Monday Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight! 07-09-18

by Maryse on July 9, 2018 · 59 comments

in News

HAPPY MONDAY!!! It totally is! :D Start of a new week, and a very exciting release day tomorrow, and a few earlybirds to lead us in!

Okay and to be silly on this very early Monday morning, let’s play “three things”

1. I’m having chicken wings for lunch. I LOVE CHICKEN WINGS. They’re spicy and they make my mouth all burn-y,
  2. I MAY have chicken wings for supper, too. ‘Cause I can never have too many chicken wings. LOL!! ;)
  3. I have beautiful sunflowers in my kitchen, and they make me smile each time I see them. Sunflowers are my favorite.

LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE :D !!!

1. OfficeMate by Katie Ashley <— KATIE ASHLEY’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE!!! HE TOOK HER JOB!!! “...After graduating top in my class, I started working for The Callahan Corporation. Fast forward five years and I was about to become the youngest female manager in the history of my department. And then all the blood, sweat, and tears I’d put into my career were for nothing when the boss’s billionaire son was handed my position on a silver platter. Not only that, I was expected to help transition him into the job that was supposed to be mine…”
  2. Discovering You (Indigo Book 1) by Kate McBrien
  3. The Billionaire’s Wake-up-call Girl: An enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy by Annika Martin <— SHE’S HIS WAKE-UP CALL & HE’S SURLY... ;)…no wake-up call company in the world will take him on as a client. They’ve all had enough of his surly personality. So in an effort not to lose my job, I secretly start making the calls myself, every day at 4:30 am sharp. OMG yes you read that right–four freaking thirty in the morning. Confession: I’m not the nicest wake-up-call girl at that hour. Hello! Who wakes up before the roosters are even crowing? Luckily he doesn’t seem to mind my get-your-ass-out-of-bed attitude. Day by day we’re becoming closer, and the calls start turning hot…”
  4. Wildest Dreams (Sweetbriar Cove Book 7) by Melody Grace
  5. Corrupt Desires by by Jennifer Bene
  6. Gunn (Great Wolves Motorcycle Club Book 11) by Jayne Blue
  7. Captivated by Bethany-Kris <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!When someone needs to disappear, the Chicago mob calls on Joe Rossi. A man who can move without a sound, and kill without a word, they don’t call him the Shadow for nothing. This time, it’s a New York crime family in need of his skills, but it takes one glimpse of her to make him agree to the job. Liliana Marcello is every inch a principessa della mafia. Her life has taught her to be wary of strangers…”
  8. Consume (Civil Corruption Book 3) by Jessica Prince <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!!Killian Everett is condescending, egotistical, and a complete jerk. When I started as the new assistant for the famous rock band Civil Corruption, I thought I’d hit the career jackpot… but I was wrong. With his attitude, bad behavior, and stupid good looks, Killian has made my life a living hell since my very first day...”
  9. Maddox: Vested Interest #3 by Melanie Moreland
  10. His Untamed Love (Cuffs and Spurs Book 4) by Anya Summers
  11. Toxic (The Crossover Series) by Kathy Coopmans and HJ Bellus <– HE TREATED HER BADLY AT HER BED AND BREAKFAST… “…Maria Richards brought light back into my life even through my drunken haze. For weeks, I treated her like trash. Felt guilty as hell the moment I left her bed and breakfast. Life has a funny way of bringing back your past sins. A second chance with Maria stumbles in my path…”
  12. Skye (Rainbow Falls Book 1) by Heather Gray
  13. Jaded: Zane and Honor (Cliffside Bay Series Book 3) by Tess Thompson
  14. Confetti & Confusion (Paradise Cookery School Book 2) by Daisy James
  15. Reckless Attraction Vol. 1: MMA Contemporary Sports Romance by JJ Knight <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!! “…I find the most awesome girl. Chloe. Smart. Funny. Sexy as sin. With convictions. She takes risks for what she believes in. We connect. Completely. Awesomely. It’s literally the best feeling. But then she screws me over in the worst possible way…”
  16. Jaxson 3: The Last Vow (Black Devils MC) by K.J. Dahlen & J.R. Ryder
  17. The Army Ranger’s Surprise (The Men of at Ease Ranch Book 5) by Donna Michaels
  18. Scoring the Player’s Baby (WAGS) by Naima Simone <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! “...the last thing she expects is to be grabbed and kissed breathless by a hot giant of a man looking to fend off a stalker. She doesn’t want emotional entanglements, but she can’t say no to one scorching night with the sexy stranger. To her shock, she finds out afterward that a) he’s a pro football player, aka her kryptonite, and b) she’s pregnant. But nothing could have prepared her for his response…”
  19. Knuckle Down (The Cursed Ravens MC Series Book 2) by Chantal Fernando
  20. Razor (K19 Security Solutions) by Heather Slade
  21. Giving Up the Boss (The Billionaire’s Second Chance) by Victoria Davies

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!

