BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! THE LATEST BY PEPPER WINTERS IS LIVE ALERT!!! Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet Book 1) Oh it sounds like a dark romance… or a psych-thriller??? Eeeeep!! ➔➔➔➔
“…two meetings with two men changes her happy existence forever. First, she meets the man who makes her heart sing. Three years later, she meets the man who makes her blood quiver.
Broken-hearted from a teenage romance, Noelle’s freedom is no longer hers. It belongs to the stranger her father believes is her perfect match…”
Tomorrow’s new release list is going to be INSANE (I highlighted a few of the preorders below just to give you an idea), but today is looking pretty good, too. In fact, that one up there to the left, is the STAR of the month. And maybe even the year. This early in the year and I’m already saying that?!! Yep. IT. IS. THAT. GOOD. I promise!!!
So if I’m going to recommend anything off this, Mists of the Serengeti is a no-brainer!!! READ IT!! :D!!! Here’s my review.
But… if you’re curious, look what else I found (in fact, check out book #2 and #6 which both gave me a blurb-jolt). P.S. I’m also waiting for “Crown of Lies” by Pepper Winters to go live. !!! I’m expecting it, today, so I’ll continue stalking it and post it as soon as it does.
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Mists of The Serengeti by Leylah Attar <— LIVE!!! 5 STARS OF AWESOMENESS (ONE OF MY FAVORITE BOOKS EVER!!!). Okay so I know you already know that this one went live late last night, but JUST IN CASE you didn’t know… I had to post it again. This is the star of the show, my friends!!!!!! IT IS A MUST READ!!! Here’s my review.
- Becoming Mrs. Lockwood by K.I. Lynn <— LIVE!!!! SMALL TOWN GIRL & A HOLLYWOOD STAR ALERT!! “I’m just a small town Indiana girl that had a chance encounter with one of Hollywood’s golden boys. You may think you know where this story goes—not even close. Life is different. Marriage is hard. It’s even worse when you’re strangers...” Yep. Sound right up my angsty alley!
- Make Me (The Sterling Shore Series Book 10) by C.M. Owens <— LIVE!!! SHE WANTS REVENGE & HE’S PRETENDING TO BE A MILLIONAIRE DOM… LOL!!! “What do you do when a girl comes back for some petty revenge against you and seduction is part of her game? You pretend to be a millionaire dom, of course. Yeah…it sounded better in theory. My execution keeps ending up in awkward messes...”
- Below the Line: Nomad Bikers (Devil’s Due MC Book 2) by Chelsea Camaron <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!
- Plus One by M.N. Forgy <— LIVE!!! FAKE RELATIONSHIP ALERT!
- Pieces Of Heaven: Pieces Of Heaven (Heaven & Hell Book 2) by Natasha Madison <— LIVE!!! HER DAUGHTER WAS KIDNAPPED & HE’S THE COP helping her... “Serve. Honor. Protect, are the only things I’ve ever cared about until her case was dropped on my desk. As we searched for her missing daughter, the last woman I thought I’d fall in love with became my reason for living.Then the world came crashing down around us.One secret would change everything…”
- Planned Seduction (The Seduction Series) by Jess Dee <— LIVE!! Friends to lovers…
- Fake Engagement, Real Temptation (Passion and Protection) by Joya Ryan <— LIVE!! FAKE RELATIONSHIP to get back at her cheating ex!
- Playing the Player (Sydney Smoke Rugby Series) by Amy Andrews <— LIVE!! RUGBY PLAYER & A TEACHER ALERT! “When his team mates bet him he can’t break through Em’s resolve, he’s more than up for the challenge…“
- For Finlay by J. Nathan <— LIVE!! FOOTBALL PLAYER ALERT… and she hates him! “Caden Brooks is Alabama’s star quarterback. He’s got it all. The attention of adoring fans. A girlfriend who’d do anything to hold on to him. And a future in the pros. He’s getting along just fine until Finlay steps into his life, despising him at first sight and pushing his buttons like no other…“
- Welcome to Beantown: A Boston Belles Novel by Elle Vanzandt & P. Marie <— LIVE!!! THEY BECOME BEST FRIENDS IN COLLEGE... “When the three of them are thrust together in a new city and on their own for the first time at Boston College, none of them expected to click so suddenly despite their many differences. They also didn’t anticipate how much their lives would be changed...”
