Happy Friday Finds everyone! Over 25 books on today’s list and I’ll be adding more as the day goes, so keep checking back. 🙂
So… whatcha reading this weekend?
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- White House (Boxed set) by Katy Evans <— LIVE!! KATY EVANS BOX SET ALERT!! Two books together and the set just went live!
- Crux Untamed (Hades Hangmen Book 6) by Tillie Cole <— RECENT RELEASE & KIM LOVED IT!
Kim: Crux Untamed by Tillie Cole was AMAZING. Gah, I love this series and I’m already dying for the next book If you haven’t started the Hades Hangman series you NEED to start NOW! My fellow Hades fans, drop everything and read this one. I can’t remember the last time I was this giddy about a book!
- Shield (Greenstone Security Book 2) by Anne Malcom <— LIVE!!! MC BEFRIENDING THE LAW IS BETRAYAL ALERT!! She’s the sister of the Prez… “…The fact I’m a woman means I don’t wear the patch, but it’ll never change the fact that I’m a Templar by blood. We’re known as royalty in the outlaw world. Though, the dynasty is dancing on the right side of the law these days. That doesn’t mean that the law and those who enforce it are friends…”
- This Man Box Set, Books 1-3 by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— JODI ELLEN MALPAS BOX-SET ALERT!!!
- Fallen Heir: A Novel (The Royals Book 4) by Erin Watt <— THE LATEST NEW RELEASE (Cracked Kingdom (The Royals Book 5) PROMPTED A SERIES BOOK SUPER-BARGAIN!!
Tessa: I didn’t realize Erin Watt’s Fallen Heir was only … so yep. Mine. Maybe it got lowered due to the book up there. *points to Cracked Kingdom*
Krissy: Omg! I have been WAITING for this book after that cliffhanger! What an awesome surprise!!!!!!
- LIVE!!! BRENDA JACKSON ALERT!!
- Bone Music (The Burning Girl Series Book 1) by Christopher Rice <— SCI-FI-THRILLER LIVE!!! Anne Rice’s son!!! “...Charlotte Rowe spent the first seven years of her life in the hands of the only parents she knew—a pair of serial killers who murdered her mother and tried to shape Charlotte in their own twisted image. If only the nightmare had ended when she was rescued. Instead, her real father exploited her tabloid-ready story for fame and profit—until Charlotte finally broke free from her ghoulish past and fled. Just when she thinks she has buried her personal hell forever, Charlotte is swept into a frightening new ordeal...”
- In Harmony by Emma Scott <— R’s FEBRUARY FAVORITE!!! Possible her favorite of the year (already!!)
R: …mine was In Harmony hands down. It will take a masterpiece to top it for the year.
- Forgetting You, Remembering Me: (Memories from Yesterday Book 2) by Monica James
- Opal (a Raven Cycle Story) by Maggie Stiefvater
- It’s You, Book One by by Katy Regnery & K.P. Kelley <— KATY REGNERY PARANORMAL SUPER-BARGAIN!!! “...after that kiss, I never saw him again. His name was Jack Beauloup. Jack, my “Beautiful Wolf.” Twenty years passed. He has returned. For me...”
- Cake <— CARMEN JENNER’S LATEST IS LIVE!! LOL I love the cover and the blurb sounds just as hilarious… this POOOOOR GIRL!! They HATE each other… “Poppy Porter’s ex is getting married … to her ex best friend. To land her dream job of partner in the most prestigious firm on the Upper East Side, Poppy must now pull double shifts as their wedding planner and maid of honor. And the icing on a truly craptastic cake? Leo Nass. Handsome, infuriating, womanizer, and … the best man. Despite their longstanding loathing, Poppy doesn’t see Leo coming. Literally…“
- A Cowboy’s Luck (The McGavin Brothers Book 8) by Vicki Lewis Thompson <— LIVE!!
- The Four Horsemen: Descent by LJ Swallow <— LIVE!!
- Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann <— JAN HAS TWO FEBRUARY FAVORITES!!!
Jan: What was everyone’s fav read of February? I love reading about those. When I looked back, I was pretty shocked to see mine was a draw between (wait for it) two new CRs!! Shock!! Not a HR! What?????? Both books were by well-known authors I haven’t read before. So, backlists here I come. Yay!!My equal favs were: Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann. Lovely CR about a music therapist who falls in love with a widower who has a mildly autistic son. To the widower’s surprise, he falls in love too! It’s a lovely, funny and sensitively told story. Really well-written.