PREORDERS (look what’s going live at MIDNIGHT!! :D )

1. Murder Girl (Lilah Love Book 2) by Lisa Renee Jones - July 10th 2018
  2. Model Boyfriend by Jane Harvey-Berrick  - July 10th 2018
  3. Broken Love Story (Love Series Book 3) by Natasha Madison - July 10th 2018
  4. Buckled (Trails of Sin Book 2) by Pam Godwin – July 10th 2018
  5. Kissing Jenna (The Big Sky Series Book 2) by Kristen Proby - July 10th 2018
  6. The Good Fight: A Novel by Danielle Steel - July 10th 2018
  7. Heart of Glass (Fostering Love) by Nicole Jacquelyn - July 10th 2018
  8. The Real Deal by Lauren Blakely – July 10th 2018
  9. Dr. Strange Beard (Winston Brothers Book 5) by Penny Reid - July 10th 2018
  10. When We Found Home by Susan Mallery – July 10th 2018
  11. Wild Hunger (An Heirs of Chicagoland Novel) by Chloe Neill – July 10th 2018
  12. The Good Fight: A Novel by Danielle Steel – July 10th 2018
  13. Bad Habits Box Set by Staci Hart – July 12th 2018
  14. Act of Brotherhood: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 6) by Mandy M. Roth – July 14th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Leslie M July 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM

Good morning! I am hungry and want chicken wings.

Tasha J July 9, 2018 at 9:22 AM

Good morning! I bought Office Mate. :)
1. Swim lessons for the toddler start today.
2. Jasper is just not a good sleeper :’( Spoiled boy.
3. I need a new printer and I want to find 1 before Prime day. I’ve never bought one before.

Leslie M July 9, 2018 at 9:46 AM

1 – I am in desperate need of a pedicure and debating if I should splurge & go to salon or do myself. There is no debate on color. Essie’s “Need a Vacation” bubblegum pink is perfect.

2 – I made coffee iced cubes for the first time and YUM they are perfect for iced coffee. Enjoying it now. As if the many hot cups I already had today were not enough! ;)

3 – I am procrastinating cleaning the house. I don’t wanna!!! :(

Tasha J July 9, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Splurge Leslie! You deserve some pampering after all the party planning you’ve done.

MichelleS July 9, 2018 at 10:45 AM

1. I bought Bluetooth earbuds so I could listen to audio books & lay out on the pool.
2. I’m listening to Time Traveler’s Wife, because shhhhhhh I never read it! It’s a long book people!
3. I’m getting tan on my front side only. Hate lying on my belly. Ugh. I look ridiculous.

MichelleS July 9, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Tasha – if you only need B&W printing, I recommend a laser printer. Fast, the toner lasts a long time. I have an HP Laser 2035.

bev July 9, 2018 at 11:02 AM

1. I LOVED The Time Traveler’s Wife.

2. My sleep schedule is all mixed up. I need to get back to an earlier bed time…..but it’s summer.

2. Been listening to a lot of music right now. All day long. I have one in particular that makes me feel so happy …..yes kpop. And I’m going to post it, then I want you all to post a happy summer song.

Like Leslie I’ve been procrastinating from doing house and yard work. Help a girl out and give me some songs to work to.

Ready?

DG July 9, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Happy Monday!!!

My Three Things Monday…
1. It’s a struggle to return to work after a holiday week.
2. New cars always make driving a whole lot more fun…even to work on a Monday
3. Antiquing is my new hobby…a close second to reading

And I have no clue as to what my next read will be…

bev July 9, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Love it. Upbeat and happy. And those dances!
Love all their voices and how they harmonize together, but my favorite is the first one. I just love that high tone kind of nasal sound …*shrug*

I might post one of the reaction videos I saw about it too. Sorry I’m low key obsessed.

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:29 AM

LOL Leslie M!!

I just ate the chicken wings the the BEST blue cheese dressing ever. And I don’t even really like blue cheese. Go figure!

