- Severed: Alien Mate Index Book 4 by Evangeline Anderson <— LATEST EVANGELINE ANDERSON JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!!! Tee hee!! This blurb is titillating. Okay so, she’s a human and trying to build her paralegal business, and then THEY decide they need her services.”Drace and Lucian are Denarins—a race of the Twelve Peoples where two males bond together in order to join with a single female. An Alpha and a Beta make the perfect pair to attract and care for a woman in every detail of her life. But what happens when two Alphas get wrongfully bonded?“
- Sinful Nights Bundle: Books 1-3 by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! This first 3 books in this series has been bundled and is super-bargain priced today! “Box set of the first three books in the New York Times Bestselling Sinful Nights series – SWEET SINFUL NIGHTS, SINFUL DESIRE, and SINFUL LONGING! The final book, Sinful Love, is only available separately!”
- To Have and to Hold: A Returning Home Novel by Serena Bell <— WAR HERO COMES BACK BROKEN & DOESN’T REMEMBER HIS WIFE ALERT! “Hunter remembers his young daughter but not Trina, and he certainly can’t recall why Trina and her own child are living in his house. Although his lean, rugged frame bears the scars of battle, his mind took the worst hit...” It’s super-bargain priced today!!
JAMIE BEGLEY’S LATEST “Train’s Clash (The Last Riders Book 9)” JUST WENT LIVE TOO! The author stats: “This book is a stand alone story. However, to receive the full experience these books are recommended before “Train’s Clash” in the following order“
Happy Friday!!!! And not just that, but happy ALL WEEKEND IS HALLOWEEN TIME!!! 😀 Because of COURSE even though Monday is “actually” Halloween, this weekend will be loaded in fun parties, and get-togethers, and costumes. FOUR DAYS OF HALLOWEEN. How. Perfect!!!!
I dunno how much reading will get done this weekend 😉 but I KNOW I have a great list of options for all of our reading moods. Scary or sweet, or gritty and raw! Fantasy romance while being kidnapped by a warlord? It’s there! 😀 All sorts of “romances” and some… not so romance. 😉
Take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- A Promise of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 1) by Amanda Bouchet <— FANTASY ROMANCE ALERT!!! Has a “Golden Dynasty” feel? OMG. MINE!!! MichelleS is reading it as we speak and LOVING IT!!!
MichelleS: I am currently reading A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles Book 1) and loving it. She is a great heroine. Strong. Super snarky. A total bad @$$. It is Golden Dynasty meets Percy Jackson meets Throne of Glass. Seriously.
She’s abducted by a warlord (woo hoo) from the traveling circus where she’s been hiding for years because of her crazy powers. The royals want her because of the powers (Kingmaker) and this warlord is no different. But she is not coming along easily. There are dragons and greek gods and there’s magic. And hanky panky! Did I mention the hanky panky? The slow burn is just what I needed. She’s not having it but he keeps trying anyway.
- Fifteen Seconds of Normal by Alex Marestaing <— LIVE!! SHE’S TRANSFERRING TO A NEW HIGH SCHOOL… “Step 1: Transfer high schools Step 2: Hide your Tourette’s Step 3: Find your fifteen seconds of normal Kaeya Garay has a plan. And it seems to be working.But when a curious interruption named Thatcher Kelly stumbles upon her “safe” place in the school’s abandoned art gallery, her grand plans for normalcy are suddenly derailed…” (mentions for fans of Eleanor and Park!!) and here it is on Amazon UK
- Badd Motherf*cker: Badd Brothers by Jasinda Wilder <— LIVE!! LATEST JASINDA WILDER ALERT! SHE WALKS INTO HIS BAR IN HER WEDDING DRESS… “Wanna hear another joke? A girl walks into a bar, soaking wet and wearing a wedding dress. I knew I shouldn’t have touched her. She was hammered, for one thing, and heartbroken for another. I’ve chased enough tail to know better. That kinda thing only leads to clinginess, and a clingy female is the last thing on this earth I need. I got a bar needs running, and only me to run it–at least until my seven wayward brothers decide to show their asses up...” (and here it is on Amazon UK)
- Brooklyn & Beale by Olivia Evans <— ROCK STAR ALERT and Tiffany recommends this one, BIG TIME!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Tiffany: Hi Maryse, and Hi fellow book lovers 🙂 I’m rarely writing here even though I check out the page & the website everyday, & I love it!!!
