SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!!!!! Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil<— IS ON SALE!!! *gasp* Thank you bev!!! 😀 I just one-clicked it SO hard! This is one of bev’s most HIGHLY recommended books and Tasha loved it too, and Tasha is my book twin. YAY MEEEEE!!! 😀
bev: Stayed up past two reading Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil. I’m still thinking about the characters… …Right book at the right time and just so good. Some one has to read Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil. Cmon, you know you all want to.
Tasha: I finished Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil. I agree with Bev, more people need to read this book!! It starts off with a bang and doesn’t let up. I didn’t want to put it down. It’s incredibly powerful and moving. I had tears, many times for the unfairness of it all. And chills a couple times, and some laughs too. I also liked following the mystery and clues to what happened.
There were tons of characters, but I didn’t have any trouble following what was going on. They were very well constructed and I felt deeply for all of them. This book is definitely going on my favorites of 2017 list!
…Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil. I think you would love it! It has all the feels..
HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! The weekend is mine and I shall be reading!!!! YAY ME!!!
I just finished a book that I’ll be reviewing in just a bit (kept me guessing to the very end), and I’m already into another that I’ll be reviewing in a day or so.
But in the meantime…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby Book 4) by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway <— THE LATEST BY PENNY REID & L.H. COSWAY IS LIVE!!! And it’s on Kindle Unlimited too! 😀 “…What he needs is a companion to keep him on the right path. What she needs is an apartment with free rent. Will is convinced Josey will make the perfect companion, since she’s brutally honest and basically ‘just one of the guys.’ Josey is convinced she can ensure Will doesn’t succumb to his voyeuristic proclivities by keeping a scrupulous eye on him…“
D.G.: I just LOVE this series! I was ‘hooked’ *laughs at myself* on the Hooker and the Hermit….a bold alpha and a shy h….and then comes along the OTHER story. And I ABSOLUTELY LOVED that we got to see a different side of the ‘bad boy/troublemaker’ from book one! He is huge….most definitely…..he is a hottie…no doubt….he lacks certain skills behind closed doors….unfortunately! This was definitely a first for me where the H was not amazing and even he knew he was not!
- Reckoning (Vincent and Eve Book 2) by Jessica Ruben <— ANGSTY & DARK SOUNDING TRILOGY!!! She’s trying to escape her dangerous city… and then meets a fighter.
Angie: SOOOOO excited about this! GAH
Autumn: AHHH!!! I hope you read RISING! I think you’ll love it! xo
Susan: I loved Rising!!!!!!
- Leaving to Stay: A Bad Boy Rock Star Babies Romance (Baby Fever Book 1) by Nicole Casey <— HE LEFT HER TO BECOME A FAMOUS ROCK STAR... “…Fate brings us back together. And when she comes back into my life, It’s like no years have passed. I’m addicted again, but this time I’m hooked on her. And then she whispers something that turns my world upside down …She has two twin babies, and I’m their Daddy…”
- Whispers at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers) by Addison Cole <— SINGLE MOM HAS A CRUSH ON HER BOSS’S SON… “Having a mad crush on her boss’s son, Matt Lacroux—an intriguing mix of proper gentleman and flirtatious bad boy—is probably not the smartest idea for single mother Mira Savage. Especially when the company, and her job, is already on shaky ground. But as a Princeton professor, Matt’s life is hours away from Mira’s home on Cape Cod, keeping him safely in the fantasy-only zone. And as a single mother to six-year-old Hagen, with a floundering company to save, fantasies are all she has time for…”
- Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas <— Ashley has a whole SLEW of recent favorites for us! Recommendations for MOST of our moods and favorite book genres… SEE BELOW:
- This weekend I reread Birthday Girl….it’s just so good. It’s my top read so far this year.
- I read Unbreak My Heart (Fostering Love) because it kept popping up on the blog and OH BOY that was amazing.
- I also read Arrogant Devil which is the perfect bully book. It’s funny and I loved the heroine and it has a sassy grandma (WHO doesn’t like a sassy grandma! They steal all the scenes they’re in!)
- I’m the one who recommended The Bride Series by S. Doyle! I’m so glad glad you liked it JulieO! I’ve been telling other people about how much I ended up enjoying it.JulieO: Ashley Thanks so much for recommending THE BRIDE. Like I said, it just sucks you in. And didn’t you just want a Jake of your own? Thanks so much!
