Happy EARLY BIRD Monday and happy big new release-day Eve!!!! 😉 It’s going to be a good one.
In fact, one that so many of us have been waiting for (and one that I just finished a review copy of) will be going live soon and I can assure you, it too, was awesome. The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez <— I pretty much read it in one day, could barely out it down, and had my heart in my throat the entire time. Yes. This book, and the entire duet is an easy 5 stars!!!!
My review for #2 is UP, but here’s the short form of the review. 😉 It’s a must read, you won’t be disappointed, and it’s just as intense and intoxicating and emotionally nerve wracking as the first one. :D!!! If you haven’t started the duet yet, now’s the perfect time, ’cause the wait is over!! In fact, in case you missed it, here’s my review of book #1 ➔ Book Review – The Darkest Sunrise by Aly Martinez.
And don’t even get me started on how excited I am over Rachel Higginson’s new release (The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel) that is going live at midnight too. Aly and Rachel are two of my absolute favorite authors in the world, so I’m jumping right into hers, next. 😀
But that’s not the only excitement for the day, because take a look at the…
EARLY BIRDS THAT JUST WENT LIVE RIGHT NOW!!!!!
- Malentendido (Misunderstood) by Mara White <— FORBIDDEN LOVE/TABOO ALERT!!!! This is book #2 (so read #1 first) but I’m hearing it’d delightfully forbiddeny!! 😀
Kristy: This is the second book I believe. Maldeamores (sp) is the first I think
Natasha: Yes it is. The first book was meant to be a standalone but it never had a proper HEA. So she wrote this book for the people who needed it. And yes, Maryse, it’s super forbidden
Val: I read the first a few weeks ago! Forbidden and really great. Highly recommend. I am excited for this.
- Love Sick by H.J. Bellus <— HE’S AN ESCORT BUT THEN HE MEETS HER… “Iris, his best after hour customer, takes him on a yearly cruise with her friends. He’s there for one purpose and one purpose only…their boy toy. Memphis is no fool. A two week, all paid cruise to soak up the sun and sights is a no brainer. Only thing is he didn’t expect a little ray of sunshine on the ship this year…”
- All I Need: A Dark Alpha, Virgin Romance by Callie Harper <— SHE’S HIRED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM ALERT! “I was not told that I’d be looking after a dark, brooding, rich man mired in a world of pain. I was not told that this man would push all my buttons and test even my strongest limits. I was not told that he was devastatingly gorgeous with a wickedly, sinful mouth. I was definitely not told that what I’d end up feeling and what he would propose would drive me wild…”
- Trixsters Anonymous by Ahren Sanders <— SHE’S OUT TO CATCH CHEATERS & HE’S A DETECTIVE ALERT! “…We are the moonlighting duo hell-bent on helping those who suspect their lovers are cheating. We’re professional, careful, and completely anonymous…What could possibly go wrong? Walker Scott… that’s what goes wrong. I never stood a chance against the gorgeous, hazel-eyed, fiercely determined man who storms into my life and completely blindsides me…“
- Dark Temptation (Dark Saints MC Book 2) by Jayne Blue <— BIKER BOOK!! SHE HATES HIM ALERT!! “...I hated him. I hated his club. I hated. My path was set the moment that bullet killed my daddy. I knew what I was going to do and just how to do it. But the funny thing about my plans? They didn’t take into account how I felt when I really saw Benz. I knew in my head he was everything wrong for me...”
- Flutter by Olivia Evans <— WHOA!!! I LOVE this blurb… but I have no real idea what it’s about or where it’s going, but it sure sounds intense!!! HE LOST THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE...”...Motivated by grief and the desire to do for others what he couldn’t do for her, he burns the candle at both ends to make it through medical school. After graduation he moves west, putting as much distance as possible between his past and his present. Or so he thought. Unknowingly, Dylan has been set on a path that will destroy everything he thought he knew. All the pain, all the grief, was all for nothing...”
- Last Call (The Landing Strip Book 1) by Shelley Springfield & Emily Minton <— EX-MILITARY MAN OPENS A BAR… “...Lark Shelton finally puts down his gun and hangs up his uniform. Opening The Landing Strip bar with his two best friends and brothers at arms seems like the perfect escape from his past. One-night stands are all he will commit to, but when he encounters the feisty and sensual Paisley Black...”
