Ooooh today is sort of a blast from the past, since a few authors on here are from my old indie days!!! It’s not a huge earlybird list, but we’ve got some of our favorite kinds of “heroes” to choose from (a hockey star, a cop, a mafia man, rock stars… even a surprise step-brother). LOL! Let’s read!!
EARLY BIRDS THAT JUST WENT LIVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!
- Resisting Love: Behind Blue Lines Series by Christine Zolendz <— CHRISTINE ZOLENDZ LATEST IS LIVE!!! She is one of my “original indie” favorites from back when I first fell hard for these “new adult” stories. He’s a cop and he’s trying to stay away from her… “…my job alone threatens it all, Threatens everything. I have to stay away, Otherwise, I’ll break her, Ruin her, And destroy us.”
- Roadie (Rock-Hard Beautiful Book 2) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. STUNICH ALERT!!! Another one from our original indie days!!! The author says… “WARNING: This book features one stronghearted young woman and her five rockstar lovers. All six of them are struggling to overcome their dark pasts while falling more deeply in love. P.S. Nobody said she had to pick just one.”
- Taming A Maverick (The Sterling Shore Series #11) by C.M. Owens <— C.M. OWENS ALERT! SHE HAS A ONE NIGHT STAND (and finds out he’s her new stepbrother)… “Unless that moment happens to be unknowingly landing in bed with my brand new stepbrother. The universe is a mean, twisted jerk. And one consequence is that I have to be around him and get to know him. The worst consequence is the fact that Maverick Sterling, the infamous playboy who can’t possibly be tamed..” (it can be read as a standalone)
- When Danger Bites by Heather Long <— MILITARY SHIFTERS ALERT!!! “Military intelligence specialist Corporal Kaitlyn Amador is the first woman in the Marines to be assigned to a recon team. And everyone’s watching her. Her mission? Not only prove herself worthy of her place in the group, but uncover the mystery of why Bravo Team is so successful...”
- Confessions of a Former Puck Bunny (Taking Shots) by Cindi Madsen <— HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!!! She’s sworn off hockey players since she’s had her heart broken and is focused on school but… “Ryder “Ox” Maddox’s deep, sexy voice sends fuzzy tingles through my entire body, and I’m powerless to stop it. Which is a big problem since the hot, surprisingly funny hockey player is my new math tutor.”
- Someone To Hear Me by T.A. McKay <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! The one he’s falling for is on the run from his dangerous husband… “What Kohan doesn’t know is he’s falling for a guy that has been through more than he could ever imagine, and when Ares’ dark past catches up with him, there might be a chance that neither man will walk away unhurt…“
- Sovietnik’s Fury by V.F. Mason <— HE’S BEEN IN PRISON FOR A CRIME HE DIDN’T COMMIT… and SHE put him there. “To save the man I loved, I had no choice but to betray him. He was out of prison now. He would come for revenge. All I could do was pray for mercy…”
- Betting the Bad Boy (Behind the Bar) by Stefanie London <— SHE NEEDS A JOB DESPERATELY and… “...he’s looking after his best friend’s bar for one month, and he can’t do it alone. Things get steamy when Noah hires Paige, but she’s determined not to repeat her mistakes and she bets Noah that she can keep her hands to herself while they’re working together. Too bad for her, Noah is an expert at breaking the rules…“
- Where I Found You (Heart’s Compass Book 1) by Brooke O’Brien <— SHE’S STARTING OVER and running from her past… “Then I met him… He takes my breath away. I can’t ignore the way he makes me feel. I know he has the power to destroy me. And that’s what scares me the most…”
- Good Lies (A Wild Minds Novel) by Charlotte West <— SECRETLY MARRIED TO A ROCK STAR (and she hates him!!) “Fast forward a few years and Addy is planning to attend her father’s farewell tour when she hears the news—Wild Minds is back in the good graces of Wanks and Janks. The two bands will be headlining together. This is going to make avoiding Warren difficult. Especially since it seems Warren doesn’t want to be ignored. He also doesn’t want a divorce. That’s right, Addy is married to the Wild Minds front man. Shh. Don’t tell…”
- Solo (Symphony Hall) by Lauren E. Rico <— STUDENT TEACHER ALERT!!! HE’S HER PROFESSOR… “If it wasn’t for that blizzard, if her car hadn’t broken down outside my house, if she hadn’t looked amazing by the firelight, I never would have kissed her. No matter how hard I try, every excuse I make not to see her comes up flat…”
- Trusting Tanner (The Collins Brothers) by Lexi Lawton <— SHE FRIEND-ZONED HIM... “Juliana is exactly what Tanner wants, and he’s determined to win her over with his kindness and humor… But one night—a night he can’t even remember—threatens to take it all away. With the flick of a “send” button, their hope for a future together is shattered. But Tanner isn’t the type to give up on what he wants...”
