The first three books on this list were easy-immediate one-clicks for me. At that price, I could not resist. Plus, they were either already on my TBR list, or on it now, due to a few reader’s reactions. YAY ME!
And then… I found more. 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Also, while these “look” great (and/or have awesome reviews and recommendations), unless I have my own personal review link next to it, I likely haven’t read it myself… I just found it and wanted to share it in case it’s awesome. So if you read it, let me know if it’s awesome. LOL! 😀
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Pretty Instinct (A New Adult/Erotic Romance) by S.E. Hall <— Stephanie found us this one and it’s got a HUGE number of awesome reviews! Short, blurb but sounds intense: ““If opposites attract, then I am nothing. Because you, you are everything.” There’s no easy road traveled to such an intense sentiment, one I never dreamt I’d feel… But I also never planned on Cannon Blackwell climbing aboard my tour bus.” and Lori says: “I just finished Pretty Instinct by SE Hall, and wow! I loved every minute of it. I cried my eyes out, mostly happy tears, bittersweet tears, but I’m a mess after this book. 5 star read for sure!” and Marguerite loves it too: “Right now, I’m reading Pretty Instinct by S.E. Hall. It’s amazing! I love reading about the heroine and her brother. She is so selfless. The hero is to die for! He’s definitely an alpha but more on the softer side.”
- Away (The Keaton Series Book 1) by B.A. Wolfe <— GO ON BLIND BOOK ALERT!!! (YAY! I love when I’m told that!) Trisha found it today saying: “One of my favorite books by a debut author is on sale. book 2 is scheduled for release on October 20th. I recommend going into this one blind and be ready for an emotion journey you will not soon forget.” And Tracie agrees: “Love love loved this book!! Definitely go in blind! Can’t wait for the next book.” Kim loves it too: “This is one of my fav reads!!”
- Second Chances by H.M. Ward <— And Nancy found us this one! YESSSSSSS! I remember this blurb… “Years pass and I’m still here, but it doesn’t feel like it, not until the lawn guy, Daniel Clement, checks me out. Me. A yoga-panting, pony tailing, frumpy-butt, frizzy mommy who’s covered in whatever the baby tossed on me at lunch. Daniel’s dark eyes linger too long, as if he likes what he sees. I’m shocked and flattered, but he’s too young.“
- Pieces of Autumn by Mara Black <—- DARK READ ALERT and OMG it looooooks soooooo goooood! By that blurb, anyway. 😉 “What really happened? I walked to my fate with my eyes wide open. But before you say I deserved whatever happened to me, you should know. I was desperate. I was alone. I was afraid for my life. You would have done the same thing. I thought things couldn’t possibly get any worse. But then, I woke up in darkness, unable to move. There was only one thing I was sure of: I wasn’t alone anymore. And then I heard HIS voice…”
- Eluded by Lyra Parish <— AND ANOTHER that looks dark and creepy!! “This is your warning. If you radiate vulnerability… Well, you could be my next victim. Don’t try to hide. I’m not easily eluded.” YIKES!!!
- You Loved Me At My Darkest by Evie Harper <— AND ANOTHER!! “She is my piece of heaven in hell. I’m not letting her go.”
- Priceless (The Rothvale Legacy Book 1) by Raine Miller <— JUST RELEASED! “THIS IS A CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE SET IN THE WORLD OF BLACKSTONE AFFAIR”
- Savaged by Nacole Stayton <— JUST RELEASED! A hermit!?? “Despite years of self-imposed solitude, Niko hungers for companionship and suffers from an aching loneliness that the darkness cannot satisfy. He temporarily soothes his pain with women, hired women. Their only purpose is to service him. Easy. He didn’t expect a complication like Cambree Evans, but desperation corrupts even the most innocent.“
- Bad Son Rising by Julie A. Richman <— JUST RELEASED! Bad boy (rich boy) and super-good girl… “As their paths cross and uncross, a tale of love, agony, betrayal and growth is woven, transforming two people who’ve hidden from relationships and love.”
- The Leftover Club by Ginger Voight <— JUST RELEASED! “Even though their mothers were great friends and even shared a house, Roni was stuck squarely in the Friend Zone, unable to win Dylan’s interest like many of the girls he dated and discarded throughout high school…”
- Make Me Weak (Make Me Series Book 1) by Megan Noelle <— JUST RELEASED! From the blurb, she’s a pole dancer with a “stage name” so she doesn’t get close to anyone… “Until one dance changes everything. That’s when she sees him. From that moment desire, lust, and insatiable passion take over. Despite all of Andie’s warnings to stay away—she can’t. There are just a few problems. She doesn’t trust a single soul. He doesn’t believe in love. And he’s twice her age.“
- Enticed By You by Amy Muscat <— JUST RELEASED! “…she couldn’t wait to share the exciting news with the baby’s father and her childhood sweetheart, Keller James-who was serving at war in Afghanistan. Then a letter came from Keller shattering Peyton’s world, saying he wanted nothing more to do with her or her unborn child. Or so she thought….”