- Moments of Disarray: An Alex Kennedy Story by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART ALERT!! Ohhhh I love Megan Hart (she has a very deep… raw romance writing feel) and she just released this one! “Alex Kennedy knows he’s a rascal. A rogue. An arrogant bastard. He wreaked havoc on his best friend’s marriage by falling in love with his best friend’s wife, and now he’s trying to move on. Sex, drugs, booze, boys, girls and toys. He’s hell-bent on forgetting the past and running toward a future he doesn’t believe he deserves, only to discover the truth in moments of disarray… AHEM!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS. Remember her book “Tempted”? This new release is the sort of… sequel (spinoff). YA GOTTA REMEMBER THAT ONE!!??! *blink blink* 😉 My review *waggles shocked eyebrows* ➔ https://www.maryse.net/books/megan-hart-books/book-review-tempted-by-megan-hart.html
- Atticus: A Woman’s Journey with the World’s Worst Behaved Dog <— SAWYER BENNETT WARM & FUZZIES ALERT!!! Sarah loved this one!
Sarah: Devoured this book. Loved it! A warm fuzzy book. More comedy than romance. But was so nice to read something light hearted especially if you’re a dog lover
- xo, Zach by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN FORBIDDENY SUPER-BARGAIN!!! He’s her school adviser…. 😉 “...You hate Mondays so every Monday I slip an anonymous poem into your bag and your smile gets me through the week. I think I’m falling for you, and I know it’s wrong. I know that I’m only supposed to be the adviser to your program and nothing more, but here’s the thing. I think you’re falling for me too…“
- The Boy on the Bridge by M.R. CAREY<— BLURB JOLT ALERT!! POST APOCALYPTIC AND SOUNDS DELIGHTFULLY SCARY & IT’S SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!!! THIS IS THE PREQUEL TO “The Girl With All the Gifts” & I ONE-CLICKED!!! OMG THIS BLURB!!! “Once upon a time, in a land blighted by terror, there was a very clever boy. The people thought the boy could save them, so they opened their gates and sent him out into the world. To where the monsters lived.“
Amy: Oooooh guys, The Girl With All the Gifts was good. 😀 Messed up, but good.
Marit: I just read The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R Carey. Great book 🙂 A total page turner! And it’s different. It melted my heart ❤️ I know that many of you in here have read it too.
- Act Your Age by Eve Dangerfield <— RISQUE/TABOO ALERT!!! And Anne recommends it!!! 😀
Anne: I would like to add Act your Age by Eve Dangerfield. I read it a few month ago and still think about it. It’s about a woman, who has a crush on her much older boss. So they hook up…and act out their daddy-daughter fantasies. I’m not really into that but the story is so well executed that I couldn’t put it down!
- Secret McQueen by Sierra Dean <— PARANORMAL ALERT!! Melissa C recommends this one!
Melissa C: Not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but I really enjoyed the Secret McQueen series by Sierra Dean. Has a little bit of everything and she kinda reminds me of Buffy.
Julie: I love this series. It’s totally worth checking out. You should give it a try.
- All This Time (Sweet Sins Series) by Kathy Coopmans <— THE LATEST BY KATHY COOPMANS IS LIVE!! Rock star alert!! He’s lived in his own darkness clouded by drugs until her… “…Bits and pieces of his memory start to surface after the two of them are caught up in an unexpected photo shoot. She’s rocked his world. He feels the shift. The intoxication. But Miles, he has no recollection of the night they spent together. If he finds out the truth of what happened, it could possibly lead him back to the darkness. And Julia, she holds the secret. A secret that could send Miles back into the dark or straight to his grave...”
- House of Imperial (Secret Keepers Series Book 2) by Jaymin Eve
- Rainbow Place by Jay Northcote <— M/M ROMANCE
- Rebel Pilot, Texas Doctor (Devil’s Rock at Whiskey River Book 1) by Eve Gaddy
- Comfort Zone (Awkward Love Book 4) by Missy Johnson <— MISSY JOHNSON ALERT!! SHE’S HOT FOR TEACHER 😉 “…Walking into Jake’s bachelor party to see my professor motorboating a stripper? Talk about Awkward. It wouldn’t have been so bad if I wasn’t completely hot for the guy. I had been since I first walked into that feline anatomy class and saw him performing chest compressions on a Persian cat named Andrew…”
- Desperate Play (Off the Grid: FBI Series Book 3) by Barbara Freethy <— BARBARA FREETHY ALERT!! “Special Agent Wyatt Tanner has always worked undercover. He thrives in the dark of the night. He survives by turning himself into someone else. But living so long in the shadows can make a man forget who he really is…”
- Fearless: The Complete Novel (Dartmoor Book 1) by Lauren Gilley <— Tessa is getting a kick out of this one!
