Good morning everyone!!! There’s not a ton of earlybirds today, but a few snuck in early, and I posted and highlighted some of the ones I thought looked extra good. I’ll be checking for more all day, in case more go live throughout the day. 😀
Now… for coffee. Oh how I need coffee. Cooffffffeeeeeeeeee….
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Love Me By Christmas by Jaci Burton <— LIVE!!! GRIEVING HER HUSBAND & HIS BROTHER IS THERE FOR HER... “...She wouldn’t have made it through her grief if not for her husband’s brother, Nick, who helped her pick up the pieces of her shattered life. And with every year, her feelings for Nick have grown. Now she realizes she might be in love with him, but that’s not fair, because Nick deserves a life that isn’t about his brother’s widow and son...”
- Blame It On Fate <— LIVE!!! ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! “Six stories about love, passion, and the role Fate plays in the lives of lovers.”
- Double Exposition (Songs and Sonatas Book 1) by Jerica MacMillan <— LIVE!! HE’S AN EX-POP STAR ALERT!! “...When she found out my secret past–that I used to be a famous pop star–I expected her to fangirl all over me. Because even though it’s been years since people cared about us, a ton of girls who grew up with our music still go nuts when they find out who I am. Not Gabby. She was more interested in our future than my past…”
- The Girl Who Dared to Think 3: The Girl Who Dared to Descend by Bella Forrest <— LIVE!! Must be read in order!! “Return to the Tower and reunite with Liana Castell in the breath-stealing third book of The Girl Who Dared to Think series.”
- Revere: A Legacy Novel (Cross + Catherine Book 2) by Bethany-Kris <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! It can be read as a standalone. “…Cross Donati fills his days with the mafia, family, and responsibility. The wild boy is a distant memory. A waiting prince now sits in his place. An old debt puts the gunrunner right back into the path of his past, but he only sees his future. Every king needs a queen...”
- Tail (Carolina Bad Boys Book 6) by Rie Warren <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! “...One look at her, and I feel a rush all over my body. I want that thing all the other dudes found. Love. A mate. A classy broad I probably don’t deserve. I know one thing. Maddy Rush—Handsome’s sexy sister—is strictly off-limits...”
- Unmasked by Magan Vernon <— LIVE!!! THE NO-NONSENSE ICE SKATER & THE BAD BOY SNOWBOARDER ALERT!! She’s known as the “Ice Queen”… “…Blake makes a bet without knowing all the terms. His ego won’t let him back out, even though his target is none other than the American Ice Queen herself. What are the odds the dreadlocked playboy can warm the frosty figure skater when the real games are unmasked?”
- One Wild Night by Khardine Gray <— LIVE!! SHE SEES HER EX AT A WEDDING… “Rocketing to fame on his football career, Scott let it all go to his head which led to his breakup with Abi, his then girlfriend of 7 years. Now, six years later, Scott’s in town for his sister’s wedding. The bride-to-be ends up in deep distress, needs to be rescued, and calls her best friend Abi (who of course is Scott’s ex), to come and save her…”
- Perfect Match by Alexis Alvarez <— SHE’S A MATCHMAKER TRYING TO FIND A SMUG, COCKY FAMOUS TV HOST HIS MATCH… and she’s struggling with her rival competing with her… “...He’s polite on dates picked out by Connie, but the ones Fia sets up? Those seem to end in complete disaster. And every time she tells him to behave, he flirts with her shamelessly. A stolen kiss turns to a night of unbelievable passion, but Fia knows that Dylan’s not interested in anything more than a fling. How could it mean anything when he’s still going on dates for the TV challenge like nothing happened?“
- Romancing the Werewolf: A Supernatural Society Novella by by Gail Carriger <— LIVE!!! GAIL CARRIER STEAMPUNK M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “Biffy, newly minted Alpha of the London Pack, is not having a good Christmas. His Beta abandoned him, his werewolves object to his curtain choices, and someone keeps leaving babies on his doorstep...”
