UPDATE!! My latest review is up! ➜ Book Review – Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
Great looking new releases (especially one of the fighter books – UFC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION sounds right up my alley!! Tee hee!!) but also, quite a few of our favorite authors (even some traditionally published) have HUGE sales going on right now!!! So I made a list. This Friday promises to lead into a great reading-weekend.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Thin (A New Adult Contemporary Romance) (Sharing Spaces Book 3) by Alicia Michaels <— SHE HAS AN EATING DISORDER “A girl with a Type A personality, Kinsley never thought her life would come to this—dumped by her college sweetheart, flunking most of her classes, caught between bickering parents on the brink of divorce, and spiraling out of control as the dangerous habits of her disorder destroy her health and friendships…”
- Unbreakable: Heart of Stone Series #7 by K.M. Scott <— SERIES FINALE!!! “The final book in the Heart of Stone series…”
- Fearless For Love (Lovelly Series Book 3) by Clara Stone <— HE’S AN UNDERGROUND FIGHTER ALERT! “…when Harrington’s efforts to save his friend bring him to the very town Jessica escaped to, they’ll find their paths crossing in a classic case of being in the right place at the right time…” and it reads as a standalone…
- The Imperfect Series Three Book Bundle by Mary Frame <— SHE’S A BIOLOGIST BUT DOESN’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT PEOPLE (and emotions and all that messy stuff)… “Enter Jensen Walker, Lucy’s neighbor and the one person she finds appealing. Jensen’s life is the stuff of campus legend, messy, emotional, and complicated. Basically, the perfect starting point for Lucy’s study…”
- A Family Affair: The Wish, Truth in Lies, Book 9 by Mary Campisi
- Outer Core: (Stark, #3) by Sigal Ehrlich
- Jase (Kings of Korruption MC Book 3) by Geri Glenn <— SINGLE MOM & A BAD-BOY BIKER ALERT! “…His interest is kind of flattering in the beginning – and then it’s not…”
- IRISH: a Bad Boy Fighter Romance by Olivia Long <— A BARTENDER & THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD ALERT! “When his multi million dollar sponsorship deal hinges on him settling down and getting married, he’s at a loss to find the perfect woman…”
- I’m Keeping You by Jane Lark <— SOUNDS RIGHT UP OUR ROMANCE-ANGST/LOVE TRIANGLE ALLEY BUT!!! Must read book #1 first (“The sequel to the US bestselling NA romance, I Found You“)
- Calico by Callie Hart <— HER FATHER MADE HER LIFE A LIVING HELL, BUT “HE” HELPED HER… “Callan was the glue that held me together when everything else was falling apart. He was my savior. He was there for me whenever I needed him… Until he wasn’t…” Sunny found us this one! “This released Tuesday. Reviews are looking great! I loved her Blood and Roses series!”
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Wedding Contract (A Ferro Family Novel) by H.M. Ward <— SHE’S STUCK SHARING A JOB (AND A HOTEL ROOM) with someone she hates! “I find myself wearing nothing but a smile when the person I hate most walks through the hotel room door. Nick Ferro. Two adversaries, shooting one wedding and sharing one room for one week. What could possibly go wrong?” And it’s super-bargain priced today!! 😀
- Vampire in Paradise: A Deadly Angels Book by Sandra Hill <— HER SICK DAUGHTER & VAMPIRE DOCTOR ALERT! Ooooh this sounds like fun!! “Could this too-hot-to-resist Viking doctor be an angel of some sort sent to bring a miracle for her daughter? Or is he just a vampire bent on breaking Marisa’s heart?” And it’s super-bargain priced today!
- Ash (Hive Trilogy Book 1) by Leia Stone & Jaymin Eve <— RARE VAMPIRE ALERT, & SHE’S GOT TO FIGHT TO BE ALLOWED TO LIVE THERE... “It all started when infected bats bit a small group of humans and created what are now called vampires. Then, the male vampires knocked up some female humans and the result was a gorgeous race of all male ash. Superhuman freaks that had looks to kill. Charlie is the first female ash, aka unicorn of the Hive – the gated compound in Portland that the humans have designated to isolate vampires and ash from society. Problem? The Hive is full and only a select few will be allowed to live there...”
Tessa: I remember Ash! That one is proof of too many books. I really liked it, and thought it was so different. Thanks for the reminder! Now gonna look up the second book.
- Men of the Otherworld: A Collection of Otherworld Tales (The Otherworld Series Book 1) by Kelley Armstrong <— KELLEY ARMSTRONG WEREWOLF/SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! “As a curious six-year-old, Clayton didn’t resist the bite—he asked for it. But surviving as a lone child-werewolf was more than he could manage—until Jeremy came along, taught Clayton how to straddle the human-werewolf worlds, and introduced him to the Pack…“
- S*x Addict by Brooke Blaine & Ella Frank <— ELLA FRANK ALERT!! And she co-wrote this one, and it’s super-bargain priced! “My fantasies are a bit more…depraved. Dark and sinful, they have destroyed relationships and my livelihood, yet I still submit to them like a slave…”
- Give Me Love by Kate McCarthy <— Jeannie LOVED it!!!
