This is the last official “release day” of the year and it’s a good one!!! And I’m enjoying a VERY recent release (The Play) that is super-bargain priced right nowand rocking my world!! I can’t stop giggling and it’s so easy to swoon over the brooding, somewhat anti-social hero, since according to the author, Tom Hardy was his inspiration. Tom Hardy is my favorite! And Karina Halle is my favorite too. Or one of ’em but DEFINITELY a favorite! (P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s post! Ten Monday early bird book releases)
Maryse: LOL!!! Just a few minutes into this latest Karina Halle book and I’m already laughing!! A hot Scottish “friend of a friend” is coming over, and she wasn’t expecting him…
“Why would you do that to me?” I cry out, patting down my messy top knot. “I came here in my pajamas. I don’t have any makeup on, my hair isn’t even brushed. Jesus, are my teeth even clean? Do I stink?” I quickly sniff my pits and then breathe into my hands. Mmmm. Eau du Wino.
Kimberly: Reading this now. Looooooooving it SO hard!!
Betty: Just started it too!
Karen: Saw this on sale….but your post made me buy it…thanks!!!
Pia: I am reading this one as well 😀 I am at 38% and totally love Kayla. Well Lachlan isn’t too bad either wink emoticon Have a feeling that this one could enter my Top 2015 favorite reads…
Maryse: YAY!!! We’re all buddy reading it. I can’t stop highlighting it. She’s witty!
Krystal: I’ve started this today as well ! That prologue !!! My goodness. Loving it so far .
Linda: Great story guys!!!
Sadie: Bought it!
Hilaria: I love The Play!
Karon: Loved this book. Kayla’s personality was awesome…and don’t get me started on HIM!!! HOT!!!Reading Winter Wishes now…they are in it too 😀
Lisa: This is my favorite in this series! Happy reading!
Theresa: Just finished Winter Wishes. I went bavk to The Play and reread the last couple of chapters, then read Winter Wishes, then went back to the epilogue of The Play. It read perfect like that for me.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Breaking Him: Love Is War, Book 1 by R.K. Lilley
- Summer’s Child by Diane Chamberlain
- Cocky Bastard by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
- After She’s Gone by Lisa Jackson
- The Marriage Contract by Katee Robert
- Ready or Not by Melissa Brayden
- Wicked Ride by Rebecca Zanetti
- Wicked Edge by Rebecca Zanetti
- The Baby: Boss, Book 5 by Abigail Barnette
- Afterlife: Afterlife Saga, Book 1 by Stephanie Hudson
- Anything for You by Kristan Higgins
- Point Blank: Sisterhood Series, Book 26 by Fern Michaels
- Outlaw’s Obsession: Grizzlies MC Romance Series #2 by Nicole Snow
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- You can also check out all of TODAY’S AMAZON DAILY DEALS <— includes anything and everything in this category (electronics, video games, clothes, cool house gadgets, Kindles etc…)
- Break Even by Lisa De Jong <— RECENT RELEASE/INTENSE TWISTY LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! This one just came out a day or so ago and LisaM LOVED it!! “Just finished reading Break Even. It was soooooo good!! What a triangle with all sorts of twists or should I say angles!!! I couldn’t put it down!!! Like every good book Ive read!! I just had to find out what happens next n next n next!! Now I’m done!! Wow!! Highly recommend it!!! It’s funny how you have these books on your tbr list n then you read the new releases n ok that book somehow gets to the top!!!!” and Cheryl agrees! “I’m almost finished with Break Even. It is great! Sexy times, with a “love” triangle & a WHAT. IS. GOING. ON?!!! I’ve practically read it on one seating because it’s soooo good and I’m not sure how this is going to end!!! May be a 5* for me.” And now… Grey is excited! “Break Even looks delicious… I just got 30 dollars in Amazon gift cards for Christmas… trying to resist… it’s burning a hole in my virtual pocket. *pshaw* who am I kidding, it’s after 8pm, I’m in jammies *giggle*“
- Irresistibly Yours: An Oxford Novel by Lauren Layne <— Anne enjoyed this one! “Just finished Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne and really liked it! Can’t wait to read the next books in the series “
- Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— bev recommended it in her top 2015, and LisaC is loving it! “I started Going the Distance today per your recommendation. 60% in and loving it so far. Thanks so much!”
- Lawless: King Book 3 by T.M. Frazier <— Jean loved this one! “I just finished Lawless from the King series over the weekend. Loved the series!”
- Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage <— Fabi insists!!!! “Talk about favorite authors. Mine hit it out of the park again with the Caged trilogy. I just finished reading it and I promise you it has ALL the feelz. It was published in 3 parts but reads as one book. In fact, I think it’s being sold as a bundle now. I’m so sorry its over but so happy with the epilogue. I have no idea what to read after that fantastic ride. …Maryse, or anyone listening, please read the Caged trilogy by Shay Savage. It is an absolute 5* read. I recently finished it and I can’t tell you how much I loved that series. Just…greatness. …I am dying for someone to read Caged. I have to share the love! lol It just…gah…broke my heart and lifted me up and made me fall in love with every single character.” Well that sounds perfect. 1.) I LOVE fighter romance, and 2.) I LOVE SHAY SAVAGE!!!!! 😀
- Hero Book 1 – The Assignment: A Military Romance by M.S. Parker <— Marit loved this one! “I just read Hero by M.S. Parker!! Oh my This book is sooooooo hot, girls. He is her bodyguard. And she is a spoiled, rich brat! I have already clicked home book two now Yaaaay!”
- NIKOLAI: The Complete Boxed Set (Her Russian Protector Book 15) by Roxie Rivera <— Lauren found us this! “Roxie Rivera’s Nikolai (Her Russian Protector), books 1 & 2 PLUS 2 novellas, is bundled… then goes up… soon. Same with Sergei (Her Russian Protector) books 1 & 2 + 2 novellas.”
- Sergei: The Complete Boxed Set (Her Russian Protector Book 16) by Roxie Rivera <— THIS ONE TOO!
- Forget (Changing Colors Book 1) by N.A. Alcorn <— Marion LOVED these! “For lovers of music I cannot recommend N.A Alcorns “Forget” and the sequel “Blur”, enough.I read them back to back in two days coz I couldn’t put them down!!!!! Beautiful love story!!!!”
- Tiffany Snow <— Lauren found out that most of the “Tangled Ivy” series and the “Kathleen Turner” series are on sale!
