BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! KARINA HALLE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Before I Ever Met You <—- FORBIDDENY!!!! She’s a single mom and he’s her father’s best friend AND her new boss… and his office is right across from hers. 😉 “Will has turned into one hell of a distraction. A distraction I’m having a hard time staying away from, considering his office is right across from my desk and I work with him in such close proximity. But it’s just a harmless crush, right? It’s just an innocent fantasy of screwing him on his desk, right? It can’t ever be more because he’s my father’s best friend, business partner, and my boss. Right? Wrong.”
Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!!! :D!!! Lots of choices today (100+), and I got an extra jolt going through these blurbs ’cause I just realized a short story I read wayyyyyyy back in my strictly paranormal romance days has been re-released and extended and OMG I AM SO READING THAT!!!! It was one of my favorite short stories in the world (to this day, I still remember everything) super-steamy, and had a mega twist that I didn’t see coming and had me gasping. And now… I finally get to know more. YAY ME!!!! Yes. MINE!!!
AND!! Here’s my “mini “blurb jolt” list of the ones that look extra exciting to me: 180 Seconds (that one up there to the left… heck yes!!! She’s reclusive and he’s an internet star, and they participate in a social experiment.) Wicked Abyss (she once broke his heart in a past life and he now looks like a monster and drags her back to hell with him, but she has no recollection of him…), Bad to the Bone (<— THIS is that short story I was telling you about!!! He’s a vampire and she’s human, and it is HOT but so emotional too… HOLY. MOLY my HEART!!! Don’t read the blurb! Gah. It tells you too much – stuff I didn’t know when I first read it and didn’t see coming so I had that maximum twist-effect), Inappropriately Yours (she has a big time crush on her father’s best friend… Cara Dee tends to venture in the more risqué themes, and this one sounds like fun because there are TWO different love stories going on in it at the same time with this cast of characters), Purple Hearts (arranged marriage between a military guy and a girl that needs his health insurance), and The Anatomy of Cheating (sounds like a psych thriller! She thinks her husband is cheating so she goes and finds someone else to “be” with too, and then the nightmare begins!!),
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
- Sister Sister: A truly absorbing psychological thriller by Sue Fortin
- Sin With Me J. T. Geissinger
- Blade Bound: Chicagoland Vampires Series, Book 13 by Chloe Neill
- Faking It by Carly Phillips
- The Dead Zone by Stephen King <— James Franco is the narrator!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- The Hot Shot by Kristen Callahan <— SPORTS STAR & HIS NEW ROOMMATE ALERT and SO many here LOVED it!!!
Lisa: Just finished Hot Shot and floved Finn so damn much. I really needed a hero H and Kristen Callihan writes good Hs.
Teri: I just finished The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan and it is FANTASTIC! Whoop whoop
Ashley: I finished The Hot Shot by Kristen Callihan last night and I loved it as well! It was a fun read!
- Sweet Spot by Stella Rhys <— SEXY & FUNNY ALERT!!! And MichelleS is loving it!
MichelleS: I’m reading Sweet Spot by Stella Rhys. Reminds me on Neighbors From Hell series. Funny, sexy, not very realistic, but good banter between h & H. And he’s sexy as all get out. Good “scratch that itch” book… in betweener read.
- The Gravity of Us by Brittany Cherry <— MY NEXT READ!!! ANGSTY-SOUNDING WITH A BROODING HERO ALERT and I can’t WAIT to start!!!
Jean: Just wanted to let you girls know that you NEED to read The Gravity of Us! I basically read it in one day! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Ela: Maryse! YOU MUST READ THE GRAVITY OF US STAT!
Jean: Maryse, I second Ela’s comment….YOU MUST READ THE GRAVITY OF US ASAP!!!!!! IN FACT, EVERYONE HERE MUST READ IT!!!!!!!
Melinda: Ohh Maryse, I just finished “The Gravity of Us”. I loooved it. Def 5 stars. thanks Jean. Great Rec.
Maryse: Okay Ela ‘n Jean!!! I’ll read it… I’ll need a nice intense romance after the thriller I’m reading.
Leslie M: The Gravity of Us is next up for me too!!!
- The Bride (Lairds’ Fiancees Book 1) by Julie Garwood <— ALPHA MALE HISTORICAL AND CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE AUTHOR ALERT!! Georgia is LOVING these!
Georgia: I’ve been on a Julie Garwood kick. Having re-read all her Historical romances once again. Scottish Highlanders anyone. I forgot how great of a writer she is. Who can forget The Bride. One of her best. I had not read any of her Contemporary novels. What a treat. I started with ” The Ideal Man”. F.B.I. and Military Men ooh My. I was hooked. Now I have read Sweet Talk, Hotshot, Heartbreaker, Mercy and Killjoy. The Storylines are amazing, fast paced, steamy and Alpha Males. I’m currently reading Murder List. – I’m soo hooked. If you haven’t read any of her Historical Romances or her Contemporary Romances. I totally recommend them. ENJOY !!
- Beyond the Sea: LGBT Romance by Keira Andrews <— M/M ROMANCE & THEY’RE STUCK ON A DESERTED ISLAND TOGETHER!!! And it’s still super-bargain priced today! Our crew here loved it!
- Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark) by Kresley Cole <— KRESLEY COLE ALERT!!! THE BEAUTIFUL FEY BROKE HIS HEART… and then… “…a curse has transformed him into a demonic monster–just as she’s been reincarnated. Sian captures the delicate but bold female, forcing her back to hell…“
- Vengeance: A Knight World Novel (Fireborn Wolves Book 3) by Genevieve Jack
- Ghost Wolf (Wolves of Willow Bend Book 12) by Heather Long
- Hit and Run Hallie (Bodyguards in Heels Book 1) by Angi Morgan
- Unholy Proposal (Unholy Inc Book 1) by Misty Dietz
- Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill
- A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley <— FORTUNE TELLER TOLD HER HE’D BRING HER DEATH... “Ten years later, when Andrei Dinescu saves Tessa from a vicious attacker, she has no idea that the handsome stranger the gypsy fortune teller predicted is not a hunter but a seven-hundred-year-old vampire. Darkly powerful, unbelievably compelling, he is obviously pursuing Tessa, but is it her love he’s after or her blood?“
- Celeste Files: Primal (Book 6 Psychic C.O.R.E.): Psychic C.O.R.E. by Kristine Mason
- The Siren’s Son (The Siren Legacy Book 1) by Helen Scott
- The Lion Must Die: A Sexy Paranormal Thriller by Angela Foxxe
- The Third Throne: Angel of Fear by Tabitha Barret
- Snared (Elemental Assassin Book 16) by Jennifer Estep
- Tempted By Fate (Bad Things Book 6) by Cynthia Eden
- Darkest Hour Before Dawn (THIRDS Book 9) by Charlie Cochet
- Dead of Night (The Revenant Book 3) by Kali Argent
- Marked (The Wolf’s Den Book 1) by Aline Hunter
- Bad to the Bone (Night Fall Book 10) by Delilah Devlin <— DELILAH DEVLIN’S VIPER ALERT!!!! THIS SHORT STORY WAS ONE OF MY OBSESSIONS in my early vampire days… it was so intense and HOT and then it shocked me and stole my heart… One of my favorite short stories ever, because it packed a PUNCH! WOW!!! And this is THAT story… but she added more, and finally. FINALLY I will get some relief. 😉 GAH!!! I CAN’T BELIEVE MY LUCK! Don’t read the blurb!!!! It’ll spoil some of that surprise-factor. It says more than I knew when I read it and gave me the shock of my life!!!! Just read this story. PLEASE!!!!! In fact, just for the fun of it, here was my mini-review way back when:
“I looked up this author (and series) after having fallen HARD for “Viper”. I read about him in a short story I found in “The Mammoth Book of Vampire Romance“ called “Viper’s Bite”. Wow he’s HOT and amazing, and everything about that story was intense and surprising (especially since I had NO idea what was coming). While I enjoy short stories for the quickie factor (always good when we need to be entertained but don’t have much time), this one gave me something extra – a TWIST! A good twist! One that brought tears to my eyes, and haunts me still to this day (I read this short story almost a year ago, and still think about it. The lump in my throat is back…). It is THE best short story I have read.”