- Misfit by Alyne Roberts <— THEY WERE FOSTER KIDS IN LOVE… IN THE SAME HOME… “Getting close to Keaton was September’s biggest mistake. One that comes back to haunt her four years later, when the stakes are higher than ever. The two are going to have to work together on something dangerous and wrong but done for the right reasons. The chemistry and attraction are still there, buried under resentment and blame...”
- One Little Kiss (Smart Cupid) by Maggie Kelley <— SHE’S A LOVE BLOGGER & HE’S A RECLUSIVE RELATIONSHIP EXPERT... “The last thing Jake Wright wants is to be dragged back into the spotlight as a bachelor for his sister’s dating website. But when a sweet and sexy blogger crashes onto his island in the middle of a storm worse than his love life, keeping his hands off proves to be a challenge—especially when they’re stuck sharing the same bungalow...”
- Love & Lies by Jessica Wood <— HE’LL HELP HER BUT THERE’S A CONDITION… “He will help my family business out of its financial crisis under one condition: I had to spend a month with him and obey his every will and command. Desperate with no other options, I agreed to his terms and moved in with him. And to my surprise, I quickly fell for him and wanted him for more than just a month. But unknown to me, Liam had other plans in store for me…”
PREORDERS (going live at midnight! )
- The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles Book 2) by Amy Harmon – May 9th 2017
- Just One Touch: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks – May 9th 2017
- Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon – May 9th 2017
- Tangled: A Dark Protectors Novella by Rebecca Zanetti – May 9th 2017
- Until Sage (Until Him) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – May 9th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Woaw! ALREADY? Morning and geez it’s Monday!
DON’T FORGET The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles #2) by Amy Harmon GOING LIVE TOMORROW OR MIDNIGHT TONIGHT… 🙂
YAY Ela!!!! Thank you!! I added it. I read the first one… SO GOOD!!!! 😀
Morning! Sipping a pumpkin spice latte on this chilly spring morning…so ready for The Queen and the Cure (preordered..check!).
Monday already?!?!? This weekend flew by.
Thank goodness nothing is calling to me, because my TBR list is out of control right now.
I’m tapping my fingers while waiting for Amy Harmon’s release tomorrow.
Midnight, Kandace. 😉 Almost here….
Same. One good thing about being on the west coast is it goes live at a little after nine, not midnight like everywhere else.
AND OF COURSE WE CAN’T FORGET Love Me in the Dark by Mia Asher COME WEDNESDAY…
WHAT?!? How does that happen for you, Tessa? I never get them at 9:00!
Either way, I can’t wait for Queen and the Cure. 😀
And I never get them at midnight, or 11pm or whenever I should get them being on central time. I usually give up by 2am and then, when I wake up, they’re there. I don’t think I’ve ever had a preorder arrive before I go to sleep when I stay up late and wait for it.
Really Amy? I usually get them somewhere between 9-9:30 the night before. I can never purchase them at that hour, but I do get my pre-orders then.
I guess that means I better hurry with Night Shifts Black. I started that one today.
FYI…..Dannika Dark has book 2 in the Crossbreed series called Ravenheart coming out tomorrow! Can’t wait!
