Like: Volition (<— this just might be my next read… sounds emotionally intense and darkish), The Professional (mob boss/fighter and also from the bargain list), and To the Max (she’s 30-something, pregnant by a gigolo – whoops!! And moves in with a pro-stuntman to house sit…) and Blue Persuasion (from the blurb, it almost sounds like it might have the KA-feel) and Riot (rock star that she’s trying to get to love her, and she makes a disastrous mistake…) YAY!!!
Also! KINDLE E-READER SALE! <— HOLY MOLY!!! Amazon is having a Valentines Day sale on all of their Kindle e-readers!! SUPER-SALE prices like the ones they had for Black Friday!!!
BUT!!!! I must bring attention once again to THIS latest 5-star read that ruled my day and night! —> My latest favorite is that new release to the right (5 stars for me!!! my review) and as our fellow readers are checking in, they are loving it too! LIKE CRAZY:
Brenda: Maryse I just finished Tight & absolutely loved it.
Maryse: Did you guess right, Brenda? What’s fun about this, is even if you do clue in early… there’s still that other reveal/surprise!
Brenda: Maryse, I had my doubts about Bret, but yeah I did guess right. I loved the twist, suspense & of course the love.
Summer: For the record I guessed wrong. I thought I was so smart and had it all figured out. Nope 😛
Heather: I just finished this afternoon & I had no idea until it slapped me in the face! I literally said out loud, w t f?
Maryse: LOVE when that happens! TWICE!
Shelly: I kind of had a feeling the whole book about one part. Then about halfway through, I changed my mind and had it right. But that at the end…NEVER saw it coming! I just love, love, love Alessandra Torre!!!
Chrissy: Lol I thought I had it figured out but I was wrong. I just finished reading it. Heading to bed now. *sigh*
Annie: loved it, a must read!
StacyL: I absolutely LOVED this book!!!!! So amazing.
Kim: My jaw is still sore from hitting the floor!?!
Maryse: LOL Kim!!?? I KNOW! I NEVER saw that part coming… brilliant!
Kim: I am rarely if ever shocked while reading. WHOA!?! Gotta give this one a 5 too!!
LOL!!! You guys gotta DO IT!!! SO SO SO worth it, AND it’s bargain priced!! And she’s a tried and true author. She’s already made my best of 2013 list AND my best of 2014 list AND ALREADY I know she’s made my best of 2015 list! ROCKS MY WORLD!
Oh!! And for those that love soundtracks, look what was just released today:
- Fifty Shades Of Grey (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) <— The soundtrack is now LIVE on Amazon! —–>
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Volition by Lily Paradis <— sounds emotionally punishing!!! “Everything lines up so perfectly that you couldn’t have imagined it to work out any better, but then you have to go and do everything humanly possible to ruin it because you can’t stand to have it go right? That’s what I did. I did it because there’s a darkness that surrounds me, and I think I want it there.” Bargain priced, too!! I WANT IT! And Melannie just posted: “Reading “Volition” and OMG LOVING IT. I love everything about it. The last time I felt this way about a book was when I read “The Opportunist” the main character reminds me of Olivia. It’s that good! I’m 57% in! I seriously think you would enjoy this book! It hurts. But it hurts SO good!” <— YAY ME!!!! 😀
- My Heart to Fear by Lulu Astor <— Highly recommended by one of our fav authors, Aleatha Romig! “Ali instead finds herself in true and profound darkness when she falls under the sway of Eric Damien, a wealthy and powerful businessman whose sterling reputation hides the dark side of the man.” (bargain priced!!)
- But Now I See by Lulu Astor <— and here is book #2 (and it’s complete!)
- Battered Hearts Boxed Set by Kele Moon <— I LOVE this MMA FIGHTER series. BIG TIME! Book #1 rocked my world, and #3 I loved even better (#2 was great, too). LOL!!