- Jag (Pandemic Sorrow Book 1) by Stevie J. Cole <— JUST RELEASED! Bad boy rock star in rehab… “I don’t know who Jag Steele is. Really, I’m living every other damn person’s dream, and all I want is reality. Roxy Slade, that girl was my reality. My brutally flawed and beautifully broken reality. And she hated everything I stood for…”
- The Suit (A Holly Springs Novel Book 1) by B.N. Toler <— JUST RELEASED! I know many here loved her book Wrecking Ball, so look what just came out! Oh fun!! City boy (John), farm girl (Edie) and he has to work on her farm for 3 months… “Edie’s grandfather made a new will before he passed leaving stipulations in order for Edie to inherit the family farm. And as if that wasn’t enough of a challenge, the suit has to work on the farm with her for three months to settle a debt he owed to her grandfather. And he’s moving in with her.”
- Wrecking Ball by B.N. Toler <— I’m hearing this’ll make us cry… Cheryl: “Finished Wrecking Ball. Well-written, multi-faceted emotional read. Dear God, I need to take a break from these emotional reads or invest in Kleenex stock ;)”
- The Vixen and the Vet by Katy Regnery <— SCARRED MILITARY MAN/HERMIT ALERT!! “…locals respect his privacy…that is, until Savannah Carmichael comes calling in a borrowed sundress with a plate of homemade brownies.” I’m bringing this one back ’cause it caught my eye a few weeks ago (BIG TIME!) and it’s got a new cover and great reviews so far. Plus, a few of our own fellow readers loved it: Carrie: “The Vixen & the Vet is one of my faves!!!” Bev: “I wouldn’t have noticed this book if not for a great blog review I read. So glad I did. I’m only 20% but .know I will finish today. The hero has been a hermit after being injured and shunned by the town only really interacting with his house keeper Mrs. Potts but agrees to let theheroine do a human interest piece on him . So far I really like both of them and am finding the story to be sweet, and flirty, andmoving to.”
- Calling Card by Ashley Suzanne <— recently released… sounds like an a$$! 😉 “Companionship only lasts as long as it takes me to leave my card on the counter as I’m leaving before she wakes up…”
- Not Quite Mine (Not Quite series) by Catherine Bybee <— this looks like fun! “…when she crosses paths with Dean Prescott—the only man she’s ever loved—at her brother’s wedding, Katie realizes there’s a gaping hole in her life. After the ceremony she gets an even bigger surprise: a baby girl left on her doorstep. Determined to keep the newborn until she learns who her mother is, Katie has her hands full and doesn’t need Dean snooping around…especially when his presence stirs feelings she thought were long gone..”
- Because She Loves Me by Mark Edwards <— on the edge of our bargain pricing… and it sounds potentially creepy!! “…as the two of them embark on an intense affair, Andrew wonders if his grasp on reality is slipping. Items go missing in his apartment. Somebody appears to be following him. And as misfortune and tragedy strike his friends and loved ones, Andrew is forced to confront the frightening truth… Is Charlie really the girl of his dreams – or the woman of his nightmares?“
- The Decimation of Mae (The Blue Butterfly Book 1) by D.H. Sidebottom <— DARK READ ALERT!! I saw this one recommended as I was scrolling down my wall!! Wow what a blurb!
- Out of Reach by Missy Johnson <— YES!! I remember this blurb. Sounds SO angsty. “My best friend was dying and I was in love with his girl.“
- I Know What Love Is by Whitney Bianca <— DARK READ ALERT! Another one I saw while scrolling on my wall. After a chance encounter in a bar one night… “I want him to pay. I want him to suffer. I want to be just as much of a monster as he is. But maybe, deep down… I want him just as much as he wants me. Maybe we deserve each other. Maybe he knows me better than I know myself. Maybe. But I know what love is, and this is not it.”
- Seeing Stars by J. Sterling
- Strangers by A.L. Parks <— Another one that’s calling me. She’s getting struggling after the death of her fiancé “She succumbs to a dark existence where loneliness, sadness and nightmares dwell; until handsome, brooding Bryce Holden walks through the door of her favorite coffee shop, wearing the same cloak of despair and grief…”
- Used (Unlovable, #1) (Unlovable Series) by Lynetta Halat <— on sale right now!! “Love. Hate. Triangle.”
- Freed (Unlovable, #2) (Unlovable Series) by Lynetta Halat <— and here’s book #2!
