Also, we had 6 new Reader Questions yesterday, so check them out in case you might know the answer to one.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- EXTENDED THROUGH JUNE!!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏 WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Letting Go by L.A. Fiore <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Years later, tired of existing but not living, I quit my job in Manhattan, sold my condo and moved to a log cabin in Wyoming. When I wake in the bed of Killian Reid, mistaken for a one-night stand, I never imagined I’d fall for the man. But I did. Not at first; a slow fall, so gradual I didn’t realize I was no longer falling. I’d been given a second chance at a happily ever after. And then Brock Callahan walks back into my life…“
- Wild Thing: A Vampire Paranormal Romance (Blueblood Vampires Book 2) by Michelle Hercules
- Can I Give My Husband Back?: A totally laugh out loud and uplifting page turner by Kristen Bailey
- Ghost Writer (Haunted Souls Book 8) by Pandora Pine
- Kiwi Strong (New Zealand Ever After Book 3) by Rosalind James <— Jan loves this series!
Jan: Kiwi Strong by Rosalind James is out on 19th June. I’m enjoying the series and have preordered this one. 😀
- Wyatt’s Wager (Cowboys of Cauldron Valley Book 6) by Caroline Lee
- Stolen: A Sci-Fi Alien Romance (Fated Mates of the Kalixian Warriors Book 2) by Presley Hall
- Serendipity by Lisa Chalmers
- A Little Bit Wicked (The Wickeds: Dark Knights at Bayside Book 1) by Melissa Foster <— LIVE!! MELISSA FOSTER’S LATEST! “...If you think bikers are all the same, you haven’t met the Dark Knights. The Dark Knights are a motorcycle club, not a gang. Their members stick together like family and will stop at nothing to keep their communities safe. Their stories are told in the same loving, passionate voice readers have come to adore in Melissa’s other series. Some of the Wickeds’ love stories will be hilariously fun and deeply emotional, others will tear at your heartstrings and include injections of humor, but they will all leave you wishing you could climb between the pages and join them!”
- Loner by Harloe Rae <— RECLUSIVE ALERT! “…a well-equipped biker pulls over to save me. One glance at the scowl Crawford Doxe is wearing proves he isn’t impressed with the task. My efforts to change his mind deflate faster than the shredded tire at our feet. But disgruntled or not, my so-called hero still agrees to fix my flat...” Nancy enjoyed this one!
Nancy: I started LONER last night. He is a recluse. I was hoping it wasn’t another slow-burn romance. At 25% it turned so “HOT” I was afraid my Kindle would short circuit!!
- The Change Up by Meghan Quinn <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! AMBER LOVED IT!
Amber: The Change Up by Meghan Quinn. Love me some Bad Boys of Baseball! Slow burn and sexual anticipation made for a quick page turner! And yes, I said anticipation!!
I love that this book wasn’t a “quickie”. I mean, I like my insta loves from time to time but nothing beats a slow burn. And. All. That. Build. Up! And…holy smokes on that kitchen scene….Meghan did not disappoint! She may have also given me a few ideas. Hehe
- Gifted Duet by Moira Hale <— Nancy is enjoying this duet!
I had a hard time putting it down, but I knew I needed sleep and it was getting really late! I love that book 2 is already out. Book ends in a cliffhanger, but I can start right in to Book 2. Definietly 18 or older!
- Cake Series by J. Bengtsson <— MELANIE LOVED IT!
Melanie: One of the best book series I have read in a long time.
Cheryl: …can’t remember who recommended this, but so far I’m really enjoying it. The H is a rock star, but not your typical one because he has had a horrific event happen to him in his childhood.
- I Dare You by Lylah James <— LIVE!! DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! LARA FOUND US THIS ONE!!
Lara: Hi Maryse!
I don’t know if you already posted about this and I missed it, but I Dare You by Lylah James is also out. It’s the second part of a duet (enemies to friends to lovers).
