AN AMAZING FRIDAY FINDS LIST TODAY!!! New releases (like that one there to the left) and recommendations that have me SO intrigued!!! And I’ll be adding to it all day as more come to light, so if you loved a book, let me know! 😀
But first! Some exciting book news:
Judy Blume’s Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret is going to be a movie!!! I loved this book SO HARD when I was young, read and reread it over and over again. Gah! I wish I still had that old ratty copy… It would be one of my book treasures. *sigh*
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Wrong Game: A Sports Romance by Kandi Steiner <— The latest by Kandi Steiner IS LIVE!!! She needs to fill an extra seat all season long… “...The plan is simple: a brand new, hot, preferably funny, definitely single male will fill one of those seats for every Bears game at Soldier Field. And I’ll fill the other. I can’t think of a better way to use the season passes I’d bought for my ex-husband. I am a woman of plans, and this one’s foolproof. Until Zach Bowen offers to be my practice round. He’s infuriating. Presumptuous and overbearing. And absolutely, undeniably gorgeous…”
- Twice Bitten by Alexa Riley
- The Day I Stopped Falling for Jerks (Jerk Duet Book 1) by Max Monroe <— Max Monroe’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! HE’S HER BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER!! She has the worst track record with relationships... “...After going through the most ridiculous breakup in the history of breakups, I thought I’d learned my lesson. I officially put myself into jerk rehab and committed to changing my ways. But, let’s be real here, love is never that easy. Especially when an arrogant, charming, he-devil of a sexy alpha man gets involved… …Oh, did I mention that he’s also my best friend’s brother? Yeah. This story, my story, it’s a real doozy you guys. The day I stopped falling for jerks, I met Oliver Arsen—the biggest jerk of all.“
- Believing Her: An Enemies to Lovers Fake Fiancé Romance by Annabelle Love
- Pixie Cut (The Sublime Book 5) by Julia Wolf
- Coming of Age in Berkeley by Jake Warner <— Linnie is loving it!
Linnie: Reading Coming of Age in Berkeley by Jake Warner. I highly recommend it!! This is my obsession at the moment.
- Cards of Love: Seven of Swords: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romantic Suspense by JJ Knight <— LIVE!!! HE WON… and she STOLE it all. “…This call girl is like none other. She’s passionate and wild, and I want to keep her for myself. I’ve stolen some of the greatest jewels known to man. This mere woman should be no issue. But in the morning, she is gone. And so are my swords. I know when I’ve met my match...”
- The Story of Arthur Truluv: A Novel by Elizabeth Berg <— SUPER-SALE ALERT!! AMAZING REVIEWS & IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC!!!! Tasha found us this one!!
Tasha: The Story of Arthur Truluv by Elizabeth Berg is on sale… This one has been on my tbr for. a long time. 1-click!!
- On The Way Down: The Retake Duet Book 1 by Ella Fox <— LIVE!!! Sounds like it has a touch of that FORBIDDENY stuff that we love so much... 😉 She was too young. He was too famous. “...Shaelyn Monroe was only seventeen when she met larger-than-life action star, Garrett Riordan. He thought she was a breath of fresh air. She thought he was out of her league. Their attraction was something neither could ignore…”
- Baby Teeth: A Novel by Zoje Stage <— CHILLING!!!! Lisa read this one and I’m DYING to read this one!!
Lisa: I read Baby Teeth some time ago. It was creepy, but not enough to give me nightmares. The little girl is just awful, and the father is a bit clueless to it all. If I had a kid like this, I’d consider accidentally drowning her! The most horrifying part is how does a parent deal with a child that they are afraid of. That is just chilling!!
Maryse: I’m DYING to read that one!! I love stories about creepy or dangerous children.
Leslie M: Just the name Baby Teeth sounds creepy. *shudders*
Amy: And O. M. G…Baby Teeth sounds NUTS! Did anyone ever see the movie (or read the book) We Need To Talk About Kevin? *shivers* Baby Teeth sounds eerily similar.