- The Matchmaker: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand <— ON SALE!! “But when tragedy threatens her own second chance, Dabney must face the choices she’s made and share painful secrets with her family. Determined to make use of her gift before it’s too late, she sets out to find perfect matches for those she loves most.”
- Smoldering Hunger: Part 4 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Vengeance (The Captive Series, Book 6) by Erica Stevens
- Dragon’s Vengeance (The Dragon Corps Series Book 2) by Michaela Kendrick
- Smoldering Hunger: A Dark Kings Novel by Donna Grant
- Between a Vamp and a Hard Place by Jessica Sims
- Dead Eye (A Tiger’s Eye Mystery Book 1) by Alyssa Day
- Oculus by J.L. Mac <— GHOST LOVE STORY? SHE’S BLIND… “I have no evidence that he’s real. But if he isn’t, why do I wake with the taste of him on my lips? I long for someone who doesn’t exist and even if he does, he’s forbidden, dangerous.” and then!!! “The irony is that my phantom, the one I want so badly, seems driven to destroy everything I’ve ever known.” Oooooh!
- Capturing Gabriel: Romancing the Guardians, Book Three by Lyn Horner
- Haunted (Book Four of the Hollow City Coven Series): A Witch and Warlock Romance Novel by Hazel Hunter
- Hero Unleashed (Heroes of Saturn Book 2) by Anna Alexander
- A Treacherous Decision (Order of the MoonStone Book 2) by JC Morrows
- Hunter Deceived (Wild Hunt) <— SHE’S HALF-FAE and he’s an “Unseelie hunter” and she’s fighting her possible horrible destiny… “Whenever she’s tempted, she calls up a vision of his eyes. Hears his voice calling her back from the brink of madness. Years later, when she returns to the scene of her living hell, he’s her only hope for salvation. Calan, the leader of the Wild Hunt, was created to protect mankind from the Unseelie Court, not love one of them.”
- Girl of Myth and Legend (The Chosen Saga Book 1) by Giselle Simlett
- Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken <— HE HAS JUST TASTED FEAR FOR THE FIRST TIME… and the love of his life is the cause! “I’ve been given thirty days to prove my love to another immortal–as a human. Cursed to use nothing but the side of myself I’ve always despised to win her affection. I am Cassius, the King of the immortals, A Dark One…“
- First Touch: A Novel (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige <— HER BEST FRIEND IS MISSING ALERT! “Determined to track down her friend, Emily follows a chain of clues that leads her to Reeve Sallis, a gorgeous and equally dangerous hotelier known for his power games and shady dealings. Now, in order to find Amber, Emily must return to her playgirl ways…“
- Outlaw’s Vow: Grizzlies MC Romance (Outlaw Love) by Nicole Snow
- With Every Breath (Wanderlust) by Lia Riley
- A Creative Guide to Getting a Life by MJ Eason
- Dirty Pleasures (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 2) by Meghan March <— HE’S BOSSY & SHE’S FALLING FOR HIM… “I did it. I married a billionaire. My reasons are my own, but the last thing I expected was to feel owned…”
- December: Calendar Girl Book 12 by Audrey Carlan
- Pet Friendly by Sue Pethick
- Heart Taker by Sasha Devlin
- Sway by Melanie Stanford <— SHE’S A JULIARD GRADUATE WITH NO CAREER & HER EX (THAT SHE DUMPED SO SHE COULD KEEP HER INHERITANCE) IS NOW A FAMOUS MUSICIAN ALERT! “In the most ironic of role reversals, Eric is rolling in musical success, and Ava’s starting at the bottom to build her career. Worse, every song Eric sings is an arrow aimed straight for her regrets.”
- Who We Were – by Kelly Elliott <— HER WORLD WAS SHATTERING! “…my world came crashing down on me at twenty-four years old. It wasn’t going to take wine to help Brody and I find our way back to one another. It was going to take fighting … not only for our love— But for my life.“
- Thicker Than Water by by Brigid Kemmerer <— HIS MOTHER WAS MURDERED AND HE IS THE SUSPECT ALERT! “The only person who believes him is Charlotte Rooker, little sister to three cops and, with her soft hands and sweet curves, straight-up dangerous to Thomas. Her friend was the other murder vic…“
- Catering to His Needs (Kitchen Confessions Book 1) by Rose C. Carole
- Like Glass We Break by Kari Fisher
- A Trail in the Woods: Book 2 of The Woods Series by MA Scott
- Till Death Us Do Part by Cristina Slough <— SHE BELIEVES HER MARINE HUSBAND DIED AT WAR, STARTS FALLING FOR HIS BROTHER, AND HE COMES BACK, FURIOUS ALERT!! “…when suspicions of Joel’s past surface, Austin refuses to disclose family secrets—even to his brother’s widow. It’s only by accident she uncovers evidence of Joel’s tainted past. Devastated by his lies and betrayal, she slowly opens up to Austin, and together they unfold layers of pain and grief…“
- Headed for Trouble by Shiloh Walker
- Say A Prayer: #Four Like A Lady Series by S.J. Sawyer
- Kill Without Mercy (Ares Security Book 1) by Alexandra Ivy <— MILITARY HEROES FREED FROM A TALIBAN PRISON ALERT! “…he’s eager to get back to his new life in Texas. But when he crosses paths with Annie White, a haunted beauty with skeletons in her closet, he can’t just walk away—not when she’s clearly in danger…“
- Crumbled (A Paper Thin Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Snyder
- Iron & Bone (Lock & Key Book 3) by Cat Porter
- If Your Wife Only Knew (Love & Revenge Book 1) by Cydney Rax <— MARRIAGE IN TROUBLE ALERT! “…why is she wondering what would happen if she put her marriage to the ultimate test—secretly setting Rashad up with a younger woman to see if he’s tempted?… When Kiara decides to test Rashad for real, her world turns upside down. Not only does he take the bait—it turns out he’s had a mistress on the side for years…“
- This Is True Love (Exclusive! Book 1) by Jamie Wesley
- When You’re Gone by Pamela L. Todd
- Redemption by Kate Douglas <— SHE’S MISTRUSTFUL & HE’S HER ROOMMATES BROTHER ALERT!! “…when roommate’s brother-in-law shows up at Lola’s doorstep-unannounced, unassuming, and unbelievably gorgeous-she can’t help but wonder if he’s hiding something behind that handsome face, that sly smile, and those tempting lips…“
- Prime Target (The Target Series Book 1) by Marquita Valentine