- The List by Tawna Fenske <— LIVE!!! HER FAKE SEX EXPLOITS LIST IS FROZEN ON HER LAPTOP SCREEN!! “To make herself more interesting, Cassie invented stories about her wild sex life—stories she’s expected to retell in vivid detail at a bachelorette party. Cassie’s attempt to catalog her biggest whoppers goes awry when she spills wine on her laptop and lands in Simon’s shop with her sexy list frozen on the screen...”
- Ruthless (Playboys in Love) by Gina L. Maxwell <— LIVE!! LAW FIRM ROMANCE ALERT!! After a one night stand, his firm ends up hiring her… “My plan was avoidance, but that got blown to sh!t when my firm hired her as a new junior attorney. Now I’m her boss, and I’m supposed to act like I don’t want to bend her over my desk every five minutes…“
- The Evolution of Ivy: Poison by Lauren Campbell <— LIVE!! LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! SHE’S TAKING HIM BACK… “She thinks she has him. But I’m going to take him back. He thinks she’s the one. But I’m going to show him he’s wrong...”
- Now You’re Mine by Avril Tremayne <— LIVE!! SHE FALLS IN LOVE IN the United Arab Emirates… “Sent to the United Arab Emirates to review an exclusive new holiday resort, journalist Jenna Martin stumbles into the path of a beautiful stranger, Kalan Al Talyani. Over one unforgettable night, the reclusive billionaire will tempt her, test her, seduce her, and offer her an electrifying taste of a life outside her comfort zone…“
Eeeeeep!!! :D!!! GOING LIVE AT MIDNIGHT:
- Good Boy by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy – January 31st 2017
- Vampire Girl 4: Moonlight Prince by Karpov Kinrade – January 31st 2017
- The Knight by Skye Warren – January 31st 2017
- Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James – January 31st 2017
- Acer (No Prisoners MC Book 3) by Lilly Atlas – January 31st 2017
- Heartbreaker (Filthy Dirty Love) by Stacey Kennedy – January 31st 2017
- EASY 3 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward – January 31st 2017
- Justice Ascending (The Scorpius Syndrome) by Rebecca Zanetti – January 31st 2017
- Falling for the Highlander by Lyndsay Sands – January 31st 2017
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Ney – January 31st 2017
- Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner – January 31st 2017
- New York Nights: A Collection of Steamy, Alpha-Male Romances by Whitney G – January 31st 2017
- Infini by Krista and Becca Ritchie – January 31st 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Wow! Where are all the slackers? 😀
Eternal Ecstasy (Guardian of the Realm #10) by Setta Jay is out now its the last of the series….
Dang nabit! Been lurking all morning & R beat me to it!
I was trying to beat Grey!
Thank you Jennifer!!!
I shall look it up! 😀
Becoming Mrs. Lockwood sounds SO good…and the part “you may think you know where the story goes” was total catnip for me.
“My execution keeps ending up in awkward messes…” <——– *snort*
Can I whine for a minute? I can? Great!!
Why are some blurbs more like mini synopses of books? The Do-Over sounds really good, but so much is told about the plot in the blurb that I don’t even feel like I need to read it now. Keep the blurbs intriguing but short and sweet, people!!
*steps off soapbox*
I found a blurb for a book (just last week) that essentially told the whole story… EVERYTHING. Kind of like as if every chapter was summarized. It even said, something along the lines of “…in the end, they are happy with their decisions for their lives together…”
And I was all… wait… what?!!! Why would I need to read it, now?
And yes!!! Becoming Mrs. Lockwood makes me think it won’t be so predictable…. which I love. I want to be surprised, especially in a popular trope.
Four of my preorders going live tonight! Book candy week! I think The List looks good too! Love reading RomCom!
Maryse, right?? Just like you said in your second comment…we want to be surprised!
What was that one book, the one originally with the topless lady in the bikini bottoms (shown from behind) and the dog had her bikini top in its mouth? I had no idea from the blurb or cover how emotional that one was going to get, and I loved being surprised by it.
Book candy…love that term, Lisa. 😉
I still have to read Dollars from Pepper Winters! Now another one. Eventually… Honestly my next dark read has to be Ricochet because it was a lend.