- Defiance Of The Heart (Sins Of The Heart Book 2) by Monica James <— LIVE!! HE WAS FORBIDDEN…“...Our surnames fated us to be sworn enemies. But when the truth was finally revealed, my life changed forever. Lies have shaped our past, leaving London and me to pick up the pieces. But through the chaos, one thing is certain—I love London, and he loves me, and we won’t allow anyone to tear us apart again. However, life has a funny way of proving us wrong…”
- SUIT (A 44 Chapters Novel Book 4) by BB Easton <— BB Easton’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! IT CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!! “Because BB Easton had so much fun writing her bestselling, award-winning memoir, 44 CHAPTERS ABOUT 4 MEN, she decided to give each of her four men his own steamy standalone. SUIT is Ken’s book—the hilarious, heartwarming tale of how BB finally got over her bad boy phase and found happily ever after with…gasp…a guy in a tie.” P.S. Here’s the series.
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren <— JEAN IS INTO IT!!
Jean: I’m reading Josh and Hazel’s Guide To Not Dating…..I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with a character like Hazel….eccentric, goofy, funny, and completely loveable!!!
- Trouble in Hell (Hell Night Book 1) by Alex Grayson <— LIVE!!! SHE CAME TO THE WRONG TOWN… “…When Remi arrives, pregnant and in need of help, she has no idea she’s come to the one place she should have stayed far away from. Something dark surrounds the town. A malevolence she has no hope of surviving…“
Obsessive Addiction (Those Malcolm Boys Book 1) by K.L. Donn <— LIVE!!! SHE’S HIS. He’s killed a man and now he’s getting out of prison on a technicality... “…He looked at her when she was mine. He touched her when she was mine. He broke her when she was mine. I’m getting out on a technicality. Now, I’ll get to make her mine...”
- No One Cancels Christmas: The most laugh out loud romantic comedy this Christmas! by Zara Stoneley <— HE’S A MODERN DAY GRINCH!!! “...The Shooting Star Mountain resort is a magical place, and Sarah has fond memories of Christmas here as a little girl. But as the resorts new owner, Will refuses to play snowball or to deck the halls with anything remotely resembling jolly!…”
- ‘Til Death – Boxed Set by Bella Jewel <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! SERIES BUNDLE BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Pia loves these!
Pia: One of the best books from Bella Jewel in my opinion
Maryse: It sounds so tumultuous!! I love the sound of it. 😀
- His Ward by Sam Crescent <— HE’S THE GUARDIAN… “…Mavis has never fitted in. Even her parents hated her and shipped her off to boarding school. Luca is different, and the scar on his face doesn’t scare her. After eighteen years of being ignored, she’s shocked when Luca takes her over his knee and punishes her for putting herself in danger. His touch. His hands. They drive her wild, and she wants him. She’s the first woman to not flinch away. He should tell her no. He’s the guardian…“
- Crude: A Motorcycle Club Romance (Wicked Wolves MC) by Evelyn Glass <— BIKER BOOK!
- Five Years Gone: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Marie Force <— SHE COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!!
Angelica: Read this in one day…my heart was in my mouth the whole time! Marie you did it again…GREAT story!!! I could not put this down.
- Say When (A Cedarville Novel Book 9) by Bree Kraemer <— HE LIKES HER CUPCAKES… *waggles eyebrows* “…He’d been working for Dockside for months, each day eating more than he should have of the delicious cupcakes from the baker who dropped them off daily. They were quite possibly the best part of his day.Which was sad. Until one day, he finally comes face-to-face with the baker who just so happens to be his sister’s childhood best friend…”
- The Heart of Him by Katie Fox <— GRIEVING WIDOW & HE RECEIVED THE HEART!!! “…When she receives an invitation to attend a banquet in honor of the organ donors and their recipients, she has every reason to guard what remains of her shattered heart. Maybe this will be the closure she needs to finally mend its pieces…”
- SUKI by CF Winn <— CRAZY SOUNDING BLURB!!! I can’t make heads or tails of it, but I’m intrigued and AMY IS READING IT!!
