BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! My latest review (and reaction video) is up!! ➜ Book Review – Paper Princess by Erin Watt
<— Good morning my fellow Outlander fans/Jamie is the hottest book-man alive fans. Look what just went LIVE!!! And even though it’s about Jamie… it’s can be read as a standalone!!
“A young Jamie Fraser learns what it really means to become a man in this Outlander prequel novella. Featuring all the trademark suspense, adventure, and history of Diana Gabaldon’s #1 bestselling novels and the Starz original series, Virgins is now available for the first time as a standalone ebook.”
Plus!! There are more below… and then the recommendations. 😉 In fact!!! Like this HUGE favorite from Kristen Ashley (Law Man (The Dream Man Series Book 3) and it’s super-bargain priced right now!!!! She has a HUGE honking, pining crush on her cop-neighbor… this one made SO many swoon.
Anna: I love Mitch Lawson (of Law Man fame) a whole lot! The whole Dream Man series is awesome, but Mitch was one of my favorite hot guys in this series. Plus this whole story is just really great and touching.
Jean: Curled up on my couch today reading Kristen Ashley’s Law Man falling in love with Mitch Lawson…..ahhhhh!!! Love it!
Erika: My Favorite book boyfriend has to be Mitch Lawson from Law Man by Kristen Ashley.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Virgins: An Outlander Novella (Kindle Single) by Diana Gabaldon (and here is the Outlander Series Reading Order)
- Journey Man (Knights of Black Swan Book 9) by Victoria Danann
- Impact (The Fight for Life Series Book 2) by K.A. Sterritt <— FIGHTER ALERT but it’s not a standalone (#1 needs to be read first)
- Men & Women Can’t Be Friends: A Novel by Elle Kelly <— NEW AUTHOR & A FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!!! She wrote a book about her bad “friends-with-benefits” experiences and now a Hollywood Heartthrob is wanting to use her book to direct a movie… “In the interest of self preservation, you’d think that I’d try and avoid getting to know the man behind the larger than life persona; especially after I found out the real reason why he wanted to use my book as his directorial debut. But since befriending a man basically turns a woman into a masochist, I didn’t and now my life is a total $#!T show.“
- The After of Us: A Judge Me Not Spin-off Novel by S.R. Grey <— HE SUDDENLY FINDS OUT HE’S A FATHER ALERT! “…when an unexpected guest shows up at his farewell party, all Will’s dreams are smashed to pieces. Suddenly, he’s taking a crash course in how to be a father to the five-year-old daughter he never knew existed…” and it CAN be read as a standalone!
- Living With Regret by Riann C. Miller <— HE BROKE HER HEART & THEN HE LOST HIS MEMORY and thought they were still together… “After Chase Adams broke my heart, my life moved forward, even though the light I once felt had extinguished. Then I received an unexpected phone call that changed everything…”
- Black Dust by Lynn Charles <— M/M ROMANCE SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE “As they explore their renewed relationship, the two men face old hurts and the new challenges of a long-distance romance…”
- When We Were Us (Keeping Score Book 1) by Tawdra Kandle <— TRIO OF BEST FRIENDS SINCE CHILDHOOD & UNREQUITED LOVE ’cause she’s in love with one, and the other is in love with her… “What used to be so simple is suddenly messy and complicated. Leo is all I’ve ever wanted, but even if I had the chance to be with him, how would Nate would handle it?”
- Canada Square (Love in London Book 3) by Carrie Elks <— OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT and it CAN be read as a standalone! He’s her new boss!! “Fighting against the inevitable, they both try to ignore the attraction, but the flame of desire is too bright. They’re soon drawn into a steamy love affair that they have to hide from everybody, knowing the revelation could cost them everything they’ve worked so hard for, as well as each other…“
- The Real Thing by Tina Ann Forkner <— SHE BECOMES A RODEO CHAMPION’S SECOND WIFE ALERT! And he has two children and… “Manda’s desire of being a rodeo cowboy’s wife begins to take second place as she works to reinvent a life for herself and new family, but when mysterious phone calls from Keith’s missing ex-wife dredge up the past, Manda finds her marriage and family in an unusual and heart wrenching dilemma…“
- The Silent Series: Volume 1 (Box Set) by N. E. Henderson <— A two story set bundled and complete and super-bargain priced! I think it’s a series “duet”.
- Sugar Rush by Tracey Ward <— Cheryl found us this one! “Sugar Rush by Tracey Ward was released today. I read the previous book Rookie Mistake. NFL players- Each book in the Offensive Line series is a STANDALONE following a different player every time.”
