Ooooh Friday the 13th! I’m gonna Twit-Bit all sorts o’ cool stuff today – scary stuff & author stuff!
Finally, my first weekend in what feels like ages, where I’m not travelling for work. I’ve got SIX (count ’em – 6!!) weekends off, so I hope to fill them book related stuff. Here is the lastest “work pic” of me (sheeesh the things I *almost* do for my job – I didn’t kiss him LOL!). Now if us girls were assured the prince would look like the guy on the Primal Instincts cover (below)…then maybe 😉 tee hee!!!
I must admit that Chubby “Fred” is so ugly, he’s cute (although, mostly he’s the quiet pensive type).
Oh and it’s my birthday weekend (I always say, the older you get, the longer your birthday fun should last), so it starts tonight! I’m gonna treat myself to book reading AND I won’t even feel guilty about it!
So what’s up on Friday the 13th?
- Terri Garey is hosting a Friday the 13th contest on her blog (win a cool t-shirt! It’s so cute!)
- Oooh Marjorie M Liu is in the Friday the 13th spirit too! She tweets this creepy picture:
WARNING: CONTAINS PICTURES THAT MIGHT SCAR YOU FOREVER (so, yay!): T. Rex of Leeches Found in Amazon Swimmers’ Noses – http://tiny.cc/0e5yd
- Rachel Caine completes the rewrites to her story “Unseen (Outcast Season, Book 3)“
- Stacia Kane just celebrated her birthday too! She blogs about it here.
- Anya Bast has details about her upcoming Cruel Enchantment (Dark Magick, Book 2) on her blog (release date Sept 7th).
- Elisabeth Naughton’s Marked (in ebook format) is available to download free on Barnes and Noble, today only! Yay me (and YAY for my iPad that can let me read all of these formats)!
- Michele Hauf posts the cover of Seducing the Vampire (to be released in Janouary 2011) – check it out on her blog (it’s gorgeous!)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon tweets us a quote from an upcoming book! Caillen is being all sorts of bad! You gotta follow her for that one! She says “I LOVE Caillen. Edits can be fun :)”
- Caitlin Kittredge is done with the edits on “Bone Gods (Black London)” (scheduled for release Nov 30th 2010)
- Leanna Renee Hieber almost has 1000 Twitter Followers (follow her and possibly win this book – The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker). She tweets:
Ooh! @DorchesterPub is helping me to cross the 1,000 follower line by giving away a couple of signed Darkly Luminous…
- Lori Devoti wants to discuss ebooks on her Facebook page.
- Suzanne Sizemore just received a copy of Primal Instincts – I agree, the cover IS “glorious”. He’s preeetttyyyy (tee hee!!)
- Lori Devoti also tweets the book cover for a Christmas Vampire anthology that she’s a part of “Christmas with a Vampire: WITH A Christmas Kiss AND The Vampire Who Stole Christmas AND Sundown AND Nothing Says Christmas Like a Vampire AND Unwrapped (M&B C2)…umm he’s pretty too!
- Not book related, but vampire related so it works! Will Smith will be a vampire in the upcoming movie Legend of Cain
- Alyson Noel tweets that there will be a 6th book in the Immortals series after Night Star (release date Nov 16th 2010):
Just want 2 clear something up-Nigh Star is *NOT* the final book in The Immortals series-I am writing the 6th & final book now-As you were.
More to follow as I find more cool tweets…
Want to read these tweets directly? Check out my Authors Who Tweet post, and make sure to follow them! It’s always good stuff!
My favorite cover of the day!