I haven’t read it yet, but the first one (it’s called “Do You Dare?”) it’s absolutely amazing!
- KINDLE PAPERWHITE ON SALE – US & Canada (this is the one I have – the waterproof one!!) I LOVE IT! I’m a bath reader so now I don’t have to worry about accidentally dunking it. AND! In the past, I used to read using my iPad Kindle app, while floating in the pool, but I had a waterproof cover for it which would make the iPad overheat. With this… I can read all I want in the sun, in my pool, no worries.
Lisa: This kindle is always with me when I float in my pool! Love it!
- The Tie That Binds: A Marriage of Convenience Novel by Catharina Maura <– RECENT RELEASE THAT I MISSED! “…Alyssa has been in love with her best friend, Dominic, for years. Or so she thinks. When her father passes away, his final wish is for her to marry Daniel, Dominic’s older brother. Alyssa and Daniel agree to honour his wishes and choose to marry each other. Despite their resistance they end up falling hard, but their happiness is something they’ll have to fight for. After all, they started their marriage with an end date in sight...”
- Beyond the Sea by L.H. Cosway <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE Mona loved it too!
Loved this … it kept me up until 4:00 am 🙄
Mony: On the book front, I am still reading and have finished up a few good reads.
Reckless by Stella Rhys was fabulous. It’s a well written boss romance – friends to enemies with a great simmering slow burn. AJ and Adam are great characters and the dialogue is smart, snarky and tender. Highly recommend 4.5 stars.
Captive by R.J. Lewis was an epic read. It has 3 parts and unfolds a striking story about Nixon and Vixen. It’s not a dark as night captivity story (not mafia) but it is gripping, edgy…with a sense of mystery about the roles of villain and victim. Oh, and Nixon is hot, hot, hot – shades of Mystery Man but bad. This is longer than most books so be prepared. (GR rating 4.5) My rating 4.5 stars
I finally had a chance to read Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O’Connell in a Goodreads Buddy Read. I’m so glad I did…it was a gorgeous western historical romance. I agree with one of the group buddies said of O’Connell: “This author nails the chemistry, dialogue, setting, & snarky humour every single time. She’s one of my favourite historical western romance authors.” 5 stars!
I has also read Without Words by the same author and it was a fantastic as well! 5 stars!
- A Secret in Onyx by Jessica Florence <— Karen recommends this one!
Karen: Hello again Maryse, another great recommendation to thank you for!
I finished ‘A Secret in Onyx’ by Jessica Florence, and I loved it! She’s actually a new to me author, I’m now into her Final Love series, its also addictive. Thanks! I love your blog, & I hope you and yours are well.
Best Wishes, KG.
- House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski <— SCARIEST HORROR BOOK ALERT?? R just told me about it – a horror book that I had never heard of before and when I googled it, it’s touted as one of the scariest horror reads ever!! OMG MINE!! ALSO check out the crazy text on the pages inside… it’s ONLY in print form – I think because of “how” it’s written, so I ordered a copy. I can’t WAIT to try this!!!
Maryse: wait wait… House of Leaves?? *looking that up too* Okay I just looked up House of Leaves and bought a print copy. No Kindle version but I MUST READ THIS ASAP!!!!! Holy moly thank you for telling me about it R!!!
R. Renee: OMG you aren’t familiar with HOL??? 😱 Check out the Wikipedia! It’s so crazy! I discovered it years ago because I was a big Poe (the musician) fan. She’s the author’s sister and her album Haunted is a companion work. It’s on my list to read this year (no matter what). It’s supposed to be terrifying but for me it’s just a difficult read. It’s kind of all over the place and requires focus that I don’t normally have. Let me know if you ever want to tackle it together. Oh and you have to have the hard copy–NO e-book–because much of it is notes in the margins. Google images of the book.
Maryse: I remember Poe!!!! She lived here in Tampa I think? Angry Johnny!! I LOVED THAT SONG. Is that her?