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:30 AM

Tasha, I wish so badly that I could snuggle Jasper. Might be best to buy a printer ON Prime Day. I’m waiting to buy a few things…

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:31 AM

LOL MichelleS on the half-tan…

I wish I could tan.

bev July 9, 2018 at 11:32 AM

Ok, this is one of the reaction videos.

Yes, I said one but I won’t burden you. Lol.

Now I have to go be productive.

Music people. Music.

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:33 AM

Has anyone watched “The Vow”?

OMG that movie was so wonderful. I watched on Prime yesterday.

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Okay now I’m going to watch/listen to happy K-Pop.

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:34 AM

DG what awesome antiques have you scored?

Tessa July 9, 2018 at 11:45 AM

First, right now The Notebook is on sale today only for 2.99.

Second, Sophie Kinsella’s Can You Keep a Secret is on sale for 1.99. This is one of those rare books that I still remember with pretty vivid detail. It’s hilarious and sweet at the same time. HIGHLY recommend.

Wild Hunger comes out on August 14th, not this month. Slaying It, a novella from the prior series, is coming out on July 17th (I pre-ordered them both. :) )

3 things:

1. I had to call the rec center here to change little dude’s swimming class to the next level (He passed his swim test to go into the next level! WOOT),

2. I have a giant TV that needs to go. It’s a tube one and too heavy for words.

3. Little dude also wants a lunch box that Target has. They will not sell it until 7/12 but their ad shows it prominently on display. GRRR It ‘s cloth and shaped like an old fashion lunchbox you’d see construction workers have, with a tray in the bottom area. And it has Batman symbols all over the “lid” section. It is totally him. :)

Theresa silverberg July 9, 2018 at 11:46 AM

Marsye – just heads up Cloe Neill Slaying it is ajuly 17th. Wild Hunger is in August

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Ahhh yeah… looks like they moved the date up. *sigh* I load them into the main list really early when they are first posted. I shall edit!! :)

Amy July 9, 2018 at 12:13 PM

I really do enjoy reading everyone’s three things. Like little snippets of what everyone is up to at any given time. ;)

1. Someone just got fired at my work. Life is about to get much busier for me. *sigh*
2. I’m throwing ribs in the slow cooker and then it’s ribs for supper tonight.
3. I can’t wait for Prime Day!!!

Ela July 9, 2018 at 12:20 PM

OMG YOU GUUUUUUUUUYYYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSSS! HOW IS IT THAT Y’ALL FORGOT AMELIA HUTCHINS NEW BOOK GOING LIVE ANY MINUTE????????? CLAIMING THE DRAGON KING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ela July 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM

TESSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessa July 9, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Because it doesn’t have a pre-order? :P It’s not out until tomorrow.

Ela July 9, 2018 at 12:25 PM

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN TESSA? SHE’S UPLOADING IT RIGHT NOW
I KNOW BECAUSE I STALK HER AND PROUD OF IT

bev July 9, 2018 at 12:32 PM

Tessa, he must be so proud.
Poor Tasha. One thing about babies…..they grow. He will be sleeping on his own soon. Just think of the wonderful bond you are making.

Amy July 9, 2018 at 12:36 PM

bev…does the sun stay up late for you as well? Here, it doesn’t get fully dark until around 10:00. But I love it.

Okay, I have to rant. Fair warning. I’m bitchy today and it’s going to show. I finished Jack and Josie (finally :roll: ). I was so excited for this one based on the blurb. I really, REALLY liked the first 30% but then it started branching in a totally different direction which left me shaking my head and trying to figure out where things were going. The blurb needs to be rewritten. Don’t be specific and vague at the same time in a blurb. That’s okay though, because surprises and twists and being blindsided are things I usually love. However, by the disappointing end of the book, I was annoyed and frustrated. I didn’t even care about the “shocking climax” the blurb boasted about. And no, it wasn’t shocking. It didn’t fit. Okay, whatever. There are plenty of books where I loved the ending and others didn’t. This just didn’t work for me but it probably worked for others.

But then…THEN! I read the “About the Author” section (and this is where my inner bitch rears her head). She name dropped. She freaking NAME DROPPED. She totally did. Do you really need everyone to know you are married to Stephen King’s son? You have to list that your husband is “the writer, Owen King”?? That was it. No more books by this author for me.

Am I being overly critical? Am I overreacting? :? Seriously ladies, I can take the heat if I am and you want to tell me. We’re all friends here…

Amy July 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM

You know what is a beautiful thing? A baby’s scent. I love to cuddle them and take in their baby smell.

