I read two books this week (Emerge & Jane’s Melody) and will be putting up the reviews tomorrow and Sunday (although I wrote little mini-reviews below since I do recommend both).
And THESE are this week’s reader recommendations that totally pinged my TBR radar: Pulse, Seize Me, Underestimated, Axel, Shine Not Burn, Painted Lines and The Mistaken, Lick: Stage Dive 1 (of course there are more but these give me “I want to read them now!” butterflies).
And here are all of the latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Undeclared (The Woodlands) by Jen Frederick <— oh wow! wrote to a Marine and fell in love… until his letters syopped. (thanks Aimee!!)
- Binds (Binds Series) by Rebecca Espinoza <— one of our fellow readers turned author!! Love this cover. (another fabulous Aimee “bargain-find”!).
- Knight and Play (Erotic Romance Series) by Kitty French <– I hear this one’s awesome (thanks Stephanie!), & book #2 is already out!
- Knight and Stay ((Erotic Romance Series, book 2 of 2)) by Kitty French (here’s book #2!)
- Moving Forward (Timing Is Everything) by Erika Ashby (husband died and she’s alone with her son…) – Thanks Toski! Plus!! Book #2 just came out today!
- No Going Back (Timing Is Everything) by Erika Ashby <— here’s book #2! Also bargain priced.
- Pulse (Collide Volume 2) by Gail McHugh<— topped the Amazon charts the day it came out and so far it seems EVERYONE is loving it. I will be reading ASAP, since I loved #1 so much. Here’s Amy going nuts and that kind of nuts is where I wanna go, too!! 😀 “It was absolutely mind blowing , eeeeeeeeeeep – Gavin could be my caveman any day !! This book took off from the start and never let up . I was Loving every second of it then bammmmmm outta the blue she went there and I was like that did not just happen NOOOOOOO !” My reaction —>YAY and YES!!!!!!!
- Collide (Volume 1) by Gail McHugh <— and here’s #1. WHAT A DEAL!!!!
- Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey <— my fellow readers can’t stop talking about this one! Also soon on my TBR list. Ashley says: “Cannot recommend ‘Shine Not Burn’ highly enough. It was hysterical (crazy lady laughing out loud on the subway) and was just a really great story overall.”
- The Rocker That Needs Me (The Rocker…) by Terri Anne Browning (came across this one by accident, but it’s bargain priced and lots of GREAT reviews!!)
- Seize Me (Breakneck Series) by Crystal Spears <— Sandy sold me!!! She said: “If Madeline Sheehan & Kit Rocha had a baby it would be Seize Me. Loved this one too.” – UP ON my TBR list HIGH. Like… next or second next. 😉 and Kandace agrees: “Seize me by Crystal Spears is FANTASTIC! Hot motorcyle club boys are my weakness. I’m 40% in and so much has already happened. I wish I could say more, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone!”
- Fierce by Ginger Voight <– Kelsey loves this author, and I must agree! Kelsey says: “I can’t recommend her books enough. They deal with real issues with great lovable characters who turn up again along the way in each series. I know lots of us love a good Rockstar book and Ginger does not fail to give us plenty of romance, angst ,heartbreak and laughs.”
- By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2) by Lyla Payne <— Stephanie found us this deal!
- Painted Lines by Brei Btezold <— I downloaded this sample as it was on my TBR list, but when Stephanie found it, I went and purchased it! HIGH on my TBR.
- How To Catch A Billionaire (The Full Series) by Helen Cooper <— (thanks Aimee!)
- Blood Lust (Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy: Preternaturals Book 1) by Zoe Winters <— thanks Aimee. Lots of good reviews for this one for those in the mood for a sexy paranormal read!
- The Feed (The Huntswomen Trilogy) by C.M Stunich <– wow this author has a TON of books (she seems to pop up on many of my reader recommendation lists) “A Dark Mermaid/Siren Paranormal Romance” (thanks again, Aimee!)
- Imperfectly Perfect (A Series of Imperfections) by A.E. Woodward <— looks like fun! She’s approaching 30 and determined to find the perfect love (good reviews so far!). (thanks Aimee).
- Saving Grace (Book #2 in the Mad World series) by Christine Zolendz <—first 2 books in this series. I loved #1 and still have to read #2, but after Jeannie’s comment, I need to up this ASAP: “I’m on book 2 of the Mad World series by Christine Zolendz and it is seriously good! Ripping me apart and I have no idea where it is headed. Paranormal elements, but so much angst. Both books are on sale right now for 99 cents. The first book was 4 stars for me, but the second…..even better!”