- Hopeful by Louise Bay <— I found while scrolling on my wall… From what I gather from the blurb, they fell head-over-heels in love, but separated for job opportunities… and for 8 years, she’s been suffering and working. “I’ve managed to piece together a reality that works for me. Until now. Now, Joel’s coming back to London. And I need to get over him before he gets over here.“
- Raced: (Reading Companion to the bestselling Driven Series) (The Driven Trilogy Book 4) by K. Bromberg <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- Melancholy (Jokers’ Wrath MC Book 2) by Bella Jewel <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- Full Disclosure (A Nice Guys Novel Book 2) by Kindle Alexander <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- Bad Things by Varian Krylov <— expected release date September 15th 2014 (DARK READ AUTHOR!!)
- As the Dawn Breaks by Erin Noelle <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- His Rebel Bride (Brothers in Arms Book 3) by Shayla Black & Shelley Bradley <— expected release date September 15th 2014
- The Certainty of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence Series Book 5) by Jessica Sorensen <— expected release date September 16th 2014
- Reasonable Doubt Full Series (Episodes 1, 2, & 3) by Whitney Gracia Williams <— expected release date September 16th 2014
- Shameless by Cherrie Lynn <— expected release date September 23rd 2014
- Relentless Rhythm (Tempest #4) by Michelle Mankin <— expected release date October 9th 2014
- Ruin (Songs of Corruption Book 2) by C.D. Reiss <— expected release date October 14th 2014
- The Salvation of Daniel (The Blue Butterfly Book 2) by D.H. Sidebottom <— expected release date October 15th 2014
I had to grab Away while on sale. I remember how much some on here liked it.
I guess from now on I need to double check for spelling and grammar errors, lol. I forget Maryse likes to pull book quotes.
I have one and a half books to read before I get to The Hook Up. Is anyone else interested in reading it? I keep seeing good things about it and now am anxious to read it.
*hands earplugs to Maryse* SQUEEEEEE!!!!!!
Today’s list is making me squeal like a teeny bopper! I was going to be good and not go one-click crazy, but screw it!! It’s my birthday and I am going to do some Kindle birthday shopping before I run out and do some mall birthday shopping. Birthday cake martinis all around tonight, ladies! 😀
Bev, I remember that one grabbing my attention…let’s see how I’m doing after Bright Side and then I might just jump into that one with ya. 😉
I always go on an ebook and iTunes spree.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Throws martinis in the air and promises not to steal any from Amy today. But only today*
Aww Amy, Happy Birthday! I would have been nicer to you today had I known! Lol! Enjoy your day!
I totally 1-clicked the first 2 also Maryse! Already read Second Chances and loved it!
Happy Birthday Amy! It’s your bday and you’ll 1-click if you want to 😀
I clicked the first two as well and agree Second Chances was great!
Bev, I’ve had a crazy productive reading week and even finished two Kleypas books you recommended, Dreaming of You and Because Your Mine. They were both fantastic and I’m instantly in lust with her books! The plots and characters are so rich!
Michelle whoa speed reader, lol.
Whoot Whoot!!! So glad you tried them and liked them.
Oh Bev those look delicious. I want Amy to have those!!!
There should be a “shots” birthday delivery service. All made up and day to shoot. 😉 like flowers, but better!
Happy, Happy Birthday Amy!!!!! 🙂
I love the birthday shots idea Maryse.
I’ve read Pretty Instincts and really liked it. Just finished Rock Addiction. It was a sweet, low-angst read.
Jag sounds good, as long as it doesn’t have a CH. Seems more angsty and more “oompf” than Rock Addiction turned out to be.
Lol, can see some one having shots delivered to the office. Good idea though. I bet a lot of people would do it.
Thank you so much, lovely ladies!! I really love you guys! *ginormous squeezy hugs to all* I am going to pick up some cake mix and make those shots, seeing as how there is no service to deliver them…yet. 😉 What a crazy good idea!
Woo-hoo!! Maryse is gonna make it rain! Rain martinis, that is. 😉 *giggle* I had to use that after I heard my hubby yell it at someone one night while he was playing a video game…right before he bit the controller in anger. Yes, bit it. My grown-a$$ hubby bit the controller.
What is everyone reading this weekend? I’ll be reading Bright Side and doing the Bright Side Challenge of attempting not to cry. 😉
Jean, you were as nice as you could be to someone who was in their front yard in the cold in jammies yelling at crows and throwing empty milk cartons at them! 😉
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!! Cheers! (virtual shot being sent your way). I won’t say the name because it might be dirty and you know I cant say those!