The other one was Dirty Dancing at Devil’s Leap. I didn’t like the cover or title, but read it on a rec. And it was lovely! A small town romance, but really well-written and involving. Very enjoyable. I highly recommend both.
- The Worst Best Man by Lucy Score <— Back on the list ’cause Cheryl AND Kandace’s FEBRUARY FAVORITE WAS THIS ONE. They loved it!
Cheryl: The Worst Best Man- it was over the top at times, but again loved the strong h.
Kandace: I loved this book
- Pucked Off (The Pucked Series Book 6) by Helena Hunting <— HELENA HUNTING SUER-BARGAIN HOCKEY STAR ALERT! “...I have secrets. Ones I shared with the wrong person, and she used them against me. Sometimes she still does. I should cut ties. But she makes it difficult, because she’s the kind of bad I deserve. At least that’s what I believed until someone from my past gets caught up in my present…”
- Musketeers: Fallen MC #2 by C.J. Washington <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! And Beth G is excited!
Beth G: Hey guys! ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS IS BACK. C.J Washington! She wrote one book in 2015, and we’ve been waiting on the second one since (she had health issues but she’s ok ) It was the first book I read of hers and I loved it she was officially on my list of no questions asked I’ll read it. The first is called Duke: Fallen MC #1, the second is The Musketeers and its just been released. If you like bikers I highly suggest giving it ago.
- Burn by Suzanne Wright <— SUZANNE WRIGHT PARANORMAL SERIES and Tessa is LOVING it!
Tessa: Maryse, the series is The Dark in You series by Suzanne Wright. It’s seriously addicting. I went and bought the third book. lol It’s so well written and just a lot of fun, with an EXCESSIVELY possessive hero and a sassy, doesn’t give a crap, independent heroine.
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor <— Tessa says MIND-BLOWING!! One of Tessa’s FEBRUARY FAVORITES:
Tessa: Strange the Dreamer – Just mind-blowing. The writing and the intelligence of this book had me hooked. I honestly didn’t want to stop reading it. The characters were fully fleshed and very human, and the questions that kept going through my mind while reading it… some were answered, some weren’t. It was just a really well made book.
- Ryan’s Bed by Tijan <— Another Tessa February Favorite!
Tessa: Ryan’s Bed by Tijan – Very emotional and those last lines really hit you and makes you understand what you read in a whole new light.
- Beartown: A Novel by Fredrik Backman <— TASHA JUST 5-STAR LOVED IT (even more than A Man Called Ove)!!
Tasha: …it was fantastic! I loved A Man Called Ove, I 5 starred it even, it made my list for best of the year, but this one is so much more!! I think every one of you would love it just as much.
I kind of sort of went in blind because I didn’t remember anything from the blurb except it was about hockey, Fredrik Backman wrote it and it’s been on plenty must read lists. OMG is it ever a must read!!! It’s about so much more than hockey.
It started off a little slow, but not enough to not keep me intrigued. And there are a lot of characters to get to know, but maybe 40% or so, you really start to get to the big part of this story and it gives you so many feels. From the small town community to the hardships the people face, the strength of the hockey club and team loyalty, the screwed up relationships, but yet their strong bonds and love, the anger and outrage you feel at the big conflict, and even the adrenaline the big games make you feel…so good!
I’m still super peeved at the injustice of some things, but awesome read.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Beartown by Frederik Backman <— Kandace LOVED this one like Tasha did! But she listened to it…
Kandace: I listened to Beartown this week. Has anyone else read it? I can’t stop thinking about it. It’s not our usual romance trope. It was so much more. It was about first crushes, Love a parent has for a child. The love of friends. The love of marriage. And… the love a town has for their hockey team. Something awful happens and everyone in the town’s loyalty is challenged. There’s such a fine line between innocence and bad. It’s never a straight story. I cried a few times. I didn’t think I would love the story like I did.
PREORDERS (A few of next week’s!!! )
- Accidental Tryst: A Romantic Comedy by Natasha Boyd – March 6th 2018
- Genesis (Project Nemesis) by Brendan Reichs – March 6th 2018
- High Voltage: A Fever Novel by Karen Marie Moning – March 6th 2018
- Ruin by Samantha Towle – March 6th 2018
- Burn Bright (Alpha and Omega) by Patricia Briggs – March 6th 2018
- Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City Book 7) by Penny Reid – March 6th 2018
- Lake Silence (World of the Others, The) by Anne Bishop – March 6th 2018
- Law & Beard (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC Book 8) – by Lani Lynn Vale – March 8th 2018
- The Hook-Up Experiment (The Experiment Book 1) by Emma Hart – March 13th 2018