More fantastic sounding recommendations and I swear it seems EVERY book on this list could get any of us out of a reading rut. Well, right off the bat, I know THREE below rocked my world at a 5-star level, so if you haven’t read ’em yet, DO IT!!! 😀 *waggles eyebrows*
MicheleF: OH MAN… I am in such a reader rut right now! I hate when this happens. I hope some of your recommendations help!!!
Michele. This list IS IT!!!
Now, of course, I got out of my reading rut with Kulti (<— my review)… but sheeeeeesh. It’s been what? 2? 3 days now? And I still haven’t jumped back in full-force. BELOW? This is the list for me. For sure I’m starting one from one of these adamant recommendations…
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AND a reminder: for those accessing my blog via their mobile device (phone or tablet) you’ll notice the look of it has changed (for now, that’s the “mobile compatible” version and I’m hoping we can get it close to the usual “look” while still keeping it “mobile friendly”). On a desktop computer/laptop the look of the blog is the usual one.
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Love, in Duology: The Love in English and Love in Spanish Bundle by Karina Halle <— BIG BIG SQUEE ALERT!!! One of my favorite books, AND its sequel, has been bundled at a super-bargain price today!!!! Here is my 5-star review of book #1: Love, In English. (thank you Lauren!!)
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah <— EMOTION-OVERLOAD ALERT!! Athena absolutely LOVES it She cried, she was furious and she’s hooked!!! “So I just finished an EPIC of a story and I want to urge you all to read this AMAZING story!! ‘The Nightingale’ by Kristin Hannah’ was by far of one of the most beautiful stories even written!! It really was one of those book that took you in from page one and still has a hold on me even though it’s sadly over for me! I laughed, I cried (holy moly did I cry), I fell in love and I was angry (oh boy was I angry). And yet by the end I felt at peace and for that I must say Ms. Hannah is an absolutely brilliant writer!! 5++++++++” OhhhI keep seeing this one in my stream! Thank you so much Athena!!! 😀 Yep… it sounds AMAZING. I think this might be my next.
- The Deal (Off-Campus Book 1) by Elle Kennedy <— ONE OF MY FAVS ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause Shannon LOVED it (just like we did!) “May I just say, you were right! The Deal was well worth the money. It was a great story and much more than I thought it would be. I loved this couple! Such smart writing. Thanks for the push!” YEP!!! Fantastic wasn’t it? Here’s my review.
- The Traveling Woman (Traveling Series #2) (The Traveling Series) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— CONCLUSION ALERT! Cliffhanger relief from book #1! AND many in our crew are absolutely LOVING it. Andrea: “Just finished Traveling Woman by Jane Harvey Berricks. What a sweet finish. Yes relief! It’s the slow steady kind. Not the earth shattering kind but just as awesome 🙂 ” and Sheena agrees! “Just finished The Traveling Woman by Jane Harvey-Berrick the sequel to The Traveling Man, this second book was just as magical as the first one and a great sequel, you really should read it.” #1 was really good… here’s my review.
- The Traveling Man (Traveling Series #1) (The Traveling series) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— speaking of which… here’s #1!
- Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven <— KINDLE DAILY DEAL ALERT!! Julie says: “I read Bad Romeo as Twilight fan fiction and loved it!” and book #2 will be out in just a week or so (I posted it below in the pre-orders). 😀 Rachel loved it, too, saying “LOVED this one so much and I’ve been checking over and over to see if my preorder has popped up yet lol Mama brain is a real thing, y’all! I kept forgetting the release date but these characters have stayed with me.” Cristiane is excited, too! “I can’t wait, Bad Romeo on sale is awesome”
- Deadly Captive by Bianca Sommerland <— DARK READ ALERT! Melissa found us this one, saying: “I just finished Deadly Captive by Bianca Sommerland Oh damn it is good!! A Dark Read wth a twist. Have you read it Maryse?” After reading that blurb… yesssss I think I have actually, a few years ago… I remember some very distinct scenes! “The crowd must be entertained, and her cellmate makes sure it is.”