- Shark In Troubled Waters (The Date Shark Series Book 4) by Delsheree Gladden
- Christmas from Hell: A Neighbor From Hell Novel by R.L. Mathewson <— TEE HEE!!! ONE OF THE FUNNIEST AND FUNNEST ROMANCE SERIES featuring the hungriest and goofiest, most infuriating yet sexiest men ever! And the author provided just a little excerpt just to give you an idea: “Heart pounding against her chest, telling her that she needed to move her ass faster and demanding to know why she’d done something so foolish as to only make one pan of brownies when she knew the house was filled to the rafters with Bradfords, she practically dove for the attic door…“
- At Peace (The War Trilogy #3) by Andria Large <— M/M ROMANCE
- Unwelcome Home (Welcome to Alvarado Book 2) by C.E. Kilgore <— M/M ROMANCE
- Naked Hunger (Naked Cowboys) by Desiree Holt
- Never Tied Down (The Never Duet Book 2) by Anie Michaels
- After She’s Gone (West Coast Series Book 3) by Lisa Jackson <— TWO FAMOUS SISTERS and one goes missing… “But Allie, finally free of small-town Oregon, and just that little bit more beautiful, also proved to be more talented—and driven. Where Cassie got bit parts, Allie rose to stardom. But now her body double has been shot on the set of her latest movie—and Allie is missing. Police discover that the last call to Allie’s phone came from Cassie, though she has no recollection of making it. Instead of looking like a concerned relative, Cassie is starting to look like a suspect…“
- Forever Summer (Book # 7 The Summer Series) by CJ Duggan
- Baby Bear: MC Romance (Lady Riders Book 4) by Harley McRide
- Unexpected Love by Selena Rivera
- The Safe Bet (The Game Changers Book 3) by Shealy James
- Thin Ice: A Novel (Men of Valor) by Irene Hannon <— HER SISTER MIGHT STILL BE ALIVE… “After losing her parents and her sister, Christy Reed has been mired in grief. Now, life is finally starting to feel normal again–until an envelope addressed in her sister’s handwriting arrives in the mail. And the note inside claims she is still alive.”
- Where She Belongs (Misty Willow Book #1): A Novel by Johnnie Alexander
- The Beginning (The Butterfly Series Book 2) by Isabella Redwood
- A Bolt of Loving by C. D. Melley
- Love and Protect (Heroes of Evers, Texas Book 1) by Lori Ryan <— SHE’S PREGNANT AND IN DANGER ALERT! “…not only is her life in danger, so is the life of her unborn child. With everything to lose, she flees to Evers, Texas with a new identity, taking refuge on the ranch of Cade Bishop, a man who firmly believes in second chances…“
- Shameless: A Bitter Creek Novel by Joan Johnston <— SHE’S SINGLE & PREGNANT AND HE’S A RECLUSE ALERT! “He lives in an isolated cabin, away from his domineering father and the scandal surrounding his family. Devon’s attraction to Pippa is intoxicating and undeniable, but when he tries to get close, she’s as wary as his once-wild wolf. Devon is willing to defy his father, and hers, to claim Pippa as his own…“
- Caught by You: A Love Between the Bases Novel by Jennifer Bernard <— FAMOUS BASEBALL PLAYER PROPOSES SO SHE CAN GET CUSTODY OF HER SON BACK ALERT! “Any hint of scandal could keep her from getting her son back from her well-connected ex. Then Mike comes up with a game-changing idea: a marriage proposal that could help win her case— even as it jeopardizes her heart . . .“
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s)
- Missed Connection by K. Larsen & Mara White – January 5th 2016
- Built: Saints of Denver by Jay Crownover – January 5th 2016
- An Ounce of Hope (A Pound of Flesh Book 3) by Sophie Jackson – January 5th 2016
- On Solid Ground (A Touch of Fate) by K.L. Greyson – January 5th 2016
- Fighting Dirty: Worth the Fight Series by Sidney Halston – January 5th 2016
- The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson Book 9) by Darynda Jones – January 5th 2016
- House of the Rising Son by Sherrilyn Kenyon – January 5th 2016
- Beast by Jenika Snow & Sam Crescent – January 5th 2016
- Counter To My Intelligence (The Heroes of The Dixie Wardens MC Book 7) by Lani Lynn Vale – January 6th 2016
- Aced (The Driven Series Book 8) by K. Bromberg – January 11th 2016
- Scarless & Sacred (The Chicago War Book 3) by Bethany-Kris – January 11th 2016
- The Score (Off-Campus Book 3) by Elle Kennedy <— Dean & Allie’s book! Releasing January 11th 2016
- Sebring (The Unfinished Hero Series Book 5) by Kristen Ashley – January 11th 2016
- Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness Duet Book 2) by Laura Kaye – January 12th 2016
- Make Me Sin (Bad Habit Book 2) by J.T. Geissinger – January 12th 2016
- Dirty Together (The Dirty Billionaire Trilogy Book 3) by Meghan March – January 12th 2016
- Unhinge: A Novel by Calia Reed – January 12th 2016
- Waiting for Wyatt: A Red Dirt Novel by SD Hendrickson – January 12th 2016
- In This Life by Christine Brae – January 22nd 2016
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott – February 9th 2016 (this is the author of RUSH!!!) 😀
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Oh my goodness… must resist! My fingers…. there’s all aflutter! There is so much, that I desperately want to add to my pile. But…but…but, if I wait until Friday, they’ll be on 2016 list and thus my TBR list wont be so long *giggle* that is rationalizing at it’s finest folks!
However, because I have no shame…and no willpower. (Speaking of shame and willpower, where is Amy, I miss you girl!)
The Play and most of the top 11 I think were on my TBR list anyway, so they don’t really count, right???
First Touch by Laurelin Paige
Dirty Pleasures by Meghan March
Sway by Melanie Stanford
Thicker Than Water by Bridget Kemmerer
If Your Wife Only Knew by Cydney Rax
Til Death Do Us Part by Cristina Slough
Christmas from Hell by RL Mathewson
Untouchable Darkness by Rachel VanDyken (but I haven’t read book1 yet LOL!)
Thank you as always Maryse!
Dang it… I always comment too early, I went back…and there’s more. I quit! haha!
Hey guys Caethes Faron has her trilogy on super sale for the next few days. I can’t believe I forgot to put this on my 2015 favorites, but maybe I read it in 2014. In any case, if you read mm, don’t miss this fantastic historical fantasy. It is AMAZINGLY good.
