BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! KARINA HALLE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Before I Ever Met You <—- FORBIDDENY!!!! She’s a single mom and he’s her father’s best friend AND her new boss… and his office is right across from hers. 😉 “Will has turned into one hell of a distraction. A distraction I’m having a hard time staying away from, considering his office is right across from my desk and I work with him in such close proximity. But it’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s just an innocent fantasy of screwing him on his desk, right? It can’t ever be more because he’s my father’s best friend, business partner, and my boss. Right? Wrong.”
Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!!! :D!!! Lots of choices today (100+), and I got an extra jolt going through these blurbs ’cause I just realized a short story I read wayyyyyyy back in my strictly paranormal romance days has been re-released and extended and OMG I AM SO READING THAT!!!! It was one of my favorite short stories in the world (to this day, I still remember everything) super-steamy, and had a mega twist that I didn’t see coming and had me gasping. And now… I finally get to know more. YAY ME!!!! Yes. MINE!!!
AND!! Here’s my “mini “blurb jolt” list of the ones that look extra exciting to me: 180 Seconds (that one up there to the left… heck yes!!! She’s reclusive and he’s an internet star, and they participate in a social experiment.) Wicked Abyss (she once broke his heart in a past life and he now looks like a monster and drags her back to hell with him, but she has no recollection of him…), Bad to the Bone (<— THIS is that short story I was telling you about!!! He’s a vampire and she’s human, and it is HOT but so emotional too… HOLY. MOLY my HEART!!! Don’t read the blurb! Gah. It tells you too much – stuff I didn’t know when I first read it and didn’t see coming so I had that maximum twist-effect), Inappropriately Yours (she has a big time crush on her father’s best friend… Cara Dee tends to venture in the more risqué themes, and this one sounds like fun because there are TWO different love stories going on in it at the same time with this cast of characters), Purple Hearts (arranged marriage between a military guy and a girl that needs his health insurance), and The Anatomy of Cheating (sounds like a psych thriller! She thinks her husband is cheating so she goes and finds someone else to “be” with too, and then the nightmare begins!!),
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
- Sister Sister: A truly absorbing psychological thriller by Sue Fortin
- Sin With Me J. T. Geissinger
- Blade Bound: Chicagoland Vampires Series, Book 13 by Chloe Neill
- Faking It by Carly Phillips
- The Dead Zone by Stephen King <— James Franco is the narrator!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- The Hot Shot by Kristen Callahan <— SPORTS STAR & HIS NEW ROOMMATE ALERT and SO many here LOVED it!!!
Lisa: Just finished Hot Shot and floved Finn so damn much. I really needed a hero H and Kristen Callihan writes good Hs.
Teri: I just finished The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan and it is FANTASTIC! Whoop whoop
Ashley: I finished The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan last night and I loved it as well! It was a fun read!
- Sweet Spot by Stella Rhys <— SEXY & FUNNY ALERT!!! And MichelleS is loving it!
MichelleS: I’m reading Sweet Spot by Stella Rhys. Reminds me on Neighbors From Hell series. Funny, sexy, not very realistic, but good banter between h & H. And he’s sexy as all get out. Good “scratch that itch” book… in betweener read.
- The Gravity of Us by Brittany Cherry <— MY NEXT READ!!! ANGSTY-SOUNDING WITH A BROODING HERO ALERT and I can’t WAIT to start!!!
Jean: Just wanted to let you girls know that you NEED to read The Gravity of Us! I basically read it in one day! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Ela: Maryse! YOU MUST READ THE GRAVITY OF US STAT!
Jean: Maryse, I second Ela’s comment….YOU MUST READ THE GRAVITY OF US ASAP!!!!!! IN FACT, EVERYONE HERE MUST READ IT!!!!!!!
Melinda: Ohh Maryse, I just finished “The Gravity of Us”. I loooved it. Def 5 stars. thanks Jean. Great Rec.
Maryse: Okay Ela ‘n Jean!!! I’ll read it… I’ll need a nice intense romance after the thriller I’m reading.
Leslie M: The Gravity of Us is next up for me too!!!
- The Bride (Lairds’ Fiancees Book 1) by Julie Garwood <— ALPHA MALE HISTORICAL AND CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE AUTHOR ALERT!! Georgia is LOVING these!
