SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Looks what’s on SUPER-SALE! One of my all-time favorites in the whole wide angsty-romance world! Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens (and go ahead and check out my review, you’ll see how crazy it made me. 😉
So many already listed below that look SO good. From super-sales, to brand new releases, to books that are making our fellow readers swoon like crazy… I’ve already listed a bunch! And I’ve categorized ’em in that new format I started last week so we can pick in choose depending on our mood. 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE (also includes NA, and YA, bikers, bad boys, bad guys, rock stars etc…)
- You Really Got Me (A Rock Star Romance Book 1) by Erika Kelly <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! Tracie (and crew) found us this one!!
Tracie: Maryse the girls and I just read a loved a new rockstar book. It had absolutely everything! Feels like crazy, love able characters, great angst, sexual tension so thick you need a knife, a nasty villain who you want to annihilate and the perfect boss who provides awesome comic relief. Everyone who loves rock stars should check this one out
Lori: yay Tracie!! this makes me happy, loved this book
Kandace: I’m at 70%. I agree. Tracie. I’m loving it hard
Maria: Loved Slater!!!
- The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— Recent release and Rebecka LOVED this one! “Maryse The Traveling Man was Fantastic. I young love to adult love over several summers GAH! Cliffy at the end of #1 Book #2 to be released Spring 2012. So if you don’t like hanging on the cliff wait until #2” and my friend Sherry did, too! “Just finished The Traveling Man !!So I’m love with this book. I’m still smiling :-D”
- Stepbrother, Mine (Taboo Book 1) by Mandy Lou Dowson <— JUST RELEASED TABOO ALERT!! “They were always taught that family was about more than blood, but when step-siblings Sophie Ellis and Logan Castle meet for the first time, their attraction is instantaneous. Forever trying to keep each other at arm’s length, they discover that sometimes the best laid plans fall apart, when lovers fall together.“
- Past Heaven by Laura Ward <— Michelle found us this new release (bargain priced!). “Another one I saw that looks good is Past Heaven by Laura Ward.” OH YES!!! The woman grieving the loss of her husband, and the actor playing her husband in the movie… “She is now forced to pick up the shattered pieces of her life as she faces the daunting task of raising three young children alone…” and then… “As Reynolds takes on the challenge of this new project, his world collides with that of Liz. They never expected their professional relationship to evolve into friendship, or love, but that’s exactly what happens.”
- The Procedure by Tabitha Vargo <— This looks interesting, was recently released and is bargain priced. She goes in for plastic surgery to be more like her husband’s mistresses and “I got a different kind of procedure… one that left me wanting things I shouldn’t and seeing myself in a new light. Now everything I thought I wanted doesn’t matter anymore, and Dr. Roman is all I can think about.”
- Hope Over Fear (The Over Series Book 1) by J.A. DeRouen <— Jean found us this one!
- The Five Stages of Falling in Love by Rachel Higginson <— Kandace LOVED this new release!!! “I just finished ‘Five Stages to Falling In Love’. I swear this book, GAH! It was just so beautiful. I lived every sentence! The words were visceral, touching, real and AMAZING! A true love story. I haven’t connected with a book like this in a long time. I was concerned going it would be too sad but the way this author told the story made it something special. I felt I was right there with her every step of the way. Heck, I could have been her, that’s how real it felt. Has anyone else read it? If you haven’t you should. I promise it’s a good one! I highly recommend. It gave me the same “feels” I felt when I read “After, I Do” by Taylor Jenkins Reid.“
- Landslide by Jenn Cooksey <— Samantha loved THIS new release! “Woah! Landslide was an excellent book. This is the worst book hangover I’ve had since Beautiful Disaster, Thoughtless, etc. This has one of the best written epilogues I’ve ever read and I needed tissues. The writing was great, plot was real feeling and the MC’s were both relatable. I laughed, cried and at times wanted to scream and slap someone. Perfect mix of romance, suspense, and gave me all the “feels’… It was seriously SO good and I’m a little hard to please 😉 “
- THERAPY by Kathryn Perez <— ON SUPER-SALE!!! Sherry loves it!! And AMY loves it, too! She says: “Ladies…Therapy by Kathryn Perez is GOOD!!! Some angst, some emotion, some rotten people, some sweetness, some “no freaking way”…okay, a good amount of “no freaking way.” …Let me know if any of you read it so we can have an empathy party!”
