I’m almost done Karina Halle’s latest *surprise* release (The Pact) and I’m enjoying it and can’t wait to finish. I hear there’s a moment of tear-your-heart-out angst and I can’t wait to get to that part!! For anyone that missed that release, I re-posted it below with a a few reader comments in the contemporary romance category.
Now… there ARE some other yummy looking ones on here that are tempting me badly! Like Love Always, Kate (I have a feeling this will be a sob-fest for me!), DEBT (I need to jump back in, ’cause quite a few here are loving it, and well… the darkness factor kind of scared me, but I’m gonna give it another go), and Mugs of Love (’cause he’s been staring at her from across the street for awhile now and loves her even though they haven’t met… WOW!!!) and Now You See Me (she’s recluse and he’s a criminal on the run), Wait for Me (She’s been in love with him and when they finally get together, he enlists, and when he comes back.. he’s engaged to someone else. OUCH!), Hundred To One (ex-con working for a woman rebuilding her life. in her diner, and she’s being harassed… and he wants to protect her). Yep. So many on here that are making me excited and I noted a bunch more below.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Love Always, Kate (Love Always Series Book 1) by D.Nichole King <— sounds heartbreaking! It was brought to my attention because book # 1.5 was just released (see it below) and I had to know more!!! So here is #1, and it is what I consider “bargain priced” and couldn’t help but point it out. She’s dying… thinking of letting go completely (no more fighting it) and… “I think I know what I want. Then, in walks Damian, changing everything. I mean, everything… He’s got his own set of issues. It binds us together, you know? We understand what it’s like to lose what matters most in seconds. Still, the last thing I need is to have someone else to crush if I can’t fight hard enough. And the last thing he needs is someone else to grieve.“
- Last of the Bad Boys by Nora Flite <— Aimee found us this super-bargain!The blurb made me blush! Tee hee!! Here’s a “cleaner” portion of it…”When my phone rang, I didn’t expect her pretty voice to beg me for help. She thought I’d save her and that’d be it. Well. Too bad. I’m hooked on this girl—I want her more than water or air. I wasn’t her first. But I planned to be her last.”
- DEBT by Nina Jones <— Jessica HIGHLY recommends this one. AND I MEAN HIGHLY!!! I started it a week or so ago, and it made my eyes BUG out!!! Eeeeeeep! Darkness. But good, just was a bit dark for me at that time… however:
Jessica: So I have been in a total book slump for months… months!!! Sure I have read MANY books written by extremely talented authors and I have finished them satisfied with the story telling… but once I was finished that was it… not a second thought. Until last night… last night I read one of ‘those’ stories… you know the ones where you finish and your head is a twisted mess… because… because I should HATE him… he is not innocent… he did very bad things… very, very bad things… he was vulgar, rude, crude, criminal, selfish, controlling, infuriating, vengeful, twisted, calculating, DARK… and yet I can’t stop thinking about him… obsessing…dreaming… swooning…this is a problem! DEBT by Nina Jones.
Marsha: Ooohhhh…I am intrigued!
Maryse: YAY!!! I started this one… it was a bit er… EXTRA dark for my mood that week, but maybe I should jump back in.
- Mugs of Love by Norma Jeanne Karlsson <— Amanda recommends this one! “Just finished this one and it so freaking good! One of my favorite writers ever!” Yep! That blurb has me!!! “Every day across the street from his furniture store, Garrett steals moments full of warmth from Emily Garner. As she floats happily through her coffee shop, Emily provides him glimpses into her soul. She’s pure and full of life in a way Garrett’s never experienced. He’s never heard her voice and doesn’t know the color of her eyes. But he knows she lights up like a beacon when she serves coffee to couples on their first dates. Emily can feel the tingles of new love even when she’s not the one experiencing the thrill. And Garrett can feel Emily’s joy from across the street…“
- Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven <— Back on the list because Courtney loves it!! And I hear this was a fanfic, once! She says: “Just finished this book and it was crazy good. Sexy, full of angst and a brooding bad boy. This is one of the best one’s I have read all year and that is saying something considering we only have a few days left This is a definite must read!”