Here is her email:
To celebrate the holidays, I’ve put the Measure of Devotion Trilogy Box Set on sale for just $0.99! The price is going back up to $9.99 in just over 3 days, so now is the time to grab it. Be sure to share the sale with your friends so they can discover Kale and Jason too. This is the first time I’ve ever done a sale like this for the box set, and I can’t guarantee that I will again!
Amazon US: https://caethesfaron.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=6afc382cc10dc2f1c267e3d6c&id=c0fdec51fe&e=1471edce91
Amazon UK: https://caethesfaron.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6afc382cc10dc2f1c267e3d6c&id=202d69b72a&e=1471edce91
You can also download the box set through Kindle Unlimited if you’re a subscriber!
I must be doing something wrong with my comments. My previous one is waiting moderation. That’s two of them in two days.
Grey! How is The Life of Anna treating you?
Grey, book one of the Dark Ones is only 99 cents too. I plan to read two after Unlikely Lover by Natasha Anders. 🙂
Fabi, I’m reading the 1st Caged book and loving it!
Grey…I’m back!!!! And needing lots and lots of hugs ’cause I’ve been missing y’all so freaking much…GROUP HUG LADIES, PLEEEAAAASE!!!!
I’ve been dying to read Break Even since I preordered it, and now it’s on my Kindle and I actually have time to sit and read, but I’m all wrapped up in Wild Reckless…dangit!! Freaking first-world problems, I tell ya. 😉
Okay, so I saw a bunch of posts in my feed with our ladies’ top reads for 2015…is it too late for me to throw out a list of my faves for this year? Do I post it here or email it? I swear, I’m totally suffering from…what do all the cool young people call it…oh yeah, FOMO!!! *snort* Look at me trying to be all young and hip. 😛
OH! I have to share something with you guys because I reached a low point and it is so deserving of some heckling from y’all. SO deserving. And after Grey associating me with no shame…well, ya know, it is fitting.
I got into a verbal spat with a mouthy girl who looked to be about 10 years old.
Yep. I did. Because I’m so awesome and all.
We had a loooooong flippin’ day at Disneyland where it was packed, and I was already in such a state that I hated everyone who even breathed near me. So we’re trying to leave through the security tent towards Downtown Disney when this little girl pushes me out of the way to move ahead. I tossed my hands up and said “excuse you” and this little twit turned around and threw HER hands up and mocked me by saying it right back! So, being the mature person I am, I snorted and told her sarcastically that she had been raised properly to which she shot back “that’s right, I have!” By this point, her teenage friend/sister/cousin/whatever was trying to pull her away and telling her to be quiet, and when she saw me staring at her (mind you, we are all walking in Downtown now) she stuck her tongue out at me and put her hands on her hips and made some kind of “nyah” sound at me. And what do I do? Tell the older girl that she needs to keep her brat on a leash.
I’m cringing remembering that, but confession is supposed to be good for the soul, right? RIGHT?? *covers face* Definitely not my proudest moment.
Jean I can’t tell you how excited I am you’re reading Caged. I can’t stop thinking about it.
It’s why I went from that to LoA. I knew it would have to be a very powerful book to get me past the Caged fog.
Amy!!! Hugz!!! So glad you’re back.
Oh Amy. You’re my hero. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to do something like that to a bratty kid with no manners.
Me (and my kids) would have died before mouthing off to an adult. Ugh!
*blinks* You went to Disneyland during Christmas vacation? *blinks again* Any and all childishness is forgiven when you have tramped through that form of hell. First two weeks of December only! (I grew up in Orange County and had a pass for 10+ years so… yeah.)
And *huggle attack* Hi! Go ahead and just post your favs of the year!
Cole McCade published a freebie for us. Here is part of his post:
“So I’d meant to release THE FALLEN on December 31st, but Amazon was kind enough to set it free today. If you loved Crow City, then I hope you’ll enjoy coming back to it for a little while – and getting to meet Gabriel in his own voice, in this prequel story that takes place before he meets Leigh and gives us a window into the depth of his relationships with Gary and Maxi. We’ll learn just what broke him…and how he saved himself.”
Amy, That was YOU!?!!
She is actually only 9!
If you’re not joking, I’m gonna toss my cookies.
*hides behind Tessa and Fabi*
Haha, too funny Amy! Only you! I don’t blame you one bit. Welcome back!
Fabi, I’m loving Caged a lot! It’s slow and sweet right now and Teague is badass! I totally loved that first time he walked her home and listed the things she had to be aware of ending it with him and his living arrangements (trying to be vague to avoid any spoilers). I was grinning like an idiot!
I just want everyone to know. She’s not rude, just precocious.
*snickers* Evil Bev. I love it. I lost one of my nephews on the only Christmas I went to Disneyland. He had a fit and ran off. He was 12? so my sister shrugged and we went to sit for the parade.
Lol, Tessa. But wouldn’t it have been wonderful if true?
Oh my freakin gosh I just finished LoA5. Total and complete book fog. Jean, I can’t thank you enough for recommending this series. It was all worth it. Totally and completely.
***la la la floating on cloud 9***
Bev, I can’t see you allowing a kid near you to act like that. Especially at the end of the day. At that point, it’s just smack the kid upside the head time.
I meant to ask, Amy. All joking aside, did you enjoy Disneyland? It’s my favorite time of year there. It’s just pretty, the music is festive and rides change to accommodate the season. 🙂
Sorry Fabi what series is LoA? You have me at “complete book fog.” Also want to put it out there my own book fog. Just spent Christmas break reading the Indebted series by Pepper Winters. LoVeD it sooooo freaking much!!!!! Jethro Hawk yeah. Gimme gimme please!!
Linda if you liked the Indebted series you might like The Life of Anna series. Although, the latter is much darker. The darkest I’ve ever read with Heat coming in a close 2nd. Nope, no, not close at all.
The Life of Anna is dark, it is gruesome, it is evil, it is beyond anything you can imagine. The author herself describes it as “if Stephen King wrote Erotica”. It is an horrifyingly fascinating love story that gives you no relief until the 5th and final book.
Lol Amy! I would’ve done the same! Seriously kids these days don’t know what respects is.
Maryse thank you! Just got The Play for 0.99! You cant beat that price!
Started Break Even last night and liking it so far. I am only at 15% but I can see its going to be an intense book.
