Sundays and Mondays are getting to be exciting “release” days. Of course Tuesday remains the biggie, but it’s always fun to check out what snuck in early. 😉
- Word Play by Amalie Silver <— JUST RELEASED! This is the one that Fabi was excited about and mentioned a couple of days ago! It’s about a writer (writing under a pen name) and the blogger that makes it her mission to uncover his identity!!! Nooooo… it’s not me. Mind you… there are at least two authors that have me VERY curious, but I’ll let ’em be. 😉 But someone just told me my blog was mentioned in this book. How very cool!! 😛 “During a chance meeting at a book convention, Michael and Monica form an instant connection. And soon, an industry rivalry becomes something else entirely. But as Michael starts to let his guard down, he doesn’t realize that the person he’s learning to trust may be hiding secrets of her own.” <— DUN DUN DUUNNNNN!!! TK just said: “LOVE this book!!! Funny, witty, sexy – the whole package!!” and Stacy agrees: “It’s a hilarious book! I absolutely loved it.”
- Rise Up Volume One: Indie Authors Against Cancer–A Benefit Collection by Elle Michaels, Andrea Randall, Michelle Pace, Melissa Brown, Angelisa Stone, Remy Landon, Lindsey Paige, Mary Smith, Sarah Dosher <— And another new release!! An anthology with books by so many of our fav authors: “Rise Up Volume One: Indie Authors Against Cancer–A Benefit Collection” —> “100% of the proceeds of the Rise Up anthology (volumes one and two) will go directly to Stephanie and her family to help them on this unexpected leg of their journey together.“
- Chasing Perfection Vol. 1 by M.S. Parker <— He’s a talent agent, and a buttonhole! <— Okay, that was supposed to say “butt” not button, but apparently my autocorrect is as PG as I am. Tee hee!!! I’m goin’ with it. 😉
- The Seduction 4 by Roxy Sloane <— and this one. This is the final installment of this series, so I can’t read the blurb… but maybe someone here was waiting for it?
- Ricochet: Renegades, Book 3 by Skye Jordan <— MILITARY HERO!! “After a tragic incident in Afghanistan leaves Master Sergeant Nathan Ryker the only man standing in his tight-knit team, he spirals into an alcohol-and-sex induced escape” and then of course… he meets her.
- Whiskey Prince by Toni Aleo <— Heir to his family’s famous whisky company, but an ultimatum is issued. “With six months to get married, the reclusive Declan spots Amberlyn across a lake and instantly feels the need to know her.”
- Fated for Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens, Book 8 ) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster <— Girls weekend out at a ranch and “…she realizes the ranch is owned by sinfully sexy, and dangerously rugged, Wes Braden–the subject of her late-night fantasies.”
- Maybe Maby by Willow Aster <— I LOVED this author’s other standalone book (True Love Story) and I’m hearing this one is wonderful, too! “I’m 28 and everyone has left me. I have no friends. My boyfriend left. My mom died, so technically she left me too. I hate my job. I get this overwhelming ‘oh my God, is this what my life is gonna be?’ feeling and I want to die. Curl up and die. And since I don’t feel my heartbeat fading or my breathing getting even slightly faint, I panic that I’m gonna have to live.“
Kandace: I just read Maby Baby by Willow Aster in one sitting. I LOVED it!! Seriously girls, you need to add this one to your TBR!
Summer: Mine mine mine thanks for posting she is one of my favorites!!!
Alyssa: You are killing me Maryse!!!!
Donna: Finished it yesterday. ..loved it! Coen, Coen, Coen….just saying….
Sadie: Sorry ladies. Coen is mine. Really enjoyed this one!
- Flat-Out Celeste (Flat-Out Love Book 3) by Jessica Park <— released in May but it’s on super-sale today!! Here is the Flat-Out Love Series Reading Order. I absolutely LOVED book #1!!!