Georgia: I’ve been on a Julie Garwood kick. Having re-read all her Historical romances once again. Scottish Highlanders anyone. I forgot how great of a writer she is. Who can forget The Bride. One of her best. I had not read any of her Contemporary novels. What a treat. I started with ” The Ideal Man”. F.B.I. and Military Men ooh My. I was hooked. Now I have read Sweet Talk, Hotshot, Heartbreaker, Mercy and Killjoy. The Storylines are amazing, fast paced, steamy and Alpha Males. I’m currently reading Murder List. – I’m soo hooked. If you haven’t read any of her Historical Romances or her Contemporary Romances. I totally recommend them. ENJOY !!
- Beyond the Sea: LGBT Romance by Keira Andrews <— M/M ROMANCE & THEY’RE STUCK ON A DESERTED ISLAND TOGETHER!!! And it’s still super-bargain priced today! Our crew here loved it!
- Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark) by Kresley Cole <— KRESLEY COLE ALERT!!! THE BEAUTIFUL FEY BROKE HIS HEART… and then… “…a curse has transformed him into a demonic monster–just as she’s been reincarnated. Sian captures the delicate but bold female, forcing her back to hell…“
- Vengeance: A Knight World Novel (Fireborn Wolves Book 3) by Genevieve Jack
- Ghost Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend Book 12) by Heather Long
- Hit and Run Hallie (Bodyguards in Heels Book 1) by Angi Morgan
- Unholy Proposal (Unholy Inc Book 1) by Misty Dietz
- Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill
- A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley <— FORTUNE TELLER TOLD HER HE’D BRING HER DEATH... “Ten years later, when Andrei Dinescu saves Tessa from a vicious attacker, she has no idea that the handsome stranger the gypsy fortune teller predicted is not a hunter but a seven-hundred-year-old vampire. Darkly powerful, unbelievably compelling, he is obviously pursuing Tessa, but is it her love he’s after or her blood?“
- Celeste Files: Primal (Book 6 Psychic C.O.R.E.): Psychic C.O.R.E. by Kristine Mason
- The Siren’s Son (The Siren Legacy Book 1) by Helen Scott
- The Lion Must Die: A Sexy Paranormal Thriller by Angela Foxxe
- The Third Throne: Angel of Fear by Tabitha Barret
- Snared (Elemental Assassin Book 16) by Jennifer Estep
- Tempted By Fate (Bad Things Book 6) by Cynthia Eden
- Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS Book 9) by Charlie Cochet
- Dead of Night (The Revenant Book 3) by Kali Argent
- Marked (The Wolf’s Den Book 1) by Aline Hunter
- Bad to the Bone (Night Fall Book 10) by Delilah Devlin <— DELILAH DEVLIN’S VIPER ALERT!!!! THIS SHORT STORY WAS ONE OF MY OBSESSIONS in my early vampire days… it was so intense and HOT and then it shocked me and stole my heart… One of my favorite short stories ever, because it packed a PUNCH! WOW!!! And this is THAT story… but she added more, and finally. FINALLY I will get some relief. 😉 GAH!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY LUCK! Don’t read the blurb!!!! It’ll spoil some of that surprise-factor. It says more than I knew when I read it and gave me the shock of my life!!!! Just read this story. PLEASE!!!!! In fact, just for the fun of it, here was my mini-review way back when:
“I looked up this author (and series) after having fallen HARD for “Viper”. I read about him in a short story I found in “The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance“ called “Viper’s Bite”. Wow he’s HOT and amazing, and everything about that story was intense and surprising (especially since I had NO idea what was coming). While I enjoy short stories for the quickie factor (always good when we need to be entertained but don’t have much time), this one gave me something extra – a TWIST! A good twist! One that brought tears to my eyes, and haunts me still to this day (I read this short story almost a year ago, and still think about it. The lump in my throat is back…). It is THE best short story I have read.”