I always squeal and feel like a celebrity when you quote me on your blog! Lol!
I really want to read TLoA but I am so scared!! Lol
Anne, the first book is free so you don’t have to commit to it if you can’t handle it. 🙂
Oh, and Amy please share your top favorites.
Alright, nothing looks good right now. I hate when that happens. Even the book I was anticipating I’m all, meh. *rolls eyes* I blame Jason Thorn. That book really was super good. I want a book that makes me so happy I’m twirling and hugging myself. However, I tend to buy emotional or pnr. *shakes head* 1000+ books and this? Ridiculous.
Tessa, I do that too. Like everything and nothing sounds good. I still haven’t started anything new since Sunday. But been a bit tired so I keep wanting to read in bed all cozy, so then I just want to go to sleep.:-P
YAY!!! Welcome home Amy!!! *hands Amy a welcome home martini before giving her a big hug, because…well I have manners…*
OMG, I’m laughing so hard I’m snorting because I was totes gonna pull the ‘sorry that was my kid’ line but then Bev had already done it. Bwahahahha, see we really are a wolf pack/bridesmaids bunch around here!
Then, I saw that Cole McCade had posted that freebie on Twitter…and someone else had already posted that too… thank goodness things have picked up around here… I was getting the heebes with it being a ghost town around here on Christmas!
Life of Anna, I’m loving it. Come join us on the dark side… we have cookies… oh wait, that’s a lie, we have booze though… *side-eyes Amy, giggle*
O. M. G. Bev…you’re such a brat! You DID have me going though, so I have to admit that was funny. *Now* it is funny. Before I knew you were joking, not so much. 😉 I really did think you knew the little girl, LOL!!
Yeah Tessa, it was fun to experience all of the Christmas decor, music, parades and fireworks! I wasn’t thrilled with what they did to the Haunted Mansion (though the outside did look CRAZY spooky at night with all the candles on it!), but I was so happy to see how Pirates of the Carribean had only been enhanced by the minor changes, not ruined or anything. We’ve been there before when it’s not as busy and I definitely prefer it that way, but it was still wonderful all the same. 😀 Ooh! And the Twilight Zone Hotel ride was FUN!!!
*takes martini from Grey and raises it* Yes, we DO have booze here!!!
Do you all have any idea how often I find myself shaking my head at you while reading your comments?
About as often as I find myself laughing out loud, for real.
I wish I could list ALL of the books I loved this past year, but these are my five-star reads from 2015…
Tight by Alessandra Torre
Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
The Deal by Elle Kennedy
On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves
Collide by Gail McHugh
Jezebel by K. Larsen
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
The Paper Swan by Leylah Attar
Blue Plate Special by Michelle D. Kwasney
Lily of the Springs by Carole Bellacera
And my absolute favorite of the year, without a single doubt, is ******BADGER BY C.M. MCKENNA!!!!!!******
Two that I read which I didn’t five-star (for whatever reason that I cannot remember now) but probably SHOULD be five stars for the simple fact that they still make my heart clench and my eyes teary when I think of them are the Until the End of the World series by Sarah Lyons Fleming and Broken by Erica Stevens. UTEOTW because…well, those of my friends here who have read the books know why. 😉 And Broken because holy mother-effin’ moly that book BROKE me. That woman made my heart shatter for the one character I hated the most in the previous books. *fans eyes* Not gonna cry…not gonna cry…
Fabi, right?!? I can’t tell you how many times I’ve busted out laughing inappropriately because I’ve decided to check in here.
I seriously love you guys!
Now I’m off to check out everyone’s 2015 faves!!!
No Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion for you? Again ex-passholder. I think it just was such a thrill for different that I love it. Also, well, I have the whole prologue to the Haunted Mansion memorized. I’m annoying in the elevator, quoting word for word and standing right where the walls open. *evil grin*
I’m reading a stepbrother prince romance for the prince aspect of it. Who knows if it will end my funk, but I hope so! Princes usually make me happy in books.
Michelle, its your turn! And awesome, of course.
I was just looking at Theresa’s top 2015 reads, and she had Rush on there…I can’t believe I forgot to list that one! How could I forget Rush??
So, Rush by Emma Scott is now added to my 2015 list. 😀
Looks like Jan 11th is MY Christmas, judging by the incredible pre-orders!
Amy, I’ve read 3 on your favorites list! I thought that was pretty good considering our favorites taste is somewhat different. I know we read a lo of the same books, but we tend to freak out over different types of books.
PS. Has anyone else noticed that The Deal seems to have made it on pretty much everyone’s favorites list? Come on Jan 11th!
PSS. Two more days until we see Maryse’s favorites for 2015. squeeeeee
Fabi, I love that you are “la la la’ing” and in a book fog from one of the darkest series out there. Wasn’t it a great conclusion? I felt like the 5th book had a whole different feel to it and loved it!
Oh and I think the Buddy Read for January should definitely be The Score. We all love the series and are highly anticipating Dean’s story! Right? Right!
Absolutely Jean. That was an easy 5* rating for me. The conclusion was perfect. I loved how it resolved with Devin. I couldn’t have come up with anything better than that. Honestly, I’d love to see the series continue. Maybe not as intensely as the first four books, but midway between those and book 5 would be great. There are so many characters that I want to know more about and keep in touch with. Just…WOW…that was a wild ride.
I am ALL IN for a buddy read of The Score. I’ll drop whatever I’m reading and start it whenever everyone else decides is a good start date. There are some series where I get pretty invested in the characters and Elle Kennedy’s Off Campus series is one of them. It’s as hard to break away from them as it is from The Gentry Boys or The Maddox Brothers among others.
Gentry Boys fabi? Oh I have them……now look what you’ve done…..now I want to read them! I’m half way through Teague Takedown…..LOVING……and I’m sure I’ll have to continue right along with the series. Are the next 2 books different characters?
You haven’t read the Gentry Boys series? Surely you have. :-0
Caged is really 1 book published in 3 pieces. (I can’t believe Shay Savage did that!) So, unless you hate it, you’ll need to go directly from one to the next to get the full story. I waited for them all to be published before I started reading them.
Ok, looks like I’ll be “Caged” in for a while then. Lol! Ummmmm, yeah, no I haven’t read the Gentry Boys yet……*ducking*
And actually, now that you say it, I would love to get more of LoA…..hmmm maybe we should stalk the author. There’s been a lot of stalking around here lately!