Since it’s your birthday, I guess I’ll pick Covenant #2 for this weekend’s read – sorry Bev – if it was your birthday I’d have picked Murder of Crows – but since Amy had that obvious sign from above that she should be reading that book I think she should pick that (the crows showed up at your house girl). See, if a big ole’ Harley showed up at my house, I’d read an MC book.
Oh Oh – Michelle has me intrigued with her Kleypas talk…..good old fashioned romance and a new author to love? Oh jeez…… biting nails.
I checked in at the WRONG blog post thread. I guess we’re here now?
Happy Birthday Amy. Clinking my wine glass to your shot glass. Note to self – wine and toothpaste do not mix.
I am reading Halfway to the Grave and just loving Bones. Next will be Hot Blooded by Kendall Grey because it was on my TBR list from a few months back and I just found it free on Kindle Unlimited.
Tracy – I LOVE Bones. Did you get to the “no panties” scene yet? Years later and that is what I remember from that book. What is wrong with me?
Happy birthday Amy! Have a ton of cake shots (and tissues) tonight!. Maybe ythe shots will help you win the challenge.
MichelleS, Lisa Kleypas is good. I read her back when regency was popular. She was one of the better regency writers. I’d make sure to always get her books when they came out back then.
Yep MichelleS – 80% in and have I’ve passed the “no panties” part “!
I LOVE no panties!!!! In books. Cat & Bones books!!!! 😉
Just finished Hopeful. I really liked the past/ present back and forth of the story and the slow build to their meeting again. Enjoyable read, just wish there had been a little more to the ending!
Now what am I reading Amy-something new or from my tbr list…I really should be good…was thinking Love in Rewind or maybe one-clicking Jag or The Suit-sounds like a different story-line * taking sip of drink while side-eyeing book dom*
God Shaped Hole is on sale right now for $2.99. It is normally $9.99. I know that’s been on your TBR list for some time. I haven’t read it yet, but I’ve been waiting for it to go on sale forever!
Up all night reading Savaged. Sooooo good! Now I’m waiting on Raced to be released. I was late to the Driven trilogy so I was able to read all 3 at once….don’t like waiting for my Colton Donovan. Hurry up & release Raced!
Sounds like some good ones! Bad Son Rising is a spinoff of the Needing Moore series. I think those should be read first. I might tackle Bad Son next. I just started The Hook Up.
Omg!!! I miss ONE Friday night and miss Amy’s bday??? *hanging head down in shame***
here…I’ll make up for it…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND AMY!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Thank you again for the birthday wishes! 😀 I went a little crazy at the MAC store because they had the Artificially Wild collection there (love Spring and Summer colors but soooo excited for Fall colors!), and I *finally* found some red peeptoe pumps with a cute little bow that almost look like the shoes on the cover of Remembering Us – not exactly the same but close enough to make me happy. And my wonderful hubby sent me flowers even though he couldn’t be here but promised me a real birthday date when he gets home. *waggling eyebrows*
*whistling* Commando, Maryse?? OHHHhhhh, you mean just in books. Okay, sure…whatever you say. *snicker* 😛
Yes…. books. Always and only in books.
So I tried the blue duo AGAIN from Bare Minerals that my husband bought me for my birthday, and I kind of look like a… er… LOL!!!! A harlot? Yeah. It’s a bit much on me, even though I did try and tone it down. I mean it’s pretty, but not anywhere near neutral-y like that gorgeous purple quad. *sigh*
Still, I’m keeping it on ’cause it’s Saturday and I’m not doing anything that requires me to look professional today. LOL!!!
Amy I want pics!!! I wish this thing allowed us to show pics. *hrmph*
Yay MichelleS!!! You made me *very* happy!! See, Cheryl? *That* is what you should be reading. Slip a little sleeping pill in your Book Dom’s drink and squirrel with the Covenant series. *giggle*
And Julie, thank you for that bit of info! I wanted to read Bad Son Rising, but I haven’t read the Moore series yet (yet another series sitting on my iPad!) and didn’t know BSR was a spinoff. I am a stickler for reading series and spinoffs in order, so that is much appreciated!! 🙂
Amy that was a great cover. I have to finish that one.
Some times I like the pretty or cute covers more than the hot covers. *Shrug*
Starting My Familiar Stranger sometime today.