- Hate to Love You by Elise Alden <— Stephanie found us this super-bargain! She asks: “Have you read this book? The blurb makes me go Eeek” Why YES!! Yes I have read it, Stephanie and it’s goooood!!!!! Here’s my review.
- Broken Dolls by Kitty Thomas <— And Janet enjoyed this recently released dark read from one of my FAV dark-read authors: “Broken Dolls was really good. Kind of quick read and stand alone.”
- Free Me (The Found Duet Book 1) by Laurelin Paige <— And here’s Marsha’s recommendation: “Last week I recommended the Fixed Trilogy by Laurelin Paige (which was Awesome!!)….well she also has a spinoff of that series with “Free Me”….oh my word I am over half way through and it is AMAZING!! A definite must read!”
- Forever His Baby by Morgana Phoenix & Airicka Phoenix <— Bargain priced! “Two brothers. One impossible choice” Hmmm this one sounds pretty intense! New release, lots of great reviews already!! Jessica says: “It’s angsty but sweet.” and Brenda agrees: “Just finished… I loved it!”
- Tattooed Dots (The Halo Series Book 1) by Kimberly Knight <— Aimee found us this bargain priced one and it’s got TONS of great reviews. Synopsis has me for sure! Single father and an overwhelmed woman meet on a singles cruise (although SHE doesn’t know it’s a single cruise…)
- Beauty in the Ashes (Beautifully Broken Book 1) by Micalea Smeltzer <— And Aimee found us this one too! He’s angry… (tragic past) but… “When Sutton Hale moves into the apartment across the hall from Caelan she’s not prepared for her reaction to him. Something in his broken blue eyes calls to her—after all she’s always had an irrational need to fix everything. But Caelan doesn’t do relationships or feelings. He does drugs and alcohol.“
- Ace’s Redemption (Devil’s Despair Book 1) by A.C. Bextor <— BIKER ALERT!!! Another “Aimee bargain find” and it has a TON of great reviews. Mostly all 5 stars! “Although I knew I wasn’t enough to keep him, this didn’t deter my hope that one day he’d love me for who I was, not the broken girl he tried so desperately to save.“
- Merrick’s Maiden: Cosmos’ Gateway Book 5 by S. E. Smith
- Blood Assassin (The Sentinels Series Book 2) by Alexandra Ivy
- Hot Blooded (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- A Promised Fate (The Beautiful Fate Series Book 3) by Cat Mann
- Star Crossed (The Sedona Files Book 4) by Christine Pope
- Hot Blooded: Part 4 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Dark Pursuit (Soul Storm Book 2) by Ann Gimpel
- The Demon Way (Blood Moon Book 2) by Madelynne Ellis
- Storm Clouds (Dragon’s Fate) by Lacy Danes
- The Risen King by Samantha Warren
- Chained (Forbidden Sacrifice Saga Book 3) by Chloe Ashton
- The Need by Andrew Neiderman <— “A member of the secret Androgyne race, Clea is blessed with the gift of flawless beauty and the ability to change gender at will. In the male state, she feeds on mortals and steals their life force through erotic seduction. Desperate to keep Richard from killing more innocents, she must fight her own dual nature…“
- King (Chrysalis And Kings Book 3) by Ashlyn Forge
- Shoot for the Moon (Black River Pack Book 2) by Rochelle Paige <— sounds romantically angsty!! “Spencer Tate is her mate, but her visions have told her that he will renounce her. When he doesn’t recognize her as his mate, she agrees to the no-strings-attached affair he offers because she thinks it’s the most she can hope for. Although her heart breaks as she falls deeper in love with him, she wants to spend as many days with Spencer as possible before he kicks her out of his life.“
- After We Fell (The After Series Book 3) by Anna Todd <— 848 pages!!! HOLY MOLY! This is that “fanfic” I was telling you guys about a few days ago that just recently got picked up by a big publisher (the famous band and the girl falls for the singer…). Here is the series reading order!