- Fur Fox’s Sake (Shifters Undercover Book 2) by Milly Taiden
- Love’s Warrior: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance: Aries by Jennifer Hilt
- Storm: Phantom Islanders Part I by Ednah Walters
- My Defender (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 8) by Alanea Alder
- His Rebellious Mate (Primarian Mates Book 3) by Maddie Taylor
- Deathless (The Vein Chronicles Book 2) by Anne Malcom
- Deathbringer: Olive Kennedy (Fairy World MD Book 6) by Tamara Grantham
- Cherished by Two (Soul Match Book 2) by Morticia Knight
- His Moonstruck Wolf: Wolves of Willow Bend 10.5 by Heather Long
- Sanctuary (Darzins’ Mill Book 1) by Elizabeth Biehl
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park <— JESSICA PARK ALERT!!! RECLUSIVE GIRL & A SOCIAL MEDIA STAR TRY A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT… “…as she begins her third year in college, she finds it increasingly difficult to disappear into the white noise pouring from her earbuds. One unsuspecting afternoon, Allison is roped into a social experiment just off campus. Suddenly, she finds herself in front of a crowd, forced to interact with a complete stranger for 180 seconds. Neither she, nor Esben Baylor, the dreamy social media star seated opposite her, is prepared for the outcome. When time is called, the intensity of the experience overwhelms Allison and Esben in a way that unnerves and electrifies them both…“
- Inappropriately Yours by Cara Dee <— FORBIDDENNY LOVE ALERT!! “Flying all the way to Washington to see Dad’s old college friend, who has reluctantly offered to help me with my writing after the world tore my first novel to shreds…big, big mistake. One, Jack Grady is lethally handsome. Two, he doesn’t mince words, and he absolutely hates my novel. But here I am, and I’m his for the weekend. Maybe in more ways than one, which would be totally inappropriate. —Isla Roe...”
- Bennett’s Chance (Fourth Down) by Violet Duke
- Playing at Love (Willow Valley Book 5) by Christine Kingsley
- Trending by Bethany Riehl
- The Last Good Cowboy (Morgan Ranch) by Pearce Kate
- The Librarian and the Spy (Librarian/Spy Escapade) by Susan Mann
- Open Hearts by Eve Dangerfield <— HE’S NOT HER VERSION OF MARRIAGE MATERIAL ALERT!! “Everyone loves Dean. He’s easygoing, a great footballer and always up for a beer or sixteen. He also has the attention span of a Cocker Spaniel on MDMA, but that’s never been a problem where the opposite sex is concerned. At least it wasn’t until he met Ash. Beautiful, driven and wild in bed; she’s all he’s ever wanted in a wife. Unfortunately, he’s far from what she wants in a husband, what with his perpetually empty bank account and inability to cook anything other than bacon. When she tells him he’s not baby-daddy material, Dean vows to become the man she needs, whatever it takes…”
- Bright Lights by Jennifer Ortiz
- Purple Hearts: A Novel by Tess Wakefield <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT & THIS ONE SOUNDS AWESOME!!! “Cassie is drowning in medical bills after being diagnosed with diabetes. When she runs into her old friend Frankie, now enlisted in the Army, she proposes a deal: she’ll marry him in exchange for better medical insurance and they can split the increased paycheck that comes with having a “family.” When Frankie declines, his attractive but frustratingly intense friend Luke volunteers to marry Cassie instead. What she doesn’t know is that he has desperate reasons of his own to get married. In this unforgettable love story, Cassie and Luke must set aside their differences to make it look like a real marriage…unless, somewhere along the way, it becomes one...”
- No Relationship Required (A Warning Labels Novel Book 2) by Amelia James
- Keeping Our Forever: Book One in Panthera Security Series by Elisa Leigh
- Finding Peace (Military Love Series Book 3) by Steffy Rogers
- Regret (Shattered Secrets Book 1) by Bella J.
- Mr Make Believe: A laugh-out-loud romantic comedy by Beezy Marsh
- By the Hour: A Pleasure Principle Novel (The Pleasure Principle Series Book 2) by Roni Loren <— HE’S AN ESCORT ALERT!! “Former escort Lane Cannon has spent enough years with people looking down on him. Stupid. Trailer trash. Rent boy. He’s heard it all. He’s worked too hard to shed his past to let some haughty doctor cut him down. But something about Elle’s ice queen act has his dominant instincts perking up and his body taking notice. He can’t walk away…“
- Into the Light (Chosen Paths) by L.B. Simmons
- Once You’re Mine (Callaway Cousins Book 4) by Barbara Freethy
- Condemned: Part One (Redemption Book 3) by Samyah Leighton
- You & Me Forever: A Sweet Romance Collection
- Grace Wouldn’t Let Go by Danielle Nicole
- Slightly South of Simple: A Novel (The Peachtree Bluff Series Book 1) by Kristy Woodson Harvey
- Midnight Target (A Killer Instincts Novel) by Elle Kennedy <— ELLE KENNEDY ALERT!!
