And oh yes… the blog has changed somewhat. 😉 I upgraded everything!!! But also, now that everything’s pretty much done (minus a few bugs to work out in the changeover), I’m finally able to read again. And buddy reading, no less! Amy (my book-twin) and I are reading the same book and we didn’t even plan it!
Amy: The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis Graves – You guys, I think I’ve found one I could end up loving! I don’t want to say it to soon because I’ve done that before and then ended up feeling “meh” about it, but this one has LOVE IT potential! Annika has my heart already, and I’m only 25% in. The writing just flows, and I’m not *gasp* getting annoyed by anything in the book!
Maryse: Amy!! We’re reading the same book!!! YAY US!! BUDDY READ!!
Amy: YAY MARYSE!!! How are you liking TGHUTK?
Maryse: I’ve just started last night so I’m only a few chapters in but I’m happy that (at least so far) it’s all from her POV. I’m totally in. Tracey Garvis-Graves is such a great writer and story-teller. :D!!!
Linda: The Girl He Used to Know was a “must read EVERY word” kinda read. Absolutely adored the H/h.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ Kindle Unlimited Membership super-bargain deal!!!! <— Hey guess what??!! The Kindle Unlimited Membership deal is still on!!!
- My Life in Shambles: A Standalone Romance by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE!!!!! GASPPPPPP!! Fake fiancé to a hot Irish Rugby star!!! YES PLEASE!!! “...Little did I know I’d spend New Year’s Eve having a hot and dirty one-night stand with Padraig McCarthy, one hell of a sexy Irishman. I also didn’t know that the brooding and intense sex god was one of Ireland’s top rugby players. A rugby player with a proposition for me...”
Linda: Just started My Life in Shambles last night. 33% in and in love!!
Maryse: I just one-clicked it!! 😀
- Easy Love: A Modern Romance by Piper Lawson
- The One That Got Away by Anne Mitchell
- Love’s Healing Heart: Second Chance at Love, Book 2 (First Street Church 18) by Claire Colby
- Not So Prince Charming: A Dirty Fairy Tale by Lauren Landish <— LIVE!!! He may be charming but he’s the devil in disguise… 😉 “...I’ve been sleepwalking through life—not living, just existing—working toward a future where I can actually breathe. Until HE walks in. Gabriel Jackson. With his boy next door charm and dimpled grin, he jolts me awake. He makes me want to feel the dark heat he promises. To live in the hunger lurking behind his brown eyes. But life isn’t a fairy tale, and things aren’t always as they seem. My Prince Charming is the devil in disguise...”
- Relentless: Episode 3 of the Shattered Chronicles by Ciana Stone
- Naked Love by Jewel E. Ann <— Back on the list ’cause the ebook went DOWN last week, but it’s back up and I’m excited!! And Linda LOVED IT TOO!!
Linda: Also highly recommend as so many already have is Naked Love by Jewel E. Ann. All the emotions.
- Touch My Soul – A Novella by Stuart Reardon & Jane Harvey-Berrick <— JANE HARVEY-BERRICK ALERT!! “…Ben Richards is a professional rugby player, successful and single. He has everything he wants in life, except for the health of his younger brother who suffers from a life-limiting illness. When fun and feisty physiotherapist Brunina comes into both their lives, he realizes that love is a precious gift—and that a little love can last a lifetime….”
- I Dare You by Shantel Tessier <— Katelynn recommends this one!
Katelynn: Have you read I dare you by Shantel Tessier ? It’s so good and on Kindle Unlimited! I instantly went in search of the next book … I’m happy it’ll be out soon! I loved The dynamic between Cole and Austin. Mainly I love how tough Austin is.
- Love Lost Her Way: A tragic story about a girl who lost all hope by Julie Anne Addicott <— “Everything we love. Horrific life, taboo, suspense, wtf did that just happen?” ALERT <— and Brooke recommends this!
Brooke:Hey Maryse! I wanted to tell you about a book that I just read. This is my first time messaging you and I’ve been following you for years so that should tell you how awesome this book is.
It’s called Love Lost Her Way by Julie Anne Addicott. Let me tell you, it is hands down my fave of 2019. It has everything we love. Horrific life, taboo, suspense, wtf did that just happen? moments, and best of all it’s a beautifully told story. You can tell this author did her research because it is so well done, thorough, the characters are amazing! It only has 27 reviews and I just submitted mine.
I feel like this book NEEDS the recognition it deserves. I’m not a blogger. I’m a SAHM and have no clue how this stuff goes, I just know I love to read and read every single day or I go crazy. I honestly thought of you first because I follow you more than anyone and we have similar taste in books. Anyway, if you read this, thanks!!
- Mated to the Reaper by Alexa Riley <— Alexa Riley’s latest JUST WENT LIVE!! “...Grim Reaper has spent years alone carrying out what he’s destined to do. But when he’s called to take another immortal soul, he realizes this one is different. From the moment he sees Ariella, he knows she’s his mate, but her family steps in and tries to keep them apart. They can do what they want, but there’s no stopping Death, and he’s going to fight for what’s his…”
- Listed: Volumes I-VI Kindle Edition by Noelle Adams <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! This complete serial series has been compiled into one! ➔ “…They make a deal to get married, for the last three months of her life...”