Amy: I am REALLY looking forward to this one. It’s pretty short, but the blurb…THAT is what a blurb should be. 😉
Maryse: What is this SUKI by CF Winn that you speak of? *runs to look it up*
Amy: let me know what you think of the blurb for SUKI…tell me it doesn’t sound intriguing. 😉
Maryse: Amy I am intrigued. How is the writing?
Amy: Maryse…too soon to say about the writing, although it is VERY unique. I had to re-read the prologue a couple of times before it somewhat started to make sense, and even now I am hoping it will be clarified by the end. The POV is completely…different. That is the only way I can describe it. If I tried to put it in words, I would muck it up. Fingers crossed for this one!
- Beautiful Hearts Duet by Emma Scott <— WE ARE LOVING THIS DUET!! And our most picky book-bud LOVED it too!!!
Leslie M: Good morning! *tosses ALL the glitter* I FINALLY READ SOMETHING I LOVED!!!Let’s discuss the awesomeness that is Bring Down the Stars/Long Live the Beautiful Hearts
If you haven’t read this yet, I recommend going in completely blind. Do not read the blurb as even that is too revealing IMO.
When I started BDtS, I was enjoying it but wasn’t getting what everyone was freaking out about. Then…BAM! You get smacked in the face with so much angst and emotion that you either can’t read fast enough or you have to put it down to wipe your tears/catch your breath. Then I started LLtBH and was on the edge of my seat entire book. Looking back at my updates, I was having an epic freakout. I don’t often fully connect with characters and I am notoriously picky but THIS STORY gutted me.
5+++ Sock Boy & Twice Born Stars!!!
An American Cinderella: A Royal Love Story by Krista Lakes <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! I’m in love with this cover and this blurb!! A PRINCE KNOCKS HER OVER but she doesn’t realize who he really is... “…Her whole life is a mess thanks to her controlling stepmother. But when she’s knocked over- literally- by the hottest man she’s ever had the pleasure of tangling up her body with, everything changes...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies About Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis <– I AM LISTENING TO THIS AS WE SPEAK!!!
Maryse: Isn’t it weird how I can only READ fiction, but I always tend to prefer to “listen” to self-help audiobooks. In this case (and often the case for my self-help audiobooks) I like when Rachel talks to me. I love to listen to her, and I feel like we’re just hanging out. She’s already an amazing comfort and friend, even if I don’t know her in real life.
Leslie: I am with you Maryse re: audiobooks. It’s weird how books will have a different feel while listening to vs. reading. My library has this one, so I will give it a listen sometime.
Dawn: I am currently listening to Girl, Wash your face and I am LOVING it!!
Maria: It is such an amazing book!!!!!!!
April: Maryse have you read Brené Brown? Soooo good! I encourage all woman to read her books!
- Reveling in Sin (Sin Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March – October 23rd 2018
- The Society (Ascension Book 4) by K.A. Linde – October 23rd 2018
- Tempting Brooke: A Big Sky Novella by Kristen Proby – October 23rd 2018
- Not Quite Over You (Happily Inc) by Susan Mallery – October 23rd 2018
- York (The Vorge Crew Book 3) by Laurann Dohner – October 23rd 2018
- Shadow and Ice (Gods of War) by Gena Showalter – October 23rd 2018
- Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas – October 23rd 2018
- Big Stick: An Aces Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – October 23rd 2018
- The Sweetest Thing by Judith McNaught – October 23rd 2018
- A Brand New Ending (Stay Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – October 23rd 2018
- Loose Ends by Kristen Ashley – October 23rd 2018
- Trailer Park Heart by Rachel Higginson – October 23rd 2018
- Fall (VIP Book 3) by Kristen Callihan – October 23rd 2018
- Wild Blood: The Trueborn Saga Book 1 by Samantha Wolfe – October 24th 2018
- One Week Hating You: One Week Series Book 2 (standalone) by Roya Carmen – October 25th 2018
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).