- Fall From Grace (Book #1 Mad World) by Christine Zolendz <— book #1! This is the one I read and loved a year or so ago.
- Scars and Songs (Book #3 Mad World) by Christine Zolendz <— while I’m at it, book #3 was just released a few weeks ago.
- Bet in the Dark by Rachel Higginson <– Stephanie found us this one saying: “Bet In The Dark is on SALE …!!***Has GREAT rating/reviews and is a stand alone book! :-)”
- Mafia Captive by Kitty Thomas <— one from my dark list. Very good super-dark read! Thanks Jennifer!
- Belong to You (A Cole Novel) by VI Keeland <— Marsha highly recommends this deal: “I just read the best book!!!! It’s called “Belong to You”by Vi Keeland….. Check it out ladies….it’s a good one! Also there is a sequel called Made for You. One of my favorite reads of the year!!”
- Made for You (A Cole Novel) by VI Keeland <— here’s book #2 (just released and also bargain priced!)
- Axel (Corps Security) by Harper Sloan <– another that I’m excited to read and keeps coming up!
- Emerge (Evolve Series) by S.E. Hall <— I just finished this one a day ago, and enjoyed it. First half for me, was about 3.5 stars but something about it kept me reading. I just had to know… “stuff” ;). 3.75 to 4 star towards that last quarter. But!! What an ending (that exact “part” jumped me up to a 4.5 stars in that moment). The ending ensured I wanted to move onto book #2 ASAP, alas, I have to wait. (good suggestion – thanks Toski!) – review to follow this weekend.
- Jane’s Melody by Ryan Winfield <— Another with a good but tranquil beginning for me, but that second half? Whoa! Two very deep and moving story lines going at the same time and both had me crying. Not sobbing, but definitely crying those tears that couldn’t help but escape full-on. 3.75 star to 4-star 1st half and 4.5-stars for the whole 2nd half for me. – review to follow this weekend. I highly recommend this unconventional love story!
- Inevitable (Book 1) by Angela Graham <— Whitney says: “It is an awesome NA romance ♥”
- Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff <— Kimmie says: “Reading Underestimated and I’m loving every angsty bit of it!!!”
- Fading by E.K. Blair <— Kyle brings this one back in the spotlight saying: “Sooo I fell in love with a book today….. One of the top books this year for sure…. It’s called Fading and is by E.K. Blair… It was heart wrenching, emotional, and I just couldn’t put it down!! It needs to be put on your tbr list if it isn’t already!!!”
- Real by Katy Evans <— this one rocked our worlds. Bad boy fighter!
- The Last Hour (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan- Miles <— I loved it! Nancy says: “Lots & Lots of Kleenex…” Oh YES. *sniff sniff*
- In the Stillness by Andrea Randall <— deep! Loved it, too!
- A Prior Engagement by S.L. Scott <—
- Branded (A Sinners Series) by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki (TONS of great reviews!!) Beth says: “If you liked the Hunger Games, you will love this one. Sexier, edgier…” – sounds right up my alley!
- Reaper’s Legacy (REAPERS MOTORCYCLE CLUB) by Joanna Wylde (book #2 in her sexy biker series) – PRE-ORDER only right now and on sale (Stephanie found us this saying: The Pre-Order Price has dropped …. It comes out in February of 2014!”)
- Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige — Kandace says: “Maryse. I would highly recommend adding ‘Fixed on You’ by Laurelin Paige to this weeks new release list? It was released June 24, but I think a lot of your readers would love this book. It is cliffhanger-ish!”
- While It Lasts (Sea Breeze) by Abbi Glines on sale (thanks Jami!)
- The Mistaken by Nancy S. Thompson <— Lori found it! “The Mistaken … (kidnapping again!, with a twist)”
- Catching Liam (Good Girls Don’t) by Sophia Bleu <— Lori found us this one, too! “Catching Liam … Great reviews!”
- Lick: Stage Dive 1 by Kylie Scott <— I’m putting this one on again ’cause it’s getting great reviews and I can’t wait to read it. Jennifer says: “I recently read Lick and it was awesome! Must read!”