Tessa: 52% so far and it’s fun. Some slap the stupid person moments, but fun. I just want to keep reading it. Also, I think my angst button is even more broken than before. *nods* I can so see where, a year ago, my tummy would’ve been in knots, but after some of the mafia books I read, nope. No knots. *sighs* Stupid angst box!
- The Bombshell Effect by Karla Sorensen <— THE FOOTBALL STAR & HIS NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “…What he wants is to be a good father to his daughter, the best quarterback possible for his teammates. What he doesn’t need is a blonde bombshell ruining the team’s chances at another championship. Especially when that bombshell turns out to be his new neighbor. The neighbor he was a complete jerk to the first time they met...”
- The Lies of Locke Lamora (Gentleman Bastards, Book 1) by Scott Lynch <— SUPER-SALE ALERT!! bev found us this sale!!
bev: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch is on sale. I have had this in my tbr for YEARS! I need to just finally read. Lots of great reviews and sounds fun.
- Twisted Strands (The Handcrafted Trilogy Book 1) by Lilia Moon <— He ties women up to set them free. She’s not looking for his kind of freedom… “...Liane Granger is a flannel-clad artist with a dandelion tattoo and a life that doesn’t need a man, much less the new kitten she somehow acquired when she wasn’t paying attention. She makes handcrafted rope in her small studio on Kootenay Lake and runs an on-again, off-again B&B. One of her best customers is coming to spend the night and pick up a special order. Which sounds really simple until he walks in her studio door and uses her own ropes to tie her up.”
- American Queen (New Camelot Book 1) by Sierra Simone <— THIS TRILOGY “GOES THERE” ALERT!!! And it put R. in a severe book fog, and she can’t get past it!
R: I’m still struggling with my American Queen/Prince/King hangover and can’t seem to focus. The second I get my loan back, I’m putting this down and starting that over.
Maryse: Wow R!!! That is quite a reaction on that trilogy. I haven’t even started it yet… DARN SQUIRRRELING!!!!!! Now I wanna read it.
R: I’ve been obsessed over it for weeks Maryse. It’s bad. I need an intervention.
JulieO: R: I read American Queen the day it came out and had to wait forever for the next book. I think I commented that the end chapter or two was a little eye opening for me because I had never read that being done before. I’m not a prude just never thought of that. Loved those books. Read them twice also. Enjoy again.
Amy: I’ve heard the American Queen series is unique because it goes THERE. After all the hullabaloo I’ve heard about it, I’m thinking I need to give it a shot.
R: It’s so different from my norm! I only picked it up because of what I’d heard about the writing. I have 3 friends reading it now: #1 isn’t sure it’s her thing, #2 knows it’s her thing, but is still on the fence, and #3 is flipping the heck out. 😀 If you decide to try it, I encourage you to get a sample first. It is lendable (but mine have already been claimed). Be prepared for an OTT ride that definitely GOES THERE! And keep in mind, the premise alone is farfetched. It you’re looking for something practical and realistic, this isn’t it.
Amy: I just checked, and I already have American Queen. Well, guess I HAVE to read it now. Practical and realistic? In a book? *snort* Nah, not always needed. 😉
MichelleS: R.Renee – I’m getting a kind of “Original Sinners” vibe from American Queen. Not quite the level of T. Rheisz writing, but some CRAZY stuff for sure!
Leslie M: MichelleS, YES! American Queen did have Original Sinners vibe.
- Kings of Rittenhouse – A Shameless King Prequel by Maya Hughes <— FREEBIE PREQUEL to a GIVEAWAY for the release of book #1 that I’m having next week!!!!! THEY HATE EACH OTHER!!! “Declan and Mak have been at each other’s throats since sophomore year and now it’s time for the party to end all parties for the seniors of Rittenhouse Prep. What’s the worst that could happen?”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Mister Tonight by Kendall Ryan – June 18th 2018
- Born to It: Hellions Motorcycle Club (Hellions Ride On Book 1) by Chelsea Camaron – June 18th 2018
- Ghostgirl by J.B. Salsbury – June 19th 2018
- Tattered (Lark Cove Book 1) by Denver Perry – June 19th 2018
- Rainy Day Friends: A Novel (Wildstone) by Jill Shalvis – June 19th 2018
- ELECTRIC IMPULSE: Love, Life & Sex (Book One) by Angel Hilson – June 19th 2018
- Providence: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes – June 19th 2018
Tasha: I read a review for Providence (which I was dying to read anyway) that stated “Providence, a novel for the Stranger Things audience…” and Now my resolve is already broken.
- The Date: An unputdownable psychological thriller with a breathtakding twist by Louise Jensen – June 21st 2018
- One Week by Roya Carmen – June 21st 2018
- Fixed Forever by Lauren Paige – June 25th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).