- No Reverse and Fast Forward Boxset by Marion Croslydon <— TEEN PREGNANCY/ADULT REPERCUSSIONS ALERT! Amy almost read this one but was halted when she read a few spoilers in a review. GAH!!! I’m sorry Amy!! And so is Cheryl, ’cause she enjoyed these, saying: “Amy, nooooo, I’m so sad that you read a spoiler about No Reverse/Fast Forward because I read them and it was great!! A constant level of angst and well-written.” and B loved it, too: “Also, finished “No Reverse” I was hooked, I kept going back and forth on how it will all end…” Oh look at the start of this blurb: “…Cassie O’Malley and Josh MacBride were the poster couple for quarterback/cheerleader romance until they starred in their own tale of teen pregnancy. No need to say: their shotgun wedding was low-key. But when there was no baby anymore, they went their separate ways…” Whoa.
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— STUCK ON A DESERTED ISLAND/TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT!! Betty needed our book title help, and this is one I could totally answer ’cause it is one of my FAVORITE books. But I’m posting it anyway, in case someone out there still hasn’t read it (*ahem* AMY!!) 😉 and wants a reminder to. Or in case someone hasn’t heard of this one yet (*gasp*!) and this might spark your interest. Betty asked: “I need help finding this book! Someone recommended it, I didn’t jot down the name and here I am! It’s about a woman that’s tutoring some 16 year old kid, and I think he’s got some issues. Then go through a plane crash of some sort, and wind up together on a deserted island. Of course they fall in love (I know, older woman and 16 year old kid). Apparently some luggage wind up in the island and they use it…that’s all I know. The people that recommended said it’s not itcky but I wasn’t convinced. Help?” YAY I can help with this one! One of my FAVORITE books EVER!!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED!! Here is my review.
- The Charlotte Chronicles: A Novel (Jackson Boys Book 1) by Jen Frederick <— ROMANCE ANGST ALERT!!! And MichelleS is stepping in with a recommendation for poor Amy, saying: “But I have to recommend my current (almost finished) read to Amy…. seriously girl…. this has you written all over it. The angst, the coming of age, it’s so so good. It may end up a 5-star for me… we shall see later tonight. (The Charlotte Chronicles)” YAY!! ‘Cause if MichelleS thinks it’s an “Amy” read, then it’s totally a “Maryse” read, and MichelleS is pretttttty picky which means if she’s loving it, I’m likely loving it! 😀 *happy dance* “How do you hold on to the person you know in your heart you are supposed to be with when everything and everyone in the universe is telling you it’s over?“
- Roxy (Pandemic Sorrow Book 3) by Stevie J. Cole <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT! This one can be read as a standalone… Tara found us this one! “Another fabulous new release is Roxy by author Stevie J. Cole! This is her side if the story the first book was Jag! It is amazing!”
- Jag (Pandemic Sorrow Book 1) by Stevie J. Cole <— Here’s #1!!! “I’m messed up. If you asked anybody who I am there’s a list they will go down: Famous, rock star, legend, drug addict, womanizing man-whore, but if you asked me, I wouldn’t have the first idea of what to say, because I don’t know who Jag Steele is. Really, I’m living every other damn person’s dream, and all I want is reality…“
- Strawberries for Dessert (Coda Series Book 4) by Marie Sexton <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! bev found us this one! “I started Strawberries for Dessert. Its been on my radar for a couple years, many positive reviews, and so finally decided to start it. Now looking at the clock thinking I do not want to put it down.” and then to help someone out of book rut, she recommended it! “I just finished Strawberries for Dessert at it was really good.”
- This Round for Love – Champion Hearts Book 2 (MMA Sports Romance) by Malia Mallory <— JUST RELEASED!! MMA ROMANCE!