- Addicted to Rhapsody: A Rhapsody Novel by Selena Laurence <— ROCK STAR OVERCOMING ADDICTION & THE YOUNG WIDOW HE WANTS TO HELP ALERT!! “...Savvy O’Roark is a widow and a mom at twenty-eight. She watched as her husband was murdered while trying to protect her. Now she’s struggling to keep her husband’s business and his memory alive, and Garrett wants to help. The only problem is she can’t stop the guilt she feels whenever she looks at him...”
- Screw Up (Hard Rock Roots Book 10) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. STUNICH GRITTY ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! And it CAN be read as a standalone! “...She thinks she can look at me all wide-eyed and innocent like that and walk away unscathed? If I could, I’d hide her away from it all—the sex, the drugs, the rock ‘n’ roll—keep her shining soul away from my tarnish, but those things … they’re a part of who I am…:
- Moon Struck (LaRue Book 3) by Donna Grant <— DONNA GRANT ALERT!! A Voodoo Priestess and a shifter… “…For most of her life, Minka Verdin thought she was nothing more than a gifted fortune teller until a life-altering experience brought her into her powers. Now, honed and hardened to be the weapon she knows she can be, she has no time for lust and love in her life. Unfortunately, a certain sexy-as-sin werewolf occupies her thoughts—and her heart—day in and day out...”
- How to Marry a Billionaire (Operation Billionaire Trilogy Book 1) by Elise Sax <— SHE’S TIRED OF LOSERS ALERT!! “Every time Beatrice Hammersmith falls for a guy, he breaks her heart and steals her appliances. It’s no fun sleeping alone and waking up without a coffeemaker. Fed up, Beatrice hatches a plan with two other women to move on from the losers. First on their agenda is to capture the heart of a man who’s the opposite of a loser…”
- Say Yes by J.R. Gray <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! “…Charles thrives off the exchange of power. He knows the world revolves around control. It’s given and taken like currency, in business and in pleasure. He won’t get attached, though, or so he tells himself, until James turns his world upside down. He’s defiant and snarky, but Charles can taste the submission on him…”
- Cocktails and Dreams: A romantic comedy with a perfect feel-good ending! (Martini Club Book 1) by A. L. Michael
- The Cowboy’s Socialite by Carmen Falcone
- The Vampire’s Pet: Part One: Prince of the City by S.E. Lund <— VAMPIRE ALERT! “…While her parents are away on a trip, Calla is drawn into a mysterious world that exits just under the surface and into the arms of a young man with powers she can’t escape and attractions she can’t resist. Out of the storm clouds materializes Kier MacLaughlin who asks for refuge in her family’s guesthouse to escape his enemies. Unable to refuse his request, Calla provides him shelter...”
- Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow Series Book 14) by Molly Harper <— MOLLY HARPER PARANORMAL COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT! “…When his new girlfriend is killed in a freak Ultimate Frisbee accident, he’s determined to save her, no matter the cost, even if it means bringing her into the darkness of vampire life!”
- One Week with the Marine (Love on Location) by Allison Gatta <— HER BEST FRIEND IS A MARINE & HE WANTS TO SETTLE DOWN... “U.S. Marine Holden Morris has never backed down from a challenge. And this time, that challenge is persuading wild child Avery Forrester, the woman he’s loved his entire life, to marry him. He wants the whole deal—a wife, a family. But convincing her to become a military wife won’t be easy...”
- Casual Affair (Slow Seductions) by Melanie Munton
- Bonding Games (Tropical Temptation) by Cathryn Fox
- Chance Seduction (The Seduction Series) by Jess Dee
PREORDERS (some going live at midnight!!! And a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
- Wildfire: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews – July 25th 2017
- All or Nothing at All (The Billionaire Builders Book 3) by Jennifer Probst – July 25th 2017
- Say No More (Gravediggers Book 3) by Liliana Hart – July 25th 2017
- Cross Check: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – July 25th 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James – July 25th 2017
- The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez – July 27th 2017
- Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled by Lauren Dane – July 25th 2017
- Fall by Eden Butler – July 25th 2017
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Am I first? *tosses confetti*
Morning Grey and Maryse and gang! Happy (no no really) Monday.
The good news… The no-buy book ban is almost over, 😆 because those Aly Martinez books sound right up my alley!
Whoa, not sure what happened there… I was still typing and then it was posting without my permission. *side-eyes my phone*
Morning Ela, Maryse and the morning crew. What was everyone’s best read of the weekend? And most anticipated read of the week?
