feedback! Northernstar loved it! JulieO suspects possibly a spin-off series? 😀
Northernstar: Kristen Ashley’s Free was an emotional read for me because I loved all her Chaos series so much. I agree with the other posts that there was a lot going on in this book and the story packed a lot in. I missed the usual depth of the other books, but she did tie up a lot of loose ends. Known for her epilogues, KA didn’t disappoint and it was a beautiful ending. While I am sad to say goodbye to the chaos family it was a great ride (pun intended).
JulieO: I finished FREE last night. Was good, I always enjoy K.A. books, some more than others. I got confused quite a bit. Too many characters and dual names because of MC names. Felt like she was trying to pack too much into this last book and set up a few characters for a new series? Any thoughts on this anyone? I do have to say that KA does the best epilogues though.
- More Than Enough (Reckless Heat) (Reckless Falls Book 3) by Theresa Leigh <— SHE’S IN LOVE WITH BOTH OF HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIENDS & IT. SOUNDS. STEEEEEEEEEEAAAAMYYYY!!! “…I didn’t mean to kiss Cal while Gray was watching. And I didn’t mean to kiss Gray in front of Cal. And what happens after that? All three of us claim it was a fluke. A one-time mistake. Something totally crazy that can never happen again. Then it happens again. And again. Now I’m falling for two men...”
- The Elements Series Complete Box Set by Brittainy Cherry <— KATHY FOUND US THIS BRITTAINY CHERRY SERIES BUNDLE!!
Kathy: I forgot to say The Elements Series Boxset by Brittainy Cherry is on sale… I read two of the 4 stories and they were 5 stars for me.
Tammy: I’ve read all 4 books. They were awesome!!!
Jean: I started The Silent Waters by Brittainy Cherry. Loved the first 2 books of the series…..each are standalones
- Hate Notes by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland <— PENELOPE WARD & VI KEELAND SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! He’s arrogant, cynical and demanding and he’s her new boss!!
Angela: This one is awesome! Buy it, buy it!!!!!
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher <— Jenn is listening to this one!
Jenn: …I am being creeped out by “Bad Mommy” as I am listening to it on audio and it’s so unlike me to listen to this type of book vs reading it but it actually is really working for me. …I am LOVING it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- MOTION: Laws of Physics 1 by Penny Reid – February 11th 2019
- The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters – February 12th 2019
- Blood Apprentice: An Elemental Legacy Novel by Elizabeth Hunter – February 12th 2019
- The Elite Kings’ Club Box Set (The Elite Kings Club) by Amo Jones – February 12th 2018
- It Happens (The Bear Bottom Guardians MC Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale – February 12th 2018
- The Right Man by Michelle Mankin – February 13th 2019
- The Chef by James Patterson – February 18th 2019
- The Risk (Briar U Book 2) by elle Kennedy – February 18th 2019
- Talen by Shay Savage – February 19th 2019
- Never Tell: A Novel (A D.D. Warren and Flora Dane Novel Book 10) by Lisa Gardner – February 19th 2019
- Tinsel (Lark Cove Book 4) by Devney Perry – – February 19th 2019
- Jagged Ink (Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – February 19th 2019
- What He Never Knew (What He Doesn’t Know Series Book 3) by Kandi Steiner – February 21st 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).