A harlot? *snort* As long as you don’t look like an 80’s porn star then you’re probably okay, LOL!! That duo is gorgeous. You are so lucky that you can wear it with your eye color! I would love to try it, but blue does not go well with my shade of green eyes. At all. I’m thinking you probably need a couple more colors mixed in with the duo, maybe a gray shade and a grayish-taupe shade? AND winged liner. Definitely winged liner. Check this out for The Last Call duo ideas:
I’m not big on the bright blue on the inner corner (I use *very* light eyeshadow there to open up and brighten my eyes), but you could put it on the lower lid and blend it into the darker color with a grayish transition shade. OMG, I would have so much fun putting eye makeup on you. *giggle*
Ya know what, I might just make an Instagram account so I can show pics of my new makeup. Oh! And my nail polish. The other day I wanted to use my OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui (a beautiful kind of dusty blue!) but didn’t want it all over the nail, so I just painted the tips with it and then used tiny floral decals, and I loved it and would have loved to show you! *snort* I’m a dork. Whatever. At least I didn’t yell and throw stuff at crows today. 😉
Do you have to be a follower of someone on Instagram to see their pictures? I’d probably have like two followers…you and Cheryl. *snicker*
Aw crap…42% into Bright Side, and I’m pretty sure I know what’s going on. Suspected it after reading that super short chapter at about 10%, but now… *sigh*
Lol, Amy. I think I know what happens just from what others have said about it. Why I’m staying far far away.
Come on, Bev, join me with Bright Side!! I still have some leftover ingredients for the birthday cake martinis. 😉 OMG, they are so good! You know you wanna…
*slaps forehead* Was my comment spoilery?? If it was, Maryse, delete it!!!!
No, not spoilery at all. No one really spoiled even on Amazon.
And never going to happen.
Nothing spoilery from what I can see. 😀
Okay now I have to write the review for Uncivilized… did anyone else here finish it?
I keep picking it up and putting it down. I think I’m in a weird reading mood. Did you like Maryse?
Yeah, Fabi, well enough, ’cause it made me chuckle But I too picked it up and put it down.
I’m reading an incredible one right now, though. Intense writing, amazing internal dialogue. There was one scene just in her head that had me crying in pain… Already 5 stars for me….
Amy- what??? you’re reading Bright Side on your birthday weekend?! NOOOO!!!!
Pick something fun and smexy, especially since hubby’s not home. 🙁
Covenant huh? *Looking at Amazon*… 5 books are in that series?!!!!
I would so follow your pics of makeup/nails!! I would be a dork right with you!! 😉
I loved Vixen and the Vet. I still think it is a stupid name for the book bc it shares nothing of what the book is about. Also finished The Hook Up
and found it very good also. Good writing. And last not but least I fell in love with Without You Here,a sweet and sad story about a man who is hurting and the girl that helps fix him.
I’m in a weird reading moos too. I started Hot Blooded and it isn’t doing it for me. Not sure what I am in the mood for. I know it isn’t Bright Side though. I think I need something lighter.
Just devoured Uncivilized by Sawyer Bennett. Loved everything from the writing to the storyline and oh yeah Zach. He will definitely make you blush!! He’s very gritty and demanding and delicious and….just read it already!!!
Not gonna cry…nope…not doing it…holding up so far…
*reaching for glass of red wine*
See? Liquid courage. 😉
Decision made – Bad Things, R.K. Lilley.
See Amy, that is why I didn’t choose Bright Side. Who wants to cry in their wine? Not me!
Ooooooh, I’m so jealous, Tracy!! You get to experience Tristan and Danika for the first time! *big sigh* I’m seriously in love with that couple. You are in for a helluva ride, lady!
Call me odd (oh, just shush it, Peanut Gallery!) but I love books like BS that do this to me. They are an emotional outlet of sorts for me, and sometimes I need a good ol’ ugly cry. 😉
And by the way, ladies…the BS Challenge I had going for myself? Yeah, f&$% that. *sniffle* It started.
*reaching for stuffed manatee and wine glass*
What are you reading, Maryse?
*sniff* What?!? I’m not stalling getting back to Bright Side. *frowning* I’m not. *reaching for wine*
Maryse is a book tease.
*hugs* Poor Amy. You’re going to be all broken like the rest of us.
Amy- and so it begins…* handing boxes of tissues*
Maryse, are we supposed to guess? One of the top 3 on the list?? Maybe Away?
Hmm, I bought Away I hope it’s not a crying in pain, lol.
Though that description probably has Amy doing a happy dance.
My guess is one of the Dark Alert reads.
Maryse, I cant even begin to guess what you’re reading now.
I’m thinking of going back to Crazy Good or starting My Familiar Stranger. Covenant is calling my name too but I put my earplugs in ’cause its on wish list not tbr. Gotta work on that tbr.
I can’t say just yet. Lately I get too excited and then things change… I’ll let y’all in shortly. 😉
Nope it’s on a list from last week or the week before…
Oohhh I have several I added to my tbr from those lists. I wonder if I already have it. 🙂
I ended up starting My Familiar Stranger. Love it so far. It started with a bang. Was it MichelleS who recommended this one? I guess I was still in the mood for fantasy after Written in Red cause this one is sitting better with my reading mood.