- Saving It by Monica Murphy <— LIVE!!! MONICA MURPHY’S LATEST!!! THEY’RE BEST FRIENDS & he wants her to help him find a girl… “Josh Evans and I have been best friends forever. He knows all my secrets, and I know all of his. So when he randomly asks me to help him lose his virginity, I sort of flip out. That’s a question that sends your mind to places you’ve seriously never considered before. Like, you know. Having sex. With your best friend. Except Josh doesn’t want to have sex with me—he wants me to help him find a girl. A nice girl who’s funny and smart and cute. Except he already knows a girl just like that…”
PREORDERS (just a few highlights of those going live at midnight!!! )
- Complicated by Kristen Ashley – November 7th 2017
- Dirty Filthy Fix: A Fixed Trilogy Novella by Laurelin Paige – November 7th 2017
- The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – November 7th 2017
- Michael’s Wings (The Original Sinners) by Tiffany Reisz – November 7th 2017
- Hooking Up by Helena Hunting – November 7th 2017
- Jacob’s Ladder: Gabe by Katie Ashley – November 7th 2017
- Annihilation (The Mystic Series Book 8) by B.C. Burgess – November 9th 2017
- The Outliers: (The Outskirts Duet Book 2) by T.M. Frazier – November 9th 2017
- Sweet Tea and Sympathy (A Southern Eclectic Novel Book 1) by Molly Harper – November 21st 2017
Good morning!!! It’s rainy and ick here.
Good morning Nay!! It’s rainy and foggy here too.
The “crisp” cool air has left, and now it’s humid and will be back in the 80s for the whole week.
Although yesterday I read while sitting outside and it was pretty great! :D!!!
It was beautiful yesterday in Tennessee too, and I also sat outside all day reading Drowning Instinct. Finished it this morning, reading through the tears–LOVED it!! Now I’m starting a book by a new author–somebody named Robin something… 😉
Grumbles… *throws confetti AT Nay* Envy is such a green-eyed monster… I don’t get the book by that writer that shan’t be named until all edits have been done, because I’m the final spit and polish girl, LOL! *giggle* keep it clean, Amy…
I am starting Avoiding Commitment right now!
Its cloudy/rainy here too but is “warm” for this time of year at 64 degrees!
Nay, that is awesome you are reading Robin’s book! I can’t wait to get my hands on it.
Grey, I am waiting til edits made to read it too! Avoiding Commitment…that was an angsty one, and I couldn’t put it down.
Happy Monday everyone!!!
Maryse, I want 80s all year round! And palm trees. If it weren’t for stupid hurricanes, Florida would be pretty perfect. Want a roommate? 😉
Could we make a real-life blankie fort, and read in it everyday, Leslie? :D!!!
Good morning! You guys rock! I think I shall read and drink all the tequila today… *breathes in bag*
Some of us are just waiting patiently for the book. And R. I’d say don’t worry, but we all know that’s your baby. *hugs and hands her a few shots of tequila*
Okay, I don’t know how everyone else would feel about this series I’m reading, but I’m really enjoying it. It’s been a don’t put down series, called Incapable series by Marie Skye. Lots of angst and drama to enjoy, though trigger warnings BIG TIME if you have them. I’m on the third book and should be reading other books. lol
Don’t laugh Maryse, but I have been looking at those kid tent things they put over beds…I want to make a reading nook in my spare room and that would be like my fort. Hee hee
Hey I won’t laugh!!! My old “reading room” was pink and sparkly, with my desk and my laptop, and my cool speakers, and my book shelves and book trinkets EVERYWHERE… with soft lamps and a salt lamp AND AND!!! and had a pink tent right in it! A cute rounded one (that could fit at least two people – but it was only me and my dogs – and the inside was loaded in pink fluffy pillows and blankets, AND a futon! It was the coziest abode EVER and I decorated it with the holidays. I’ll see if I can find photos to post.
This should probably be my next reader confession.
OH YOU GUYS!!! What does your “reading nook” look like?
Leslie, those things are tiny! Though, if you get the pop-up dorm tent, it’s adult sized at least. That’s what little dude has for his bed. 🙂 That said, for a read blankie fort, https://smile.amazon.com/Plastic-Spring-Clamps-Woodworking-Blanket/dp/B019U6OX5C/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1509987467&sr=8-11&keywords=blanket+fort
I started a book this weekend, Emma in the Night. Very, very little read, but it’s a start! My library holds all vomitted out at once again, so irritating. I might only get 2 read out of the bunch.
– I had the crappiest weekend, so I’m hoping this week brings me better luck.
– Friday night, I had a stomach bug or something, which I’ve never had any ailments in previous pregnancies, and is one of my biggest fears this time around. – Saturday I was supposed to stock up on groceries and what not bc I’m always out of something and it’s getting colder so I want everything on hand for a while, and maybe Christmas shopping/browsing bc local stores had a thing going on. Didn’t happen with either, bc of my bad night.