- Fear Me (Broken Love Book 1) by B.B. reid <—- Yessss!!! I remember this one’s blur and put it on my TBR list!! And Tessa loved it! She says: “I just finished Fear Me by BB Reid. Omg, good. Scary, freaky, and just good. It’s 99¢, not sure if that’s a deal or regular, but it was gut clenchy. I’m done and still not sure if Keiran is redeemable or not. Soooo good. It does have a CH, but boy… Still loved it.“
- Smoldered (Electric Tunnel Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld <— Michelle found us this one on bargain-sale saying: “I loved Electrified so can’t wait to get to the second book”
- Electrified (Electric Tunnel Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— And here’s book #1!! “Sienna captivates crowds nightly at the Electric Tunnel, leaving them wanting to know more about the sensual enigma. But no one ever sees beyond the heavily guarded stripper onstage. She is Sienna Flower 24/7. No one other than her closest friend and boss, Asher Peterson, who helped turn a young and frightened girl into who Sienna is today…“
- The Professional (The Game Maker Series Book 1) by Kresley Cole <— ON SALE!!!! MichelleM loves it! “Maryse, you have to read this one! It’s so good! Sevastyan is super-alpha uber-sexy enforcer-dangerous and totally knows how to work every bit of the Dom tendencies he has, but he also has this more vulnerable side that comes out in the way he can’t resist his draw to Natalie or inthe reason he’s so loyal to his Russian mafia boss. This book is just the beginning of the story and it’s a quick read, but you really get sucked in quickly.” and Lori agrees! “Ex bare knuckle fighter, mafia enforcer and into kink, what’s not to love?” and Kathy loves it too, saying: “I just finished it and read it in one day. The second book in the series is out next week.”
- A Necessary Sin: The Sin Trilogy: Book I by Georgia Cates <— SUPER-BARGAIN sale price ’cause book #2 was just released!! <— She wants revenge!! “But walking hand in hand with retribution means risking collateral damage, in the form of Breckenridge’s son Sinclair—until Sin becomes so much more than Bleu bargained for.“
- BURNT (The Wild Flames Series Book 1) by Bella Love-Wins <— Jennifer recommends this author! “check out this newer author who is coming up in the ranks. I really enjoy her dirty books.”
- KINDLE E-READER SALE! <— Paperwhites are back on sale, along with all of their models. YAY!
- The Ruby Circle: A Bloodlines Novel by Richelle Mead <— (the conclusion to the series – here’s the Bloodlines Series Reading Order)
- Libra Rising (The Zodiac Series Book 1) by Heather Calaway
- Voodoo Moon: A Moon Sisters Novel (Paranorm World Series Book 1) by June Stevens
- The Bionics (The Bionics Novels Book 1) by Alicia Michaels <— “Hoping to put her life back together after the blasts take both her arm and her eye, Blythe enrolls in the program filled with hope. She never expects that the bionic additions will change her life so drastically. When it is discovered that those outfitted with the robotic parts have become enhanced beyond the limits of ordinary human ability, normal can never exist for her again.”
- The Spinner: The Threads of Destiny by Kimberlie L. Faye
- Unremembered Things: Book #1 in the Wood Nymph Chronicles by Rachel Tsoumbakos
- Deadly Spells (Prospero’s War Book 3) by Jaye Wells
- SHIFT by Karina Espinosa <— “It’s hard enough being an undergraduate student, an intern at Downtown Manhattan’s police station, and a bouncer at a local bar. Add her now ex-boyfriend who recently dumped her for the school’s resident bimbo—oh, and she’s a werewolf.
Mackenzie Grey meets her match when she is kidnapped by the Brooklyn Pack and tossed between Sebastian and Jonah—the Alpha and the Beta.”