- Fur Fox’s Sake (Shifters Undercover Book 2) by Milly Taiden
- Love’s Warrior: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance: Aries by Jennifer Hilt
- Storm: Phantom Islanders Part I by Ednah Walters
- My Defender (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 8) by Alanea Alder
- His Rebellious Mate (Primarian Mates Book 3) by Maddie Taylor
- Deathless (The Vein Chronicles Book 2) by Anne Malcom
- Deathbringer: Olive Kennedy (Fairy World MD Book 6) by Tamara Grantham
- Cherished by Two (Soul Match Book 2) by Morticia Knight
- His Moonstruck Wolf: Wolves of Willow Bend 10.5 by Heather Long
- Sanctuary (Darzins’ Mill Book 1) by Elizabeth Biehl
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park <— JESSICA PARK ALERT!!! RECLUSIVE GIRL & A SOCIAL MEDIA STAR TRY A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT… “…as she begins her third year in college, she finds it increasingly difficult to disappear into the white noise pouring from her earbuds. One unsuspecting afternoon, Allison is roped into a social experiment just off campus. Suddenly, she finds herself in front of a crowd, forced to interact with a complete stranger for 180 seconds. Neither she, nor Esben Baylor, the dreamy social media star seated opposite her, is prepared for the outcome. When time is called, the intensity of the experience overwhelms Allison and Esben in a way that unnerves and electrifies them both…“
- Inappropriately Yours by Cara Dee <— FORBIDDENNY LOVE ALERT!! “Flying all the way to Washington to see Dad’s old college friend, who has reluctantly offered to help me with my writing after the world tore my first novel to shreds…big, big mistake. One, Jack Grady is lethally handsome. Two, he doesn’t mince words, and he absolutely hates my novel. But here I am, and I’m his for the weekend. Maybe in more ways than one, which would be totally inappropriate. —Isla Roe...”
- Bennett’s Chance (Fourth Down) by Violet Duke
- Playing at Love (Willow Valley Book 5) by Christine Kingsley
- Trending by Bethany Riehl
- The Last Good Cowboy (Morgan Ranch) by Pearce Kate
- The Librarian and the Spy (Librarian/Spy Escapade) by Susan Mann
- Open Hearts by Eve Dangerfield <— HE’S NOT HER VERSION OF MARRIAGE MATERIAL ALERT!! “Everyone loves Dean. He’s easygoing, a great footballer and always up for a beer or sixteen. He also has the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel on MDMA, but that’s never been a problem where the opposite sex is concerned. At least it wasn’t until he met Ash. Beautiful, driven and wild in bed; she’s all he’s ever wanted in a wife. Unfortunately, he’s far from what she wants in a husband, what with his perpetually empty bank account and inability to cook anything other than bacon. When she tells him he’s not baby-daddy material, Dean vows to become the man she needs, whatever it takes…”
- Bright Lights by Jennifer Ortiz
- Purple Hearts: A Novel by Tess Wakefield <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT & THIS ONE SOUNDS AWESOME!!! “Cassie is drowning in medical bills after being diagnosed with diabetes. When she runs into her old friend Frankie, now enlisted in the Army, she proposes a deal: she’ll marry him in exchange for better medical insurance and they can split the increased paycheck that comes with having a “family.” When Frankie declines, his attractive but frustratingly intense friend Luke volunteers to marry Cassie instead. What she doesn’t know is that he has desperate reasons of his own to get married. In this unforgettable love story, Cassie and Luke must set aside their differences to make it look like a real marriage…unless, somewhere along the way, it becomes one...”
- No Relationship Required (A Warning Labels Novel Book 2) by Amelia James
- Keeping Our Forever: Book One in Panthera Security Series by Elisa Leigh
- Finding Peace (Military Love Series Book 3) by Steffy Rogers
- Regret (Shattered Secrets Book 1) by Bella J.
- Mr Make Believe: A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy by Beezy Marsh
- By the Hour: A Pleasure Principle Novel (The Pleasure Principle Series Book 2) by Roni Loren <— HE’S AN ESCORT ALERT!! “Former escort Lane Cannon has spent enough years with people looking down on him. Stupid. Trailer trash. Rent boy. He’s heard it all. He’s worked too hard to shed his past to let some haughty doctor cut him down. But something about Elle’s ice queen act has his dominant instincts perking up and his body taking notice. He can’t walk away…“
- Into the Light (Chosen Paths) by L.B. Simmons
- Once You’re Mine (Callaway Cousins Book 4) by Barbara Freethy
- Condemned: Part One (Redemption Book 3) by Samyah Leighton
- You & Me Forever: A Sweet Romance Collection
- Grace Wouldn’t Let Go by Danielle Nicole
- Slightly South of Simple: A Novel (The Peachtree Bluff Series Book 1) by Kristy Woodson Harvey
- Midnight Target (A Killer Instincts Novel) by Elle Kennedy <— ELLE KENNEDY ALERT!!