- Seeking Clarity by Christa Lynn <— JUST RELEASED!! RICH GIRL STARTING OVER/GORGEOUS MECHANIC but… “When gorgeous auto mechanic Mason Kennedy helps the damsel in distress, Clarity’s life starts to have real meaning. A new love blooms and her dream starts to become reality, until tragedy strikes and her newfound gold starts to fade. But is the dream fading? Or just tainted with lies and deception? What happens when Pandora’s Box is opened and Mason’s skeletons come floating out? Money, greed, jealousy and love can be a deadly combination.“
- Barbara’s Plea by Stacy Eaton <— JUST RELEASED!! ESCAPES ALERT! Escapes abuse, with her daughter in tow… but is she safe? “…dreads the moment her husband learns of their escape. In his desire to control them and bend them to his will, he will leave no stone unturned to punish them–especially Barbara…“
- Jayded by SHEVAUN DELUCIA <— JUST RELEASED!! OLDER WOMAN/YOUNGER MAN She’s 33 and starting over and he’s 24… “Kyle is the cliché bachelor; he is a twenty-four-year-old charismatic chick magnet who refuses to settle down. He’s dead set on living the carefree single life—that is—until Max comes strolling in…“
- Entice (The Affair Series Book 1) by S. Layne <— JUST RELEASED!! SOUNDS TUMULTUOUS!! “When the most difficult decision of Laurie Baker’s life needed to be made, she took off for a weekend alone to weigh her pros and cons and consider all her options…”
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick <— Amy’s recommendation! She says: “Oh! Did any of you ever read My Life Next Door? Sooo sweet and sooo emotional and it was definitely a five-star read for me. It was so much more than a coming-of-age romance. Anyways, there’s going to be a companion novel in August, The Boy Most Likely To. Yay!! ” OH IT DOES SOUND GOOD!!!! “The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase’s family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her?…“
- Boy Toy Chronicles – Volume One by Jay McLean <— LAUGH SO HARD ALERT! <— Tessa loved it! “Just finished Boy Toy Chronicles, and it was extremely hilarious. I was laughing through the whole thing, tears and everything type laughter. I want another with that group of guys, it was so funny.” and Tracy agrees: “Tessa – you and I must be in the same kind of mood. I finished Boy Toy Chronicles and laughed out loud a few times. I really liked it.” Yay boy toys! The college boy gigolos? That one does sound like fun!
- SEX Unlimited: The Unlimited Series Complete Volumes By Kathryn Perez <— SUPER-BARGAIN BUNDLE!!!
- Nobody’s Lost (Rescue Me Saga #5) by Kallypso Masters <— SUPER-BARGAIN MILITARY DOMS!! and Lisa loves ’em, telling us: “My current favorite Bad Boys are the Masters At Arms Doms: Adam, Damien, and Marco. The Rescue Me Series by Kallypso Masters is AMAZING if you are looking for your next great read…“
- Burying Water: A Novel (The Burying Water Series) by K.A. Tucker <— SUPER-SALE!! AMNESIA ALERT! “Left for dead in the fields of rural Oregon, a young woman defies all odds and survives—but she awakens with no idea who she is, or what happened to her…”
- Never Smile at Strangers by Jennifer Jaynes <— WHOA!! PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! This one sounds awesome! “…a twisted killer is hiding quietly in their midst. Ever since his mother’s murder four years earlier, he’s been forced to raise his disturbed teenage sister. He’s terrified of her–and of women in general–and his world revolves around his fear of and obsession over them…“
- The Vixen and the Vet (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— HERMIT ALERT!! Nancy found us this super-bargain, saying: “One of my favorite books of 2014 is on sale… for 4 days & an event tonight giving away 10 free Audible Books. THE VIXEN AND THE VET by Katy Regnery is a Beauty & the Beast type story with 2 wounded souls finding each other & love those recluse heroes. It has a 4.8 rating with 232 5* reviews with one of them being mine.”
Speaking of audiobooks: for those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PRE-ORDERS (many are for next week!)
Check out all of the APRIL 2015 Romance Book Releases up for pre-order on Amazon!
- Beautiful Secret (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren <— expected release date April 14th 2015
- Until July: ( Until Her ) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— expected release date April 13th 2015
- Master of Freedom: A Mountain Masters Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Cherise Sinclair – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Beautiful Secret (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Safe at Last: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Say My Name: A Stark Novel by J. Kenner – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Hard to Be Good: A Hard Ink Novella by Laura Kaye – expected release date April 14th 2015
- The Moment of Letting Go by Jessica Redmerski – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Taken: An Under the Skin Novel by Charlotte Stein – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Their Virgin Mistress, Masters of Ménage, Book 7 by Shayla Black – expected release date April 14th 2015
- Captive Films 2.3 by Jillian Dodd – expected release date April 14th 2015
- The Story of Son by J.R. Ward – expected release date April 15th 2015
- Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, Book 1) by Tessa Teevan – expected release date April 20th 2015
- A View From Forever (Thompson Sisters Book 3) by Charles Sheehan-Miles – expected release date April 20th 2015
- Broken Juliet (Bad Romeo) by Leisa Rayven <— expected release date April 21st 2015
- Asa: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover – expected release date April 21st 2015
- There You Stand: Between Breaths by Christina Lee – expected release date April 21st 2015
- Do Not Disturb (A Deanna Madden Novel) by A.R. Torre – expected release date April 21st 2015
- Aflame: A Fall Away Novella (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – expected release date April 21st 2015
- My Time in the Affair by Stylo Fantome
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).