<— God Shaped Hole: A Novel is now available in KINDLE format. YAY!!!!
This is not a review, ’cause I haven’t read it yet (but I’m on it, now!). I’ve been patiently (2 years+) waiting for this “print-only” book to catch up with us e-book enthusiasts and turn itself into a “Kindle” book. And today’s the day!!! I finally get to read it, make notes, highlight like crazy and cry my eyes out! Yep! I’m thinking it’s one of those. 😀
Now, for all of you wondering why I’m making a big deal about this one (without actually having read it yet):
- I have heard only AWESOME things about it. It sounds deep and intense and emotional and just… BIG!
- Since I’ve loved another book by this author and her incredible writing style, I just already know this one’s for me.
- I have heard it will make me cry like crazy, and you know me… I’m a sucker for book-bawling.
- THIS book is by the author of “How to Kill a Rock Star“. And most here know (and if you don’t I’m telling you now), just how much I LOVED that book. One of my forever-five-star-favorites, that made me feel in love, crazy, angsty, worried, infuriated, and also tried to KILL ME!!!! It made me react so strongly that I had to get out out of bed (’cause I didn’t want to wake my husband as I sobbed and shook the mattress), and then proceeded to email my reading-buddy (multiple times) as I freaked out. At 3am. To her work. Which of course, she didn’t get to see until she booted up her computer the next day, and read them with her co-workers and they ll had a good chuckle. *hrmph* 😉 hehe.
- Both are standalones, but I hear this one was first, and that a tiny bit of this one, crosses over into a tiny bit of How to Kill A Rock Star. And I think I know where the cross over happens, and I’m already in love with it. Very clever.
And here are some of those recommendations I’ve received:
Jen: I see you posted on “How to Kill a Rock Star,” so I am assuming you have read “God-Shaped Hole”? It’s been a while since I read it, but it made a huge impression on me.
Elizabeth: I am less than 100 pages into God-Shaped Hole so this message is probably premature but I am just loving it so far. I know you loved HTKAR so thought I would mention it in case you haven’t read it. Connected immediately to the writing and characters. Hope it continues! 🙂
Elizabeth: Finished God-Shaped Hole and I feel like I can’t say anything about how I am feeling because I don’t want to spoil it, but I loved the book. It’s not a “romance” novel but it tells a great love story. Read it so we can talk about it, ok? 🙂 Tiffanie, like Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher, could write a phone book and I’d read it. Oh, I need her to write another book. ASAP.
Sadie: I’m reading God-Shaped Hole (and am more than a little obsessed) now
Robyn: God – Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo – I sobbed so much I got a stomach ache!
Bre: I just finished and still have not begun to process it all. I don’t want to say much about it, but I would HIGHLY recommend this book for a feel similar to How To Kill A Rockstar.
Lea: GSH was amazing. I also suggest it to anyone who loved this book (HTKAR). There is a connection, I think, between the two books and I wish I knew some one who had read both so I could discuss it!!
Yep. Those recommendations above are what turned me into a book-stalker.