OMG, anti-hero. Jared from Bully by Penelope Douglas. I told you I went blank!
Ooooh! I’m starting Becoming Mrs. Lockwood tonight! That’s my kind of book!!!
Amy, is this the book you were talking about?
Yep Leslie, that’s it!! It was SO good. 😀
Tessa…Ricochet by Keri Lake? I loved that one.
I’m with Maryse and Amy on the blurbs. I often won’t read them at all or just barely skim them. I don’t want to know the story before I read it.
I like blurbs that give me a HINT of what to expect: humor? Dark? Ängst? And a tease so I will read it. No lengthy synopsis please. I also never read when they include part of a chapter in a review.
Blurbs should just be teasers. Just enough to suck you in.
Liking Becoming Mrs. Lockwood, and also looking forward to GoodBoy.
See, unless I read a persuasive review or a good rec I have to read the synopsis.
I can not go in not knowing anything. It’d totally throw me off if I thought I was reading a CR and a vamp or a liens show up.
Overly wordy or misleading blurbs stink!! I imagine it’s difficult to write them… but it aggravates me when blurb spoils or portrays story incorrectly. Sometimes if I have heard good enough reviews I skip blurb.
“if I thought I was reading a CR and a vamp or aliens show up” LOL Bev. I can just see that happening.
I honestly hate blurbs that or so vague, they tell me nothing.
I loved him.
He loved me.
Then it happened.
And we were broken.
You all know that’s probably a real blurb somewhere!
Omg, Tessa. That has to be like 80% of the blurbs, just distilled down. Lol.
lol And if I read a blurb like those, I just skip. 😀
Amy, anytime I have several books to read or I find an awesome series with all the books out, I call it book candy. Cause, I want eat/read it all at once!!!!
I’m going to throw this out there because I never think anyone likes the non-cr books I read and then I’ll post one and someone will say thanks. So…
I just read a great Dystopian M/M Romance. Heavier on the romance than the dystopian theme. I couldn’t put it down until I finished. It’s one of those hurt-comfort stories that get me every time.
Breaker by Kelly Wyre and A.F. Henley
Just finished Make Me by C.M. Owens. It was really good. Of course I LOVE all the Sterling Shore books. The whole fake Dom thing made for some hilarious scenes. They were awkward with a capital A. I was laughing out loud!
After the seeeping love story that is Mists of the Serengeti (yup loving this one) I’ll probably be totally in the mood for Breaker, Fabi.
When the review talks about an island of misfits, it reminded me of Immortals After Dark. Remember the island? “My Riiiinnng”..,, LOL
Oh noooo, I don’t remember the island. :-(. Was it early in the series? I don’t think I got very far into IAD.
I don’t know if that was with the Berserker or like my memory keeps telling me, in Lothair. I do remember the scene, just not who was there.
Tessa…bwahaha, that’s the most awesome blurb ever, I want to use it if I ever pull my head out of my a$$ and publish… *kidding*
And R *sticks my tongue out at you*
I finished reading Hard Count by Ginger Scott. Sooooo good. It had that hate to love thing, a strong set of secondary characters, and the book was way more than a romance or a football story. I have yet to be disappointed by this author.
Grey, go for it. Lol
Nah, ‘cuz I will want YOU to read it, so I can’t have some sh*tty blurb like that…
LOL I’m all, what did I do? 😀
😀 I do wonder how many books a blurb like that would actually sell.
2 things I want to know before I start a book. 1, is it a cliff? If so now I will wait until after the whole series is out. Because I forget the details of a book when I am 8 or 9 books in when the next come out.
2, Is it HEA. A must! Life is too challenging and I need all the HEA possible.
It is all the blurbs just succinct and to the point, Tessa. I mean just look at #6 up there.
How about a blurb for the Marmy group.
Just: 50/50 chance some one dies.
The island was in a few books – most notable Regin’s Book with her berserker that got reincarnated into that jack @$$ that was in charge of the place and kept vivisecting her! Remember? And she kept telling him he was going to be SOOO SORRY when he finally remembers who they are to each other? Those were the good old days of IAD. Haven’t read the series in years. But I remember al the early books.