- The Pact by Karina Halle <— I’m almost finished this one and it’s good!! And Amber is loving it! “OMG! I am at 78% I think my heart is going to burst from my chest. Cannot put this book down!” and Kat loved it: “This is the perfect fluffy novel. Linden is another dirty talking sexy male to add to Karina hot men.”
- Dangerous Alliance (Pure Sin Book 2) by Kyra Davis
- Jaden (Jaded Series Book 3) by Tijan <— This one completes the trilogy!
- Wild and Free (The Three Series Book 3) by Kristen Ashley <— the last book in her paranormal trilogy!!
- Served Hot (Best Revenge Book 2) by Marie Harte
- Seize (Delirious book 2) by Clarissa Wild <— This one sounds dark! But I think you have to read #1 first… (not standalone).
- Hidden Agenda (Southern Crimes Book #3): A Novel by Lisa Harris
- A Necessary Sin: The Sin Trilogy: Book I by Georgia Cate <— Look guys She’s starting a new trilogy and I know how popular she is with our reading crew!!! Oh wow! From the blurb, I’m gathering that she’s hellbent on revenge and as a special agent has plans for the gang that destroyed her past… but you know there’s that monkey wrench in the form of a heart-stealer… “…walking hand in hand with retribution means risking collateral damage, in the form of Breckenridge’s son Sinclair–until Sin becomes so much more than Bleu bargained for. She’s always known this undertaking would place her life in danger–she never imagined her heart would be as well.“
- Now You See Me: A Novel by Lesley Glaister <— Intriguing synopsis! She’s sort of a recluse, cleaning houses and staying clear of attachments, and he’s in hiding! “A fugitive on the run for committing a violent crime, he’s accompanied by Gordon and Norma, two mutts who love him unconditionally. Doggo needs Lamb’s help to stay off the radar. He also needs her in other ways—even after he learns the terrible secret she’s been lugging around like a second skin…”
- Limestone and Clay: A Novel by Lesley Glaister <— “Nadia is a sculptor driven by a single obsession: to conceive a child. Her husband, Simon, a geography professor, is on a quest to uncover new worlds beneath the earth’s surface. Each consumed by private passions, the two live a blinkered coexistence, unable to see the bigger picture until it’s too late.”
- Finding Gavin (Southern Boys Book 2) by C.A. Harms
- Reining Men (The Boot Knockers Ranch Book 3) by Em Petrova
- Rumors by A.C. Arthur
- Curves on the Range: A Big Girls & Bad Boys Erotic Romance by D.H. Cameron
- Angel in Armani (New York Saints Book 2) by Melanie Scott
- Caught Inside by S. Briones Lim
- After Us (The Before and After Series) by Amber Hart <— Sounds “new adult”. Two very troubled souls (one suffering the loss of her best friend and one suffering the loss of his cousin, joins a gang and is hell-bent on revenge).
- The Lost Art of Falling in Love by Kate Donovan <— “how to” videos (this one is how to tie a bowtie), and her co-star and her are into each other… but “…he is alarmed by the profusion of online perverts responding to Gracie’s beauty, and she balks as his protective instincts take over.”
- The Best She Ever Had (A Gibbons Gold Digger Novel) by Shelly Ellis
- Second Chances: The Lust List: Devon Stone by Mira Bailee
- Caged Sanctuary by Tempeste O’Riley <— M/M ROMANCE and it sounds so good! “Deacon James is an architect and a demanding Dom, but he has spent the past couple of years without a sub or partner. When an employee invites him to a dinner party to meet his girlfriend, Deacon smells a setup but agrees anyway. He prides himself on being an excellent judge of character, and when he meets the younger dentist, he sees past the chair and finds a sweet submissive man who more than piques his interest.“
- Love Lonely (A Love Lonely Novel Book 1) by William C. Cole
- You’re So Fine by Kieran Kramer <— MOVIE STAR ALERT!! Single mother to her adopted son… “Lacey is the adopted single mother of his son. She takes little Henry with her to South Carolina to escape the film business but winds up working at a small movie studio, determined to do a good job both on set and at “home.” Only problem is she ends up sharing a house with movie star Beau Wilder, who is no role model for Henry—and only spells trouble for Lacey…”
- Private Lessons by Chelsea Dorsette
- High Altitude by Carol Kelly <— undercover and in danger!