- Serenity (Inevitable Book 5) by Janet Nissenson
- Arranged: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake
- Virgin for the Trillionaire (Taken by a Trillionaire Series) by Ruth Cardello
- Finding Hope by Lucie Ulrich
- Beginning Again by Cora A Murray
- Sonnet Coupled by Roxanne D. Howard
- The May Queen by Helen Irene Young
- Happy Is the Bride by Lori Wilde and Janet Dailey
- The Anatomy of Cheating: A Novel by Nesly Clerge <— SOUNDS LIKE A PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! “Chelsea Hall is certain her husband is cheating. Again. How far will a wife go when her adulterous husband pushes her to the edge? Some stop at the cliff’s edge.Others leap into the abyss. Garrett Hall wants what and who he wants. His detachment from their relationship leads Chelsea to seek what she needs elsewhere, and onto a path that leads to bliss. What begins as a dream-come-true soon becomes a nightmare…”
- Caught Looking by Jody Holford
- You’re the One That I Want: A Novel by Giovanna Fletcher
- One Good Thing (Ten Beach Road Novel) by Wendy Wax
- Don’t Break Me (The Don’t Series Book 1) by Jalena Dunphy
- Ride Rough: A Raven Riders Novel by Laura Kaye <— BIKER VP ALERT!!! “Alexa Harmon thought she had it all—the security of a good job, a beautiful home, and a powerful, charming fiancé who offered the life she never had growing up. But when her dream quickly turns into a nightmare, Alexa realizes she’s fallen for a façade she can’t escape—until sexy, dangerous Maverick offers her a way out...”
- Feels Like the First Time (Destiny Bay) by Marina Adair
- Reed (The Malloys of Montana) by R. C. Ryan
- It Had To Be You (Crystal Valley Series Book 2) by Melissa Kate
- New Penny by C. E. Sawyer
- The Enforcer: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon <— HE THINKS SHE WAS THE KILLER… but “Kayla Roy never stays in one place too long and never lets a man get too close. But keeping Matthias at arm’s length may be impossible. Dark and enigmatic, Matthias draws Kayla in from the start. She knows nothing about his connection to her dark past, or his thirst for vengeance. She only knows their attraction feels overpowering—and very dangerous.”
- Too Hard to Forget (Romancing the Clarksons) by Tessa Bailey
- Grim Bastards MC Box Set: Including: Death of a Bastard (Grim Bastards MC Book 6) by Emily Minton and Shelley Springfield
- Breaking Free (Steele Ridge Book 5) by Adrienne Giordano
- Love of Liberty (Trinity Love Book 2) by Lila Rose
- Encroachment (Coach’s Shadow Trilogy Book 2) by Monica DeSimone
- Sin With Me (Bad Habit) by J.T. Geissinger <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! She lost her family and memory to a car crash, and decides to “…never, ever fall in love. Which is exactly why Grace avoids Bad Habit’s lead guitarist, Brody Scott, at all costs. The green-eyed, sexy-as-hell musician has “trouble” tattooed all over him, and Grace isn’t taking any chances with her heart.”
- Broken Road (Limelight Series Book 1) by Piper Davenport and Jack Davenport <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “…She’s no stranger to the dangers of touring life, but has always managed to stay out of trouble by following her own set of rules. Her biggest rule…no dating musicians…even when it comes to her teenage fantasy...”