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Beast: A Novel of the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward <— RHAGE IS BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Grey is FLIPPING OUT!!!!
Fabi: Grey – from The Beast??? no way
Grey: *Nods and sniffles incoherently* I need all the feels-healers for this one. I can say that there has been a whole lot of Brother Vishous so far who is my very favorite of all of the BDB…. So there is that. (I had to put kindle down and walk away.)
Tessa: *grabs Manny again and hands him to Grey* *puts up a blankie fort* It’s gotta be bad to have that reaction.
Grey: I love J.R. Ward, my 5 minute break is over, I drank my drink, I’ve got Manny and I’m in the blankie fort…I may or may not have a bottle or two of wine and chocolate with me, just in case LOL!
Jean: Wow, Grey’s reaction to The Beast is a little scary and upsetting. I gotta catch up on that series asap!
Amy: *peeks in on Grey in the blankie fort and gives thumbs up* Looks like you’re good to go. Man, all of that from The Beast?? I wish I wasn’t so far behind on the BDB series. 😕
Ela: I need to tackle the Beast, and now I’m kinda scared after reading Grey’s reactions!
Maryse: And…. I’m extra excited after reading Grey’s reactions. LOL! 😛
- Dark Notes by Pam Godwin <— STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT and Donna is LOVING it and I’m planning on jumping into this one tonight. 😀
“Hi Maryse! I’m about 60% into Dark Notes by Pam Goodwin and I am loving it. Alpha and gritty and emotional!
Love the heroine and enjoying being inside both of their minds with the dual POV.”
- Sweetest Sin: A Forbidden Priest Romance by Sosie Frost <— TABOO ALERT and Cristina is reading it and enjoying it! She says:
Cristina: I randomly picked a book off my TBR list entitled, “Sweetest Sin” by Sosie Frost. So in honor of first line Thursday, here is the first line: “Forgive me, Father… We can’t do this anymore.” Oh yes! …I’m about 46% in and it’s pretty damn good! We’ll see.. I’m about to dive back in now!
Jeanie: Ohhhhhh! Sweetest Sin was soooo good. It’s my fave guilty pleasure of 2016. I was shocked stupid but not because of the taboo nature of the story. The writing was really well done. And there were definitely a lot of “Whaaaaat????” “No!!!!” “Eeeep!” moments for sure.
Cristina: Yes Jeanie, Sweetest Sin is definitely packed with all kinds of those moments! I grew up Catholic, went to a Catholic school, went to Mass three times a week, went to weekly confession, etc., so I’m like “WHAAAAT?!” “EEK!!’” *gasps* This book is seriously taboo and ridiculously HOT! I’m 64% in and at the altar scene. EEK!! I haven’t been a practicing Catholic for quite some time now, and even I’m wanting to grab my Grandmother’s rosary and pray for them! I find myself wanting to creep into a corner to make sure no one is watching me read because it feels so forbidden! I’m thinking, “Can the Man upstairs see me reading this?” I feel like I could be smited! LOL… Thus far, this book has definitely been my guiltiest pleasure of 2016.
I just love it when I pick out a random book and it turns out to be AWESOME!! *twirls with Kindle in hand* *then ducks and prays, “Hail Mary…”*
- Bird Box: A Novel by by Josh Malerman <— GREAT HORROR STORY and Jean just found it for us on super-sale!! “Bird Box is on sale… today! Loved that book…. totally unforgettable!” AGREED!!! In fact, here’s my review!
- Easy Virtue by Mia Asher <— Melinda loved this “duet”!!
“I just finished last night Easy Virtue and then followed with Sweetest Venom (Virtue Series Book 2) by Mia Asher. Sooooo So So Good. best book this year has everything heaps of feeling and lots of Angst. Has a similar feel of Tristan and Danika. Especially through the second book. Keeps your emotions on tender hooks right until the end. Give it a try you won’t be disappointed. Book 1 is cliff hanger so lucky I didn’t start until book 2 came out.”
- The Sinners on Tour Boxed Set by Olivia Cunning <— Jean is hooked on this “oldie but goodie!” rock star series that set SO many of us off!
Jean: I am loving these rockstars! They are each so unique, not just in their personalities, but their sexuality. Loving this series! Can’t put it down!
MichelleS: I, too, loved the Sinners on Tour. It was my first ever Rock Star read – and it was also the first review I ever read of Maryse’s. LOL. Yup….