*quickly grabs 4 peanuts”
Alright, I’m armed now for Draw, Risk, Game and Fall. *evil laugh*
Yup, we’ve all become the peanut missile launching stalkers.
*double and tripple checks the spelling of “peanut” before posting* 😉
Yay. Amy is back. I love Disney at Christmas. So beautiful. Have never seen so many poinsettias in one place. And they change the music at It’s a Small World. Did you notice? I have to bite my tongue almost daily at bratty teens and pre-teens, working with 6 thru 12th graders. Some have not one ounce of respect for adults. You get a pass from me. 🙂
Did you notice several of all of our beloved books were from peanut throwing? So keep throwing out the peanuts ladies. It eventually works.
Right now I have no peanuts to throw except R. Lee Smith books, but they are sooooooo long that I know it’s not everybody’s thing. And they are not the least bit pretty. I don’t want to live in her worlds. But I miss the beastly heroes once I leave that world.
I read Gentry Boys. If you like thise then you have to read the McKinney boys.
McKinney boys is Claudia Connors. True series by Liora Blake was great to. Not brothers – band boys.
Ah man, all these boys…..heehee
Tessa…nah, I didn’t care for the NBC theme of the Haunted Mansion. Then again, I grew up going to Disneyland with the original HM before all of the changes so I’m a little biased. 😉
I know, Fabi…I love it when my favorite reads overlap with those of you who typically have different tastes from mine. I love the diversity around here! 😀
*ducks beside Jean* Are we safe down here? ‘Cause I haven’t read the Gentry boys either…
*snicker* Yeah Jean, all theses boys and their “peanuts.” 😛
MichelleS! I DID notice that when I was collecting my five-star reads for my 2015 list!! There were four or five that I read because I was nailed repeatedly with peanuts…and I wasn’t disappointed. 😀
Yup Amy, and I’ll never forget one of the greatest series ever was your rec of The Covenant Series. Oh, and I still remember almost every detail of Room 212!
Theresa, thank you for the recs. I’m looking them up right now. I really like staying with a group of people or a particular setting for more than one book. (as long as each book as an ending – lol)
Jean – boys, boys, boys. Boys!!! The PMLS love boys. —erm, men, actually, but hey…boys turn into men right?
Nailed… nuts… Oh my goodness, you girls are naughty… *cackles and joins Amy and Jean on the floor* I haven’t read the Gentry boys or The Gann books either…
Grey! Why aren’t your “ewwwiing” and “ooohing” over LoA? I FREAKED when I read that first book.
*he he he” I have Jean “Caged”. …and…ya’ll should ALL join her.
K c lynn fans – Act of Salvation will be out 1/27. This the second in the spinoff Acts of Honor series. Which spun off from Men of Honor.
Ex- military suspense. Sweet reads. I’ve read them all
Fabi, get the Men of Honor boxed set for .99
Gentry boys has a boxed set as well. Triplets so 3 brothers and the 4th is the cousin
I finished LoA book one Fabi, I’m moving onto book 2, full steam ahead!
I just bought the Men of Honor set……how the heck am I going to get to all these books! My TBR just hit 900! Not so bad compared to some of your lists!
Grey! You flew through book 1! What are your thoughts? It just gets darker and darker and darker…….
Yes to buddy reading The Score! I can’t freaking wait for that book!!
I’ll share my favorite 2015 reads tomorrow. I love these type of lists 🙂
I feel better I only have 300 ebooks on the tbr. But I have at keadt that many in books as well.
Jean, you have to read the first for sure because there is a back story to how they know each other and stay close in one town. These are quick reads. I like series though. It’s hell when you get behind but this is worth it and not many. When they have 20 books and I have not even started is tough for me to start.
As of the new list today – if you did not read TIght, that’s a must read,
Theresa, I’ve already read all the Gentry Boys books. I’m buying the Men of Honor boxed set right now. Thanks for the heads up.
Grey, holly cow, you’re going directly into book 2? I wasn’t able to do that. I had to have a break (a long one) in between all except 4 and 5.
So, tell us, tell us…who do you like, who do you not like? Names and details please. LOL I’m a fanatic because I just finished it and I’m missing it hard.
Fabi, if you like Men of Honor, let me know I have some other that are similar. Oh, forgot Laura Kaye Hard Ink series and she has a bunch of new one coming out. Christin Harber- first one is free now, Julie Ann Walker. J d Tyler has a good paranormal military one.
I’m reading Alexandra Ivy new series – just came out- ex military security
Fighter readers- have you read Aly Martinez, brothers and fighters
I’m afraid to say outloud who I like, because maybe the author is going to throw me a curve ball and make me hate them… but I cant help but like Devin a little bit. I like Alex, I like Kurt.. gah…
I hate Jack, I want him to die a fiery death…
A re-read has actually crossed my mind. But I can’t get my courage up enough to do it. Maybe next year.
Amy’s list of heartbreak is up.
I tried the first Gentry boys but it was a dnf for me. Loved the first Mckinney book. I put the second down cause something shiny came by. What is the acronym again for a book you plan to finish sometime?
The Gentry boys was niot profound but just plain sad hiw kids are raised
I thought it was a fantastic story of climbing out of hell by nothing more than force of will. I have nothing but heartache and admiration for those boys and their SOs.
Bev. You’ll get behind on the McKinney boys, new book coming out I think April.
Alright, you know I have to ask…is Caged his POV only or dual POV? I can’t tell from the blurb.
Bev… *scoffs* They’re not ALL heartbreaking…just a few of them. 😉
Amy, heh. So if he dies its ok but if he’s homeless that’s taking it a step too far.
I want to read tonight. It is just……I can’t settle on one. I’m wishy washy and dithering.
Ok. I swore I was never going to do this. But, you know how you guys talk makeup sometimes? And we go off topic occasionally? Well, I need your expert advice, Michelle… And I was NEVER going to do this!!! Don’t hate me!
My 5 mo old Havanese puppy is teething & I thought about baby aspirin, but not sure if it’s safe. And he’s only 6 pounds. Can’t find dosage anywhere online.
Such a loser. I know. Asking you professional advice. ** hangs head in shame ** (just want my puppy not to be in pain)
Amy, Caged is 100% in his POV. Sorry hon 🙁
And as I’m sitting here reading Caged, I’m DYING for her POV! Fabi, do we ever get it in the other books?