- The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough <— Remember THIS one!??? OMG TOTALLY FORBIDDEN! I actually haven’t read it but watched the series on TV as a child and was BLOWN AWAY by the crazy, angsty story. Well… the author just passed away, but if you don’t know this book yet, and love forbidden love stories, it is a MUST!
- The Beauty Series Bundle: Beauty from Pain, Beauty from Surrender, Beauty from Love by Georgia Cates <— ENTIRE series bundled at a rock-bottom price!!!! SO MANY love this series BIG time, and Annie says: “They live up to the hype- really. I loved these books. Just talking about them makes me want to go re-read them, and it hasn’t been that long! They are that good! There’s one scene, in the second book, that just ….ahhhh!, can’t tell you but you’ll probably know when you get there! It just tore at my heart!! Go read it , so we can talk about it!!“
- Fake: The Scarab Beetle Series: #3 (The Academy) by C. L. Stone <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Bait (The Wake Series Book 1) by M. Mabie <— SUPER-SALE!! *gasp*!! This one sounds A-N-G-S-T-Y!!!! That blurb… *whoo* and then here’s just a teeny part of the blurb to give you an idea: “His girlfriend knows. [The guy she’s with is a fool.] I’ll never love anyone like I love him. [She doesn’t love me enough to choose us.]”
- Mid Life Love: Complete Series Boxed Set (Books 1 & 2 ) by Whitney Gracia Williams <— Both books in the series bundled & bargain priced and Belle LOVES these! “Mid Life Love its fan-effing-tastick!! And the sequel Mid Life Love: At Last is even better.”
- Intoxicate (Explosive, #4) by Tessa Teevan <— JUST RELEASED!!! SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! “…she’s been in love with the sexy, single father for as long as she can remember. Unfortunately, she hasn’t just been friend-zoned for the past ten years. No, even worse, he’s treated her like a little sister, no matter how hard she tried to prove she could be so much more. When she agrees to spend the summer as the caregiver for his daughter, Lily, she knows it’s her last chance to finally make him take notice.“
- Deception (Deception Series Book 1) by K.A. Robinson <— Stephanie found us this SUPER-SALE book. She’s into a MUCH OLDER man… and maybe even his son! “He was every woman’s dream—rich, powerful, and charming. He made me forget the fact that he’s twenty-four years my senior. He made me feel alive, and for the first time in my life, I was content. Until I met Cooper…his son.“
- Darkest Minds, The (The Darkest Minds series Book 1) by Alexandra Bracken <— Tasha is LOVING this one! “I’m hooked on The Darkest Minds as per K.A Linde’s rec from your post yesterday. 43% in and so far love it!” and Andrea loves it, too! “Maryse just finished reading Darkest Minds book 1. I would say it is comparable to Divergent, but very different. A great read. Thanks for introducing me to this new series!! Whoohooo! So excited to start book 2.“
- Thicker than Blood by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C Riley <— Tasha also loved this one: “I had quite the hangover from Thicker Than Blood a cpl weeks ago…”
- The Beautiful Dead by Daryl Banner <— Oh this looks like fun! SUPER-bargain priced, tons of great reviews but the premise!! Wow! Everyone’s pretty much dead (zombies)? and somehow she’s re-animated and beautiful but zombie-like? I dunno, that’s what I’m getting from the blurb. And she hates her new life. “…igniting romance with a dark and brooding neighbor, she finds herself wrestling madly with a First Life she cannot remember and this Second Life she cannot accept. Not to mention the maniacal army of rotting corpses who want her dead. Again. But none of that matters in comparison to an even bigger problem. There’s a guest in her house. A rude, good-looking man on the run … a man with a heartbeat.“
PARANORMAL ROMANCE/URBAN FANTASY
- Radiance (Wraith Kings Book 1) by Grace Draven <— MichelleS found a treasure!!! She says: “Bev – you said, ” I just love a slow burn and stories that really take the time to build the relationship”… well, have I got a book for you! And Michelle. And maybe Fabi, if she’s in the right mood for it. I was searching for my next good fantasy find… and this is it. Loving it so much. It’s called Radiance, Wraith Kings Book 1. Just released. Fantastic writing. She’s a human, royalty. He’s not human, and royalty. Arranged marriage. Sounds corny, I know, but somehow this author has a fresh, original, wonderful point of view and writing style. She thinks he’s hideous. He thinks she’s hideous. Funny and sweet and unbelievably good. I laughed out loud at the wedding feast! Can’t stop thinking about this book. Yay me!”