- One Plus One: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <— Jojo Moyes ALERT!! This one’s on sale today and Tasha really enjoyed it!!
Tasha: Maryse, Jojo Moyes- One Plus One. …you’ll love it. I’m sure of it. Little grumpy meet, fun road trip, real life problems, a little drama, funny, brainy kid, moody kid, and romance!! That was probably poorly described, but you should try it! …on sale…I paid full price for this one too, haha, and it’s GOOD!!
- Keep Me: A Mafia Romance (The Rossi Crime Family Book 3) by J.L. Beck <— J.L. Beck’s latest MAFIA romance!! He’s her captor, but then he realizes something… “…when I discover the truth that she is just as much as a victim of my father’s wrong doings as I am I can’t follow through. I know then that I can’t break my little mouse...”
- Eat the Peach: and Other Wicked Tales <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! “…Sex magic rules. But no two practitioners conjure in quite the same way. In these six standalone stories from acclaimed gothic romance novelist Lucy Blue (Misguided Angel, My Demon’s Kiss), six very different witchy women make a soul connection and discover their own kind of power...”
- Dragon Blood (Dragon’s Gift: The Sorceress Book 2) by Linsey Hall <— NO REST FOR THE WICKED… “…There’s no rest for the wicked. Or for demon slayers. I’m both, so things have been busy. The sort of busy where I spend all my time trying not to get killed or discovered for what I really am—a Dragon Blood with the deadly power to create new magic…”
- [easyazon_link identifier=”B07Q5773ZY” locale=”US” tag=”maryse-20″]Hidden River Academy[/easyazon_link] by by KT Strange
- Hunter’s Baby Girl by Samantha Morgan <— HE’S DARK & BROODING & SHE’S A BRAT… “…Hayley Monroe misbehaves. She needs someone to put her in her place. As a middle, there’s part of her that knows this is just an act. Acting like a brat as an adult isn’t exactly going to win her friends, but it’s fun. In a darkened corner of a BDSM club, Hayley meets Hunter…”
- Hidden River Academy by Margo Bond Collins
- The Time of Our Lives by Portia MacIntosh
- Manhattan Cinderella: A romantic comedy (Fairy Tales in New York Book 1) by Kate O’Keeffe
- No Man Can Tame (Dark-Elves of Nightbloom Book 1) by Miranda Honfleur <— MICHELLE LOVES THIS TROPE!!
Michelle S: This book has a Radiance feel, for Grace Draven fans. You know the plot. The human princess is arranged to marry the prince of the Dark Elves. Each one thinks the other is a hideous monster. I love this junk…
- The Five by Lily White <— A WTF MOMENT!!! Linda also recommends this one!
Linda: And The Five by Lily White. Just wow. Couple weeks later and still with me!
Robyn: Linda- I just finished The Five. I had a wtf did I just read moment at the end. The main female character is something else.
- Bad Boy Blues by Saffron Kent <— HE’S RICH & A BULLY & SHE’S THE MAID THAT SERVES HIM!! GASP!! “…It doesn’t matter that he’s rich and popular or that he lives in a freaking mansion full of butlers and maids. He’s rude and arrogant, and she wants to stay as far away from him as possible.
But unfortunately for Cleo, she lives in the same freaking mansion as Zach. Only he’s the prince and she’s the lowly maid who serves him…”
- Forgiven (Nash Brothers Book 2) by Carrie Aarons
- Layla’s Chance: A Rock Star Romance by Mika Jolie
- Finding Forever (Willow Bend Romances Book 2) by Mona Ingram
- Cougar (Heritage Bay Book 3) by M.A. Foster <— CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!! “…He gave me the fairy tale.The dream.Until fate circled around and turned my dream into a living nightmare.Now, at forty, I’m a widowed single mother left to pick up the pieces of my broken heart and my broken family…”
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- TIME: Laws of Physics 3 by Penny Reid – April 15th 2019
- Blood Bonds (Otherworld Book 21) by Yasmine Galenorn – April 15th 2019
- The Mister by E.L. James – April 16th 2019
- Nobody Does It Better by Lauren Blakely – April 16th 2019
- Breaking Without You (Fractured Connections Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan – April 16th 2019
- Forever Mine (Tormentor Mine Book 4) by Anna Zaires – April 16th 2019
- Darkness Returns (Guardians Of Eternity Book 13) by Alexandra Ivy – April 16th 2019
- The Better Sister: A Novel by Alafair Burke – April 16th 2019
- Twisted Pride (The Camorra Chronicles Book 3) by Cora Reilly – April 16th 2019
- Bunny Misfit (The Misfits Book 3) by Eve Langlais – April 17th 2019
- Unforeseen (Vampire Awakenings, Book 9) by Brenda K. Davies – April 19th 2019
- Kiwi Rules (New Zealand Ever After Book 1) by Rosalind James – April 20th 2019
- One Plus One: A Novel
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).