- Innocents (Dusty Book 1) by Mary Elizabeth, Sarah Elizabeth <— Jody just found us this new release saying: “Dusty innocents by Mary and Sarah Elizabeth just went live yesterday. I read it on fan fiction a few months back and LOVED it!!!!! Definitely a recommendation for fellow readers. Be warned though, not a light read!!!!“
- The Decimation of Mae (The Blue Butterfly Book 1) by D H Sidebottom <— Gorgeous cover and WOW! I have NO clue what this one’s actually about, by the blurb, except I know it’s a dark ride by the warning. “***WARNING*** This story doesn’t contain hearts and flowers, it doesn’t even contain the word ‘love’. It isn’t for the fainthearted, nor those who want romance and happy ever afters. It’s dark, in fact it goes beyond the dark realms of misery and despair. It makes your heart suffer, it will beat you down and it will still demand more from you. Yet it is still a story of hope and courage. Friendships develop and understanding digs deep, whilst acceptance and surrender give way to reverence and sacrifice. It contains disturbing scenes of sexual violence, cruelty and torture. It also includes self-harm, pain addiction and brutalisation. Please bear this in mind before purchasing this book. Thank you. ****
- Night Fury: Second Act by Belle Aurora (just released!) and here’s the first one: Night Fury: First Act
- Hot-Blooded: An ‘Ohana Novel by Kendall Grey <— “Blake Murphy is an assassin working to infiltrate a new Hawaiian cartel. His investigation reveals that Keahilani, the sexy surfing instructor he pegged as an informant, is much closer to the drug ring than he thought. Passion ignites between them in the bedroom, but their ironclad ties to opposing interests pit them against each other everywhere else.” <— Jamie says: “Hot-Blooded by Kendall Grey should definitely be added to that list. It’s not like her other work, which is fantastic BTW, it’s different, more edgy, more suspenseful and twisty turny.“
What is it about those types of warnings on dark books that makes me one-click them immediately?!? I wonder if The Decimation of Mae is going to traumatize me like Her Master’s Courtesan did..and what does it say about me that I keep going back for more?? 😛
It’s because we like adrenaline rushes!!! 😉 And jolts. And full-on punishment. In books. Onlyyyyy in books. 😛
Thanks so much for keeping us up to date MARYSE -I have loved your blog forever ! I am really excited about Hot-Blooded by Kendall Grey! I met her at Book Bash and can honestly say one of the coolest Authors there!!
Thanks for always keeping me in the loop with new releases!! I just read Hot-Blooded by Kendall Grey and it was amazing. Love it!!
I am about 30% into Hot Blooded by Kendall Grey and it is so freaking excellent that I have to slow myself down before I consume it too quickly! What is it about her writing? I’m highlighting like a maniac. “She shot a man. And she liked it.”
I’m reading Hot Blooded now, couldn’t wait for this to be released and I’m loving it so far! Fabulous writing as always by Kendall Grey.
I can’t keep up! Too many books and too little time. I think I have a love hate relationship with your blog!
I just read this book and it was phenomenal! So suspenseful, twisty and had me on the edge if my seat the while time! The paranormal thing going on was awesome!!! I need more now!!!
Tracy, I agree! I never thought I’d say this, with as much as I read, I thought it was an impossibility. But I can’t keep up with my TBR list. As soon as I think I’m making progress, Maryse’s blog adds another new dozen to my list.
Hot Blooded sounds really good, but did I read it’s book one in a series?
Maryse, please, please put Word Play on your tbr! It is adorable!! It’s very well written, sweet, funny, and just a touch achy in the right places. And you heard right, you have a small cameo! I loved it.
At about 13% in Word Play, having hard time getting in to it. Maybe I was just too tired last night….
Stick with it, Cheryl! It only gets better from there.
Read Ricochet and it was scorching hot. Wow, does Skye Jordan write some good steam. And the stories have a great pull which makes them unputdownable. I moved right on to her other books in the series. All great so far. Highly recommend!!!!