– Sunday was my daughters 2nd swim meet for her swim club, which I’m strongly disliking and wishing I hadn’t signed up for, but I was ready to get it over with and not have to worry about any more until Feb. It’s an all day thing we also had to work for so I had to arrange a sitter for my toddler and he was extremely upset with me for it. Right before her event, we’re all sent to locker rooms for tornado warnings. And we stay there for almost 2 hours, lost electricity. We get the go ahead to take off and the drive home was scary when the downpour came and I couldn’t see to get home, but we made it. Luckily, we weren’t hit and everyone was fine, but a lot of homes and businesses there were badly damaged, some injuries. My brother was working not far from us and had car damage, he was lucky too bc the building was a lot worse. We don’t really get tornados around here so it’s the talk of the town right now.
– This morning I had to move my daughter’s audiology appt we’ve had for months, bc they decide to tell me the day before that we need an order from her doc for insurance to cover it. I can’t get a hold of the doctor bc the office is in the town the tornado hit and a lot of businesses aren’t operating. Which, ok I get that, not their fault. But, this is the 2nd time I’ve had to call this doctor to do this, among MANY other grievances on her part with this ear. Seriously, her last appt. she bought her a candy bar, which she hasn’t done in all the years she worked there, and said she prayed it worked the night before, bc it took at least 6 appts. to get wax removed, most of them uh ohs on her part.
– Crappy start to, hopefully, a better looking week!
P.S.–sorry for the vent!!
We had some snow yesterday but it didn’t last and didn’t stick. It’s clear and cold today and then we’ll have rain for the next week with temps in the 45-50 range. In other words, perfect Fall weather. 😀
Reading nooks! I’m ordering a new teal reading chair and ottoman for my bedroom this weekend (you can never have too many reading chairs ;)), and when it comes in I’m putting it right by my window looking out over the pond and draping some sheer panels with fairy lights around it. Add a side table with an adorable lamp and it will be complete!
Hey! We should all share pics of our reading nooks…well, when they are completed for some of us.
MARYSE! Did you see Kooloo and Nay read Drowning Instinct?!? I am just…inordinately excited for some reason. Oh yeah, ’cause it’s a GREAT book!!
Tessa…angst, drama, and trigger warnings?? CLICK!!!
Lol, I randomly saw it and thought, huh, why not? After reading the first one, I saw only one review from anyone I know, and when it comes to books like this, our tastes don’t match. 😀 So OF COURSE, I’m loving it and she one-starred it.
I put it on my ‘to be read’ shelf, Tessa. Sounds like my kind of book!
WELL WELL WELL!!!!!!!!! I WASN’T GOING TO BE MEAN OR BRATTY BUT I JUST CAN’T HELP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M GOING ON VACATION TOMORROW FOR A WHOLE CARIBBEAN WEEK OF FUN! SO ENJOY LADIES! I KNOW I WILL!!!!!!!!!!! I. JUST. NEED. A. BREAK.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THE BUSY SEASON JUST STARTED! THEN THERE’S THAT LITTLE SITUATION WITH BEING A BRAND SPANKING NEW HOMEOWNER AND I ALREADY WANT TO GIVE IT BACK… THAT MORTGAGE IS OUTRAGEOUS…SPAM AND PLASTIC NOODLES SOUND YUMMY!
My winter project is my book nook! I’d love to see everyone’s ideas or rooms!
Tasha, hang in there!
Tessa, thanks for the recs! I’m intrigued and you and I usually agree…. saw that 1 star rating you spoke of and yeah, she’s pretty critical of most books!
Nay, you are in Tennessee? I just booked a trip to Nashville in March! I’m excited!
I’m reading an ARC of True Abandon by Jeannine Colette…. love this series!
Oooh Maryse, please find a pic. I want to see that reading nook. I want mine to be pink, sparkly and princess like.
Amy, I want to see yours when you finish.
Sadly, no reading nook right now…just my sofa. But I do want to make one when I have motivation to clean spare room and money for cool chair.
OOOH, have fun Ela! That’ll be fun. 🙂 Get a massage or something while you’re there to help de-stress.
Jean, right? I’m just glad I stumbled upon the series. I’m almost done and, I admit, I normally don’t cry at sappy parts but this one got me. So I’m just going to enjoy the rest of the HEA when I get home.
Nope, no special reading spot for me. If I can lay on any furniture, it’s a reading furniture. Couch, bed, puffy overstuffed chair… They all work.