- Serenity (Inevitable Book 5) by Janet Nissenson
- Arranged: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake
- Virgin for the Trillionaire (Taken by a Trillionaire Series) by Ruth Cardello
- Finding Hope by Lucie Ulrich
- Beginning Again by Cora A Murray
- Sonnet Coupled by Roxanne D. Howard
- The May Queen by Helen Irene Young
- Happy Is the Bride by Lori Wilde and Janet Dailey
- The Anatomy of Cheating: A Novel by Nesly Clerge <— SOUNDS LIKE A PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!!! “Chelsea Hall is certain her husband is cheating. Again. How far will a wife go when her adulterous husband pushes her to the edge? Some stop at the cliff’s edge.Others leap into the abyss. Garrett Hall wants what and who he wants. His detachment from their relationship leads Chelsea to seek what she needs elsewhere, and onto a path that leads to bliss. What begins as a dream-come-true soon becomes a nightmare…”
- Caught Looking by Jody Holford
- You’re the One That I Want: A Novel by Giovanna Fletcher
- One Good Thing (Ten Beach Road Novel) by Wendy Wax
- Don’t Break Me (The Don’t Series Book 1) by Jalena Dunphy
- Ride Rough: A Raven Riders Novel by Laura Kaye <— BIKER VP ALERT!!! “Alexa Harmon thought she had it all—the security of a good job, a beautiful home, and a powerful, charming fiancé who offered the life she never had growing up. But when her dream quickly turns into a nightmare, Alexa realizes she’s fallen for a façade she can’t escape—until sexy, dangerous Maverick offers her a way out...”
- Feels Like the First Time (Destiny Bay) by Marina Adair
- Reed (The Malloys of Montana) by R. C. Ryan
- It Had To Be You (Crystal Valley Series Book 2) by Melissa Kate
- New Penny by C. E. Sawyer
- The Enforcer: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon <— HE THINKS SHE WAS THE KILLER… but “Kayla Roy never stays in one place too long and never lets a man get too close. But keeping Matthias at arm’s length may be impossible. Dark and enigmatic, Matthias draws Kayla in from the start. She knows nothing about his connection to her dark past, or his thirst for vengeance. She only knows their attraction feels overpowering—and very dangerous.”
- Too Hard to Forget (Romancing the Clarksons) by Tessa Bailey
- Grim Bastards MC Box Set: Including: Death of a Bastard (Grim Bastards MC Book 6) by Emily Minton and Shelley Springfield
- Breaking Free (Steele Ridge Book 5) by Adrienne Giordano
- Love of Liberty (Trinity Love Book 2) by Lila Rose
- Encroachment (Coach’s Shadow Trilogy Book 2) by Monica DeSimone
- Sin With Me (Bad Habit) by J.T. Geissinger <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! She lost her family and memory to a car crash, and decides to “…never, ever fall in love. Which is exactly why Grace avoids Bad Habit’s lead guitarist, Brody Scott, at all costs. The green-eyed, sexy-as-hell musician has “trouble” tattooed all over him, and Grace isn’t taking any chances with her heart.”
- Broken Road (Limelight Series Book 1) by Piper Davenport and Jack Davenport <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “…She’s no stranger to the dangers of touring life, but has always managed to stay out of trouble by following her own set of rules. Her biggest rule…no dating musicians…even when it comes to her teenage fantasy...”
- Dangerous Consequences by Lisa Renee Johnson
- Toro (The Hell Yeah Series) by Sable Hunter and Ryan O’Leary
- HAVEN: Beards & Bondage by Rebekah Weatherspoon
- To Me I Wed (Unconventional Brides Romance) by K.M. Jackson
- Breakaway Brooke (Bodyguards in Heels Book 3) by Angi Morgan
- The Games We Play (Sizzle & Burn Book 2) by Linda Verji
- Echoes by Angela Verdenius
- So Wrong by Camilla Stevens
- Checkmate: This is Effortless (Drew & Courtney, #2) (Checkmate Duet Book 4) by Kennedy Fox <— FRIENDS TO LOVERS ROMANCE ALERT!! “Introducing book 2 in the new Checkmate Duet Series from a secret duo of romance authors who teamed up under the USA Today Bestselling pseudonym, Kennedy Fox! This friends to lovers romance will have you swooning and laughing from the first to the last page! Are you ready to play the game?”
- Lost Rider (The Coming Home Series Book 1) by Harper Sloan <— HARPER SLOAN ALERT!! RODEO STAR & HE BROKE HER HEART ONCE... “…Leighton Elizabeth James, an ugly duckling turned beauty from Maverick’s childhood—his younger sister’s best friend, to be exact, and someone whose heart he stomped all over when she confessed her crush to him ten years back. Now Leighton is back in Maverick’s life, no longer the insecure, love-stricken teen—and Maverick can’t help but take notice…”
- Shopping for a CEO’s Wife (Shopping for a Billionaire Book 12) by Julia Kent
- The Sinners Touch (A Manwhore Series Book 2) by Apryl Baker
- Prairie Desire: Cowboys of the Flint Hills by Tessa Layne
- Hidden Depth (Lockhart Brothers Book 4) by Brenda Rothert
- NIKO: Licensed to Kill (Paris Intrigue Book 1) by Vonnie Davis
- Tied to You (Wild Side Book 2) by Riley Hart <— M/M ROMANCE BY RILEY HART ALERT!!! “On the surface, Quinn and Miles are like oil and water, but the draw between them is undeniable. As their lives further entwine, they realize there’s more to their connection than the way they singe the sheets together. But demons from the past have a way of catching up...”
- Faux by E. Davies <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Provoked (Enlightenment) by Joanna Chambers <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Back Piece (Skin Deep Inc.) by L.A. Witt <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! THEY ARE BOTH TRYING TO KEEP THINGS SECRET... “Growing up in a conservative family, then escaping with the Navy, Daniel Moore is an unsure virgin who feels like he can’t share his true self with anyone. Seeing Colin—and his tattoos—at the gym are the sign Daniel needs to finally get those tattoos he’s always wanted, and maybe try his hand at flirting. As Colin and Daniel spend more time together, their awkward hesitations turn into a deep passion neither expected...”
