SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! Look what Amy found us!! SUPER-SALE 5-STAR AWESOMENESS ALERT (here’s my review… it’s one of my FAVORITES) and I must insist!!! God-Shaped Hole: A Novel is a must read!!! ➔➔➔➔➔➔
ALSO JUST WENT LIVE EARLY!!! Kash (Walk of Shame 2nd Generation #3) by Victoria Ashley <— He’s a male stripper but he wants to protect her and show her he’s so much more than that…
“…Slowly, I begin to work my way in and when I find out she has a son that means more to her than life itself, I want so much more than I ever could’ve f**king imagined.
I want to take care of them and show Eden what it’s like to be safe and protected.
I’m making her mine and nothing is going to stand in my way… not even him…”
HAPPY FRIDAY 😀 & HAPPY FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! It’s gonna be a GREAT reading weekend for me’ cause, okay right off the bat, this list has TWO of the three highest books on my current TBR list and I’m back to panicking again ’cause I’m too excited and want to read them all at the same time. Which ones, exactly? EASY!!!!
Riven by Lissa Del (psych thriller and I had NO idea this is one of my favorite authors… she switched up her pen name on me!!), Way Down Deep (two of my favorite authors teamed up and I am still getting awesome feedback on this!!) and of course, one of my book-twin’s HIGHLY recommended favorites that I HAVE started and am reading as we speak: The Female of the Species.
LET’S READ!!! 😀 !!!!
Take a look at what else we found for the weekend!!
- Bad Penny by Staci Hart <— STACI HART’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! And it’s super bargain priced! She won’t let her heart go but then she meets him… (and it’s the last part of this blurb snippet that made me go oooooooooooh!!!) 😉 “Resistance is something I can only hang on to for so long, and he has persistence in spades. But my heart isn’t as safe as I want to believe, and neither is his. And the second I ignore my cardinal rule is the second I stand to lose him forever.”
- The Last Guy by Ilsa Madden-Mills & Tia Louise <— NEW RELEASE!! OFFICE ROMANCE/EX-SPORTS STAR?? YES PLEASE! And it’s super-bargain priced right now! “The first rule of office romance is don’t do it–especially if your dream is to hold the anchor spot on the nightly news and your boss is trying to get you fired. But one look at Cade Hill, the sexy new sports director, and uptight reporter Rebecca Fieldstone is daydreaming about other things…“
Nicole: I finished it this morning! Loved it!
- The Alphas: Four First Loves by C.D. Reiss <—- C.D. REISS ALERT!! SERIES BUNDLE FREEBIE (for now)!!! “Meet these powerful, passionate, possessive men in this exclusive, limited time bundle from NY Times bestselling author, CD Reiss. Four full length novels will have you begging for more.” Submission, Spin, Kick & Hardball!!!
- Forbidden Bite by Cynthia Eden <— JUST WENT LIVE!!!
- The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O.: A Novel by <— RECENT RELEASE that Jan is excited about and reading as we speak!
Jan: Starting a brand new sci-fi today co-authored by one of my fav authors Neal Stephenson. It’s called The Rise and Fall of D.O.D.O. Magic is REAL!!! I’m excited! It’s Thursday already here so I’m going out on an (early) limb and doing my FLT. No, dammit. The first line on its own is pretty lame. You need the whole first paragraph:My name is Melisande Stokes and this is my story. I am writing in July 1851 (Common Era, or – let’s face it – Anno Domini) in the guest chamber of a middle-class home in Kensington, London, England. But I am not a native of this place or time. In fact, I am quite f*cking desperate to get out of here.
I dare you to read the blurb and tell me you don’t want to read this book! I’ve only read 2% of the book and I’m totally IN!
- Wolf Line: Northern Lights Edition (Granite Lake Wolves Book 5) by Vivian Arend <— JUST WENT LIVE!!!
- Vigilante by Jessica Gadziala <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! “One more scumbag off the streets. One more righting of a wrong. That was all my life was about. Until I came across her…“
- Way Down Deep by Cara McKenna & Charlotte Stein <— Back on the list again ’cause I got even MORE info on this one and it’s awesome-sounding-ness (and because two of my favorite authors co-wrote it and I’m dying to read this):
Jennifer: Omgosh! Girl….I emailed Cara. BEGGING for more. Lol I read so much smut (truth) that this was just such a change of pace for me. I literally gorged myself on every word…’twas truly one of the most beautiful books I’ve ever read.
- Captive Vow by Alta Hensley <— LIVE!!! EEEEEEP!!!! DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! She’s taken captive and made to be his wife… “I am caught in the madness of a deep obsession. Stolen away to become his perfect and dutiful wife. Trapped in a twisted and dark courtship. Forced and trained in the wifely duties of an obedient bride. I am his. Captive ever after…”
- Dear Aaron by Mariana Zapata <— MARIANA ZAPATA SUPER-SLOW BURN ALERT! Back on the list ’cause Kristy is in LOVE with this book!
Kristy: I’ve been glued to my phone reading Dear Aaron for hours. Nobody. Nobody does slow burn like Mariana Zapata. I’m only at 57% and already mourning the fact that this book will eventually end. She has become one of my absolute favorites.