- Hush by Karen Robards <— ROMANTIC SUSPENSE! “Enter Finn Bradley, an FBI agent with a dangerous secret. He’s after the money too, and Riley quickly becomes his chief suspect. But when someone tries to kill her, he has no choice but to protect her until he can uncover the truth. The question becomes, can they discover the killer’s identity in time, before he resurfaces—and strikes again?“
- Eight Days: A Love Always Novella: 1.5 (Love Always Series) by D. Nichole King
- I’m Doin’ Me by Anna Black
- Never Giving Up (The Never Series Book 3) by Anie Michaels
- Wild Bride (The West Series Book 7) by Jill Sanders
- One to Leave (One to Hold Book 5) by Tia Louise <— COWBOY ALERT and even though it’s #5 in the series, the author indicates it’s a standalone.
- Mending Scars (Others of Edenton Book 5) by Brandy L Rivers
- Wait for Me by Shannon Alexander <— she’s been in love with her brother’s best friend forever, and when he finally returns the sentiment, things are great! But… “then Tyler goes off to join the military and is deployed shortly after. He only asks Alyssa for one thing when he goes ‘Wait for Me.’ But Alyssa is left alone with her love for Tyler, broken promises, and a secret she has tried to share with Tyler, but one he has never acknowledged, leaving Alyssa to deal with everything with just her family by her side, but not the one person she really needs. The love of her life. Two years later, Tyler returns to see Alyssa graduate, and he brings along his fiancé. Crushing Alyssa to pieces.” <— What what whaaaaaaat!!!??? OH NO!!
- Best Man for Hire (Entangled Lovestruck) (Front and Center) by Tawna Fenske <— MARINE ALERT!!!
- How Sweet It Is by Kelly Jamieson
- No Ordinary Love by Kenya Wright
- Hundred To One (Cedar Tree Book 2) by Freya Barker <— Oh I like the sound of this one!! She’s starting her life again, owns a diner and has hired him as her cook… and then she is attacked and harassed… and he’s wanting to protect her… “An ex-con with secrets of his own, Seb walks a fine line. Since he began working at the diner, he’s developed feelings for his fierce, stubborn boss, and the need to keep his distance from her, to protect her, is a daily struggle. When it appears that Arlene’s past has come back, rearing its ugly head while her defenses are low, Seb steps up and claims responsibility for Arlene, praying that he can keep her safe from whatever is coming her way.”
- FOURTH & ONE by Janelle Taylor <— FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!!
- Love Takes Your Breath Away (Truth About Love Book 1) by Caleigh Hernandez
- Playing With the Drummer (Entangled Indulgence) (Head Over Heels) by Robin Covington <— lots of good reviews already on this one… ROCK STAR ALERT!!
- Riskier Business (Entangled Select) (Crossing the Line) by Tessa Bailey – expected release date January 5th 2014
- Falling Away (Falling Into You Book 4) by Jasinda Wilder – expected release date January 6th 2015
- Falling Away: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas – expected release date January 6th 2015
- Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles Book 3) by Kresley Cole – expected release date January 6th 2015
- Last Call by Alice Clayton <— expected release date January 6th 2015
- Never Never by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher – expected release date January 11th 2015 <— *tentative release date – some changes*
- Dirty Ties by Pam Godwin – expected release date January 12th 2015
- Filthy Beautiful Forever (Filthy Beautiful Lies Book 4) by Kendall Ryan – expected release date January 12th 2015
- Uncover Me (Men of Inked Book 4) by Chelle Bliss – expected release date January 13th 2015
- Raveling You (Unraveling You, #2) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date January 13th 2015
- Beyond the Consequences: Book 5 of the Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig – expected release date January 15th 2015
- Burned: Fever Series Book 7 by Karen Marie Moning – expected release date January 20th 2015
- A Shade of Vampire 9 by Bella Forrest <— expected release date January 26th 2015