Friday Finds & Reader Recommendations – October 12th 2018

by Maryse on October 12, 2018 · 81 comments

SATURDAY MORNING BREAK NEWS UPDATE!!! UNREQUITED LOVE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! The Unrequited is super-angsty and it REALLY worked us over!! P.S. Here’s my review (and all the incredible comments – this was a real book discussion)!! ➔➔➔➔

Grey: Maryse, it’s awesome! I 5 starred it… it was fantastic…I can’t even tell you what it compares to… i want to compare it something… kind of arsen meets slammed… to the extreme… but not… it’s different, you can’t really use that comparison, but it’s on a level all it’s own.

Heather: AMAZING!!!! I haven’t read a book that affected me like this one in years. I’m so excited for you to read it!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! So many awesome books just went live over the last 24 hours, and I’m still loading them in (including awesome recommendations that have been coming my way). YAY US & OUR READING WEEKEND!!!! Keep checking back, as I’m adding to the list as we speak.

Also! Breaking news:

Nay:  If any of you are Terrible fans, I just read this on Stacia Kane’s website. It was posted in July, 2018 (the first time she’s posted in almost 2 years):
I am still working on Downside 6. It’s happening. I promise.” SQUEE!!!!!!!!

Maryse: *thud* OMG NAY WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAAAAATTT!!!???? Oh I’m going to make a news post this weekend and that’s going on there. YAY US!!! How I LOVED Terrible!!!!!!

JulieO: Fill me in on TERRIBLE please.

Maryse: Here you go JulieO: http://www.maryse.net/books/i-have-terrible-fever-my-review-of-the-downside-ghosts-series-by-stacia-kane.html I lose my MIND of Terrible. And OMG THE ANGST.

And now…

TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND :D !!

• Player by Staci Hart <— Staci Hart’s latest is LIVE!!! Oooooooh ANGSTY and she’s a bet and she doesn’t know it yet!! GASP!!! “…I’m his model student, front row, pencil sharp. Pick up lines? I’ve got them. Free drinks? By the dozen. Kissing? Let me grab my chapstick. But the most valuable lesson I’ve learned is that there’s so much I don’t know. Like why his touch sets off a chain reaction straight to my nethers. Or how I’m certain each kiss is the best I’ll ever have, until the moment his lips take mine again. There’s so much I don’t know. Like the fact that I’m only a bet. But we are what we are. He’s a player, through and through. And I’m the fool who fell in love with him..”
  • What Lies Between (Where One Goes Book 2) by B.N. Toler <— The SEQUEL to Where One Goes & DG LOVED IT!!

DG: Finished What Lies Between last night as Michael’s winds and rain was whipping through my area…and I must say it was AWESOME! I was so TORN! How the heck do you choose…love of your LIFE or SOULMATE?!?! When they are TWO different people BUT two halves of one whole?!?! I DEVOURED these two books! ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY loved, LOVED it! Make no mistake…there were tears shed! BN Toler, you have become one of my favs!

Jenn: Don’t you wish we could just *pause life* and do nothing but read. I started Where One Goes based on DG’s comments from yesterday and I am very early in to it but absolutely hooked. I have been at work since 5:30 and I keep stealing moments to read a few pages…I can’t seem to stay away; which is not good as Friday’s are so busy for me. I might just have to go lock up my phone and my ipad in my truck but than I would have to give someone my key as I have NO willpower….So yeah I am most definitely hooked!

• All My Life by Prescott Lane <— SINGLE FATHER/UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!! RECENTLY RELEASED & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! Dianela LOVED it!!

Dianela: This book was so amazing!!! It got me in the feels!! I married a single daddy 9 years ago… I’ve been mom to his daughter and it’s the best feeling in the world…

Jessica: It’s a beautiful story! I couldn’t put it down once I got started. One of the best friends to lover books I’ve read in quite a while.

Robyn: All My Life sounds so much like my favorite book Unbreak My Heart!! She’s known him and loved him since childhood, marriage, a child and divorce and he doesn’t know or realize this. This sounds like some angsty unrequited love to moi. This just moved up to next in my que!