Apparently Ms. Dark released Ravenheart early! It’s on Amazon now and I just clicked it! So excited, I love everything she writes.
Enforce by Rachel Van Dyken is free today. It’s an Eagle Elite book.
*squeeeeeee!* And Dark Notes by Pam Godwin is 99 cents!
Same as Tessa. If, and only if, it is a pre order they come in sometime after 9 for me.
People are seriously annoying me today. If I’m being an adult I probably need to share some of the blame……but…..nope it is ALL them. As you all know I’m not annoying.
*covers Fabi’s mouth*
*snuggles bev… not annoyingly at all*
My Monday philosophy. 😉
I’m going to say this next time I’m annoyed today.
Right there with ya Bev. Though, I’ve been annoyed with everyone and everything for about a week. About one more and I should be back to normal. I’ve been thinking…you know how in some of those paranormal shifter books there’s a character who can’t change into their animal. But it calls to them or something, like it’s trapped inside. I’ve felt mine lately, envision her all the time even. My animal is *drumroll* the pterodactyl ya’ll. I feel her soar and squawk every month!
What a pretty afternoon. Lol
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and make a strangely terrifying pterodactyl noise (so it’s been described to me). 😛
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine is so mine tomorrow. In fact, I may read her first. I love these editorial reviews: https://www.amazon.com/Eleanor-Oliphant-Completely-Fine-Novel-ebook/dp/B01KGZVTOE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494273477&sr=8-1&keywords=eleanor+oliphant+is+completely+fine
Tasha, I keep seeing that book pop up. Love the premise.
So, all this week we should just say, What a pretty afternoon” when stressed or annoyed.
I love Calvin & Hobbes.
Maryse is cuddling me while making pterodactyl noises at people passing by.
And the worst part is when I make that noise…
I’m lying down in bed on my back… silent. And then suddenly I sit straight up (like out of vampire movie when he sits up all spooky in his coffin) but while the vampire is calm… I’m making the pterodactyl noise.
And once I look around and notice the terrified looks (yes my cats and dogs have also heard this and skittered away in panic staring wide-eyed)… I say… Oh I’m okay. And soundly go back to sleep.
Hey, someone posted an audio clip of Maryse!!!
bev…it’s ALWAYS them. Never us. Because none of us are annoying. EVER.
You got snuggled… 😆
Grumble grumble… bad day… just need to get lost in my book & forget today happened!
What’s going on with the world these last few days.
What is going on with our Monday?
*pushes MichelleS towards the pterodactyl*
I agree, Amy. When in doubt put the blame on someone else. 😉
Awwww, what a crappy Monday all around!!
Hey, at least we have The Queen and the Cure coming up for us tomorrow. 😉
And the soothing sounds of our resident pterodactyl.
I am soothing aren’t I? At least to me… maybe not by the traumatized looks of those around me when I have unwittingly woken them with the sounds of my people. 😉
Omg, that is hilarious Maryse. Just picturing sweet, sweet Maryse sitting up and making a terrifying sound. Priceless!!
Bev, that invitation to stay at her place isn’t sounding so good now is it?!! 😉
ROFL. Whatever must people think when they’re staying over at Maryse’s?????? Something spooky goin’ down.
I can attest that The Light We Lost was a great book. It had one of those endings that had me glaring at my Kindle and yelling “nope, you’re not gonna do that to me”. So yeah, a little bit o’ angst…but a beautiful story!!
Finally finished A Court of Mist & Fury. Perfection!!! 10 stars!
I meant a Court of Wings & Ruin!!! LOL
😀 That’s twice now you called it the other name. Proof that both were good.
I just wanted to say thank you Maryse for your great emails with the latest book releases. I have found so many wonderful reads through your blog that are not the “common generic” reads that all the other bloggers are recommending. Your blog is definitely responsible for my high Amazon kindle purchases on my cr card:)
Oh WOW!!! Thank you so much, Lynn, for letting me know!!
You made my day, my new friend. 🙂