- Dangerous Consequences by Lisa Renee Johnson
- Toro (The Hell Yeah Series) by Sable Hunter and Ryan O’Leary
- HAVEN: Beards & Bondage by Rebekah Weatherspoon
- To Me I Wed (Unconventional Brides Romance) by K.M. Jackson
- Breakaway Brooke (Bodyguards in Heels Book 3) by Angi Morgan
- The Games We Play (Sizzle & Burn Book 2) by Linda Verji
- Echoes by Angela Verdenius
- So Wrong by Camilla Stevens
- Checkmate: This is Effortless (Drew & Courtney, #2) (Checkmate Duet Book 4) by Kennedy Fox <— FRIENDS TO LOVERS ROMANCE ALERT!! “Introducing book 2 in the new Checkmate Duet Series from a secret duo of romance authors who teamed up under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox! This friends to lovers romance will have you swooning and laughing from the first to the last page! Are you ready to play the game?”
- Lost Rider (The Coming Home Series Book 1) by Harper Sloan <— HARPER SLOAN ALERT!! RODEO STAR & HE BROKE HER HEART ONCE... “…Leighton Elizabeth James, an ugly duckling turned beauty from Maverick’s childhood—his younger sister’s best friend, to be exact, and someone whose heart he stomped all over when she confessed her crush to him ten years back. Now Leighton is back in Maverick’s life, no longer the insecure, love-stricken teen—and Maverick can’t help but take notice…”
- Shopping for a CEO’s Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire Book 12) by Julia Kent
- The Sinners Touch (A Manwhore Series Book 2) by Apryl Baker
- Prairie Desire: Cowboys of the Flint Hills by Tessa Layne
- Hidden Depth (Lockhart Brothers Book 4) by Brenda Rothert
- NIKO: Licensed to Kill (Paris Intrigue Book 1) by Vonnie Davis
- Tied to You (Wild Side Book 2) by Riley Hart <— M/M ROMANCE BY RILEY HART ALERT!!! “On the surface, Quinn and Miles are like oil and water, but the draw between them is undeniable. As their lives further entwine, they realize there’s more to their connection than the way they singe the sheets together. But demons from the past have a way of catching up...”
- Faux by E. Davies <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Provoked (Enlightenment) by Joanna Chambers <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Back Piece (Skin Deep Inc.) by L.A. Witt <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! THEY ARE BOTH TRYING TO KEEP THINGS SECRET... “Growing up in a conservative family, then escaping with the Navy, Daniel Moore is an unsure virgin who feels like he can’t share his true self with anyone. Seeing Colin—and his tattoos—at the gym are the sign Daniel needs to finally get those tattoos he’s always wanted, and maybe try his hand at flirting. As Colin and Daniel spend more time together, their awkward hesitations turn into a deep passion neither expected...”
- Her Relentless SEAL (Midnight Delta Book 10) by Caitlyn O’Leary
- Claim (Talon Security Book 2) by Megan O’Brien
- The Hangman (Forgotten Files Book 3) by Mary Burton
- All the Rivers: A Novel by Dorit Rabinyan
- License to Carrie (Bodyguards in Heels Book 2) by Angi Morgan
- Love, Me: A Pleasant Valley Novel by Anna Brooks
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Preppy, Part Three: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater (King Series Book 7) by T.M. Frazier – April 26th 2017
- Son of a Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 27th 2017
- Bombshell (Hollywood A-List Book 1) by C.D. Reiss – May 1st 2017
- All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road Book 1) by Megan Hart – May 1st 2017
- The Good Boss (Mafia Made) by Scott Hildreth – May 1st 2017
- Sex in the Sticks: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – May 2nd 2017
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas – May 2nd 2017
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Book 3) by Jenny Han – May 2nd 2017
- Far from Honest (Gods of Redemption) by Beth Yarnall – May 2nd 2017
- Lumber Jerk: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – May 2nd 2017
- Alien Education (Alien Novels Book 15) by Gini Koch – May 2nd 2017
- Against All Odds: A Novel by Danielle Steele – May 2nd 2017
- The Next Flame (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – May 2nd 2017
- Pipe Dreams (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) by Sarina Bowen – May 2nd 2017
- The Next Flame (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – May 2nd 2017
- Behind the Curtain by Beth Kery – May 2nd 2017
- Red Wolf (A Shifter’s Unbound Novel) by Jennifer Ashley – May 2nd 2017
- The Untamed Vampire (Last True Vampire series) by Kate Baxter – May 2nd 2017
- Love Me Again (A Hope Novel) by Jaci Burton – May 2nd 2017
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – May 2nd 2017
- The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 3) by C.S. Pact – May 3rd 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).