• The Gathering: The Ivy Blackwood Chronicles by L.A. Fiore <— LIVE!! L.A. FIORE ALERT!! SHE WAS LOCKED AWAY… “...Calm and dispassionate, even when the screaming started that quickly turned to bellows of agony before dying into nothing but the roaring of the fire. She was locked away where she couldn’t bring harm to herself or others. To all involved, they had protected the world from a monster, but sometimes things are not what they seem….”
  • Sweetheart for the SEAL by Alexis Abbott
  • Fool’s Errand (Cartwright Brothers Book 4) by Lilliana Anderson
  • Loving Mr. Cane (Cane #3) by Shanora Williams <— SHANORA WILLIAMS FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! THESE MUST BE READ IN ORDER!! SHE’S ALWAYS CRUSHED ON HIM… “...I learned things about him…dangerous things. I was too stubborn to heed his warnings–too naive to see the complicated mess unfolding right in front of me. My life was torn to shreds because of my desire for him, but how am I supposed to stop loving a man who still means so much to me?…” P.S. Here’s the series reading order.
  • Five Years Gone: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Marie Force <— Marie Force’s latest release and we have feedback!! RUTH LOVED IT!

Ruth: Just finished a marathon reading of fyg. Thanks so much for another great read. Can hardly wait for John’s story. Your stories are great!

• Ridge by S.L. Scott <— S.L. Scott’s latest ROCK STAR is LIVE!!! And it’s super-bargain priced right now!! “…My big plans never included falling for a rock star. Too soon for that. He wants to make us a “thing,” and I can’t deny our chemistry is combustible. His persistence is wearing me down, making his proposition hard to resist…”
  • Surviving The Storm: Surviving Raine & Bastian’s Storm Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— Laura’s BEST of 2018 & IT’S ONE OF MY FAVORITES!! YAY!!!!

Laura: I’ve had Surviving the Storm by Shay Savage in my Kindle for ages and just read the two books in a marathon reading session over the weekend. WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?! No wonder Sebastian Stark always tops those lists of anti-heroes in romance novels. Easily my best read of 2018.

Jennifer: Can you recommend any books like Surviving Raine by Shay Savage. I loved that book, but can’t find one similar with an a$$hole guy turned better.

• Love Sincerely Yours by Sara Ney & Meghan Quit <— JUST RELEASED YESTERDAY & we have feedback!!! JENN LOVED IT!

Jenn: I devoured “Love Sincerely Yours” and now I want to drown in it’s awesomeness. This was such a FUN, SEXY, SWEET read!

• His Rebel Heart: contains Rocky Mountain Rebel / Zack (Favorite Tropes Collection Book 3) by Vivian Arend
  • Til Death – Boxed Set by Bella Jewel <— SERIES BUNDLE AT A GREAT PRICE!!! MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! He has to marry for and she falls in love with him... “…She falls for the charming man, believing she has found the one. He sweeps her off her feet, letting her believe the lie. But the moment the ring is on her finger, a monster is born. Determined to stick by his side, Katia fights for the marriage she believes in. She’s in love with him. Then she finds his Grandfather’s will.  And hell is unleashed…”
  • When Forever Changes by Siobhan Davis <— RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK! Melinda is loving it!

Melinda: For all of you that are in a book slump this is the book you are looking for, it’s really good. I find when I’m not reading, I’m thinking about it………So it’s called When Forever Changes by Siobhan Davis it’s got everything angst, really good writing, good story, rip your heart out feelings, heavy romance that involves 2 guys. No cheating. It’s kindle unlimited too. I’m loving it. So enjoy……

• Still Not Into You: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by Nicole Snow <— HE’S HIRED TO PROTECT HER... “…He pushes buttons I didn’t even know I had. Gabe freaking Barin. Fire to my ice. Walking mountain. Growly, alpha, and achingly kind. Last man on earth I want in my life...”

AUDIOBOOK L:DVERS!

For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>

• AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
  1. Bigger Rock by Lauren Blakely <— AWESOME DEAL on this Lauren Blakely audiobook series bundle!!!
    “Four romance novels – packaged into one delicious audio bundle, narrated by Sebastian York! Bigger Rock is the only bundle for the number one NYT best-selling Big Rock series, and it includes the first four audio books – Big Rock, Mister O, Well Hung, and Full Package…. ”
Jessica: 4 books and 26 hours?!? Yes please!!! :D :D :D :D got it.