- Friend-Zoned by Belle Aurora (I think it just had a cover change) <— Jennifer recommends this one “… am about 50% through it. I have a feeling it’s going to be a 5-star read for me!” – PLUS! Book #2 has just been released!
- Love Thy Neighbor (Friend-Zoned) by Belle Aurora
- Kiss This by Hadley Quinn <– Stephanie found us this deal! (she says: “* No cliffhanger and a HEA! More to come with other characters…”)
Thanks Marys!!! I’ve been in a reading funk lately maybe one of these will help!!
The Rocker series by Terri Anne Browning is an excellent rocker series three books are out so far and they are all great reads.
There was supposed to be an e on the end of your name oopsie..
This Man trilogy has ruined me and I have yet to get into a book. Hopefully I can find one here. Thanks!!
“If Madeline Sheehan & Kit Rocha had a baby” Love it! Sold! 🙂
Lick:Stage Dive 1 read it…!
* other bargains, rockstars, deal with the devil, vamps/ghouls/weres/…c – you get the picture and at a bargain too 😉
Emme Rollins “Dear Rockstar” .99, C M Stunich “Hell, Inc” 2.99; Carin Quinn/Taryn Elliott full novel prequel to a series “Seduced: Lost in Oblivion” 2.99; Aubrey Rose “Me, Cinderella?” was .99 now at 2.99; Heather Killough-Walden King’s series, and all a bargain, “The Goblin King” 2.99 ;
* haven’t read but paid for and in my TBR pile: H B Heinzer rockstars “Blessed Tragedy” & “Blessed Fate” each 2.99; Claire Kent “Escorted” .99
Happy reading weekend!
Oh dear, I have just had a one click frenzy…my TBR list is way out of control!
Wow, you are killing me. My problem is I seem to really like the stuff you recommend. Thanks so much I really value your opinion and saves me from reading stuff that isn’t my taste. I just love your site. Thanks
Loving all my new tbr’s … thanks Maryse!!!! I’m soo many books behind but keeping finding series from ones you’ve recc.d and can’t stop til I have the entire series read!! I’m reading The 2nd Friend Zoned now and have loved them both! Confessions of an Ali Cat is another series I’m loving as well as a few other’s . Just finished Heller and those others and am in book heaven! Thanks for your blog : ) And your fantabulous taste in books!
If you loved book 1 of the Mad World series, you HAVE to read book 2!! I thought Shane was hot in Fall from Grace, in Saving Grace he was combustible! I won’t tell you anymore, just that you have to read it!
Thanks for the mention, Maryse! SNB already got a wonderful review from one of your readers who got the book off this list. 🙂
Shine not burn is AHHMAZING!! Thankyou for the recommendation loved loved loved it!!!
Shine Not Burn was so good. At one point, I snorted so loud that it woke my dog up, and she started growling thinking that someone was in the house. Everyone should be reading this book just for the laugh-out-loud moments. GREAT read!!! I just finished reading Axel last night also, and I really enjoyed it. I can’t wait for the other books in this series. I love, love, love a growling alpha hottie!!
I read Painted Lines last night and really loved it. It’s not what I thought it would be, but an amazing story nonetheless. It continually popped up in my dreams, and I keep thinking about it today, if that tells you anything about the type of read it is. Enjoy!
Dangerous Embrace by Dana Mason is free right now on Amazon. I’m a sucker for a damsel in distress and this book had that in spades. Really enjoyed.
Lick…so frickin’ good!!! If you like Rock Star books, you will love this one. Hmmm, so many books, which one to start with next.
Maryse …Surrender by Melody Ann is free right now. Its has a super cliffhanger but 2 books to follow up are both out already!!!!!! Eeeek it has fiftish feel but NOT REALLY!!!!
Thanks for feeding my addiction, Maryse! I read A Moment by Marie
Hall this week, and it was really good – and a freebie!! It’s still on Amazon for free. I was pleasantly surprised, as most freebies are pretty bad. This one was well written, deliciously angsty and very sweet. It doesn’t have a cliffhanger. Highly recommend for a quick, free read!
Ahhhhhh. Just finished SEIZE ME and I can’t stop thinking about it. It is sooooo good. I didn’t want it to end. you MUST read it Maryse. It will be your next five star read!!!!!!
One million stars!!!!!!!
Thank you for the mention, Maryse.
And Linh – glad you liked Seize me!