- Riot by Jamie Shaw <— ROCK STAR BOOK! He’s a guitarist and… “…she’s desperate to make Joel want her more than anyone else. He quickly becomes an obsession, and when a reckless attempt to make him jealous ends in disaster…“
- Rebound: A Boomerang Novel by Noelle August
- Below the Belt: A Worth the Fight Novel (Worth the Fight series Book 3) by Sidney Halston <— MMA FIGHTER and OMG WHAT A COVER!!!!!!!! Best one yet!!! *whooooooo!!*
- The Next Sin: The Sin Trilogy: Book II by Georgia Cates
- The Gilded Cuff (Surrender) by Lauren Smith
- Dark Needs by T.M. Frazier <— COMPANION NOVELLA TO The Dark Light of Day (<— my review)
- Tight by Alessandra Torre <— I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! MUST READ my friends. MUST! It fits this category, but it also fits the psych-thriller categoy, but I’m going to leave it here for now. This one is AWESOME! (Here’s my review) and Amy agrees: “I was right in what I thought was going on at about the halfway mark, even though I was so hoping I was wrong. Then, when it was confirmed, it was one gut punch after another. And another. Bam, bam, BAM!! And then a heartbreaking final whollop. I loved Brett. I loved Riley (not often that I actually love the h as much as the H). I loved this book.“
- Closer and Closer by Jenna Barton <— “Dominance and submission. The delicate balance between hurts so good and too hot to handle. They’re not just kinky trends for the members of The Enclave, a tight-knit group gathering in a Gilded Age mansion secluded in the North Carolina mountains.“
- The Wedding Band: A Save the Date Novel by Cara Connelly
- More: An All or Nothing Novel (An All or Nothing Series Book 2) by Lea Griffith
- The Abbi Glines, Colleen Hoover, and Jamie McGuire Official Fan Book by Abbi Glines & Colleen Hoover & Jamie McGuire – expected release date: February 10th 2015 <— “For those who have read and loved our novels, we offer you a glimpse into our lives and careers—both then and now—with photos and videos and a behind-the-scenes look at our 2014 Fall in Love tour. And you’ll also get a sneak peek at what’s coming up from us next.“
- Rebel: A Blood & Roses Novel by Callie Hart
- ONE NIGHT: UNVEILED (The One Night Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— CONCLUSION to the trilogy! (Here’s The One Night Trilogy Reading Order)
- The Redemption (The Club Trilogy Book 3) by Lauren Rowe <— CONCLUSION to the trilogy!!
- Crown Me (Royals Saga Book 3) by Geneva Lee
- All That Matters (The Billionaire Bargains Book 3) by Erin Nicholas
- The Bold and the Dominant (Doms of Her Life Book 3) by Shayla Black, Jenna Jacob, Isabella LaPearl
- Love That Defies Us (The Devil’s Dust) by M.N. Forgy <— BIKER BOOK (short)
- To the Max by Elle Aycart <— Sounds like fun!!! “Forensic accountant Annie Griffin has always suspected she’s a bit jinxed, so when she finds herself 35, single, temporarily homeless, and pregnant by a gigolo, her fears are confirmed. Adrenaline junkie and professional stuntman Max Bowen needs a house-sitter to watch after his pets while he’s out of town. Annie needs a place to stay…“
- The Lost Chalice (The Relic Seekers Book 3) by Anita Clenney
- Barbecue and Bad News (An Adams Grove Novel Book 6) by Nancy Naigle
- Jake (Inked Brothers: Jake Book 1) by Hilary Storm & Jacob Wilson <— WHOA! WAIT! TWO MORE twin brothers named Jake and Jax?!! Er… okay… 😉 well I guess we can’t ever have too many sexy twin brothers. LOL!
- Bound By Duty (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles Book 2) by Cora Reilly <— MAFIA BOOK!
- Where the Road Takes Me by Jay McLean
- The Truth as He Knows It (Perspectives Book 1) by A.M. Arthur <— M/M ROMANCE! A cop and a male stripper….
- The Color of Joy (The Color of Heaven Series Book 8) by Julianne MacLean
- Adam: A Torn Series Novella by K.A. Robinson
- Here’s to Tomorrow by Teagan Hunter <— “Rae Kamden has no idea what she wants to do in life. She thinks leaving her small town is the way to go, but after running into car trouble (and the sexiest man she’s ever seen), she begins rethinking everything she thought she wanted out of life.“
- Disturbed Beauty by Ashley Beale
- FireNine Valentine: A Short Story by Shanora Williams
- Following Fabian (Shrew & Company Book 4) by Holley Trent
- Devouring the SECRET (Corrigan & Co. Book 2) by Crystal Perkins
- Love Don’t Live Here by Charmanie Saquea
- Matched by Angela Graham & S.E. Hall <— REALITY SHOW ALERT! Toski loved this one! “I read an ARC of this book and it was SOOOOOO good. Unlike anything I”ve ever read. It’s a reality show and sucks you right in!!! ABSOLUTELY LOVED… You HAVE to meet Cruz- he’s one of “those” book boyfriends! Just went live today!”