And it is so sweet to see all the wonderful things the mommies around here do for their babies, whether they are newborns or on the cusp of adulthood. So heartwarming.

bev July 9, 2018 at 1:27 PM

Yes, it’s so light outside. I took a walk at like 8 the other night, lol.

I get it. Somethings just turn you off. And it is odd she wouldn’t list her own accomplishments.

You know to feel better? Go listen to shine up there. And try the dance.

R. Renee July 9, 2018 at 1:35 PM

1. I saw Thirty Seconds to Mars the other night and they upgraded us from the very back to the very front.
2. I’m having a glass of Rosé for lunch.
3. About to board for San Francisco.

Jean July 9, 2018 at 1:43 PM

1. I hate Mondays but you guys and your comments make it easier!

2. Been so busy…. can’t catch up with the blog, GR, or anything else, including housework! Ugh!

3. I’m reading Sleeping With Monsters right now and preparing my heart to be ripped out and left on the floor!

P.S. Toxic…..1-click! Love HJ Bellus!

Have a great week everyone!

Tessa July 9, 2018 at 1:46 PM

She said she will be soon four hours ago. That means, if she did it then, we have 8 hours before the book is out. It takes approx 12 hours to publish. So, today I finish my awesome third book of a series and tomorrow that one. :)

I wanna get upgraded. How did you do that? Then again, when I saw my first concert, Garth Brooks, my sister and I got upgraded because we needed to be loud. We wooped once and every scout turned to us. lol I can be VERY loud. :) Yeah opera training!

Amy, I get it. Because by saying that, it’s almost as though she’s saying, like her books for her connection.

Robyn July 9, 2018 at 1:47 PM

Amy- I have Jack and Josie. Now I’m afraid to read it because I don’t like to be disappointed at the end of a book. It sounded so good.

My 3 things:
1- getting ready for my mini vacay to Cali. My daughters and I are driving over from AZ and staying one night at the Del Coronado. I’ve always wanted to stay there but it’s so expensive, hence the one night, even to breathe! Then we are going up to Santa Monica and Ventura.

2- I am beyond excited that Heart of Glass by Nicole Jacquelyn is coming out tomorrow! She wrote my favorite angsty, mean jerk book Unbreak My Heart.

3- Thanks Maryse, now I want to go to my favorite chicken wing place for lunch! I promised myself no more eating out until vacation! But having to put on my bra might sway me not to go…it’s not a drive up. And yes, I have been secretly known to go through drive ups braless! LOL

bev July 9, 2018 at 1:53 PM

Everyone is going to California.

R, if I’m still into kpop next summer fly out to LA, k? Tessa and Amy already promised they’d go with me. ;)

Oh, I love seeing all of you pop up today. Now I need some of Amy’s productivity and go be productive.

R. Renee July 9, 2018 at 1:56 PM

Lol bev. I’ll do my best!

Ela July 9, 2018 at 2:32 PM

Amy! So I went to her GR profile and it looks like she is even listed as an afterthought on one of the books Owen is on: she wrote the afterword

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM

LOL Robyn!!!!

The drive thru comment made me laugh and reminded me of the time my sister and I woke up and my coffee maker was dead. We were DESPERATE for coffee, so, still in our PJs we went through the drive through of Dunkin Donuts and got coffee. ;) LOL!!!! Cute pink fuzzy pajamas (matching!!)

No coffee, can’t start the day.

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM

GASP R!!!!!! How’d you get such an amazing upgrade? AND HOW COOL!!!!

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 3:29 PM

Amy I love your honesty and I love how you can back up exactly what you felt, and why. It’s all good with me, my friend!!!

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 3:34 PM

OMG ELA’S ALL-CAPS ENTHUSIASM SCREAMING IS BACK!!! YAYYYYY I MISSED ITTTTTTT!!!!

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 3:35 PM

Three things is so fun (thank you bev!!) and it’s a great way to start our week. I love knowing “regular” stuff in our schedules and daily lives.

Tessa July 9, 2018 at 3:54 PM

Why would I want to go to LA again? Are we going to Universal Studios? I like it there. I haven’t been to the Harry Potter thing there. Also, for Little Dude, we’ll go see Kung Fu Panda live show there. He’d love it. Not the backlot tour though. He hates sharks.

Robyn, what’s in Santa Monica and Ventura you want to see?

bev July 9, 2018 at 4:09 PM

Ok.