“I just finished Give Me Love by Kate McCarthy and LOVED it! It’s definitely for fans of Kristen Ashley and the first in a series. It’s funny and angsty – a rock band with Evie as the lead singer meets the brother of her best friend/manager and has an instant connection. He’s in security and, of course, very hot. She takes one look at him and runs far and spends all her time trying to avoid him. It was a lot of fun and I couldn’t put it down. Right now, it’s also free on Amazon!”
- Imitation series by Heather Hildenbrand <— My sister went crazy for this one! “Aaaaarrrgghhh… I have TONS of things to do, some important even… but I cannot stop reading that last book of The Imitation Series by Heather Hildenbrand. Book two was read in two days ONLY because I had rendez vous I had to attend to. Definitively a great series for me.” and then… “Finished the entire series last night ! What a GREAT one !”
- Not The One (Lost in London Book 1) by Amy Daws <— HER BEST FRIEND DIED… and she has someone that helps but… “We’re absolute poison for each other. We’re a stifling, suffocating, sickness of darkness. But I feel safe…because I’ve made an art of pushing people away. Now he’s pushing back…” And it’s super-bargain priced today!! P.S. Book #2 was just released! That One Moment (Lost in London Book 2)
- Wrong by Jana Aston <— This is #1 (but #2 – Right – was just recently released) and BOTH are much-loved in our crew!
DG: Jana Aston is batting a 2-0 in my book! A hot alpha *sighs deeply*, a goofy h, a little love, a little drama, a little stubbornness and a whole lot of lovin. A great and easy feel good read!
- The Bad Ones by Stylo Fantome <— SUPER-DARK AND BLOWING MINDS ALERT! So it’s back on the list. 😉
Jean: I’m still reading Bad Ones. It seriously is like a train wreck that you can’t look away from and I need to get to the end for that shell shocker!
DG: I was in book shock over the Bad Ones… Tessa and Ela – glad it wasn’t just me. Not sure what category to list it in….
Cristina: I finished the Bad Ones Last night. I can see this categorized as a psych/horror book. Definitely dark… like abyss dark. If you want to know what happens when two sociopaths find one another, this is your story.
- My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder <— This one’s making Michelle LAUGH HARD!! And by what she just told us, I’m already giggling!!! 😛
Michelle: Omigod I’m laughing so hard that I’m crying! Laura recommended My Commander by Alanea Alder and it’s freakin hilarious! I wish it had audio so I could listen on my drive. On the tampon scene…five paranormal alpha males trying to figure out what a period is and what tampons to get *giggling*
- The Passage: A Novel (Book One of The Passage Trilogy) by Justin Cronin <— A VAMPY VERSION OF THE WALKING DEAD ALERT!! Lisa & Jan130 LOVE it!
Lisa: The Passage is the most amazing book. It will be made into a movie (Im pretty sure I read that movie rights had been purchased). Fabi you must read it….you wont forget it. Its like the vampy version of The Walking Dead. Huge and awesome!! … The Passage might fall into a horror category in some respects (as Jan130 mentioned its not Stephen King style horror at all) but I would describe as an apocalyptic world building epic. The vampires are NOT Twilight or BDB hotties but a new species of predator. But it has elements we love….like an awesome kicking asses and taking no prisoners heroine in Alicia. And characters so well developed you’ll miss them. Its a tale of survival. I loved it.Jan130: BTW if you haven’t read The Passage, it’s fabulous. A bit sci-fi, a bit vampirey, a bit dystopia end-of-the-world Stephen King’s The Stand style. Fantastic book. …Yeh, The Passage is epic. It’s a huge read, so be warned!. Starts off pretty conventional sci-fi thriller but you’ve gotta stick with it. It just takes off and carries you along with it. Loved this book. *Something is coming* (said in a whisper….. Oh yeh!
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- Bounty (Colorado Mountain Series Book 7) by Kristen Ashley – April 18th 2016
- Fate and Forever (A Pound of Flesh Book 4) by Sophie Jackson – April 18th 2016
- First and First (Five Boroughs Book 3) by Santino Hassell – April 18th 2016
- Lust Is the Thorn: Love Is the Rose by Jen McLaughlin – April 19th 2016
- Wicked Need (The Wicked Horse Series Book 3) by Sawyer Bennett – April 19th 2016
- Alphas: Origins by Ilona Andrews – April 19th 2016 – April 19th 2016
- Worth It All: A McKinney Brothers Novel (The McKinney Brothers Book 3) by Claudia Connor – April 19th 2016
- Dirtiest Secret (Stark) by J. Kenner – April 19th 2016
- Dirty (Dive Bar) by Kylie Scott – April 19th 2016
- Over the Line: On the Run Novel by Lisa Desrochers – April 19th 2016
- Never Sweeter: A Dark Obsession Novel by Charlotte Stein – April 19th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).