R. Renee: Yes!! Love that song too!
Maryse: Okay and I just saw the images of the book. OMG!!!!! I can’t wait to try. Text formed into circles… in corners… OH MY!!!!!
Denise: I have this book. It grabs you straight away. It’s layout is quirky/unusual. It has quite the cult following, and yes you will be scared. You’ll suddenly find yourself holding your breath but didn’t know how it happened. There is also a companion book called The Whalestoe Letters.
Maryse: OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!!!!! I needed a good book-jolt and I know this is what I was looking for! 😀
R. Renee: We may not survive the BR!!
Maryse: I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! LET’S DO IT!!!!
Reese: Oooh I absolutely love House of Leaves!! I hope you also love it as well. Once you get into the style it just flows and it’s hard to put down. But I can understand how the format may not work for everyone. To me, it felt super authentic and made it even scarier. Can’t wait to hear what you think. I’ve read it twice and now I kind of want to read it again with you all!
- ➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- ➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- ➔➔ And… if you’re not an audible member yet, you can get the first 4 months for 46% off this summer!!!
- Perfection by Kitty Thomas <— DARK READ ALERT!! AUDIOBOOK JUST WENT LIVE!! “…Everyone thought I was married to the perfect man. But if Conall Walsh were perfect, I wouldn’t have killed him. I thought I got away with it until I received an anonymous note at the ballet company I dance for: You were a very bad girl. If you don’t want me to report what I know about last night, meet me at the old opera house after rehearsal. I will tell you the price of my silence when you arrive. If you speak of this or bring anyone with you… no deal. But his price isn’t money. It’s me.”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Kate by Charyse Allan – June 20th 2020
- The Call of Magic (The Fool’s Journey Book 1) by A.R. C. – June 20th 2020
- Breakfast at Bronzefield by Sophie Campbell – June 22nd 2020
- This Time Tomorrow by Tessa Bailey – June 22nd 2020
- Rescue After Dark: A Gansett Island Novel by Marie Force – June 23rd 2020
- Something Like Perfect by S.C. Stephens – June 23rd 2020
- Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory – June 23rd 2020
- Forest of Souls by Lori M. Lee – June 23rd 2020
- A Reckless Note by Lisa Renee Jones – June 23rd 2020
- The Swap by Robyn Harding – June 23rd 2020
- The Girl from Widow Hills: A Novel by Megan Miranda – June 23rd 2020
- Forever Only Once (Promise Me Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan – June 23rd 2020
- Sisters of Sword and Song by Rebecca Ross – June 23rd 2020
- The Girl from Widow Hills: A Novel by Megan Miranda – June 23rd 2020
- Thicker than Blood (Zoe Bentley Mystery Book 3) by Mike Omer – June 23rd 2020
- All My Loving: A Butler, Vermont Novel by Marie Force – June 23rd 2020
- The Last Flight: A Novel by Julie Clark – June 23rd 2020
- Party of Two by Jasmine Guillory – June 23rd 2020
- Hooked on Her by Stacey Lynn – June 23rd 2020
- Somethin’ About That Boy by Lani Lynn Vale – June 23rd 2020
- The Man Who Has No Heart (Soulless Book 2) by Victoria Quinn – June 23rd 2020
- What’s Left of Me Is Yours: A Novel by Stephanie Scott – June 23rd 2020
- Charming Like Us (Like Us Series: Billionaires & Bodyguards Book 7) by Krista and Becca Ritchie – June 23rd 2020
- Perception (The Haunt Vault Book 2) by Katja Desjarlais – June 24th 2020
- Make Me Hate You: A Best Friend’s Brother Romance by Kandi Steiner – June 25th 2020
- Dear Sexy Ex-Boyfriend by Lauren Blakely – June 26th 2020
- ENDLESS: A Less Than Zero Rockstar Romance: Book 1: Ty & Zoey by Kaylene Winter – June 26th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).