PREORDERS (…a few of next week’s!!! :D )

1. Neanderthal Seeks Extra Yarns (Knitting in the City Book 8) by Penny Reid - October 15th 2018
  2. Dirty Rich Cinderella Story: Ever After (Dirty Rich Book 5) by Lisa Renee Jones  - October 15th 2018
  3. Dear Jane by Kendall Ryan - October 15th 2018
  4. Going Down On One Knee (A Mile High Matched Novel Book 1) by Christina Hovland - October 15th 2018
  5. The Book of Magic by by George R. R. Martin,‎ Scott Lynch,‎ Elizabeth Bear,‎ Garth Nix, Gardner Dozois - October 16th 2018
  6. Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks - October 16th 2018
  7. Listen, Pitch (There’s No Crying in Baseball Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – October 16th 2018
  8. Undeniable Rush (Furious Rush Book 3) by S.C. Stephens - October 16th 2018
  9. One Week Hating You: One Week Series Book 2 (standalone) by Roya Carmen – October 25th 2018

➔➔➔  Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).

Sign up for my weekly newsletter

Nay October 12, 2018 at 6:25 AM

Good morning–happy Friday!!

Brrrrr! It’s chilly outside this morning, but I’ve got my pumpkin spice coffee and I love that fall is here!

Leslie M October 12, 2018 at 6:31 AM

We need some Friday glitter!

I am so happy it’s the weekend and I can’t wait to start reading Bring Down the Stars. The sequel is due out next week! I think Michele & Cheryl said they would buddy read it with me. Maybe we can start it Monday-ish?

Jenn October 12, 2018 at 6:38 AM

Good Morning all-

OMG Maryse there are so many on this list that I want to read…like right NOW!

Don’t you wish we could just *pause life* and do nothing but read. I started Where One Goes based on DG’s comments from yesterday and I am very early in to it but absolutely hooked. I have been at work since 5:30 and I keep stealing moments to read a few pages…I can’t seem to stay away; which is not good as Friday’s are so busy for me. I might just have to go lock up my phone and my ipad in my truck but than I would have to give someone my key as I have NO willpower….So yeah I am most definitely hooked!

Jenn October 12, 2018 at 6:40 AM

Leslie-Let me know when you get to the second book and I will BR with you guys…. :)

Melinda October 12, 2018 at 7:38 AM

So enjoy……

Nay October 12, 2018 at 7:44 AM

Leslie–I’m doing the 2nd with y’all too!

Melinda–just put it on my tbr. Thanks!

Melinda October 12, 2018 at 7:47 AM

Paula recommendation Nay.

I should be ready Monday too Leslie. Count me in.

Tasha Ja October 12, 2018 at 7:50 AM

53 here today. I’m adding layer upon layer. And a hat too. For inside the house. Does this weather constitute for turning the heat on? I’m freezing!! Probably no reading for me again this weekend. Trying to finish daughter’s room, housework, soccer tourney all weekend. And a ghost tour tomorrow. BOO!! Lol

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 8:19 AM

YAY!! I’m adding it to today’s post Melinda!! Thank you! :D

Jenn October 12, 2018 at 8:23 AM

Melinda-WOW WOW WOW-another one that is now definitely MINE! Thank you!

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 8:24 AM

LOL Jenn!!! I love the sound of that. When a book is so good you can’t stop reading no matter what’s going on around you!

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 8:25 AM

It will be in the upper 80s today. *sigh* BUT!! It is starting to cool down at night. In the 60s!!! YAY ME!!

Leslie M October 12, 2018 at 8:29 AM

I set up thread BR for Bring Down the Stars to start 10/15. :)

Nay & Jenn, tentative start book 2 on it’s release (scheduled for 10/18)

Linda October 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM

Only 30% into Absolution by Ava Harrison. Single dad theme is catnip for me!! Loving it!! So much to do!! Juuuust waaant to reeead. 55 here this morning and breezy!! So beautiful.

Amy October 12, 2018 at 9:04 AM

Happy Friday!!

*looks around for Grey and her glitter*

*shrugs*

*sets off Grey’s glitter bomb*

BOOM. Done.