- Her Relentless SEAL (Midnight Delta Book 10) by Caitlyn O’Leary
- Claim (Talon Security Book 2) by Megan O’Brien
- The Hangman (Forgotten Files Book 3) by Mary Burton
- All the Rivers: A Novel by Dorit Rabinyan
- License to Carrie (Bodyguards in Heels Book 2) by Angi Morgan
- Love, Me: A Pleasant Valley Novel by Anna Brooks
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Preppy, Part Three: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater (King Series Book 7) by T.M. Frazier – April 26th 2017
- Son of a Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 27th 2017
- Bombshell (Hollywood A-List Book 1) by C.D. Reiss – May 1st 2017
- All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road Book 1) by Megan Hart – May 1st 2017
- The Good Boss (Mafia Made) by Scott Hildreth – May 1st 2017
- Sex in the Sticks: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – May 2nd 2017
- A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas – May 2nd 2017
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Book 3) by Jenny Han – May 2nd 2017
- Far from Honest (Gods of Redemption) by Beth Yarnall – May 2nd 2017
- Lumber Jerk: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett – May 2nd 2017
- Alien Education (Alien Novels Book 15) by Gini Koch – May 2nd 2017
- Against All Odds: A Novel by Danielle Steele – May 2nd 2017
- The Next Flame (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – May 2nd 2017
- Pipe Dreams (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) by Sarina Bowen – May 2nd 2017
- The Next Flame (The Fall Away Series) by Penelope Douglas – May 2nd 2017
- Behind the Curtain by Beth Kery – May 2nd 2017
- Red Wolf (A Shifter’s Unbound Novel) by Jennifer Ashley – May 2nd 2017
- The Untamed Vampire (Last True Vampire series) by Kate Baxter – May 2nd 2017
- Love Me Again (A Hope Novel) by Jaci Burton – May 2nd 2017
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker – May 2nd 2017
- The Adventures of Charls, the Veretian Cloth Merchant: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 3) by C.S. Pact – May 3rd 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Good morning, everyone, on this HUGE release day! Looks like there’ll be lots of clickety clicking!!
Today is a good day in the PNR world!!!!! Maryse!!!!
Sliding in 2nd! Good morning, Nay, good morning, Maryse!
Just marking my place… Man does seeing Pen Douglas’s name on the next week list make me happy… I know that technically it isn’t a new release… But still, it makes me happy. I miss Jared and Tate.
I know what Ela’s going to be reading!
This is cute…..
I pre ordered Always and Forever Lara Jean back in December. I can’t wait.
Well that there list contains some AWESOME selections. Read one, add twenty seven. Somehow I NEVER get ahead…and I love every “My TBR is so out of control” moment!
Bev, that post is cute. Hey, any chance you will bring back the monkey? I miss the monkey.
180 Seconds looks good!!!
Gravity of Us was awesome!!! Not at all what I was expecting.
Sorry Grey, beat ya….you’re in third 😆
I’m LOVING The Sweet Gum Tree. OMG you guys talked about awkward crushes on Josh Bennett (SoT), this is way worse!! Nick is going to break me. I can feel it.
I think I’m going to save The Gravity of Us for my Atlanta book!
I’m not sure I want to devour Wicked Abyss, I may sit on it for a few days and just savor the fact it’s out! I’ve been doing the same thing with Charley Davidson’s latest book…8O
After that Robin, read Heart on a Chain!
Hmmm. Aside from that terrible cover, it looks like it has potential!
Leslie, it took me a moment, lol. I was trying to remember when we were talking about a monkey.
Yeah, that cover is NOT so great but the book is!
What is the world coming to when your book buddies know what a Kellan is but not a muggle???
Monkey is back! *claps in glee*
I know I’m late for the middle paragraph game, but I couldn’t resist.
“Why am I staring at a twelve-by-twelve-foot painting of your naked boyfriend?”
I giggled to myself, sipping my water. “It’s a self-discovery collection where Richard dived deep to express his inner thoughts, fears, and beliefs through how he sees himself using different mediums, such as clay, charcoal, and pastels.”
Graham glanced around the room at the rest of Richard’s self-portraits and clay creations. “Is that a six-foot-tall statue of his penis?”he asked.
I nodded uncomfortably. “That is indeed a six-foot-tall statue of his penis.”
“Hmph. He’s quite confident in his”—he tilted his head slightly and cleared his throat—“manhood.”
*cackles with laughter*
From The Gravity of Us
Oh Please bev! *snort*
LMAO….I loved that book Leslie!
Ela it doesn’t count if you have to Google it, lol.
Hey where are Jean & Cheryl. I have not seen them around.
Let’s talk about them.
I want to play hooky so bad. But off for my morning G & T then work.
Awwwwwwwwww sh*t! I just lost brownie points with bev, I may even be in the negatives by now…
How can anyone in today’s world not know what a muggle is? I refuse to acknowledge my muggle status. I’m still waiting for my letter.
Too many PNRs released today. I have two of them on hold at the library. Monetarily, I can’t keep up. I needed to buy shorts instead, and a bathing suit. Seriously, each year, my bathing suit is dust by the time summer ends. lol
The Bride by Julie Garwood! *squee* My first romance! That will always have a special spot in my heart.
Oh and lastly, accidental pregnancy by a prince… it’s quick and book three of a series. The series is standalone, but there were reveals about the other books that made me growl a bit.
Oh God, am I ever sooo glad the book restriction is over. Click, click, clickity, click, click. It’s on like Donkey Kong…*throws glitter in the air* Gah! I want all of the things! I am all over Bad to the Bone, The Anatomy of Cheating, By the Hour…I actually have heard so many things about Gravity of Us, but… Hmmm
“That listlessness and weirdness when you want to read something, but nothing you pick up works or feels right.” <—— And the gif they had with it…LOL!!! That article was great, bev.
Yep, I'm clicking 180 Seconds for sure. And I'm adding Gravity of Us to my pick-for-me list on GR. Just, ya know, a heads up for whomever draws my name next month. 😉
R!! GAH, I love that book. Where are you at with it? I’m totally biting my tongue right now so I don’t say too much…
“When characters who are supposed to speak a different dialect somehow speak like Americans, because…audience? Or something?”
Now everybody needs to read https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10295484-heart-on-a-chain?ac=1&from_search=true
For all the Marmy lovers!
Throwing my 2 cents in for Back Piece (not Peace 😉 ) which released today.
Cute and sweet and hot, hot, hot.
I loved these boys. Perfect on the outside but just a little messed up on the inside. (4 stars)
Good morning everyone!!! And yes, PNR is rocking today!! 😀
GAH I can’t wait to start The Gravity of Us. That middle paragraph was perfect!!!! 😛
I want to start it, but my pre-order by Ednah Walters came in. I love her books.
Thank you for that feedback Fabi. It looks good!!
Aw, I’m jealous you’re reading Sweet Gum Tree R! But, per my stalking abilities, it looks like the author is editing and doing a cover change and this is the book I believe she’s currently working on or it will be next. So, there is hope for me yet! 😛
I’m gonna give the sample for The F Word by Lisa Palmer a go and if it hits the spot, that’ll be my next buy. I need something lighter after Allegedly and it turns out I’ll have some reading time tonight and tomorrow. 😀
Hope we can still be friends with the (non) muggles???
The monkey is back!!! Made my day.
I would recommend Gravity of Us to just about anyone on this blog. It had everything, and then some. Almost any review would contain a spoiler, it’s just that kind of book.
I want so very much to read Kresley Cole’s newest IAD – but I am such a cheapo. Will wait for my turn at library. #firstworldproblems
(I hope it’s worth the wait. Used to be one of my favorite series, and re-reads).