Bev – feeling wishy washy? I have a custom recommendation, just for you: “Jacked” by Tina Reber. I remember thinking while I was reading it that this is a total “Bev Book”.
And it’s free on KU. Cheap if buying (2.99). And they are grown ups. He’s a cop. She’s a doctor. Hot and smart.
I am loving it though fabi…slow and sweet. All his descriptions of her huge bag she carries is cracking me up! And the bookcase! Sigh…so cool…. Oh and what happens when they’re sleeping……making me swoon big time! I’m at 60%.
Bev…the H dying I can handle, but reading about a homeless teen through the eyes of another character might just be too much for my heart. However, if the MC is the homeless teen then I can handle it. *sigh* Don’t ask me to make sense of that. It just IS, okay??? Okay. 😉
DANGIT!!!! I just can’t do a male POV right now. 😕 No Caged for me…
Jean, he’s really the MC in the story. I don’t recall ever getting her point of view but honestly I pay so little attention to POV in books. I don’t think I ever noticed it until y’all started talking about it here. Now I try to notice if I can cause I know Amy and Maryse prefer the single female POV books. I just get confused and don’t know if its her or him or first or third. Really, when it’s a good story I don’t notice where its coming from.
Awwww the snuggles. *melting* And the handbag, omg, I died laughing the first dozen times. Can you imagine being in those circumstances and your bf making that bookshelf like that? It would be my prized possession forever. And isn’t she so brave doing what she’s doing with her life? And…yeah yeah I’ll stop. Sheesh…let a girl squeee and she squeeeeeeeeeeee s.
Javked – read it- been waiting fir Amped and I think it is cioming soon.
Puppy- I want to say no aspirin – it’s bad but I can’t remember why
btw 2 is better than 1 and 3 is better than 1 & 2
BOOKS! Caged 1 2 & 3 to be exact. *grumbles about dirty minds* I’m off to read sci fi and YA. 😉
Lol fabi! I love your squeeing! I’m definitely going to read right through the series! I like both male and female POV and will read either, but was just curious if we ever got her thoughts. Ok back to Liam.
MichelleS. dogs.lovetoknow.com says no for puppies. See below. I wonder if that teething gel for human babies works on doggie babies?
“According to VetInfo.com, while aspirin should never be given to puppies because their systems can’t break it down, you can give your adult dog aspirin to relieve pain and/or inflammation, and you should always give it with food. The recommended dosage is 5 mg to 10 mg of aspirin per pound of a dog’s weight, as recommended by your veterinarian, and it can be given once every 12 hours.”
MichelleS – no a vet tech trying to check fior your puppy.
Call emergency vet- they’ll tell you over the phone whether that is a good or bad idea
MichelleS, I already have it. I had started it but can’t remember what stole my attention away. But since you jumped into Simon ill give it a go. My grandma had an old dog that took baby aspirin for pain. But she was very big. I don’t think my puppies ever showed teething pain just chewed any and everything.
Amy, it was a good read. Maryse has a review of it.
I can only think of two female pov of the top of my tired head. Painted Faces and the Sky is Everywhere.
Finished Break Even and loved it!!! Soo good! I have just 2 words for you. River. Holtz. Enough said!
Starting The Play next and maybe after that TLoA. Eeekk.
Oh Painted Faces is one of my favorite books ever! So unique! Was actually thinking of re-reading it soon.
Vet tech said no aspirin for cat or dog. She saud no people meds DVM onky
Thank you to whoever it was that recommended Illuminae. I’m loving it so far!
*happy dance* Anna you just made my night. Although it was probably Michelle who recommended it. She might come dance with me. 🙂
Play is good if you haven’t read the others in the series they are all good.
Author is taking Winter Wishes off purchase the 1st i think. Check her FB
I wonder if puppies can have Hyland’s teething tablets? PLEASE don’t anyone take that to mean they should try it without checking with a vet…I’m just curious if it’s possible considering they are homeopathic.
A friend’s daughter ate half a bottle of those teething tablets when she was 3 and was perfectly fine. My friend about had a heart attack though. 😕
Y’all do realize that I’ve been trying to start reading for the past hour right? How do we ever get any reading done around here? I’ve been following multiple blog posts like a chicken with its head cut off. Back and forth and back and forth.
Hehe, I’ve been trying to get back to Wild Reckless for a while now but I love it and get distracted when I catch a bunch of you on here all at the same time. 😉
🙂 🙂 🙂 obviously I do too
Who could possibly be distracted with all this talking? I’ve been reading like crazy, unable to keep up. I read the first Gentry book and it was a sweet book. I bought the set and am now upset with myself because it’s the exact type of book I was in the mood for! Sweet, angsty, huggable end type.
You just now read the first Gentry book? Or you read it way back and forgot you had the others in your tbr?
Read it back when it was released and then, sometime this year, bought the set and forgot I had it.
Oooh, Life of Anna book 2… not getting anything accomplished here. I notice none of you commented on who I liked.. *fantastic eyerolling at myself*
Ah, I see. I thought books 1 & 2 were the best ones of the series. Except I really liked book 4 too. *shrug* They were all pretty good. I finally finished the series a couple of weeks ago.
haaaaaa Grey! I had to bite my fingers. I can’t comment without giving anything away. Except that I’d forgotten Alex and Kurt were introduced as early as book 1.
I still can’t believe you’re not freaking out. Lol I guess I’m a total lightweight. Can’t handle the really angsty reads or these super dark ones. But – I wish I was reading LoA again. Just…something about that series grabbed me and the promise of that 5th book kept me hooked.
Y’all noticed we lost Jean early on too? I hope she’s falling in love with Liam. “sshhh, don’t tell her husband I said that”
Prince Albert was good. The whole stepbrother silliness wasn’t needed, because the story of just the prince romance was enough. The story outside of the whole stepbrother or even prince was enough. It did make me smile, though.
Bwahahaha, Tessa just said Prince Albert!
OMG Grey!!! I was totally not going to comment but I immediately thought of you reading LoA. Bawhahahaha
Grey. Prince Albert had a Prince Albert. Cheesy, but worked. 😛
I should go to bed… *giggle, snort*
I just won a box of books. Won’t know what they are until they come. 😛
Oooh a box of books? holy cow bev, what a prize, I’m super excited for you!!!
Thank you you guys. I’m not sure how many. Its a blog give away and so one of the prizes was pb books. Cause they get so many of them. Won that before from them. Its fun that it is a surprise.