- Riven by Lissa Del <— ROMANCE PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! OKAY I HAVE A SECRET!!!! I THINK I CAN TELL IT… I *think* 😉 THIS RECENT RELEASE that I featured because it sounds so good in a past new release post? I just found out it’s from one of my favorite authors (she switched up her pen name somewhat on this one). Remember my beloved book Rainfall by Melissa Delaport? This is her latest!!! GASP!!!!! She falls HEAD OVER HEELS for him but someone warns her to walk AWAY!!! “…When Sarah meets Leo Russell, an unlikely undergraduate, the attraction is instantaneous and all her best-laid plans begin to unravel. For the first time in her life, Sarah considers the fact that there may be one thing more important to her than her ambition. As her feelings for Leo grow stronger, however, so does her suspicion that all is not as it appears with the man she is falling for...”
- Endgame: An Ocean Bay standalone novel by <— HER MOTHER MARRIED HIS FATHER & HIS SON HATES HER ALERT!! “...my mother went and did the unthinkable! She only went and got herself knocked up by a man who lives on the other side of the country! Worse than getting pregnant, mom married the douche.
As if it wasn’t bad enough to uproot my entire life six weeks before senior year, Mom’s new husband, Gabe Owens, comes with baggage. A sweet stepsister, Amelia. And the b*stard of all b*stards, Rourke. Rourke is my age and doesn’t want me in his town, much less his home. He’s also hell bent on making sure I know it...” Kelli has feedback!!! 😀
Kelli: Hey guys just wanted to recommend a book I just finished, Endgame by Chloe Walsh. I couldn’t put it down. It has a YA/NA feel, the characters are in High School. Love/Hate story that I know Maryse likes lol. Seemed a little cheesy at times, maybe a little over the top
Tessa: It was? That’s one that was on my radar. Maybe that will get me past my slump. That type of Stepbrother is the type I like. No real relations and it doesn’t feel forbidden because they just met, a major jerk, and has to start a new school. *grins* Thanks Kelli!
- Torrid by Nikki Sloane <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!! Pia found us this one! “…I pretend to be his pawn. I do as he says and move where he tells me, letting him think he’s in control as I position myself for revenge. Every turn brings us closer. His grin doesn’t seem as evil when we’re alone. Behind closed doors, I welcome his unrelenting and vicious personality. He’s confessed all his secrets, but I’m holding one back and it’s a game changer. If I survive the board, this pawn turns into a queen...”
Pia: I’m a huge fan of Nikki Sloane and she released a new book yesterday – Torrid. Awesome cover and nothing but 5* reviews so far
- Camouflage (Predator and Prey Book 1) by Kate Stewart <— LATEST BY KATE STEWART IS LIVE ALERT!!! “...He wanted me submissive. I wanted to know him. But then my ghost met my skeletons...”
- The First Taste: (A Single Dad Standalone Romance) by Jessica Hawkins <— JESSICA HAWKINS ALERT! The SINGLE DAD & THE BITTERLY DIVORCED WOMAN ALERT!! P.S. It’s a freebie today! “…The inked, rough-around-the-edges bad boy left his reckless ways behind six years ago when his daughter Bell was born. When Bell’s mother walked out of their lives, Andrew vowed never to let another woman close enough to hurt them again…“
- The Man I Love (The Fish Tales Book 1) by Suanne Laqueur <— SUANNE LAQUEUR ALERT!! THIS IS ONE IF MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE BOOKS & SERIES AND… FREEBIE ALERT!! Not on Amazon, but LOOKIT WHAT R. Found us!!!
R.: Maryse! Suanne’s giving away The Man I Love for FREE on bookfunnel. Just saw it on her FB page. https://dl.bookfunnel.com/7gogqw8l6u
- Playoff Beard (Shots On Goal Standalone Series Book 5) by Kristen Hope Mazzola <— LIVE!!! HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Relentless by Karen Lynch <— Christine recommends this whole series!
Christie: If anyone likes YA/NA supernatural reads, I have really enjoyed The Relentless Series by Karen Lynch. It has a mixture of all my fav things Fae, Vampires, Werewolves, etc. Typically YA/NA isn’t my first go to but I became a fan of YA/NA when I listened to Kresley Cole’s The Arcana Chronicles.I highly recommend Audible by Amazon. I am an avid listener. I have a long commute to & from work every day and I also listen while I do housework. The matchmaker works perfectly for me, I can listen while I am up moving then switch to reading when I can settle down and relax. LOVE IT!!
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- All I Am: Drew’s Story (A This Man Novella) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – June 18th 2017
- Strong Enough by Melanie Harlow & David Romanov – June 19th 2017
- Black and Green: The Ghost Bird Series: #11 (The Academy) by C.L. Stone – June 20th 2017
- Stay by Elle Kennedy & Sarina Bowen – June 20th 2017
- Lost and Found Sisters by Jill Shalvis – June 20th 2017
- Hyde’s Absolution: Sydney Storm MC by Nina Levine – June 20th 2017
- Gone to Dust (Gravediggers Book 2) by Liliana Hart – June 20th 2017
- Revenge (A Lawless Novel) by Lexi Blake – June 20th 2017
- Salvaged: A Saints of Denver Novel by Jay Crownover – June 20th 2017
- Always You (Bachelor Brotherhood) by Denise Grover Swank – June 20th 2017
- Dangerous Minds: A Knight and Moon Novel by Janet Ivanovich – June 20th 2017
- Tycoon by Katy Evans – June 20th 2017
- The Knocked Up Plan by Lauren Blakely – June 23rd 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASEShere (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).