So, you have to look it up. But if I remember correctly I was reading Tell Me Three Things by Julie Bauxbam.
I posted the title of what I was reading.
When I came back later everyone had listed 3 things led by Tessa……i was confused, LOL! I had to scroll back to see what was going on. I believe that’s how it started.

bev July 9, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Tessa. Seriously?
Do you not see my current obsession up there ^^

Kcon in LA. I can’t go by myself or to this year’s. Hence, LA next year……if I’m still obsessed.

Last summer it was Hamilton this summer kpop.

Maryse, you’ll go, right?

Amy July 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM

Ela…WOW. Way for her to ride the coattails.

I’m glad you ladies get it. NOT that I would have been upset if you called me out and told me I was being kinda bitchy (I can take it coming from friends). And Tessa, EXACTLY. “Look who I know, now buy my books because of that!”

Amy July 9, 2018 at 4:52 PM

Robyn…don’t let me discourage you from reading it! You may end up enjoying it more than I did. ;)

Alright, last thing about it and then I’ll stop with the negativity. When I said “that was it” I meant that was it for me, not that her husband was all she listed. She DID list her education and writing-related experience, but it all tied up with her husband’s name. I just wanted to clarify it to be fair, especially after I saw bev’s comment.

Amy July 9, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Aw come on, Tessa! We’ll go to Universal Studios if it means you’ll hang out with us! :D

Robyn…I’ve done the braless thing in drive thrus before as well. I’m always paranoid though that I’m going to get in an accident and have to get out of my car…braless!!!

Amy July 9, 2018 at 6:00 PM

Maryse…thanks, my friend. ;)

Robyn July 9, 2018 at 6:09 PM

Amy, honestly that runs through my mind also, but it hasn’t stopped me! My girls aren’t too big, so I don’t think anyone would really notice, plus I wear loose shirts.

Maryse- I’ve done the jammie run too!

Maryse July 9, 2018 at 6:33 PM

OMG Haru and GD are the CUTEST ever. HOLY MOLY is she crushing hard.

One day she’ll be 20 and he’ll be 35 and they will fall in love forever.

bev July 9, 2018 at 6:46 PM

LOL!

Did you just watch It?

Right?

Cutest baby ever. And the way he looks at her. Too cute.

Leslie M July 9, 2018 at 7:50 PM

3 more things

I love blue cheese and blue cheese dressing. I look for things to eat it with.

I love antiques (especially “retro” stuff from the 70′s). We go to antique shops, consignment, flea markets almost every weekend.

I love rants…even better when book related.

Cheryl July 9, 2018 at 10:16 PM

3 things:
1. Still working on laundry room re-do.
2. Trash picked a desk (going to use as a clothes folding table and put the clothes sorter in the bottom open area) and it probably will take a few days to clean it and paint it, but hey it was free!
3. I desperately need a pedicure too!

Not sure what I’m reading either.

Amy, did seem very braggy. Noticed her hubby just says “He is married to the novelist Kelly Braffet” on his Amazon blurb. Not overly wordy like her.

Amy July 9, 2018 at 11:36 PM

Woo-hoo on the find, Cheryl! And woo-hoo for your creativity!!

Sooooo, I just started a new book. A different book from what I planned on reading. Something about Monsters and playing with them? ;)

Jan July 10, 2018 at 1:05 AM

I’m excited about two new books coming I’ve only recently found out about. One is bk 1 of a new series by Susan Fanetti but connected to her Pagano family series. It’s called Simple Faith and it’s out on July 14th :D

The other is by Judith McNaught and it’s her first new book for about ten years, I think. At last a new book! She’s well-known for her lovely HRs, but also wrote some CRs and suspense/CRs. This one is called The Sweetest Thing and is a CR. Supposed to be out in October this year. Goody! :D

JulieO July 10, 2018 at 4:49 AM

Amy
I am with you on the Owen King thing. She doesn’t need him to make her “look important”. Does she think she will sell more books?

Tessa July 10, 2018 at 8:33 AM

You’re reading Playing with Monsters, Amy? *squeeeee*

Jan, I’d love to read a new Judith CR. I seriously loved Paradise and Perfect.

Maryse July 10, 2018 at 11:18 AM

LOL Amy!!!!

Jean July 10, 2018 at 11:25 AM

Omg Amy….I just started book 2, Sleeping With Monsters…..curious to see what you think of book 1.

Amy July 11, 2018 at 7:09 AM

Yep, I’m reading it! Well, started it anyway. You know, real life and all. ;)