That is super cool Bev
First line Thursday:
“I traveled to the sacred spot for the sacred ceremony in the back of a rusty old pickup truck.” Trapped (Caged book 2) by Shay Savage
This series took a completely unexpected turn!
*shiver* that was a horrible scene. Reminded me of LoA.
First line Thursday (and the bittersweet last day of 2015)
Many of you have posted this first line already. I’m chasing the pack with it. lol
“The eviction notice was hanging on the door when they got back from the hospital.”
The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith
Both of you great first sentences! I started reading another book then gave up. I think I subconsciously remembered today is Thursday and wanted a decent first line. The other one was only “C’monnnnn Tony!”. However, even though it was interesting, I wasn’t in the mood. So I bought the next imp book instead and am now very happy.
First line Thursday:
‘I heaved the decapitated demon head through the gate to Hel and turned to look at the guardian.’
Elven Blood (Imp Series) by Debra Dunbar.
That’s a good one Tessa!
“The caramel aroma that scented the air was thick.” ~ Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott
Owen is killing me. KILLING me. I want to pummel him yet hug him at the same time because I know he’s struggling but still he’s hurting me…er, hurting *Kensi* and I’m peeking through my fingers to read because I KNOW something is coming that is going to make my heart hurt and I want to hurry up and get it over with but I’m not ready for it yet because it has been so incredible up until now and…OMG I LOVE THIS!!!!!! 😀
“Alex sensed Anna the moment he walked into the Great Hall.” Entwined ~ The Life of Anna, Book Two. by Marissa Honeycutt
First line Thursday… so actually I’ve only read the warning and the first couple of pages because yesterday was my middle kiddos birthday and then today being New Years Eve, I’ve had extra kids at my house… and it’s been crazy here. But you know, big party animal that I am… not. I’m planning a nice riotous evening of staying home… with my kindle *cheers to that*
big cheers to that Grey
My Kindle and I have a hot, extraterrestrial date tonight at The Last Hour of Gann
Okay…okay…that wasn’t as bad as I thought it would get.
But I still have about 20% to go so…yeah. A lot can happen in 20%.
*passes out Mimosas to Fabi and Grey* These are socially acceptable early in the day…we’ll say it’s a champagne brunch. 😉 Cheers!!
*keeps an eye out for a certain mimosa snatcher*
Whoa I passed out really early last night and missed a ton of discussion! Ok MichelleS first. Do not feel bad for asking me a vet question especially if the poor baby is hurting. As always I have to say the best thing is to ask your vet who sees the animal regularly (hopefully) since they know your pet. That being said, it is best with teething to let the puppy deal with this naturally or with home fixes that can help them along. Softening food with cold water can help. An old wash cloth dampened with water and a little peanut butter or baby food smeared on it and then frozen in a ziploc bag can be used as a chew for them. It can be messy depending on how much you put on it so put them in the kitchen or bathroom so the floor can be cleaned easily. People who like this, freeze a couple to have extras. Chicken broth flavored ice cubes can be put into a bowl for them to play with and lick. If you’ve been to the vet and the teeth are coming in normally and nothing else is working, you can give a puppy baby aspirin (81 mg tablet) at 5-10 mg/kg body weight or for your puppy 1/4 of a tablet with food once or twice a day. Stop immediately if not eating or any vomiting or diarrhea. The veterinary marketed nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are formulated specifically for dogs so they are safer. With any drug in this class, side effects can occur so trying some home remedies as above would be my first choice. If the pain persists, I would get to the vet to make sure medically the teeth are coming in normally. Sometimes puppies are just really whiny during this process and it’s not outright pain just discomfort like with any baby. Hope that helps!
Maryse put her list up. Isn’t Wild Reckless good? Tons of angst and story. Grey. Good luck with the kidlings. That sounds erm, hectic.
Mimosas! Everyone was enjoying a round of them when I walked in to work this morning. Too funny!
I’m LOVING it, Tessa!!! 😀
Fabi…I want to work with your co-workers, LOL!
Anyone else get the chills (GOOD kind of chills) from seeing Michelle slip into professional mode?
Seriously…that was awesome, Michelle. 😉
*snorts* I do not have a professional mode
*points to post* Professional mode.
*points to Tessa* What she said.
347 books in 2015, I read too much.
Holy crap Tessa. You read fast. I only wish I could get through that many books.
Seriously professional mode… She’s my new girl crush now!!! LOL! Thank you for the advice. Put the flavored ice in a bowl. He loved it. Too chicken to do the frozen rag. I bet he’ll make a mess. Going to avoid the aspirin. He’s so little, and it might not be worth it. He went from sweet puppy breath to weird bloody yuck breath. I’ll keep an eye on him. Ok. So if you ever have a question for a Speech Language Pathologist, I owe you one!!! (Best book buddies ever you all).
MichelleS you’re a SLP? That’s awesome. The thought you were a teacher since you talk about school and its schedule.
Didn’t we used to have another SLP here? One who did traveling work? Maybe that was another blog. Ugh, it sucks getting old and not remembering as well as before.
Haha you guys *blushes* MichelleS, I’m glad one of those ideas helped! If it was my puppy I would try to avoid the baby aspirin as well, like I said there are tricks to be found and they usually bounce back after not too long. The wash cloth idea is messier but some clients swear by it. SLP huhh…I do not really know what that entails *hides* You will have to educate me. I can guess but not sure?
Tessa, well you shamed me this year. 347 books GAH! I only read 238…didn’t even get to 250 which is my average. I need to make a little more ‘me’ time. Thankfully I read fast with my crazy work hours or I would probably barely read 100.
I haven’t counted up how many this year, but I know it was less than 2014! Too busy. Argh.
Fabi – another SLP? really? it was probably me – I may have mentioned it a while back. No teacher, no way, I could never do that. I’d rather work with one or a few kiddos at a time, or teachers, or parents, or admins. I could never wrangle a whole herd of kids!!!
Now I am off to check Maryse’s best of 2015 list. There’s a few I missed.
Big difference is, you have crazy hours. 🙂 238 isn’t exactly bad. I am not caught up on any tv shows I used to watch, including my Dean Winchester fix, Supernatural. (seriously, I watched super CRAPPY episodes just to drool over that man) I also am super behind on most non children movies. So… I read too much.
MichelleS, big grins from me. I had speech therapy all through out school, and have people telling me I have better diction than most people with perfect hearing. It’s all thanks to you guys doing what you do. 🙂