So I’m writing today because I fell completely and madly in love with this book, Brooklyn and Beale by Olivia Evans !!!!!
This story was so perfect in so many ways. I am in love with Chloe and Reid, they are the perfect characters, and their story is so well built.
Chloe is awesome, she’s funny, a talented violinist, badass tattooed punk rock girl, always nice with everyone but also not afraid to state her mind when she has to. She’s never annoyed me once in the book, never made me roll my eyes, never made me want to yell at her for being stupid, and that was so refreshing ! Reid is also awesome, struggling with his demons, but always funny and touching.
All the second characters are great too, the bandmates and tourmates, Chloe’s friends etc…
And the story in itself is very well detailed. I felt like I was touring the world with them, being a part of the band, having my spot in the tour bus, watching the rehearsals and enjoying the shows from backstage. And don’t get me started on the friendship/lovestory !!! 🙂
No really, everyone who’s in for a great story on the road, please do yourself a favor a go straight for this one !!!
I didn’t know Olivia Evans before, but I’m on my way to go buy everything else she’s ever wrote !!!
- 1989: Once Bitten, Twice Shy (Love in the ’80s Book 10) by Kelly Martin <— LIVE!! SHE LURES MEN IN… “As the owner of the underground business, Once Bitten, Nancy makes it her mission to give scorned women the justice they deserve. She lures in the man who has wronged her client, flatters him with her considerable charms, then strikes. It’s only business. Until the ex-girlfriend of tabloid-proclaimed Romeo, Chad Harris, comes in.” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Cease (Bayonet Scars Book 7) by JC Emery <— BIKER BOOK SERIES FINALE ALERT!!!! Wow this one sounds amazing and while each one CAN be read as a standalone, the author suggests reading the series in order. “Ruby Buckley is no stranger to loss. She lost her twins in their infancy, lost her son to his demons, and lost herself to a life she never wanted. Until him. Jim Stone is lost. He’s a father who doesn’t know how to parent, a brother who doesn’t know why he ever patched in, and is completely numb to everything around him. Until her. Craving normalcy, Ruby wants to live straight, but that’s easier said than done when a member of the Forsaken Motorcycle Club is determined to make her his old lady…” (here is is on Amazon UK)
- Trapped by Amanda Lance <— LIVE!! SAVED BY A RECLUSE & HAS TO STAY WITH HIM ALERT! She’s a journalist, and is caught in a terrible snow storm but… “Aubrey is rescued by a handsome stranger whose cold disposition is as frightening as the remote cabin in which he lives. With no way to reach civilization before spring, Aubrey becomes Jack Gordon’s unwanted roommate. Her hope for rescue is much more desperate when she sees his hostile attitude and violent behavior. Aubrey and Jack wait out the winter, they grow closer…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner <— SO MANY ARE LOSING THEIR BOOK-MINDS OVER THIS ONE! Brooke is one of ’em! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Brooke: OK so I’ve been a follower I’d yours for a while..your blog is like my bible… but I have never messaged you or tried to suggest books for you to read because I figured you’re the person I go to to look for suggestions or because I feel you might have already read them..or get all kinds of suggestions all time time….
welllll here I am at 3 am writing to you for the first time because I am so emotionally drained after reading this book that I can’t do anything but think about it…and we’ll it’s 3am…who am I going to talk to about it? So here’s your first message from me….I’m way too emotionally exhausted to squee….but I will suggest that you add A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi steiner to your reading list!!!