Fabi – I didn’t make it to the end of Uncivilized. Nothing was happening except the sex, of course. I just needed more….
Never read Crazy Good – I’ve never been into the military man angle.
So, between My Familiar Stranger or Covenant. Well, both are series… but, you know what I’m going to say. I just love the Knights of the Black Swan series so much, so I am totally biased. I am reading Covenant #2 this weekend, though, and liking this series so far. Tough choice. I think the characters in Black Swan will stay with you longer.
Maryse, you tease. Keeping a 5-star read to yourself while we flounder our way through mediocrity.
The last thing I am doing is a happy dance right now, even *with* that description, Bev. I was doing okay this morning until this song popped up on my playlist:
*sob* Oh, my heart. *sniffle* My stuffed manatee is gonna need another bath.
*accepting tissues from Cheryl and hugs from Tessa*
I am 50% into Away….good so far. It has that Edge of Never feel to it, except no bus trip! Hot cowboy though!!!
Maryse, you are killing me…. what the heck are you reading????
And Maryse? Yeah, I didn’t want to know what you were reading anyway, you book tease. 😛 *snort-sniff*
Amy glad to hear you lost the BS crying challenge… Now I don’t have to read it! Lol!
Finished reading Love in Rewind. Had trouble with how quickly they fell in love and his over-the-top love for her, but as the story progressed towards the present day “issue” it got better. I know what the author means by interconnected standalone now. The main storyline concluded, but there was an unfinished issue at the end- what Amy would call a cliffhanger. 🙂
Maryse- waiting to hear if your read is still 5-stars because I can’t decide what my next read will be. 😉
Amy- can I have my tissues back? * that song, sniffle, sob*
Cheryl …..um……eww….I’ll give you a clean one, lol.
Michelle S I think you dropped me into the middle of a triangle.:-\. Someone will be sad and I think I know who.
Maryse just posted another list. One on the list I have so…..
May read two at once today. Quiet day today.
Jean! I’ve missed you around here and luffs ya but you are a BRAT!!!! 😛
Here, Cheryl. *handing tissue box back* I think there are a few left. I’m just gonna use my pajama shirt if I need to ’cause I’m pretty sure I’m not all cried out yet, and my little manatee is soggy, so…there’s that. And I’m turning off my ipod. How the fricken frack did I end up with so many emotional songs on that thing?!?
So, Bev, what is it that you are reading with a triangle?
Amy, it’s My Familiar Stranger. It’s one of Michelle S ‘s badger books.
Michelle S the part when she switches seats to look at his ears is cute. Love those little sweet moments in books.
Oh Bev! I started My Familar Stranger. Having a hard time staying away from it to do anything else today.
Bev – LOVE LOVE LOVE when she touches his elf-ears!!! Was that the “chocolate” scene? Because I loved that too. I just love everything. Couldn’t figure what, if any, was OUR freaking universe! You know? And yes, there is definitely a little love-triangle in book one. But you pick a side after a short while. I’m team Ram all the way, obviously. This is like my own WiR – I am dying to know if you like it and be gentle if you don’t.
Fabi – you don’t need to do anything else except read this book so I can be done with my badgering. I won’t ever mention Rammel Hawking again, I swear (unless the topic is who is the hottest male in a PNR book). 🙂
Michelle I’m at the beginning so it’s all about Storm and Elora. I was just having a piece of cake (or two) in celebration of Amy’s bday. 🙂 and I kept thinking the book is finger licking good. lol The Cowboys are playing in the brackground and I have this annoying hum in the back of my head about all the things I should be doing today. But that’s what a good book does, puts life in the background and draws you in to the fictional world that fascinates.
Oh the chocolate scene and the elf ears…might have to reread that one 🙂 I need to read that newest book in this series since it’s been on my tbr list for a while. Are Elora and Ram in it MichelleS? I’m partial to their stories, can’t help it.
I’m at the ears and chocolate scene. 25%. WHY is she making goo goo eyes at *spoiler*?! (Someone else) has been (with) her this whole time. How can you just change the story 25% in? Or is it changing? I’d have to say it is, from y’alls comments. Grrr not happy with this turn. MichelleS I’m holding you responsible if I end up in a triangle. Don’t like those. Didn’t like it in freakin Twilight.
Yes it was the first time she ate chocolate scene. It kind of reminded me of when Daemon Sadi first sees baby Jaenelle’s pointed ears. Absolutely different context but love that scene.
I’m trying to imagine how strong Elora is physically. That is definitely different in the h/h aspect, that she could so easily break him, lol.
Fabi – there IS a triangle but it all works out and everyone is happy with the result – I promise!!!!