Tessaaaa… Send me the rec, if you loved it, chances are, I will too… Even though I’m a notorious hard @$$ about ratings 😆
Omg, I had zero time to read today my office was ridiculous. However, now. I get to read, my husband cooked and is on kid detail, so at the grand old time of 550pm, I am in jammies and am done for the night, Avoiding Commitment, here I come… That sounded better in my head, but you know what I mean!
Ela, so the house stuff? All worked out? Omg…vacation… Tell me more let live vicariously through you!
No reading nook here either. I’m with Tessa, I will make myself comfy anywhere.
I will say, a lot of the dark and triggers happened in the second book. It just enthralled me, especially since the hero is kinda overly possessive, stalkerish type.
No nook for me either, we don’t have room for that and even if we did, there would be no privacy, maybe when I’m old. Hah! I read everywhere. I have 1 day to tackle Emma in the Night before it goes back to the library. It’ll be like old times, ignoring my duties, to read a book in a day or 2. Procrastinator to the core right here! Then I can do The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Gwendy’s Button Box, Dating You/Hating You, or You Will Know Me. Excellent choices, wish I had more time!!
Happy Monday….or not.
I dream of a wonderful reading nook…peace, quiet, comfy blue crushed velvet isadora sleeper chair and lots and lots of books….OH! with a Keurig machine in a corner! I might never come out!!!
Ladies…remember months and months back when we had the big discussion about beards??? What’s your take on the a guy with dreadlocks???
Tasha, I hope your week gets loads better!
Dreadlocks, it depends on the guy. Also, depends on the hair. I prefer short or at max shoulder length hair on a guy. However, if it’s well done, not crazy, and he’s black (seriously, anyone else it looks ridiculous), it can be extremely sexy.
Well, the guy on the cover does not look black and his name is Blake…but I agree, on most others it looks ridiculous. Unmasked. It just makes me think of those guys with long blond dreads who talk like they are stoned!
Like this guy
No white boy dreads! *shudders* I agree with the drugged guy look. Or annoying poser.
I think dreads can be sexy depending on the guy.
No dreads for me. I think of dirty, nasty hair when I see them. Bc, I’m sure there’s more to it, but I believed that to be how you achieved dreads (not washing your hair). Like when dog hair mats. Speaking of dogs…mine decided to leave me a couple piles of fecal matter while we were eating supper. So, maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day. I know she’s aging, or stubborn, but I’ve had it. We made them a nice get up in the garage for the night. We’ll get her to the vet tomorrow and see where we go from there.
Oh Tasha! Bless your heart you have had a rough one!
Jean–Yup! I live about 20 minutes outside of Nashville.
Ela–Wow! Have fun on your vacation!
It must be so cool to live in Nashville!!!! Do you have any fun stories for us, Nay?
House all good! I’m taking sign ups for visitors…
Maryse–you mean like the time we my friends and I got backstage passes to the Eddie Money concert AND staying directly below him in the hotel AND rode with him and his band on the bus to and from the concert?? I know he’s not big now, but back in the 80’s when he was at the height of his popularity, that was a huge deal! BTW, we talked to his band members on the bus and said ‘hi’ to him, but he was so out of it that he hardly knew that we were alive.
The rest of my ‘brushes’ with fame (and I do mean brushes, lol) involve country music stars.
That IS a huge deal Nay!!!!! Very cool thing to experience. Was it messy? Did it smell? LOL!!!
Okay and now tell us about the country music stars!!! 😀
That’s awesome Nay!
thanks for including Mess With Me! Also with a tough cop hero!
I do love the cop heroes, Kylie. 😉
“Was it messy? Did it smell?”
*coughs to hide giggle*
It wasn’t their tour bus, so it wasn’t too messy. I guess it was one they were using to travel around Nashville, so there weren’t that many seats on it, so YES, it did smell!
And I feel like this is super corny because I’ve always grown up around it, but I went to school with the Oak Ridge Boys’ kids and I also worked for them when I was 18–I autographed their photos with a machine called an autopen, A few country music stars went to my church when I was growing up: Johnny Cash, Ricky Skaggs, a couple of The Oak Ridge Boys. My brother dated Reba McEntyre’s daughter when he was a teenager and went to her house a few times. That’s it! 🙄
If I was a country music fan, there’d be more, I’m sure, but I just didn’t really care at the time! lol
Oh, and my high school best friend’s dad was tour bus driver for decades, mainly for rock bands. I think he was driving for REO Speedwagon when we were in high school. He was ALWAYS on the road.
*reads Nay’s nonchalant comments*
*reads them again*
Oh my go…