- Viper Game (Ghostwalker Novel Book 11) by Christine Feehan <— Fabi is loving this one! “I’m reading Viper Games right now. I love this urban fantasy series. And, of course, Feehan is a master story teller giving us gut twisting action perfectly blended with heart stopping romance.”
- Sterling (Mageri Series Book 1) by Dannika Dark <— Michelle read this one and liked it, but it’s book #2 that REALLY got to her… She says about this one: “I finished Sterling MichelleS. It fell off a little for me with the Adam business but I really liked it and will start Twist tonight. It looks like they get better as far as the reviews show and I’m really intrigued with the story.“
- Twist (Mageri Series Book 2) by Dannika Dark <— THIS one however, is really exciting them…
Michelle: MichelleS I finished Twist all in one sitting last night! I could not stop and boy did I LOVE the ‘twist’. I really adore him! This part: “(Insert hottie’s name), are you alone?” His voice was just a whisper, but it unleashed a chaos in my soul. “Not anymore.” Swoony swoon I’m going right to the next book!
MichelleS: Michelle – about “Twist” – if I recall, this is where one seriously hot character is introduced??? OMG – it just gets better and better!!! THAT guy is crazy hot (does his name rhyme with Kogan?). It’s been too long…. does he call her his Raven? or something like that? oh SWOON is right!
Michelle: MichelleS, yes he is introduced in book 2 but omiiigoooddd I seriously almost combust with some of the things he says and does (calls her little raven gush)! I’m smitten – he’s exactly the type of alpha character that is perfect in my mind. I’m hooked like losing sleep hooked! I’ll be honest the first book was good not great but the second catapulted my rating. It was the intriguing premise in book 1 that pushed me on and really really glad I kept going. I’m reading this series straight through for sure…who needs sleep!
MichelleS: This is one of those series that has good installments and GREAT installments (like Black Swan and Elemental Mysteries, etc). Stick with it. It’s worth it.
Michelle: Michelle, they are addicting like that. I start reading and think well one more chapter and then I look up and I’m almost done with the book! I totally agree like I said about it getting better with each book. I again finished book 3 almost in one sitting last night and it was the best one yet. I love Finn too…really all the characters are great. A lot of you would like these books if you haven’t already read them – I know Bev, Fabi and Amy would like if not love them like I do.
- Impulse (Mageri Series Book 3) by Dannika Dark <— So while I’m here… let’s post book #3 since it was the best one yet! (Per Michelle). 😉
- Silence: Part Two of Echoes & Silence (Dark Secrets Book 6) by A.M. Hudson <— almost 600 pages!!! JUST RELEASED!
- Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound) by Jennifer Ashley <— ON SALE!!!
- Enslaved (Brides of the Kindred Book 14) by Evangeline Anderson <— COMING OUT TOMORROW and sounds like SO much fun!!! “Thrace S’ver is an unwilling slave. Drugged and bound, he is taken to the Flesh Bazaar and put up for sale to the highest bidder. But this is not the first time Thrace has been on the auction block—he has a past full of horrors he doesn’t intend to repeat. Desperate to be free, he swears he’ll kill whoever buys him. Lonnara Trin is the Captain of a merchant ship from the all female planet of Zetta Prime where sexual relations with a male are considered unnatural and wrong. She has no use for males personally, but she needs a big, muscular slave or her business will suffer—Thrace fits the bill.“
- Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue <— not bargain priced but considering how much luck I’ve been having in this category, and how this option was suggested to me after The Girl on the Train, and Sadie saying: “My sister LOVED that one! That’s on my list. Looks very good”, I’ve decided I’ll be giving this one a go, soon! The premise? He and his mother are held prisoner in a room (but he is so young and doesn’t realize that there is a world beyond the room or that they are “prisoners” in there)… “Room is home to Jack, but to Ma, it is the prison where Old Nick has held her captive for seven years. Through determination, ingenuity, and fierce motherly love, Ma has created a life for Jack. But she knows it’s not enough…not for her or for him. She devises a bold escape plan, one that relies on her young son’s bravery and a lot of luck. What she does not realize is just how unprepared she is for the plan to actually work.“
- Gone Girl: A Novel by Gillian Flynn <— I’m on a kick for books like this right now (apparently because everyone tells me since I’m loving these psych-thrillers, I need to READ this one). True? bev says: “If you have not been spoiled Gone Girl is crazy good.” (and I can assure you I have NOT been spoiled yet).