Maryse: MichelleS!!! #1 in the Sinners on Tour was my VERY FIRST contemporary romance read (and sort of indie, too). I was strictly paranormal for years, and needed a change, and that one was free, so I downloaded it, read it, FELT IT, freaked out and continued to devour one after the other in the “bad boy” genre (mostly all indie since that one).
Renee: Jean I read the first one after I’d read something Maryse said about it being explicitly jaw dropping (summarizing there). I’ll admit it, I was curious My husband was a huge Dimebag fan, so he got a kick out of the dedication. I on the other hand struggled not to picture him as Brian! No thanks! I was surprised how much I liked it! Good to know you are enjoying the rest of them since I have the whole set. I usually don’t like series that leap from one protagonist to the next, but maybe I should give it a try!
Fabi: *throws hands up in defeat* I give in. I’m getting the boxed set of The Sinners on Tour series. It seems like everyone but me has read (and loved) them so I’m diving into 5 books at once on your recommendations. *wiggling with excitement* I want to start this series this weekend.
Jean: You’ll love the Sinners series. I have not gone through a series back to back like this for a long time and I’m loving it!
- The Runaway Family by Diney Costeloe <— ALONE WITH HER KIDS AGAINST THE NAZIS ALERT! “When Ruth Friedman’s husband is arrested by the SS, she is left to fend for herself and her four children. She alone stands as their shield against the Nazis…” Super-bargain priced today!
- Broken Juliet (The Starcrossed Series) by Leisa Rayven <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED and SO many loved this “duet”
Jean: Just finished Broken Juliet…..sigh…..loved it more than Bad Romeo but both were great! I cried a lot in the 2nd book….so many feels!
Antonella: Totally agree with Bad Romeo/Broken Juliet by Leisa Rayven, the angst in that book was off the Richter scale and you just could not put the book down.
- Seven Years (Seven Series Book 1) by Dannika Dark <— MUCH LOVED SHIFTER SERIES! Jan130 recommends this series (and book #1 is super-bargain priced!!) She says: “Mmm. One Second (Seven Series Book 7) by Dannika Dark is out at last. Hooray. It’s tucked away in Paranormals at No. 12. Final book in the Seven series. A good strong well-written series if you like shifters/ werewolves. This series is an original take on werewolves, with interesting characters, some nice romance, some suspense and adventure. (Nice cover too …) I’m ready to jump back into that world right now with One Second. (Where’s my coffee and chocolate biccies?)”
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
- Existence by Abbi Glines <— Fabi is one of our audiobook enthusiasts, and she is loving this one! “Tessa, was it you who recommended Existence by Abbi Glines? I’m listening to it right now and I love it!”
- Fighting Silence: On the Ropes, Book 1 by Aly Martinez <— Fabi: “I’m reading/listening Fighting Silence by Aly Martinez right now and it is really great. It’s also a 3 book series but each is a stand alone with different characters.”
- The Lead Cloak: The Lattice Trilogy, Book 1 by Erik Hanberg <— Fabi is also enjoying this one! “The Lead Cloak by Erik Hanberg in Audible with a great narrator. It’s about a society that has developed a Internet of sorts that allows people to jump into others’ minds, past and present, and live vicariously through them. No privacy! Not even in thoughts.”
- Naked in Death: In Death, Book 1 by J.D. Robb <— Belinda loves THIS series (actually it seems everyone who reads it, does!) “This is by far one the best series of books I have read. I started with the Kindle books and now have the Audio books. Anxiously await each new book, it’s like Christmas morning with each one. Have recommends this series to all my friends and family. Even have my husband hooked on this series. We love listening to them together. Makes “our time” more special.”
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- The Player and the Pixie (Rugby Book 2) by Penny Reid – April 12th 2016
- The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – April 11th 2016
- Once Upon A Dream by Mary Balogh – April 12th 2016
- Listen To Me: A Fusion Novel by Kristen Proby – April 12th 2016
- Forever Rockers (The Rocker…Series Book 12) by Terri Anne Browning – April 12th 2016
- Rogue Belador: Belador book 7 by Dianna Love – April 12th 2016
- The Player (The Game Maker Series) by Kresley Cole – April 12th 2016
- The Obsession by Nora Roberts – April 12th 2016
- The Randy Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn – April 12th 2016
- Bitter Blood (Blood and Moonlight Book 3) by Cynthia Eden – April 12th 2016
- Devoted: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake – April 12th 2016
- HUSH (Black Lotus #3) (The Black Lotus Series) by E.K. Blair – April 12th 2016
- Wed to a SEAL: Hot SEALs by Cat Johnson – April 12th 2016
- Resist (Spontagio Family) by Missy Johnson – April 12th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).