Now I’m off to work because just as I thought would happen, I was called in. For an almost 12-hour shift. *sigh* Drinks are on me tonight!! :D

Tasha Ja October 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM

I think I’ll take the 50s over your 80s, Maryse. Now, come January/Febuary, I’ll wish for FL. Heat is on. Lol

Michele G October 12, 2018 at 9:22 AM

Yay Amy!!! So glad you found Grey’s glitter bomb!! Now it feels like Friday!

Yes, Leslie I’ll be ready on Monday! So excited for this Emma Scott duet!!

I finished Tears of Tess last night (or early this morning rather)…it was a good one…I’m gradually working my way through a lot of the oldies you all have already read.

42 degrees right now with a high of 47 today! I would just love a transition fall…but we like to go from 80′s to 40′s and 50′s overnight…at any rate, I do love sweater weather!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Nay October 12, 2018 at 9:34 AM

It’s a very sunny 48 in Tennessee right now and we’re expecting 64 today and nothing over 67 for the next 9 days. Yay!

Tasha–I was going to say ‘yes!’ on the heat! We turned ours on last night once it got to the high 50′s.

Jenn–lucky you! I’ve been slogging through a book for 3 days. At first, I thought it was an ‘it’s me’ thing, but I’m beginning to think it’s an ‘it’s the book’ thing. I’m skimming now. I’m at 65% and ready to move on to other things!

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM

I LOVE that first smell that the heater gives off… kind of a burnt-dust smell and coils but I LOVE it. LOL!!!!

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM

Ooooh it’s so sparkly in here!!! I love it. *squeeeeeezy hugs Amy*

Maryse October 12, 2018 at 10:09 AM

Michele G I have so many pretty sweaters I can’t wait to wear!!

DG October 12, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Yay Jenn! Love, LOVE that you love. (Ha that is 3 loves!). What Lies Between!

Cheryl October 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM

Leslie, yep I’m in for the BR!!!!

Melinda, that one sounds good- adding it to my tbr.

Cooler today- in 60′s vs. 80′s hot and humid. I’m more a hot weather girl. Don’t enjoy the humidity but prefer hot.

Now back to work! *Amy I’ll take that drink later when I get home!!*

bev October 12, 2018 at 12:50 PM

I’m throwing you all over board.

I went to Alaska!

Tasha Ja October 12, 2018 at 5:50 PM

Fried pickles, it’s what’s for dinner.
Are you the type of person who inevitably orders the same thing every time you go out to eat? Or do you try something different nearly everywhere you go?

Leslie M October 12, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Mmmm….I love fried pickles.

I get same things unless it’s a new restaurant.

Tasha Ja October 12, 2018 at 6:45 PM

I like to switch things up almost every time, but we don’t go out often anymore.

Tasha J October 12, 2018 at 6:53 PM

I was thinking as I was eating my chicken fingers (which I haven’t had in ages) that my cousin ALWYS gets chicken fingers or a burger everywhere he goes and how I always picked on him for it. Lol, so that’s where that came from.
Anyway, I’ve been thinking of Travis (THE Travis) and Shane from Christine Zolendz Mad World series, and Kellen (THE Kellen) and Griffin from Jewel E. Ann’s Transend duet and I’m gonna need more. I can’t think of any others right now, these guys stand out, and I need that type of book. Are there more?!

Cheryl October 12, 2018 at 6:53 PM

More depends on what I’m in the mood for.

Jan October 12, 2018 at 8:00 PM

If I’m out I like to try something different, that I’d never cook at home.

Tasha I like your memorable men. I haven’t met Shane though (yet). Let’s add Will Sumner to the list. And Nick Pagano. Hmmm. Who else? Candyman. Oh now look what you’ve started. Ha ha ha. Jean-Christian Rousseau. Hardy Cates. Reiner Kulti. OK, I’m stopping before this gets out of control.

Tasha have you read Dirty Headlines? And The Difference Between Us. Possibilities for you maybe??? Or Juniper Smoke? Now that one’s really different, and interesting.

JulieO October 13, 2018 at 5:54 AM

Nick Pagano. What book? He’s the only one that is unfamiliar. So obviously I want to get to know him.

Maryse October 13, 2018 at 8:51 AM

bev!!!! Did you cry? :D !!!!! Tell me that’s not a rich, heartwarming read.

bev October 13, 2018 at 9:44 AM

From Alaska? Um..yes and no.
It made me cry but it left me feeling depressed. I was a little surprised at how much it brought me down when I woke up the next day still feeling it.