- Hausfrau: A Novel by Jill Alexander Essbaum <— BACK ON THE LIST BECAUSE HOW CAN I HELP MYSELF? I. CAN’T. THIS ONE YOU GUYS!!! And because Dory just read it and I get a kick out of her reaction!. Tee hee! LOL!!! Poooooor Dory (and yet I’m delighted). 😉 P.S. here’s my 5-star review in case you missed it… (and here it is on Amazon UK)
SIGHHH I am going to hide under my bed, now. Not even under the covers…under the bed! My mind can’t process all this intensity. I’m going to have to read some straight erotica now or maybe THe Cat in the Hat. LOL. Something COMPLETELY different. Anyway, 2 great books in just a short matter of day…head explode.”
Jean: Dory, wasn’t Pull Me Close so great? Max Monroe’s books can definitely get you out of that funk….they are funny and light!
Dory: Yes!! Jean it was so freaking good. I feel like I’m the only one that’s read it and have no one to talk about it with. Same thing with Hausfrau, not that I even want to talk right now. LOL So…I’m pretty new here, where can I get a Manny to cuddle with? LOL I may have to go to the Aquarium gift shop and cry into the manatee tank.
Maryse: Tee hee Dory!!! *slides our furry-stuffed manatee “Manny” to cuddle with you under the bed*
R: Haven’t read Pull Me Close but I totally understand your Hausfrau hangover!
Amy: Dory is going to get arrested for trying to hug the manatees in their tanks! *cackles* “But…but…officer! My friends told me I could snuggle the manatee because I was sad from my book!”
bev: Yeah. Don’t do that.
Maryse: *snort* 😛
- Megaballs by Erin Noelle <— WINNING LOTTERY TICKET ALERT!!! Ahhhhh the DREAM!!!! Look at this new release by Erin Noelle… it sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!! He didn’t pay for his meal, but instead, leaves the waitress a lottery ticket! “When I became the sole winner of a $270 million Megaball jackpot, thanks to a sexy stranger who left a lottery ticket instead of paying for his meal, my entire world flipped upside-down. Now, with money-sucking vultures, douchebags by the dozens, and a horde of total hotties just waiting to get their mangy paws on my newfound fortune, I set out to locate the man who gifted me the winning ticket–to properly thank him…“
- Murmuration by TJ Klune <— LIVE!! TJ KLUNE M/M SCI-FI ROMANCE ALERT! This town sounds almost… stepfordwife-ish. “But something’s wrong with Mike. He hears voices in his house late at night. There are shadows crawling along the walls and great clouds of birds overhead that only he can see. Something’s happening in Amorea…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Secrets in My Scowl by A.E. Via <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT! HE HAS A NEW NEIGHBOR… “At almost forty, Jacob’s social life was non-existent, but he told himself his work fulfilled him. He helped people get out of their loveless marriages. Jacob Snowden was one of the best divorce lawyers on the east coast and was damn proud of it. So, imagine his disdain when a wedding planner moves into the suite directly adjacent to his… an insanely masculine, male wedding planner…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Defiant Revival by L. Rockwood <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE DARK FANTASY ALERT! “To free the kingdom from the depravity of Cardinal Aldrious, Prince Micah Helvendeere must take his rightful place as ruler. Unfortunately, the prince has been dead for a year…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- Jumpstart (Crossroads Book 4) by Riley Hart <— LIVE!! RILEY HART M/M ROMANCE ALERT! (here it is on Amazon UK)
- The Bad Ones by Stylo Fantome <— STYLO FANTOME PSYCH-HORROR SUPER-DARK ROMANCE READ ALERT perfect for Halloween! And it’s super-bargain priced!!! Ratula found us this one!! (here it is on Amazon UK)
Ratula: Maryse I have an awesomeee Friday Salee. Stylo Fantome’s The Bad Ones just went on sale for $0.99 alll weekend long in honor of Halloween. It’s pure kindle crack!