Sure! *looks out for owls* I swear, they lost my letter.
*squees* BB Reid’s next book in her Stolen Duet will be available on 5/9. Pre-order is up, though Amazon is down. Amazon Smile is up though. https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B072NZSGPW/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1493146738&sr=8-7&keywords=The+Knight++reid
*SQUEEEEEEE* The first book was HOT.
I’m at 30% on The Sweet Gum Tree. I haven’t noticed any editing issues but I’m happy to hear it’s getting a new cover!
OMG!!! The Bride by Julie Garwood!! I loved this book soooo much I named my son after the H. One-click!
I also clicked 180 seconds, Bad to the Bone (Maryse made it sound to good to pass up), and Inappropriately Yours.
My book slump might just be turning around! I also have The Sweet Gum Tree in my que. The cover just hasn’t enticed me to read it yet.
*high fives Tessa*
We are totally wizards.
We become oddly attached to each others avatars, don’t we?
Oh Robyn, DO NOT let the cover of Sweet Gum Tree deter you. The cover with the car on the front is not appealing at all, but I am soooooo glad I ignored it and read it anyway.
Bottom line…the cover is crap (sorry, it just is) but the story is not.
Yes, SOOOOO MANY books from back in 2009 – 2012 have really rough covers… and yet are the highlights of my reading life. In those days… we really COULDN’T judge a book by its cover.
And now it’s sometimes the opposite. The cover is totally awesome, and the story doesn’t always match…
My favorite monkey girl is back!! 😀
Um, I don’t know what a muggle is, just that it’s HP related. 😳 Can we still be friends? I have liquor…
P.S. I don’t know what a muggle is, but it sounds like snuggle, so is it cute?
Hey guys! I’m here so you can stop talking about me (bev)!
RL is getting in my way…..been spending a lot of my days at hospital with family member. You would think that would give me more time to read, but I’m so exhausted by the end of the day!
I did read Preppy Part 2 and loved it so looking forward to Part 3 release tonight! I’m reading Act Like It (a bev rec). It took me a while to get into, but I’m really liking it!
Amy, I hope I get you for May Pick because you so NEED to read Gravity like ASAP! Maryse, did you start it? I can’t wait for your review!
Jean… *big hugs* I’m so sorry about the family member, my friend. Hope things turn around soon.
I’ve been so good about sticking to my lists lately so I NEED someone to pick it for me so I can read it sooner. *sigh* Ridiculous? Maybe…but y’all get it. 😉
Thanks Amy! Ummmm……okay, I pick Gravity of Us for you to read NOW! No need to wait until May! LOL!!
*slaps Gravity of US in Amy’s hands, there read NOW*
*chanting….Heart on a Chain*….
Really, Heart on a Chain?….I don’t like the cover, but GR always has that book as a recommendation for me!
Ela, no worries. I do plan on reading Gravity of Us. All of the love it’s getting I can’t resist. :)I just have to read Storm first.
Storm is good so far, and I kind of know what’s happening, but it’s in the middle of a fight that has me confused.
So many of Julie Garwood’s books are on sale right now. I used to buy them in hardcover (because I couldn’t wait for the paperback) but I’m slowly buying them on ebook. Honor’s Splendor is $1.99, The Bride is $1.99, Mercy is $1.99, Fast Track is $1.99, and Ransom is $1.99….all down from $7.99. Incredible books, all of them!!
YES, REALLY, HEART ON A CHAIN! IT’S AN OLDER BOOK LIKE FROM 2011. THAT’S DURING THE DINOSAUR ERA WHERE BOOK COVERS WERE MADE FROM TWIGS…
That’s one of the FUNNIEST comments ever made here on the blog, and you’ve got some stiff competition with bev’s comments. 😉
I agree with Amy! The Sweet Gum Tree has one of the worsts covers ever, and I hardly ever read books with bad covers, but I knew this one was going to be worth it and it is. I’m at 35% and loving it! And OMG is it angsty! I really need to stop reading during pedicures or I’m going to lose a toe one of these days!
Twigs! ROFLMAO, Ela! I can see it now…Heart on a Chain is the new Simon or Aristotle and Dante!
Speaking of which, bev, I’m at 60% on Ari & Dante–so far so good! I decided I better start listening to it while I’m doing stuff around the house, so hopefully, I’ll finish it within the next few days.
Oh wow! Today *is* a big PNR release day! Too bad I’m at least one book behind on every single series that I read that has a release!
I’ve gotten so confused with the IAD series that I’m thinking about going back and re-reading some of them. Ela (or anyone else keeping up with the series)–is the first Dacien book (Shadow’s Claim) important to read to keep up? I skipped it and wonder if that’s part of the problem.
Oh R… *gets bottle of wine ready* Just wait for the *OOMPH* moment.
I. Was. Blindsided.
You’ll know it when you get there. 😉
No reading during pedicures. One less toe means one less pretty toenail. And we can’t have that now, can we? 😉
And I agree about the “rough” original covers with great stuff inside. Slammed (well, not rough really but still pretty plain), Fallen Crest, Sweet Gum Tree…I’ll bet I could look and find even more cringeworthy covers which ended up being favorite books of mine.
😀 Some Muggles are cute, especially baby ones. Muggles are non-magical humans.
Nay, reading the blurb, it’s probably not, though I’d recommend it just to get a good understanding of the underworld.
Honestly, other than the first book, Pierced, JC Mells books have crap covers. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ISE7Y7C/ref=x_gr_w_glide_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_glide_bb-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00ISE7Y7C&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2
Tairen Soul Series has the WORST covers! The books were amazing though.
I’m lost in IAD too. I skipped a couple, but they’re supposed to be almost stand-alones.
Tessa, did I ever tell you about when we were in Universal at Christmas that we went to Ollivander’s and my son was picked for the wand ceremony. It was the Coolest. Thing. Ever.
He is so lucky! I saw the ceremony and yeah. It was pretty cool. I did buy a wand while I was there, the Willow one. So, I, a mature almost 40 year old that I was, ran around, waving my wand doing magic. 😀
Tairen Soul covers do suck. Who read that manuscript and thought, old 90s bodice ripper cover?
Because it’s Anzac Day and only Australian song I know even if covered by an Irish punk band.
Jean, I’m sorry to hear that. Sending peaceful and healing vibes, thoughts, and prayers your way.
And your reading Act Like It! Definitely not an angsty one. I love the scene with the cat.
So, Nay. You like it? And the narration?
Jean, *hugs* sending my prayers and positive thoughts to your family member that is in the hospital, I hope that they’re on the mend.
*hugs Jean* Hope everything turns out well.
Maryse, Fabi was wondering if you still have an accent.
I didn’t notice a french accent on your videos. But that could be I’d expect you to have a Canadian accent, but didn’t notice that either.
