Happy Friday!! And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our book-bud “Grey”!!! *sets off glitter and confetti cannons while Amy pours the birthday cake martinis* 😉 Time for another reading weekend for me (I’m finishing up two books) and it’s also time for our “Friday Finds” list. P.S. I’m still working on it, so keep checking back as I add more.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Reckless King by Maya Hughes <— LIVE!! STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! THE LATEST BY MAYA HUGHES!! “…Three nights together and I’m done for. Her laugh, her smile, the way my hand curves around her waist. She’s the one. Not a doubt in my mind…until I walk into my last class of the semester. Kara, the woman of my dreams, is my new instructor..
- The Other Sister: A gripping, twisty novel of psychological suspense with a killer ending that you won’t see coming by Elle Croft <— PSYCH -THRILLER ALERT!! “…Walking home one night, Gina stumbles upon a dead body, and after calling the police, she makes the split-second decision to report the murder live. When questioned by the police, Gina can’t remember specific details about her discovery, but these memory gaps are explained away as shock…”
- That Guy by Kim Jones <— ROM COM & ONE THAT I LOVED TOO!!
Cheryl: Just finished That Guy. Enjoyable, funny read.
Jean: Cheryl, I just finished That Guy and loved it!
- Small Great Things: A Novel by Jodi Picoult <— JODI PICOULT SALE ALERT!! Tasha just found us this super-sale and it’s #1 on all of Amazon Kindle right now!! She’s a delivery nurse...”…During her shift, Ruth begins a routine checkup on a newborn, only to be told a few minutes later that she’s been reassigned to another patient. The parents are white supremacists and don’t want Ruth, who is African American, to touch their child. The hospital complies with their request, but the next day, the baby goes into cardiac distress while Ruth is alone in the nursery. Does she obey orders or does she intervene? Ruth hesitates before performing CPR and, as a result, is charged with a serious crime…”
Val: This was a really hard read for me. And I loved it. It’s tough. But I really think so important for people to read!!!
Angela: I agree, what an amazing lesson in a really great story. Socially relevant, although difficult to accept.
- Sweetest Release by Nicole Highland <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!!
- Lost Boy by M. Robinson <— M. ROBINSON’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! The price of love cost him his soul… “…My first love was everything all at once. Consuming. Maddening. Forever. Mine. Except, I never imagined there were secrets that needed to be shared. Lies that needed to be confessed. Truths that needed to be told...”
- SPOILERS: The Spoilers Trilogy, Book One by Delilah Cross<— TIME TRAVEL ALERT!! “…The man in my company, my kidnapper, steadied me. I didn’t expect that, but I welcomed the feeling so easily. And then I opened my eyes and my equilibrium was gone again…”
- Suddenly Trouble (Dirty Texas Book 4) by JA Low
- The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman Trilogy Book 1) by Paullina Simons <— ONE OF MY 5-STAR FAVORITES SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! This is a MUST read. No ifs, ands, or buts!!!!
Alex: Definitely the most life-altering, all-consuming, books I’ve ever read! When friends ask me what to read, this is my go to. You can’t love reading, and not have read this series! It is amazing. Would love to find more like this if anyone has recommendations.
Sara: This series absolutely broke me…in all the best ways.
Janet: And because of your recommendation to me, it broke me too and I’m forever grateful!
Jessica: My all time favorite book ever. Ive read it at least 20 times!!
- Island Captive: A Dark Romance by Jane Henry <— BLURB JOLT DARK READ ALERT!!! OMG THIS ONE!!!!!! PLANE CRASH & THEY ARE THE ONLY TWO SURVIVORS… “…I was hired to apprehend a monster – a Dom who’d been sentenced to life for killing his submissive. I’ve seen what he’s capable of, and the images will haunt me forever. I swore I’d stop at nothing to put him behind bars. But then our plane back to the States crashes. We are the only two survivors. And the monster will make me wish I’d died along with the rest of them…”
- I Do(n’t) by Leddy Harper <— LEDDY HARPER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT & it sounds like so much fun!! ONE NIGHT IN VEGAS CHANGED EVERYTHING… “...one night in Vegas changed everything. I woke up to more than just a fantasy of my brother’s best friend. Five years later, I’m standing on his doorstep confronting him about the secret he kept from me. If you think this is the story of how we rode off into the sunset together… You’re so wrong…“
Ashley: I read I Do(n’t) and LOVED it!!! Really fun read with lots (and lots) of chemistry.
marina: Reading “I Do(n’t)” and it’s good, I like how real the troubles feel…
- Liar (a FAUX-MANCE novel) by Stephanie St. Klaire <— FAKE FIANCE & SHE’S BEEN OUTPLAYED… “...When Cori is faced with her ex-fiance, now engaged to her ex-best friend, it’s game on. In her boldest move yet, she concocts her biggest lie to date by introducing the first handsome stranger that walks by as her new fiancé. Happy to play the part, Nick is already planning the fake wedding of her dreams. You know what they say about lying – the truth always comes out – and it hurts. Especially when Cori finds out she isn’t the biggest Liar in this game, and she’s been out played...”