- Satisfy Me-A Ravage MC Valentine Collection by Ryan Michele <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!
- Island Heritage (An Isle of Man Romance Book 3) by Diana Xarissa
- The of Love Series: 2 book series by Alice Montalvo-Tribue <— “Two couples who’s lives are intertwined. Two couples who find each other despite the obstacles that face them. Will love be enough to keep them together or will the secrets and lies that surround them tear them apart?“
- Shameless (Black Brothers Trilogy Book 3) by Brynley Bush ***Shameless can be read as a stand alone novel, although each book in the series interconnects.***
- The Secret Life of Wishful Thinking by Lindy DeKoven
- Under Her Clothes by Louisa Edwards
- The Illest Na Na: Complete Season One by Tamika Newhouse, Anna Black
- Covering Home by Heidi McCahan
- Blue Persuasion (Bound by Your Love Series Book 3) by Blakely Bennett <— Hrmmm… I like the sound of this one! Sounds like it might have that KA-feel… “Bond, her best friend and lover, helps Blue stay sane and sexually satisfied, but she knows her place. Their secret relationship leaves Blue hungry to have a man she can call her own. When she finally succumbs to Cat’s artful needle for her first tattoo, she crosses paths with Tate. The towering, tattooed, motorcycle riding, American Indian fires off all her warnings signs, but she finds herself drawn to him against her own self-preservation.”
- Hooked by Allen Wolf <— This one sounds funny and sweet!! “Desperate to find a soulmate in New York City, Shawn experiences one awkward date after another until he encounters the alluring Violet. He asks her out, but his autism prevents him from understanding she’s actually a prostitute.“
- Blazing Love: A Love Under Fire Novel by Chantel Rhondeau
- Forgotten Reins (Silver Wind Trilogy Book 1) by Susan Lower
- Racing Hearts: Book One by Laura Lascarso
- Katarina: Out of Control (A Dark Love Novel Book 3) by Morgan Malone <— “At almost 40, she has a brilliant career, an expensive loft, and a beloved husband—who was stolen from her by the Iraqi War. Alone for almost ten years, Kat has controlled everything affecting her career as a partner in a top law firm, her family and her heart, so nothing bad can happen to her again…“
- Cream: An Erotic Romance by Lana Fox
- At His Service: Part 2 by Suzanne Rock
- Collar Me in Paris by Sidney Bristol <— **This title was previously published by Ellora’s Cave**
- Wanderlust by Thea Dawson
- Finding You (Finding You Series Book 1) by Amanda Mackey <— abused woman escapes “After surviving a beating that puts her in hospital she is determined to get her life together and move forward. While on a month’s holiday to celebrate a new chapter in her life, the last thing Dakota expects is to fall in love with handsome movie actor, Kyle Rutherford…“
- Divided Souls (Captured Miracle Book 3) by <— Ohhh! Sounds like a DARK-READ series!!!!! I shouldn’t have read the blurb, but I did, and now I’m intrigued!
- Enemy Lovers (Clare Chronicles) by Shelley Munro <— Opposing families “Laura Drummond has fought long and hard to grip independence by the throat and avoid her mother’s bulldozing attempts to control her life. She’s always admired Dallas from afar, and she’s pleased to discover that up close, he’s gorgeous, sexy, and nothing like the monster her family has painted. When the road home is blocked, she’s forced to accept his offer of a bed for the night.“
- The Anti-model Agency by Nicky Schmidt <— AN EX MODEL! “The moment Dizzy Kane is catapulted from her council estate to the catwalk, she promises herself there is no going back. However, when fate and the urge to feast on fries and booze step in, Dizzy is fired for failing to maintain her size zero figure, losing her agency and rockstar boyfriend along the way.”
