HAPPY FRIDAY!!! YAY!!!! IT’S THE WEEKEND and it’s time to relax with yet another good book. And guess what? There are some pretty great sounding books that just went live, and some reader recommendations that are new-to-me!!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND !!
- Most Irresistible Guy by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!!!! PREQUEL TO Most Valuable Playboy “…when Cooper told me he’d won the starting quarterback job before he shared the news with anyone else, I started to believe we could be more. But I didn’t want to lose him as a friend, so I chose to focus on him solely as my buddy. That worked well enough for a while. Until that night, in front of everyone, when he shocked my world to its core...”
- Turn (Gentry Generations) by Cora Brent <— CORA BRENT ALERT!!! “...A supposedly reformed gang member from the rundown prison town where my folks grew up, Curtis looks like he was built for mayhem. We have nothing in common. If he hadn’t taken a job working for my father, our paths wouldn’t even cross…”
- Unruly by Cora Brent <— AND ANOTHER FROM CORA BRENT!!! It broke Tessa’s heart!!
Tessa: Last night, I finished Unruly by Cora Brent. I picked it up, wanting something fun, slightly angsty, but just feel good. I did not get that. It freaking tore my heart out. This wasn’t slightly weepy at a certain point. This was tears falling ugly cry. I couldn’t stop. I refuse to think about parts now because I start crying all over again. *kicks a can* Stupid book!
- Sex, Love, and Rock and Roll series by Michelle Hazen <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! Sandra recommends this rock star series!
- Sandra: If you haven’t had a chance to read it, Michelle Hazen’s Sex, Love, and Rock and Roll series is fantastic. It’s New Adult and follows The Red Letters from their early days to stardom. There are 3 books in the series, plus a prequel, though only the prequel and book one have been released. The best part? The band’s drummer is a woman and she kicks add!
- My Enemy Next Door by Whitney G. & Nicole London <— A BOOK BY WHITNEY G. & NICOLE LONDON JUST WENT LIVE!!! How I love the premise of the annoying next door neighbor!! 😉 She became his enemy in high school… and now it’s a few years later and he accepts a job in a law firm… “Until I find out that Courtney Ryan graduated from law school, too. Until I realize that she’ll be working at the same exact firm, in the office right across from me. And if this timing isn’t unfortunate enough, she’s far more tempting and sexier than I originally remembered. (Oh, and last night I found out that she lives right next door…)”
- Buried Alive by Stacey Marie Brown <— LIVE!!! “...The moment Hannah walks into his room, he knows something is different about her. Drawn to her, he can’t seem to stay away from the mysterious, guarded girl. They are two heartbroken souls who both understand the darkness. Little does he know she lives in lies and carries secrets that will bring his universe to its knees and secrets that will bury them both alive.“
- The Long Walk Back by Rachel Dove <— SHE SAVES HIM… “…As an army trauma surgeon Kate knows how to keep her cool in the most high pressure of situations. Although back at home in England her marriage is falling apart, out in the desert she’s happy knowing that she’s saving lives. Until she meets Cooper. It’s up to Kate to make a split-second decision to save Cooper’s life...”
- Lost For You: Rockstar Romance (Sixth Street Bands Book 4) by Jayne Frost <— ROCK STAR’S BROTHER ALERT!!! “...My brother is the genius guitarist for the band Caged, and I’m the one who helped make that happen. I’m happy to run my bars and my land development company. Sure I am. And then I meet her—Taryn Ayers—the music manager behind the three biggest bands in the country. She doesn’t know I’m Cam’s older brother. Or that I’ve got a secret that makes her world and mine fundamentally incompatible...”
- Stand By Me by S.D. Robertson <— HER BEST FRIEND IS BACK… “...Twenty years later, life has pulled the pair apart and Lisa is struggling. Her marriage is floundering, her teenage kids are being secretive, and she’s so tired she can’t think straight. So when Elliot knocks on the door, looking much better than she remembers, she can’t help but be delighted to see her old friend again…”
- The Hail You Say (Hail Raisers Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! They broke each other’s heart years ago… and now she’s on his exam table! “Reed Hail is her worst nightmare because she’s constantly reminded of exactly what she’s missing—the other half of her soul. Just when she thinks things can’t get worse, she’s sees his sexy, bearded face over the top of her paper gown, and she’s lost all over again. Don’t ever let me go. Both Reed and Krisney are determined to avoid each other. They do a great job of it, too…not. One ill-timed gynecological exam changes everything...”