- My Sisters And Me: The hilarious, feel-good novel about sisterhood and second chances by Lisa Dickenson
- Cut by Bry Ann <— HE’S A MONSTER... “…I avoid her at all costs, but for some reason she doesn’t avoid me. Does she not see my scars? The raw, pink flesh that mars my skin. I fight, train, burn, cut… but not her… never her. Is it love? It can’t be. I’m a monster…”
- Force of Nature by Melissa Toppen <— MELISSA TOPPEN’S LATEST! “...Thad didn’t just turn my life upside down; he ripped through it– an unstoppable force of nature that wouldn’t be satisfied until there wasn’t a single facet of my life left unturned. And yet somehow at the end of it all he was still the only thing I wanted. Haunted by a past he can’t escape- the only question that remains is can I find a way to calm the storm that rages inside of him or will I end up just another causality in his unrelenting path of destruction?”
- Keep (Gentry Generations Book 3) by Cora Brent <— CORA BRENT’S LATEST IS LIVE & SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!! It’s a spinoff from her “Gentry Boys” series. “..on this wedding day of dreams they will all gather to watch one of their beloved daughters marry her prince. It was all going to be perfect. The day was not supposed to end in tragedy. There should have been a honeymoon instead of a funeral…”
- It Goes Without Saying by Taylor Danae Colbert <— HER LIFETIME CRUSH… “...Knox wasn’t the one that got away—he was the one that never was. Now, Bria’s full-on adulting, and she’s crushing it. She’s got a grown-up job, a lush D.C. apartment, a dreamy med-student fiancé. What more could a girl want? But when a family crisis lands her back in her hometown of Dalesville, she finds herself face-to-face with the one thing she always wanted and never had: Knox…”
- Accidental Tryst: A Romantic Comedy by Natasha Boyd <— NATASHA BOYD’S RECENT RELEASE IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!!! She accidentally switched phones with someone in an airport… Oooooops! 😉 “…the phone I’m holding is not mine! It seems to belong to some commitment-phobic serial dater who’s never made it past four dates (according to the constant notifications he’s getting from his fake dating profile…) And worse? I have a sinking feeling it’s that hot suit-monkey with the arctic grey eyes I just had a run-in with at the airport…”
- The Date: An unputdownable psychological thriller with a breathtaking twist by Louise Jensen <— CREEPY PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Ooooh this blurb makes me scared of “dating” but I totally one-clicked it!! 😉 She’s finally ready to start dating again… “...She is ready, she is nervous, she is excited. She is about to take a step into her new future. By Sunday morning, Ali’s life is unrecognisable. She wakes, and she knows that something is wrong. She is home, she is alone, she is hurt and she has no memory of what happened to her. Worse still, when she looks in the mirror, Ali doesn’t recognise the face staring back at her…” <— GASP!!!!
Amy: The Date by Louise Jensen is on sale…sounds like a Maryse thriller to me. 😉
Maryse: Oooooh Amy you got me right!! The Date sounds crazy-creepy!!! 😀
Yvonne: Whoaaaaa sounds great!
Kat: I’ve been on a psych kick lately. 1 clicked
Robin: I am halfway through this right now. Thumbs up so far!
- Pretty Girls: A Novel by Karin Slaughter <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! Maria LOVED it!!
Kat: Any psychological recommendations? I recently finished The Butterfly Garden
Maria: You HAVE to read Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter!!!! It is phenomenal!!!!
Tasha: One of my favorite thrillers!!
Cindy: unputdownable and will stay with you… So so good!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Magnolia Story by Chip Gaines & Joanna Gaines <— Alyssa: I enjoyed the audio version of this as they narrated
- The Kiss Quotient: A Novel by Helen Hoang <— Michele G: Reading/listening to The Kiss Quotient — I love it! It’s different and quirky – really good so far!
PREORDERS (The next few days & a few of next week’s!!! )
- Love Online by Penelope Ward – August 27th 2018
- Magic Triumphs (Kate Daniels) by Ilona Andrews – August 28th 2018
- The Waiting Room by Emily Bleeker – August 28th 2018
- Dagger’s Edge: A Brute Force Novel by Lora Leigh – August 28th 2018
- Cowboy, Cross My Heart (Heart of Texas) by Donna Grant – August 28th 2018
- The Governess Game: Girl Meets Duke by Tessa Dare – August 28th 2018
- Stygian: A Dark-Hunter Novel (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – August 28th 2018
- The Evolution of Man by Skye Warren – August 28th 2018
- Make It Music (Broken Dolls Book 1) by Everly Lucas – August 28th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).