Thank you, Maryse for being awesome!
LOL Grey!!! *hug*
My best read was the Aly Martinez duet. 😀 Fulfilling and exhilarating, funny and traumatic!! How can that be? I dunno but she’s just that good. 😛
Chokes on confetti and grumbles….morning all!!! Couple really interesting ones up there than were unresistable…added All I Need and Flutter.
P.S. Morning Lisa!!! 😀
Morning Ela!!! 😀
Ugh I needed more coffee I think. 😉 😛
I finished Love, in English this weekend and of course it was awesome-sauce.
Maryse, I can’t remember if I told you. I chose Maybe in Another Life as my “Maryse’s fave” for my book buddy challenge. I enjoyed the parellel storylines as I have never read anything like that. 🙂
Currently reading: Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland
Leslie!!! You must tell us how you like Beautiful Mistake because I want to read that SOON. I bet it’s awesome. The reviews are amazing, and I love that author.
I will keep you abreast. 😉
*snort* (for both Grey and Leslie)
*blink, blink* Did you guys know it is National Tequila Day??? I feel this is a *very* important fact to know. Where’s Amy? We should enact the buddy system.
Yuck, tequila. I’m the only one I know who doesn’t like the stuff. I have Wildfire pre-ordered and of course I’ll be reading the Higginson book. Right now, I’m still on my October Daye kick. I’m on the eighth book. I’m not taking any breaks in between. The second one is done, I go and grab the next one and start reading it. I’ll be so sad when all ten books are read and I have to actually wait for the next book.
Tessa we’ll be buddy-reading the Higginson book!!! 😀
Reading Malentendido right now. Oh. Em. Gee. I’m hooked!!! Love forbidden romances.
Tessa – I hate tequila. Tastes awful! My best book this last week is Malentendido or however it’s spelled.
Well, I’m a little slow today, so good afternoon ladies!
I bought Maldeamores because…. well, you know!
Finished A Court of Thorns and Roses! Moving onto book 2! Loving this series!
But, if The Brightest Sunset comes out early, I’ll be dropping everything! Maryse, I thought it wasn’t releasing until July 27th?
Oh. Jean. LOL. I’m extra early maybe? Okay lemme adjust the link. 😉
Ha Maryse, I started to get really excited! I’m still excited!
Morning fellow Readers!!! It’s a great day in Phoenix!! It’s raining and hopefully for most of the day!
I started TDS last night and am not far in yet, but I know something is going to happen. I have a few theories, so we shall see. I’m reading this book listening to the rain today!
I looked in my kindle and,was pleasantly surprised I bought the Maldemores awhile ago, just never read it! So yay me. I like the forbidden.
I bought Flutter, because I felt a flutter as I read the blurb! Haha! Any who’s it looked good.
*snort* Leslie said “breast”! Oh and we are BR’ing Beautiful Mistake By Vi Keeland
I grabbed maldimores or whatever it’s called. It’s a KU. I’ll BR the Higginson book. 😀
Ela, anytime I can fit the words “abreast” or “titillate” in a conversation, I do. ‘Cause I am mature like that!
Oooooh Leslie!!! Titillate is my favorite. It makes me titter. 😉 Oh my.
Maryse you are killing me this book “the darkest sunrise” just absolutely love it. I have to go to work. I’m a walking around like a zombie from no sleep. I’m going to be sneaking in the toilet to READ. Your going to get me fired. Love books like this then I’m starting the next one.
GAH!!!! I’m sorry Melinda!! 😉 Tee heeeeee!
My theories were correct on TDS!! I just finished and just WOW! I can’t wait for the second book. I need it now! Grrrrr
I just finished Beautiful Mistake. Love this author and her writing and I did love this book, but not sure if it’s a 5 *. It was a sweet, funny, and at times heartbreaking book, but there were also times it dragged and I wanted to just skip ahead. Have to think about it some more.
I have been following for a while now, I just became a stay at home mom after 12 years. I’m excited, I get to spend more time…reading. I just finished Beautiful Mistake, I had so many feels to it and also as well finished Dear Aaron, loved loved it. We actually met once before, at Bookbash 2014, you are amazing.
YAY Roberta!!! Congratulations on being able to spend more time with your family… and your books!!! Lucky woman!!!
P.S. Do we have a photo together? Oh I HOPE so!!!