Nay October 13, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Tasha–I also loved Shane! I recommended him to someone a couple of weeks ago.My two faves are Tack Allen (Motorcycle Man) and *my* main man Kova (Coach Konstantin Kournakova from the Off Balance series).

I finally finished the book I’ve been reading all week and I’ve decided I’m going to go with the Paula/Melinda rec, When Forever Changes, because I need some good rip-you-heart-out reading. I’m also definitely going to fit in the B.N. Toler books when I have time to read two back-to-back.

bev October 13, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Wait.

Maryse I went to Alaska with you all in September.
So, we went on a trip together and you never even talked to me.
Now I’m in Korea, alone, intrigued by a possible psychopath and nobody notices. You and Amy would probably be all, “Oh, isn’t that sweet. Let’s plan the wedding before bev mysteriously “disappears”.”

bev October 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Grey would supply the glitter.

Jean would cry and whisper to Tessa that the groom seems so broken. Isn’t it romantic?

R would supply the venue. And if one day after my “disappearance” she found some freshly turned earth on her property she’d just shrug and think “I must get my draft in to Nay today.”

Nay may think of me from time to time and shiver/smile and think that’s the gamble of a taboo bad boy.

R. Renee October 13, 2018 at 12:41 PM

Priorities bev! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheryl October 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM

Bev, I’m sad I’m not included in the wedding planning! I *might* notice you disappeared; just saying. :)

bev October 13, 2018 at 1:28 PM

Lol, sorry Cheryl.

When Tasha and Leslie discuss how I could be so foolish to disregard the signs I know you will nod with understanding and quietly sing:

Look into your eyes
I am so into you
And the sky’s the limit, I’m helpless
I know I’m down for the count and I’m drownin’ in ‘em
Down for the count and I’m drownin’ in ‘em

Maryse October 13, 2018 at 2:37 PM

bev. The psychopath intrigues me. I forget how to stalk him?

bev October 13, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Really??! You want to stalk him?
He might be a psychopath….sometimes his eyes change and…..*shiver*.
I watch it on the Viki app. It is The Smile Has Left Your Eyes.
It is an adaptation of the Japanese movie A Hundred Million Stars Falling from the sky.
So if you do be careful of comments or ratings cause spoilers. Though the kdrama may not stay true to source.

bev October 13, 2018 at 3:21 PM

I really hope he turns out not to be.
It’s funny because you all know I’m not usually too worried about spoilers.
But this one I want to stay spoiler free and at the drama blog I read I have to be so careful. It is kind of irritating that people are doing scene and character comparisons not thinking how much that gives away.
It makes an interesting discussion but just wait until it is over.
Though I also know the frustration when you want to discuss something that’s been out for years, it’s like how long do I have to wait?

Anyway, if you try it please let me know what you think.
I am hooked on it. I watch it and then an ep of a spy comedy I’m enjoying right now before I sleep. It is the perfect balance of salty and sweet. :)

JulieO October 13, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Nay
When is the last Kova book coming out? Am ready and waiting. Do you know?

Jan October 13, 2018 at 5:36 PM

What is this Kova book one speaks of????

*runs to kindle to find out*

Oh yeah, THAT Kova. I think I tried the sample once but didn’t go any further. Maybe I need to have another look….. he he…….

Julie, Nick Pagano is from Susan Fanetti’s Deep. Oh my…… a deep, dark loner who thinks he will never love. Till he meets Beverly. :D Oh yeahhhhhhhh. A truly beautiful character transformation takes place in this book. Best one in the series IMO. I reckon you could read it standalone too.

Jan October 13, 2018 at 5:41 PM

Yes Nay, Tack! How could I forget Tack? Or, if we’re going Kristen Ashley, Joe Callahan as well :D

JulieO October 13, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Jan
Thanks for the Nick update and now you’ve got me drooling over Joe one of my all time faves.

Cheryl October 13, 2018 at 6:26 PM

Bev, you do not want me to sing. You might prefer the psychopath to that.

Leslie M October 13, 2018 at 7:08 PM

I’m bored….

*twiddles thumbs*

bev October 13, 2018 at 7:38 PM

Well I know you wont watch a drama. ;)

Cheryl, lol. The last thing I remember was I started singing and then she was just gone.