Wait. Say, sorry or about.
No I don’t think so…
Other than my Canadian friends and family think I sound “American” now.
But for sure, I don’t have a french accent and BARELY a Canadian one, IF I still do…?
Sorry, no. I’m all aboat <--- (not aboooot. aboat is how they say it) everyone having their own "sound" eh? 😉
Those are the two words I notice a Canadian accent on.
Thanks for all the well wishes and hugs! You guys are the best!
Bev, it took me s while to get used to the writing in Act Like It, but I finished last night and loved it! Loved Cat Richard and Human Richard!
Hope all is well Jean. My thoughts are with you.
Funny I was at work and asked a customer if she was American and she said Canadian and I replied all sounds the same to me. I’m an Aussie.
Amy, I know you dislike male POV, but can you do dual POV? Just ’cause The Gravity of Us is dual POV….wanted to make sure you knew.
But we are coming to the USA in June. I can’t wait. Soooo excited. We are going to Florida and New York. where should we go?
Books yes books Trophy Wife, loved it. Re started half way and read it again. Great Book. One for you Jean. xx
Thank you Melinda! Hey, do you have to read the Dumont Diaries before Trophy Wife?
Amy, do not let the dual POV deter you! I’m begging you!
Jean, that’s undignified. You’d never see me beg Amy to read a book. 😉
Alright, I chose The Opposite of You for my bday book. But i literally have no reading time today. I will maybe finish a chapter or a sentence. One or the other.
“Jean, that’s undignified. You’d never see me beg Amy to read a book.” <——— *snorrrrrrrrrt!*
Ladies, I promise not to let the dual POV deter me. Dual POV works much better for me than all-male POV. 😉
IT’S BEV’S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY HILARIOUS FRIEND!!!
*tosses candy confetti all around bev*
Happy Birthday Bev!!!!
No hugs?? Maybe a fist bump ?
Happy birthday bev! Hope you get to read at some point!
Happy Birthday bev!!! So what are you 22 now?
Um. Ok sure. 22. Yeah. Uh huh. That’s it.
Thank you for the wishes.
*glitter bomb* Happy birthday, bev!!!! *sneak puppy pile on bev*
*yanks bev out from beneath puppy pile*
*brushes her off*
Sorry friend, they get a little enthusiastic. Kids. What can you do right?
Have a wonderful Bday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY REAL BEV!!!!!!!!!!!! HUGGLES ARE PART OF BIRTHDAYS 🙂 😆
Nay! Shadow’s Claim is a must read if you plan on reading Shadow’s Seduction BUT I’ve noticed Kresley has started to integrate the 2 series, calling them all Immortals After Dark book # so and so.
Jean lot’s of well wishes my friend!
Oh and as far as Trophy Wife goes, it’s basically the Dumont series put into one book AND yes I read both. The Trophy Wife I started because of course I didn’t know it was a re-release and funny think is while I was reading it I couldn’t remember the Dumont series but I kept having this nagging feeling the story sounded familiar! So after all that said, yes there were some things added to Trophy Wife but I didn’t like it…I think this story just worked better as a serial, which I loved.
Happy Birthday Bev! Your special no hug day. 😀
Just finished The Gravity of Us and wanted to come on and tell everyone it’s a must read. Gave me all the feels…so good!
bev…happy birthday. I hope your day is as amazing as you are…and if we are doing group huggles (and muggle), I am in and you’ll just have to deal. I have a giant can of Lysol if needed!
I’m on my third strawberry mojito…..yum! I really needed this!
Jean??? Can I have some?
Absolutely Ela! I would love to be drinking with y’all!
I. Wish. Someone share with the class. God, it’s been a week full of Mondays. Jean, I’m not begrudging you, girl… Drink one for me!
I wonder if there’s a sugar-cube martini?
*makes one by dropping 5 sugar cubes into a martini glass of vodka*
Slides it to bev AND Grey….
Happy Birthday Bev!! Here’s a little sugar cube for you from the Courtyard… and a strictly friendly hug from Simon. Smooches to the youngin’ in the bunch.
Oooh MichelleS has sugar cubes, I have birthday absinthe!
Thank you, MichelleS.
You all are the sweetest.
OMG IT’S BEV’S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!!!
Happy birthday, bev!!!!!!! :D!!!!!
Mmmmm yum. Sugar-cube martinis. What will you gurrrls think of next??
I heard a rumour a certain bev was turning 22. Huh? I thought it was 23! Oops! Sorry *gives bev a squishy birthday hug* Have a happy day. You bring so much fun to our blog!
5 sugar cubes into vodka.
Yum. That’s. …yeah, yum.
Sorry. I should have made you a wedding cake martini. Carrabba’s makes those and they taste like upside down pineapple cake. YUMMY! Perfect birthday drink!
here you go!
Love In Rewind (Audio Fools Book 1) by Tali Alexander is free right now.
Thanks Tessa! That’s one I have in PB and I’d much rather read it as an ebook!
Wow Maryse. That sounds super yum!
One-clicked Love in rewind. Thanks tessa 😀
OMG Amy. This book is gutting me.
Sorry about the late reply Jean, but the time difference makes it difficult.
I didn’t read the Dumont series first. But I loved The Trophy Wife. You will too. As your my book twin.
Happy Birthday Bev. May you read lots of 5 star books. That’s my wish for you.
FLT ~ Nostalgia overwhelmed me as I pulled into the quiet driveway of my parents’ suburban New Jersey home. ~ Dr. Ob by Max Monroe.
I debated about saying anything…but decided that the more prayers the better. If you all could throw a few my way today, I would be much obliged. Xoxox! Happy Thursday all!
*sends prayers of love and comfort and peace to Grey*
Happy Birthday a day late, bev!
I missed an entire day of computer and reading yesterday feeling stomach-icky from a medicine adjustment, but they changed it again, so I’m MUCH better now!
re: Aristotle and Dante–I did at least listen to it yesterday, and I’m at 74%. I’m really enjoying the storyline, especially as they’re getting older, and the narration is awesome! You were right, bev–Lin-Manuel Miranda does a phenomenal job. He’s perfect for this book!
Grey…hope everything is okay. *big comforting hugs* Lots of prayers coming your way for whatever is going on.
Oh wow…I’ll take one of those wedding cake martinis from Italian wedding cake martinis!! *looks at clock* Aw crap, it’s only 4:30 in the morning. 😕
R…right?? What percentage are you at?
How can you possibly be awake at 4:30am?!
I am SO NOT a night owl. I know.. hospital work etc…
Of course, Grey.
Nay, doesn’t he? He changes the voices between characters just enough and the different emotions he can evoke.
The voice he does for the one High School girl cracks me up.
And here I am again. *waves*
Flt: “Beautiful. ”
The Opposite of You by Rachel Higginson
Sending prayers your way Grey! Hope everything is okay!