Michelle – I loved the last two books in this series (#5 in this series was greatness!)…. I’m pretty sure Elora and Ram make appearances, they usually do, along with Glendennon and Rosie, I think…. it’s been a while, and she tends to tell a bunch of stories at all once!
Would it not be hilarious if Henner the farmer turned out to be a 5 star read? I’ll squeal like a pig! ha!
All that chocolate and elf ear talk made me itchy to be part of that world so that’s what is open on my Kindle so I could re-discover it with you. Still love it.
what about the “toothpick” scene? Gotta admit that was hilarious! She is so bad-a$$!!
@Fabi LMAO Right!?! I was like wth? I guess should of expected it with Michelle S’ love for him.
yeah, sure, it turned out alright in Twilight too, or so they say *walks away grumbling*. Starting to consider going back to strictly sci fi. I don’t know if I can handle this romance genre. I know this one is considered fantasy. But still…
There are some that were 5 star for me. Beautiful Disaster, Surviving Raine, Maybe Someday. There were more 4 star ones than I can name. But lately, I’m starting to worry every time I start a book whether it’s going to make me cry. I’ve been scarred (scared) for life. hahaha
I don’t watch chick flicks for this same reason. No matter what, they always make me cry. Happy cry, sad cry, angry cry – it all ends with a wet face and stuffy nose – no thank you.
Speaking of Twilight…when Eclipse first came out in theaters, a really good friend of mine went to see it with another friend in the middle of the day during the week, so it was mostly young and middle-aged women in there (figure all the teens and tweens were in school). Anyways, when Jacob showed up on the screen shirtless, all the women started cheering and whistling and then one lady yelled out, “He’s jailbait!”
The response from another woman: “I’d go to jail for that!” LOL!!!!!!
That was Twilight talk so it was technically book-related talk. 😛
Amy that is hilarious!!! ROTFLMBO
I was lucky enough to have a young daughter to go see those with. I remember how annoying the teeny bopper screams were. I’m still trying to figure out if they knew what they were screaming for. Ha!
Oh Daemon Sadi another fav for me – you’ve read all of Bishop then Bev.
Fabi the triangle in MFS upset me too at first but it does end up ok and it’s actually an interesting triangle and I think serves a purpose within the story.
MichelleS I just looked and the one I need to read is book 7 Solomon’s Sieve. I agree all the odd numbers are my favorite for some reason, books 1, 3, 5, so maybe this new one needs to move up on my list. I wonder how many books she plans for the series?
Remember? Necrophilia or bestiality. 😛
Yes, omg, I was dying laughing when I first saw that comment.
Fabi it’s not my favorite trope either and yet I liked (a lot) Maybe Someday too. Heart of the West by Penelope Williamson is another that, well flirts with . triangle that I just love. Her The Outsider is ♥♥♥♥♥♥ for me too.
Ok going to leave Elora for a bit, just a bit, to test the waters with Worth the Fall.
Can I just say how much I like the idea of Every Thing You Always Wanted To Know About Elves, But Were Afraid To Ask.
Ok, I’m going to continue being lazy and read this book. It IS hard to put down.
Anybody read Twist Me by Anna Zaires? I’m browsing around on the deals for today and noticed it. Also see an interesting looking freebie, A More Derserving Blackness. It’s hard to find worthwhile freebies like MFS but this one is intriguing.
Obviously Nora Roberts Dark Witch is not doing it for me if I’m looking for something else. It started out good but took a nose dive meh. I will finish it though since that’s a rule for me to never dnf on a book.
Another omg for me… MichelleS I could kiss you (or at least hug you)
Elora is tough, strong AND plays the guitar. I just found my first heroine crush.
Y’all see why I can’t handle the heavy duty emotional roller coaster reads? I spazz with any little thing. (In books!)
Michelle a lot of them. I’ve only read one from her Ephemera series.
Try to ask this without spoilers. How did you like the turn Twighlights Dream took with the story. I was ok with it, actually enjoyed it and would like to see more. Really want to see feelings for one of them are true and strong.
Micelle – did you read the Mageri series? that was good one…… if Nora’s not doing it for you….
Bev – so many had mixed feeling with that (trying to give nothing away so continuing vaguely) but I was upset for the longest time! After ruminating on it I actually like that Bishop told a story that breaks the HEA mold but still was satisfying in the larger picture at least for me. Like The Others series, I just think she is a completely original and unique voice in the fantasy/pnr realm.
MichelleS, I have the Mageri series at the top of my tbr pile but I hesitated since I only have the first three books and I’m pretty sure I will love it if we both liked MFS and WiR and then have to buy all the books. I already want to finish the Covenant series so having two partial series started seemed like it would drive me insane. After the Covenant series though that’s going to be my next one for sure.