- Stay by Emily Goodwin <— Recently released, bargain priced and sounds deliciously creepy!!! “Home after her first year of college, Adeline Miller is looking forward to a stress free summer filled with reading, working on her blog, and spending time with friends. But all that changes in an instant when she is witness to something terrible, something she wasn’t supposed to see.“
- The Cellar by Natasha Preston <— CAAA-REEEEEPY sounding!! “For months Summer is trapped in a cellar with the man who took her—and three other girls: Rose, Poppy, and Violet. His perfect, pure flowers. His family. But flowers can’t survive long cut off from the sun, and time is running out…”
- Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards <— Nancy found us this one on SUPER-SALE too saying: “Been in my long Wish List & looks really creepy but good!” OH YESS!! Maybe SHE’S the stalker! “…as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing in his apartment. Somebody appears to be following him. And as misfortune and tragedy strike his friends and loved ones, Andrew is forced to confront the frightening truth…Is Charlie really the girl of his dreams – or the woman of his nightmares?”
DARK READS/DARK EROTICA (with “love stories”)
- Fear Me (Broken Love Book 1) by B.B. Reid <— This one intrigues me BIG time. He’s her bully (has been since they were kids) and he sounds like a REAL piece of work! Niki says: “Fear Me was really good!! Very intense and I was scared of the “Hero” the whole time…. it does end with a cliffhanger though! … I finished it last night and then went back and re read my favorite parts today I was scared for the heroine the whole time!! Very good!!”
- Addict (Cravings Book 1) by Rachael Orman <— RECENT release, gorgeous cover, great reviews and bargain priced! “I was lost…until him. I can’t tell you who he is, or why he does the things he’s done. All I can say is I hope one day I behave well enough to take off the blindfold and see the man who controls my addiction. My Master.“
- The Hermit by Shayne McClendon <— Nancy found out this one’s on SUPER-SALE!! I actually read it over the summer. It’s good! Creepy. “When Dr. Ryan Wallace retreats to the Alaskan wilderness to find peace with his past, the last thing he expects is to stumble across a broken woman barely clinging to life…“
PRE-ORDERS (most of these coming out NEXT WEEK!!)
- Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb <— expected release date February 10th 2015
- Beautiful Beloved (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren <— expected release date February 2nd 2015
- All of Me (Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones – expected release date February 2nd 2015
- Happenstance: A Novella Series: Part Three by Jamie McGuire – expected release date Feb 2nd 2015
- VERUM (The Nocte Trilogy Book 2) by Courtney Cole – expected release date February 2nd 2015
- Hero by Samantha Young – expected release date February 3rd 2015
- Take Me: Twelve Tales of Dark Possession by Skye Warren – expected release date February 3rd 2015
- Better When He’s Bold: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date February 3rd 2015
- The Raven by Sylvain Reynard <— expected release date February 3rd 2015
- Always Loving You: A Danvers Novel by Sydney Landon – expected release date February 3rd 2015
- Better When He’s Bold: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover <— expected release date February 3rd 2015
- Floored (Frenched Book 3) by Melanie Harlow – expected release date February 5th 2015
- Rebel: A Blood & Roses Novel by Callie Hart – expected release date February 9th 2015
- The Return: A Titan Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— Amy LOVES this series and is very excited about this upcoming release! “For those of you who loved the Covenant series right along with me…did you see the cover for The Return???? Seth!! He’ll never be Aiden but I could go for a good-sized dose of Seth. It comes out next month and starts the new Titan series (Covenant spinoff). That cover…I’m feeling like a dirty cougar right now. *snort*” (expected release February 16th 2015)
- Reclaimed: Knights Rebels MC by River Savage – February 17th 2015
- Falling For My Best Friend’s Brother by J.S. Cooper <— expected release date February 28th 2015
- Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— August 1st 2015