- Forever Love: A Friends to Lovers Collection by Alyssa Rose Ivy
- Uncharted: a survival love story by Julie Johnson <— SURVIVAL & FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! YES PLEASE!!! I want to read this!!! “…I took one look at the stranger in the airport terminal and knew he was exactly the kind of man my mother spent seventeen years warning me against. Gruff, grumpy, and far too good-looking to stare at without experiencing heart palpitations. Thankfully, I’d never see him again. Or so I thought. I couldn’t have known our plane would crash. I couldn’t have predicted we’d be the only survivors…”
- Redemption by Emily Blythe <— FIGHTER BOOK ALERT!! “...even this bad boy has a weakness, and it’s the hard-talking woman who raised him. When her ailing health takes a turn for the worst, Evan makes the decision to hire a home care worker to make sure she’s cared for at night. What he was expecting was some matronly nurse—what he wasn’t expecting was quiet, practical Isobel and her quiet, practical beauty. He’s huge, she’s tiny. He’s a brute, she’s as gentle as a lamb. Even their differences can’t keep them from wanting each other.”
- Ace (Moonshine Task Force Book 4) by Laramie Briscoe <— LARAMIE BRISCOE ALERT!! HE ARRESTED HER HUSBAND… “...My gut has always kept me honest. Like the day I walked into The Café and saw the new waitress. There was a ring on her left hand, but I didn’t care. One look in her eyes told me everything I needed to know. Her marriage wasn’t one made of love and respect. It was one made of fear and doubt. It’s why I ignored that ring, why I arrested her husband, and the reason I’m willing to take my time. Patience is a virtue, and with this woman, I have it in spades...”
- Someone In The Way by Rachel Del <— SINGLE MOM WADING THROUGH DIVORCE... “...Nathan Trainor always falls for the wrong women—and Lily is no exception. But now that she’s practically single Nate knows this could be his only chance to prove history wrong. When Lily and Nate are assigned the task of signing a bestselling author who is rumored to be seeking new representation, Lily must put her troubles aside and do whatever it takes to get the job done. And Nate might just get his chance to write his own happy ending...”
- Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O’Roark <— SLOW BURN & FORBIDDEN LOVE!!! Lisa recommends it!
- Lisa: I’ve been reading books based on all the 2017 favorites lists. The latest is Waking Olivia. It is a “forbidden” (not very forbidden ) SLOW BURN CR. The MC fight the attraction. Catnip! I liked it!!! I’m on to the next book. Drowning Erin.
- Full Contact (The Crossover Series) by Kathy Coopmans & HJ Bellus <— LIVE!!! A MAFIA PRINCESS & A FOOTBALL STAR… oh oh. They once were so happy, but she gave him up to protect him, and he moved on and became a sports star… “Some say true love has a way of finding its way back. Justice and Liam know better to believe. That’s up until the day they find themselves in a heated meeting. She owns a new football team. He’s coming back from an injury and thirsty to prove the nation wrong…”
- Begin Again: An Anthology by A.M. Johnson, Stephanie Rose, J.A. DeRouen, Ginger Scott, Anne Jolin, Ariadne Wayne, Emery Jacobs, M. Andrews, K.P. Haigh, Kay Renee, Maria MacDonald, Faith Andrews, K.K. Allen, Mara White, Autumn Grey, Josephine Brierley , Amanda Richardson, Stephie Walls, Jaci Wheeler , Stephanie Alba, L.A. Taylor, Foreword by Rebecca Yarros M <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!!! “Twenty-Two Authors have joined together in this collection of short stories about fresh starts and second chances to help illustrate that even when life takes away everything, and when hope is a horizon you think you’ll never catch, it is possible to Begin Again.”
- The Hookup by J.S. Cooper <— LIVE AND… OH WOW!! BLURB JOLT ALERT!!! This one sounds like an incredible love triangle!!!! Her best friend (her knight in shining armor) and the new guy she fell hard for… (devil in disguise)… OOOOH I WANNA READ IT!
“He was a Knight in shining armor according to himself Nate Lexington is bossy, charming, handsome, and quite possibly the most annoying man I’ve ever met in my life. He’s also my best friend. He treats me like his little sister and if he could run my life he would. Only I don’t let him. Much to his chagrin. Nate thinks I live my life with my head in the clouds and all he does is groan when I tell him about my quest for true love.
He was the devil in disguise according to Nate
Dylan Mason is the sexiest man I’ve ever met in my life. I met and fell for him in a weekend. He swept me off of my feet and my heart became his in an instant. He was a charmer, a rogue, a devious manipulator. I didn’t care. He was the one I’d been waiting my whole life to meet. He was Mr. Perfection himself.”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- Sex, Not Love by Vi Keeland – January 15th 2018
- Man Card (Man Hands Book 2) by Sarina Bowen & Tanya Eby – January 15th 2018
- Waiting for the Sun (Waiting for the Sun Book 1) by Robin Hill – January 16th 2018
- Buttons and Grace by Penelope Sky – January 16th 2018
- Total Exposure: Jordan’s Game by J.A. Huss – January 16th 2018
- The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley Book 5) by Devney Perry – January 16th 2018