FLT: I was jolted into consciousness, my head slammed against the side of whatever confines I was trapped in. (Preppy Book Three!!! – I’m going to miss this series so much!)
bev, I celebrated your birthday for you yesterday…..3 strawberry mojitos and a chocolate martini…..I was feeling pretty good to say the least!
“Go ahead and court-martial me.” Born of Vengeance by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Tessa, thanks for reminding me about this one.
Jean and Grey, good thoughts and prayers your way. I hope things get better for you real soon.
Oooh, sounds fun and like a hangover, Jean. Lol.
Sorry, Grey! From the time I started typing my post to the time I actually hit ‘submit’, I completely missed yours! Lots of prayers and **hugs** coming your way!! Hope everything is ok or will be soon!
Me too, bev! I love the slight accent he gives the girls. It’s so nice to listen to a narrator who does a great job differentiating between characters. And I also love Ari’s dry, pensive sense of humor (and personality, in general, lol).
Apparently it’s put a poem in your pocket day.
“Gram is worried about me.” ~ The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Holy moly Jean…I am DROOLING over those drinks. What’s with y’all tempting me with cocktails this early in the morning??
<3 you Grey!
Amy, 78%. I didn't put it down until 3am and that was by sheer force. Then I'm pretty sure I thought about it for another hour. Grey's always getting on me about my intentional lack of sleep so we won't tell her okay?
But it hurt so bad. I NEEDED to stop and I couldn't!
Amy, it really is my birthday!
John Lennon and Bat bat bat.
I’m worry it won’t work for you but I enjoyed it.
Okay R, so you already got to the *OOMPH!* part that seemingly comes out of nowhere. I had to re-read that part like three times before it fully registered that it really did just happen. No buildup and it wasn’t dramatized, it just happened and delivered a solid punch to the gut.
But when she unloads on him in the barn near the end…OMG I was sobbing.
Wait bev…I thought YESTERDAY was your birthday. Was I mistaken and it’s actually today?
Amy, I was sobbing last night. I need answers! And that’s probably my only “criticism” if you can even call it that. Tell me what’s happening already!!! But…that’s also why I haven’t been able to put it down.
*sends a bunch of prayers and good vibes to Grey* *hugs* Hope it helps. 🙂
I am so glad you all said The Gravity of Us was good, and for Ela sending the rec to make sure I read it. *swoons* WOW That book was so emotional and awesomeness. I finished reading it around 11:30 last night and honestly, I was bummed it was over.
Yay Tessa! It appears Gravity of Us is one book we all agree on….GREATNESS!!
R, what are you reading? Sweet Gum Tree?
Yes. Sweet Gum Tree.
You’ll get answers, R. Just…have more tissues ready. 😉
“Listen well to the storyteller, and you’ll hear such a tale,” Nix the Ever-Knowing said to her sister Regin as they sat before the fire in their temporary abode.” Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
“FITFO. Figure it the fuck out.” — Calliope “Lila” Barbot Princess of the Sylvan Fey Line Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
“My sire was the devil, and dam was darkness embodied. I am a shadow that can follow you, even into the night.” — Abyssian “Sian” Infernas King of Pandemonia and All Hells, Member of the Morior (AKA The Devil’s Own) Wicked Abyss by Kresley Cole
Fourteen circles for fourteen owners.
Storm Siren by Mary Weber
The third book was sitting in a display at the library and its cover caught my eye, so I had to find the first book and try it. Oh and she’s an anomaly and a slave, so… that helps with the curious factor.
LOL Ela, I was convinced with it’s an IAD book to read that book! I love those lines, though Nix’s line is dull compared to her usual. 😛
Oh there’s more to Nix’s “storytelling” but that’s a lot of typing! Oh and Bertel is eating cotton candy out of her bag…
Tessa–I was thinking the same thing! (about Nix’s line) But I’m sure it get’s more…colorful! lol
“Being single on Valentine’s Day sucked.”
Leave Me Breathless by Cherrie Lynn
“One summer night I fell asleep, hoping the world would be different when I woke.”
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (listening to the audiobook that was loaned to me by the birthday girl)
Is Bev the only one I can’t hug?
*big squishy hugs for Jean and Grey*
*gentle hugs for Nay*
*tissues and blanky for R.*
I am reading first one, listening to second.
He kisses me hard, insistently, a promise of more to come.
Unbreakable by Emma Scott
By the time my flight touches down in New York, I find myself feeling anxious.
Real Good Love by Meghan March
Alright, anyone know a good book that goes with this song? Every time I hear it, I think this has to match a book, but I can’t remember what.
I guess I’m still playing catch up too. *hugs Jean, and here’s a Corpse Reviver #2 (you’ll only need the one)**
Thanks Leslie, I’ll take it. Amy, I think I’m right before *that* part. I’m at 87% so I’m stopping before I can’t.
Tessa, I can’t listen to it right now (I’m at work and it wouldn’t go over well *snort*) but I will when I get the chance and see what book I think would go with it.
Yep R, you are almost there. And you definitely won’t want to stop reading once you do. 😉
**hugs** to you too, Jean! I didn’t read back enough.
Thanks, Leslie! I’m just looking forward to the day when they don’t have to be gentle anymore, but I’m still thankful that everything’s going ok. Got another zero rejection score at my biopsy on Monday, and after going every week and then every two weeks, now I don’t have to go back for a month, which I’m THRILLED about!
Gahhhh!! I just found out RK Lilley will be at RT!!! *dies*
RK Lilley is awesome AND beautiful. Oh and SUPER-tall. 🙂
Leslie…bev is the one we don’t hug. I’ve learned my lesson. 😆
Awwwww look, it’s our bev!!
Seriously, it’s her grumpy puppy!
No idea who RK Lilley is. Tristan and Danika are real people who have just always existed. No one made them up. 😛
Dear God, please don’t let me drink all the cocktails and start serenading RKL with Lost on You…
Congrats Nay. That’s awesome news!
Congratulations Nay! That’s awesome.
Thanks Amy. I just here it, and maybe it’s the actual title applies to most of our books (which is why we love them) but those lyrics just seem to make me think there’s a book out there. There has to be!
Oooh, RT convention for 2018 will be in Reno. That’s pretty close. Though, my luck, it’ll be the same week as my niece’s wedding. Sorry, but if it is, she wins. 🙂
I have no FLT currently 🙁 I feel overwhelmed with book/genre choices and I dk what I’m in the mood for. I have an audiobook from the library I may give a shot to, The Precious One by Marisa de los Santos, so we’ll see.
I have a song I’d like a book match to also! This song gives me so many feels every time it comes on, any ideas are much appreciated! https://g.co/kgs/cSF10Q
I’m so jealous, Robin! Somewhere along the way, my feeble brain forgot what RT is exactly, so I looked it up. What a HUGE list of awesome authors that are going to be there! And I only looked at a couple of pages. Wow! How many books are you taking with you to get signed??