Yup, it’s official. My first girl crush. Elora can fight…like real, will kick your butt, fight. Oh shoot, are these spoilers? I never know when I may be sharing too much about a book others haven’t read.
Elora is awesome…a different kind of awesome from the Meg but both are in their own ‘special’ categories right 😉
Bev, you’ll have to update with how Worth the Fall is – curious about that one but didnt 1-click yet. Oh actually isn’t Maryse reading that one now too?
Fabi I don’t think those are spoilers. I’m never sure either. But I think how you are feeling about the book or characteristics of the characters is ok. At least I think so.
Michelle I can’t think of any pnr off the top of my head. And we have probably read the same things. But if looking for a new read I’m liking the feel of Worth the Fall. Only 12% but just really enjoying it.
Oh, and still happy you liked LK, lol.
I didn’t like LK, I loved her! I haven’t read anything regency in the longest time and sometimes a complete change in genre is so refreshing. My library has tons of her books too so I have a list for more (Where Dreams Begin and Suddenly You are my next two I think). I’m still in the mood for PNR so I think I’m shelling out for the rest of the Covenant series books…I blame you Nora Roberts for making me resort to this!
Now I’m thinking of Derek Craven….mmmm ok need to focus
Bev and Michelle, are you guys still referring to the Knights of Black Swan series? Because a book having a twist or turn that is upsetting is something I relish. Yes, I like getting worked up like that over a book. 😉
Hmm no Amy I think you are referring to what we were trying to covertly say about the Black Jewels series. It’s another Anne Bishop series and soo good. You finished WiR right? Now you can understand the Bishop love we have going on!
Derek Craven !!! The glasses scene?♥ And when his “cockney shows”? When I read that book I could totally understand why he topped so many favorite lists.
I used to devour .NR.
One pnr series I really liked was the Aisling Grey series. Loved her side kick Jim.
Okay, I’m going to look that series up, too.
OMG…when his “cockney shows” <——– 😯 BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Is that what their junk is called in that book????? LOL!!!!!!!!
Oh and loved Maddy as a heroine. She held her own with Logan. Logan’s brother had his story as a short story in an anthology. Nice little story.
Alright done with my LK gushing.
Amy yeah talking of the Black Jewels series. You crack me up.
Hmm so if want Amy to read a book just tell her how upsetting the book was, lol.
But yes that is exactly what it means….and..uh.. It’ll make you cry and um throw your ipad. Grr still haven’t forgiven the author. Read it, read it now.
Oh the glasses were so sweet and the walk in the garden scene where he just grabs her – I literally did the embarrassing girly giggle quite a few times during the book. NR seriously love a lot of her stuff but I dunno about this one…it feels like a rehash and a little contrived…but I will finish and maybe the nose dive will recover who knows?
HAHA Amy good lord how did I foresee this comment when Bev typed that!
Amy just gave me the “girly giggles”.
Derek Craven and his cockney is from Lisa Kleypas’ Dreaming of You. But seriously Amy if you like the swoon in romance give it a shot.
Now off to actually read a book.
Amy didn’t you just come off of Bright Side and that wasn’t upsetting enough for you geez!?
BS wasn’t upsetting…it completely pulverized my heart then continued to beat the sh!t out of me when that wasn’t enough. Omg, I was driving earlier and had XM radio on (NO ipod playlists allowed for a couple of days), and guess what came on? Mr. Bright Side!! %$&#ing really????? I can’t win today.
Anyways, this sounds like a different kind of upsetting, so it’s on!!!
And you nailed it, Bev! That’s all I need to hear about a book and I. Am. In.
So it was upsetting 2.0 for you…
The Black Jewels series is a total time commitment just fyi and you need to read the trilogy first. It took me a while to get through them since the world building is much more complex than WiR.
Amy, I Di not want to turn you off them, because they are really great. But there are 3 books about the main characters (the ones Michelle and I were talking about) and a few others set in the world.
And the twist is actually just a short story in an anthology of stories about the world.
Michelle did you read Shadow Queen, think that’s the title. I really enjoyed that one.
Here’s the recommended reading order from Bishop’s website:
Daughter of the Blood (Book 1)
Heir to the Shadows (Book 2)
Queen of the Darkness (Book 3)
The Invisible Ring*
Dreams Made Flesh
The Shadow Queen**
Shalador’s Lady** (sequel to The Shadow Queen)
*The Invisible Ring is a standalone novel which could be read before or after the trilogy.
**The characters in The Shadow Queen and Shalador’s Lady are connected to the main characters in The Invisible Ring.
Yep Bev read them all and love them all…if she writes it, I will read it basically.
I’m reading Away and I’m starting to get a little anxious over here. I”m at 40%, AND I went in blind so now I’m like “what is going to happen?” This torture. The best kind.