Nay October 13, 2018 at 8:52 PM

Oh yes, I love Joe too! And we can’t forget the original uber alpha–Tate Jackson! KA has given us so many great ones!

JulieO–L. Franco had originally said November, but she’s not finished writing, so she’s pushing it back. Although she didn’t even give an estimated date, if I had to guess, I wouldn’t expect it until spring, 2019 at the earliest. If we get it before then, I’ll just think of it as a nice surprise.

JulieO October 13, 2018 at 10:00 PM

Nay
Oh, I don’t want to wait that long!
Did you have trouble liking Kova at first? Took me awhile, and I still don’t like his should I say methods? I am probably going to have to read both books again because have forgotten so much. Hear anything else please let me know. Thank you

JulieO October 13, 2018 at 10:02 PM

Nay
I will have a better understanding of gymnastics when I watch the Olympics the next time.

bev October 14, 2018 at 9:33 AM

Good morning.

Coffee time?

Tasha J October 14, 2018 at 12:33 PM

I have to catch up on all these comments!! Maybe late tonight, but I know I saw recs for men and THANK YOU!! :D I’m writing them down in my notes later.

Tasha J October 14, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Ok, I would whisper that u should’ve seen the signs. *nods* That is me.

I still want to read Deep, Jan, I really enjoyed the sample I read of it.
Tack! He was a memorable man for a long time of mine too. A book I actually reread probably too many times.

The Difference Between Us, yes I’ve read that one. Not Dirty Headlines, but will check that out. Also, haven’t read Juniper Smoke and will give it a try too. Kulti’s a good one!! Who is the Candyman?!

Tasha J October 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM

We went on a ghost tour last night. It wasn’t spooky enough for me. Then my daughter fell ill, so I suspect a spirit has it out for her. :P
I’m gonna clean up my house soon, I’m so excited!! And put her room back together and FINALLY work on finishing touches. I got fairy clip light for snapshots of family and friends and I’ll get a couple decals yet. Cute new bedding and pillows, some neato signs from the hobby lobby. I’m excited to pick out light switch covers, honestly. Lol

bev October 14, 2018 at 1:42 PM

But it’s so good. And he is so intriguing.
What’s a girl to do?

Amy October 14, 2018 at 2:37 PM

Three things:

1. I’m picturing the freshly-turned earth on R’s property from bev’s story as holding TWO bodies…bev’s and our dearly missed Fabi.

2. Definitely sweater weather here, and I absolutely LOVE wearing sweaters. Now I have the Sweater Weather song in my head…

3. Chicken and dumplins for supper tonight (except no dumplins for me :( ) while I FINALLY sit down and watch bev’s creepy-eye guy.

bev October 14, 2018 at 2:59 PM

Whoa.

I didnt see that coming.

R seems so friendly.

Too friendly.

About 3 ……its like when I say I’m going to read a book, lol.

R. Renee October 14, 2018 at 3:02 PM

If you saw my yard right now you might buy that theory. I wouldn’t even have to dig. I could just lay the bodies in the grass and they’d stay hidden!

Leslie M October 14, 2018 at 4:19 PM

It’s hot chocolate time here. Brrrr! It was in the 30′s last night. I want chicken & dumplings…I have never made that before. I wonder how many dead bodies are lurking at R’s house? ;) Tasha, did you put a creepy hand thing on your daughter’s wall?? I am starting Bring Down the Stars. Woot woot

Nay October 14, 2018 at 6:41 PM

I made this fall’s first pot of chili last night. SO yum!

JulieO–We may not have to wait that long. I’m just remembering the delay with Execution and trying not to get my hopes up. Who knows? She may get on a writing tear and finish before the end of the year. And no, I didn’t really have trouble falling for Kova–even if I didn’t always love the way he handled some things, I adored the way he handled other things and I was hooked on him from the beginning. Since I crushed on older men when I was a teenager, it’s very easy for me to put myself in the mind of the heroine in this type of book.

Cheryl October 14, 2018 at 6:47 PM

Tasha, that’s my favorite part- adding the finishing touches!

1. It’s hot chocolate weather here too and I just got my sweaters out of the storage trunk.

2. Went a little crazy decorating my porch for Halloween. Even got a couple skeletons at Target to sit the table and chairs.