Yes, Amy. You know if you want to be a party pooper, it was officially yesterday.
I was just happy you were reading that book.
Thanks so much, guys! They also took me off the insulin to see how I do without it and went down a little more on my prednisone (PTL!!!) I’m still taking a pretty big dose (15mg/day) but compared to where I started (60mg/day), it’s a huge difference (praying that my moonface will start to go away now!) Really, the meds and the soreness (and the swelling) are the only thing making me feel icky. Heart-wise, I feel great, and that’s what’s most important and what I’m SO thankful for!!
*snuggles Nay*!!!! 😀 YAY NAYYYYY!!!!!! I LOVE that you’re feeling so much better.
I’m taking a 23lb carry on of all the books by Emma Scott, Suanne Laqueur, and Jeannine Colette that I don’t have signed already. I think it’s like 11 of them! I have a few YA PNR’s and a Sylvia Day book that I could take, but IDK if they’ll fit in my suitcase and I’ll be busy during the signings so I’m not sure I want to haul them up there. Plus I need to leave room to bring books back or I’ll have to ship them!
Nay, that’s awesome news! You are doing so great!
R, I wish I had your problems and was at least GOING to RT! Jealous!
The struggle is real Jean.
Oh, I’m sure R! I’m not making light of it……if I was going, I would be stressing so bad!
R, I don’t know if this is helpful or not.
Ahhhh! Thank you bev! I was looking up transportation options earlier and gave up! There is just so much going on all at once my brain is fried lol. It’s like Buffy cons all over again!
FCH fans… a new pre-order is up.
OMG Nay, that’s FANTASTIC news!!! So happy for you!! 😀
Thank you Tessa! I’m reading Logan and FCHome next. *sigh* I’m going to miss that bunch. Never would have thought years ago when I first read FCHigh that we would be graced with so much time with them!!
bev…have you read The Sky is Everywhere? I can’t remember…
FLT: “Stop embarrassing me.” – Smiley, New Species Book 13.
Old PNR series I’ve read, loaner came in from library, so… yeah, I’m in the midst of “breeding heat” and insta love! LOL
Aw, Nay – so glad to hear you’re weaning off those meds!!! No more moon face, indeed! Gentle hugs… til you say it’s okay to squeeze you hard!
Anyone else having troubles with Amazon?
What kind of troubles Tessa?
I’ve been on Amazon a bunch the past couple of hours and I haven’t had any problems, Tessa.
MichelleS–I’ve always wanted to start that series! I’m going to try to get back to the Breeds series this year. For some reason I stopped at Mercury’s War, so I’m going to pick it back up…sometime. lol
Amy, yes. I think we talked about it back then. Maybe. But I did read it. It was one if my favorites for 2015.
Or I just become randomly over excited when my friends read books.
Huh it’s fine now. Earlier it kept just sending me a no connection error. Only for Amazon, not Smile Amazon. That’s why the FCH was a smile site.
I got that too earlier today Tessa.
Bev, did you see the meme Amy posted of you?? 😉
R, One of these times it will be YOU at RT with a line of fans waiting for you to sign your book for them!! 🙂
Lol Leslie! Until then, I’ll be in the hotel bar signing other people’s books. No line! <3
No….let me scroll.
I’m going to be such a midget!
That is hilarious.
Though IRL I’m a bit more grouchy than grumpy.
What’s the difference between grouchy and grumpy?
Nay – I’ve read all the Breeds novels, except last one. Waiting for library to get it. They’re so expensive!
New Species is “Breeds light”… similar premise, not as much intricate detail. And HOT!
Fabi – I don’t know! Women get grouchy & men get grumpy???
Grouchy should be awkward.
I…..don’t know…..end of the day.
Tasha, I was not expecting that song, I then had to go listen to Give Me One Reason.
I feel like that song is an Amy book.
From the working town small town aspect what comes to mind is
I’ll Meet You There—which you read, right?
The Serpent King
Good Time Bad Boy
Tessa my first thought is that you have read all of these types of books, lol.
Song of Fireflies–which I’m not that into, but…..
BD–which you’ve read
Sempre–which you’ve read
I haven’t read it but what about Low, that one Maryse loved, maybe?
OMG – Low – that was brutal! But so, so good.
*gently snuggles Nay*
FLT “They’re lost again,” Patrick says the minute he’s in the house.” From One Giant Leap, a sweet mm romance about a NASA astronaut (I kid you not). I saw Fabi’s review on GR and it sounded good and it was.
I finished OGL this morning and now I’ve started a new HR called The Duke Of Shadows by Meredith Duran, from a GR rec. Looks good. India, 1850s. First line : “I won’t.” Yep, that’s it, LOL. But sadly the cover is another one of those faceless, ripped torsos. But this torso is wearing an opened shirt a la puffy shirt/seinfeld style. Well, it is the 1850s LOL.
*gently snuggles Grey*
LOL!!! That’s another one I’ve never read that you guys attribute to my review. Funny thing is, no one is reading the ones I actually do review. hahahaha
What Fabi????? LOL. I must have read someone else’s review that you ‘liked’ then, cos it came up on my GR feed. OK, well, add it to your tbr – I think you’d like it.
Thanks Jan. It’s on my tbr. I just haven’t read it yet. Michelle did the same thing a few weeks ago. She was all “read it cause of Fabi’s GR review” and I was all “uh, what?”
LOL. It’s a pretty quick read so no need to stress about tbr pain.
*grins* I loved Storm Siren by Mary Weber. I didn’t want to stop reading it. I’m getting the other two on Saturday because WOW good. I kind of saw the end coming, but not the way I saw it. Totally threw me. I love that. I really need to get book two.
GR people. I’m SLOWLY going through and putting reviews on my books. I’ve gotten lazy about it. 🙂
OMG Ela, this is how tired I am. I just got your email and clicked on the link and thought, I haven’t seen any of these comments, I need to subscribe to this thread! Even though yours just came to my email. So now I’ll probably get duplicates.
And not “your email,” the notification with “your” comment. Sheesh.
Thanks Bev! Your so good at finding books to match songs, I loved I’ll Meet You There and now that you’ve pointed it out, I think it does fit well. The Serpent King I’ve been contemplating giving the sample a go, now I want to bump it up.
Oh, and now I’ve listened to Give Me One Reason…LOVED it. That song reminded me of songs from Big Little Lies playlist. 🙂
It’s fun. The only problem is it’s always newer books that first come to mind.
I’m sure there is more, I’m just not thinking of them.
Sempre is perfect. You’re right. I did love that story. *grins* I actually like that comparison more than BD. That girl had issues. 😛