Cristina: I finished the Bad Ones Last night. I can see this categorized as a psych/horror book. Definitely dark… like abyss dark. If you want to know what happens when two sociopaths find one another, this is your story. Definitely not my cup of tea, but still a well written story.
DG: The Bad Ones…done. Is there such a thing as book shock? Kinda like when you ‘go into shock’ over a traumatic accident????? Yeah…I think that’s where I am…
Ela: The Bad Ones *full body shiver*….eeeep I still can’t get some of those images out of my mind!!!!!
- war/SONG (Book of Hymns 1) by Vanessa Gravenstein <— LIVE!! A VAMPIRE FINDS AN ABUSED WOMAN ALERT! “…when he finds a bruised but defiant human woman outside their lair, it is more than duty driving him to protect her — and she might very well be a liability and distraction he can’t afford…” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- A Head Full of Ghosts: A Novel by Paul Tremblay <— HORROR/SUPERNATURAL THRILLER ALERT! Kat found us this one at a bargain price and it sounds right up my scary alley!!!! Their daughter appears to have schizophrenia, but then they realize it might be more of a demonic possession, and so they create a reality show in that family’s home to document it all. YIKES!!! “WINNER OF THE 2015 BRAM STOKER AWARD FOR SUPERIOR ACHIEVEMENT IN A NOVEL A chilling thriller that brilliantly blends psychological suspense and supernatural horror, reminiscent of Stephen King’s The Shining, Shirley Jackson’s The Haunting of Hill House, and William Peter Blatty’s The Exorcist.”
- Lovegame by Tracy Wolff <— PSYCHOLOGICAL OBSESSION ALERT!! This one is super-bargain priced today and sounds like so much steamy, mind-messing fun! “In this darkly addictive novel of seduction and psychological obsession, a movie star with a shattered past meets a man who can either break her or make her whole.” (here it is on Amazon UK)
- STROKED and STROKED LONG (The Stroked Series Book 2) by Meghan Quinn <— COMEDY ROMANCE!!! MEGHAN QUINN’S OLYMPIC SWIMMERS are on super-sale today! Here they are, also on Amazon UK. She says:
**MEGA SALE** STROKED and STROKED LONG are on sale… for 4 days only! You can get STROKED HARD at a special preorder price…!!! DO NOT MISS THIS MEGA SALE!!!
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Mr. President by Katy Evans – October 31st 2016
- Because Beards by Alexis Alvarez, Kacey Shea, Scott Hildreth, Renee Rose, Leslie McAdam, Maria Monroe, Ace Gray, Martha Sweeney, Faith Andrews, Angelita Gill, J. Quist, Jeannine Colette, RC Martin, Hayley Faiman, Ruthie Hendrick, Jerica MacMillan, Evie Lauren, M. Andrews, Adrienne Perry, Tom Sweeney, Emmanuelle de Maupassant
- HALO by R.C. Stephens – November 1st 2016
- STROKED HARD by Meghan Quinn – November 1st 2016
- Looking Inside by Beth Kery – November 1st 2016
- Breaking Cage by A.J. Pryor – November 1st 2016
- Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec – November 1st 2016
- The Award: A Novel by Danielle Steele – November 1st 2016
- Sins of the Father: Rose Gardner Mystery Novella 9.5 by Denise Grover Swank – November 1st 2016
- Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work) by Tiffany Reisz – November 1st 2016
- Archangel’s Heart (A Guild Hunter Novel) by Nalini Singh – November 1st 2016
- I See You: A Novel by Molly McAdams – November 1st 2016
- Lucas – A Preston Brothers Novel (Book 1): A More Than Series Spin-off by Jay McLean – November 1st 2016
- His to Cherish: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn – November 1st 2016
- Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 11) by Jeff Kinney – November 1st 2016
- Wishing For Us: A Danvers Novel by Sydney Landon – November 1st 2016
- Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog – November 1st 2016
- Dirty Mother (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 3rd 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).