3. Bought a tan utility jumpsuit while getting Halloween decorations. Had seen it in a blog for Who What Wear line from Target. Like it better with the blue turtleneck than on it’s own.

Jenn October 14, 2018 at 7:00 PM

Hi All-

Well I finished “Where One Goes” and “What Lies Between” B.N. Toler. These were definitely not my normal type of reads so I had no idea how I would feel….I absolutely loved the first book so much, I can’t stop thinking of the characters. This duet was a beautiful visual journey that I probably would never have read if I had not seen DGs comments so thank you DG!

JulieO October 14, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Nay
Keeping my fingers crossed. Keep me up to date please. Kova knocked my socks off, I also like older guys/men.
Thanks.

Jenn October 14, 2018 at 7:07 PM

Cheryl I love that jumpsuit definitely with the turtleneck and the boots but I like it by itself too with heels

bev October 14, 2018 at 7:08 PM

That’s really cute Cheryl. Jumpsuits seem to be popular right now. Also, maybe noticing an almost 70s vibe in some of the clothes lately?

Tasha J October 14, 2018 at 7:47 PM

I think I need to meet Kova.

Tasha J October 14, 2018 at 8:09 PM

And no baby hand for her Leslie, it doesn’t go with the theme. Lol!

Cheryl October 14, 2018 at 8:28 PM

Who’s Kova?

Leslie M October 14, 2018 at 9:04 PM

Love that baby hand.

Nay October 14, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Kova is the hero of the Off Balance series by Lucia Franco. A VERY taboo, forbidden, naughty set of books about a gymnast and her coach (Kova). Make sure you don’t skip out on reading the blurb/warnings on these. Another reason I loved it is because it’s one of those series I set out to read this year that’s told only from the h’s POV.

bev October 14, 2018 at 9:51 PM
Jan October 15, 2018 at 12:27 AM

Oh the baby hand. Yes!!!

You’ve probably all popped off to beddy byes now. I’ve just got home from work tired and a bit grumpy and I’m sitting down to chill out for a little while before dinner. Catching up and giggling over some of the comments (like the baby hand).

Tasha, Candyman is from Lauren’s Gilley’s Tastes Like Candy, a spin off series from her Fearless series. I looooovvveeee the Candyman. It’s a really great book. One of her best IMO. OMG that man is HOT! *sizzle*

bev October 15, 2018 at 1:00 AM

On my way to bed.
Monday is coming.

What are the odds Amy met my potential psychopath?

JulieO October 15, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Kova is very naughty. But I love him.

Deb B me October 15, 2018 at 7:31 PM

Oh wow! So glad I found you on FB & your blog here, thanks to Stephanie :) I love your recommendations & hope you’ll take a look at one of my favorite new releases by the talented, amazing & just all around sweet human being, Annie Rose Welch, and book #1 in “The Beautiful Years” :Dhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G8PNLL6/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i0

Amy October 16, 2018 at 12:26 AM

bev…I went to Korea.

Finally.

And met your potential psychopath.

But you know who I’m enjoying the most?

The brother/detective.

Lots of dry humor moments made it fun. And burgundy-haired dude is just CREEPY.

So there. I went to Korea and you went to Alaska. Wonders never cease. ;)

bev October 16, 2018 at 7:44 AM

Amy!!!

I love the brother so much.

He is creepy SIG plays him so well. The way his eyes change. And then the way, in certain eps, his expressions change when he spends time with Jin-kang is intriguing, lol.

But I still worry about the cat.

I’m happy you tried it.

Amy October 16, 2018 at 8:33 AM

I know, bev! When they were leaning against the car and he was snuggling her and smiling and then…smile gone and brooding look is back.

You know what kept distracting me and cracking me up though? The timed comments. I kept having to pause it so I could read the comments, LOL!

bev October 16, 2018 at 8:38 AM

I never put the comments on, but I know some people love them, lol.

So, that first ep gave me a bit of the creeps. Then I started to hope he is not a psychopath. Especially when he is with Jin Kang.
Plus, I’ve only seen that actor in charming roles so this was a trip.
I’ll be all “Oooh, misunderstood broken guy”….and then ” Oh your creepy again”, lol.