- Obsession in Death by J.D. Robb <— a new one from her HUGELY popular “In Death” series!!! (Here’s the In Death Series Reading Order)
- Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2) by Kendra Elliot
- The First Wife by Erica Spindler <— “…when Logan brings her home to his horse farm in Louisiana, a magnificent estate on ninety wooded acres, her dreams of happily-ever-after begin to unravel. A tragic family history she knew nothing about surfaces, plus whisperings about the disappearance of his first wife, True, and rumors about the women from the area who have gone missing—and when another woman disappears, all signs point to her husband’s involvement…“
- Dual: A Love Story by James Priest, Christopher J. Priest
ANTHOLOGIES (tons of books all in one, at bargain prices!):
- Be Mine: Ten Erotic Romances for Valentine’s Day by Shoshanna Evers, Geri Foster, Cathryn Fox, A.C. James, Nina Lane, Caridad Pineiro, Jan Springer, Denise A. Agnew, Monique DuBois, Krystal Shannan
- Elite Metal: Eight-Novel Cohesive Military Romance Boxed Set (Elite Warriors Book 1) by Roxie Rivera, Sabrina York, Jennifer Kacey, Anna Alexander, Heather Long, Rebecca Royce, Saranna DeWylde
- Hearts and Kisses: 12 Contemporary Valentine Novels and Novellas Boxed Set by Sophia Knightly, Ginny Baird, Mimi Barbour, Mel Curtis, Donna Fasano, Mona Risk, Helen Scott Taylor, Ari Thatcher, Patrice Wilton, Traci Hall, Anna J Stewart, Jackie Weger
- Shades of Kink: From Alphas to Masters by Pamela Ann, Ella Dominguez, Nelle L’Amour, S.E. Lund, CD Reiss, Arianne Richmonde, Talyn Scott, Gina Whitney
- Losing It: A Collection of VCards by Nikki Jefford, Heather Hildenbrand, Bethany Lopez, Kristina Circelli, S.M. Boyce, K.A. Last, Julia Crane, Tish Thawer, Ednah Walters, Melissa Haag, Tamara Rose Blodgett, Stacey Wallace Benefiel, Helen Boswell, Alexia Purdy, Julie Prestsater, S.T. Bende, Misty Provencher, Ginger Scott, A.O. Peart, Amy Miles, Milda Harris, M.R. Polish
- EROS – Indie Erotica Author Challenge 2015 by Don Abdul, Melissa Bell, Jami Brumfield, Riley Bryant, R.J. Cree, Max Cummings, Al Daltrey, Lynessa James, P.T. Macias, J.M. Nash, Amy Rachiele, Salice Rodgers
- Sexy Just Got Rich: Brit Babes Do Billionaires by Lucy Felthouse, Lexie Bay, Victoria Blisse, Natalie Dae, Harlem Dae, K D Grace, Lily Harlem, Kay Jaybee, Tabitha Rayne
- Dangerous Passion (Wyatt Brothers Book 2) by Bonnie Dee — expected release date February 11th 2015
- Obligation: Obligation ((Underground Kings Series) Book 2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds – expected release date: February 11th 2015
- Overcome by Lora Leigh <— expected release date February 15th 2015
- The Return: A Titan Novel by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release date February 16th 2015
- Sinister Desires by CJ Roberts, Pam Godwin, Ker Dukey, Kimber S. Dawn, Francette Phal, D H Sidebottom, Lily White, M.S. Willis, Jaden Wilkes <— “Indulge your SINISTER DESIRES with these ten delectable tales of forbidden fancy from previously banned authors.” expected release date February 17th 2015
- Bear Attraction: A Shifters Unbound Novella by Jennifer Ashley <— expected release date February 17th 2015
- Lucky Break (Chicagoland Vampires Series) by Chloe Neill
- A Shade of Vampire 10: A Spell of Time by Bella Forrest – expected release date February 23rd 2015 (Here’s the series reading order)
- All Played Out (Rusk University) by Cora Carmack <— expected release date February 24th 2015
- Thoughtful by S.C. Stephens <— expected release date February 24th 2015
- Slow Burn: A Driven Novel by K. Bromberg – expected release date February 24th 2015
- Fire Down Below (Gynazule Book 1) by Debra Anastasia <— OMG I can’t wait for this! LOL!! I love this author! – expected release date February 28th 2015
- Falling For My Best Friend’s Brother by J.S. Cooper – expected release date February 28th 2015
- Make Me: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – expected release date September 8th 2015