BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! WEDNESDAY SURPRISES!! We just had a few more go live from authors that we love!! So here’s a quickie “update” 😀
- The Lie by Karina Halle <— PRE-ORDER IS UP and it’s releasing in just 5 days! AND THAT BLURB. OMG THAT BLURB!!
“Natasha Trudeau once loved a man so much she thought she’d die without him. But their love was wrong, doomed from the start, and when their world crashed around them, Natasha was nearly buried in the rubble. It took years of moving on to forget him, and now that she’s in London, she’s ready to start again.
Until she sees him.
Because some loves are too dangerous to ever indulge.
And some loves are far too powerful to ignore.
Their love just might be the life and the death of them.”
- Shifting Gears (Crossroads Series Book 2) by Riley Hart <— M/M ROMANCE JUST RELEASED!!
- Jockblocked: A Novel (Gridiron Book 2) by Jen Frederick <— SPORTS STAR JUST RELEASED!!
- Love Rekindled (Love Surfaced) by Michelle Lynn <— SPORTS STAR JUST RELEASED!!
- As it Seems by Jayne Conway <— JUST RELEASED AND BLURB MADE ME GO… WHOA! It’s kind of expensive so I sent myself a sample, because I just have to taste-test this one. They have been happily married for years and have everything they’ve ever wanted…”After all these years, they are passionately in love, two of the lucky few – or so Libby believes – until one snowy evening, the unthinkable happens. And she learns… nothing is as it seems.”
- Corrupt by Penelope Douglas <— DARK READ CRAZINESS ALERT! This one just went on super-bargain sale!
Okay the list is just mind-blowing today. I’m a book-highlighting fiend right now. One book after the next, and I’m squirreling in blurb-delight so hard right now that I’m getting whiplash. LOL!!!
In fact, the paranormal/sci-fi/fantasy section has THREE heavy hitters that have me wiggling. Like… Glass Sword (well really, I just need to read the whole series… I gotta try this Fantasy thrill), and Morning Star (trilogy that I need to devour and this is the heavy-hitter of the day it seems ’cause it’s burning up the entire Amazon charts right now) and MACK (a bad-boy paranormal, and this series is thrilling many!) and A Small Indiscretion (I love psych-thrillers, and a photo from her young past comes back to haunt her current married life. Yikes!). Legend (bad boy fighter? By Katy Evans? WANT. IT!! + Remy…. 😉 ) and Some Sort of Love (single dad sexiness!) and The End of the World (this one sounds like an Amy & Maryse kind of deep-angst tragic torment book)….
That said… I’ve got my current read already well under way!!!! 😀 *happy wiggle* ➜ How to Save a Life by Emma Scott IS LIVE!! EMMA. SCOTT my friends!!! <— This is the one I’m reading right now and I AM LOVING IT! Emma Scott’s writing is TOP NOTCH, right off the bat (remember how much we loved “Rush“??!),
DG: …After inhaling Rush and the novella (which were AWESOME!), I devoured the rest of Emma Scott’s books on Amazon. Love, love, loved that each book was very different than the other – no similarities here!
…and this one is giving me butterflies!!
Okay so… he’s the social outcast in school (even if he’s hot… everything thinks he’s a freak – something he did once that was WAY weird) and she (the new girl) is very attracted to him. She can literally FEEL him (you’ll see), even if he’s not looking at her.
It’s so intriguing because it’s totally new adult contemporary but has that Twilight-y paranormal feel, ya know? I dunno… I’m only in the first quarter so far, so it’s hard to explain, but I had to put it down so I could make us a new release list, and I had a hard time doing so… It’s GOOD. I can’t wait to get back to it and see where’s going!!
Cheryl: Maryse, I was most curious about that book, especially since I saw Suanne Laquer’s name attached to it to. Thanks for helping me to decide which new release to read next.
Lisa: Looking forward to your review Maryse. I’ve loved all of her books and I agree, her writing is superb. …Maryse, did you notice who the editor is on the upcoming book How To Save a Life by Emma Scott is? Yep, Suanne Laqueur!! Author of Rush and author of The Man I Love together- that should be a great read!!
Theresa: I love my Emma Scott.
Ashley: So excited when it popped up on my kindle last night! Can’t wait to start it 🙂
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Broken Promises: Trystan Scott Novel by H.M. Ward
- Legend: The REAL series, Book 6 by Katy Evans
- Fashionably Dead by Robyn Peterman
- The Hurricane by R. J. Prescott
- Truce: The Historic Neighbor from Hell by R.L. Mathewson
- Perfectly Imperfect by Harper Sloan
- Sacked: Gridiron Series #1 by Jen Frederick
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Wild Dirty Secret: A Bad Boy Romance Boxed Set by Skye Warren <— SERIES BUNDLE at a bargain price!
- A Small Indiscretion: A Novel <— PYSCH THRILLER right up my alley and on sale!! Once a “bad girl” now a happy wife with children… until a photo comes back to haunt her… “Past and present collide, Annie’s marriage falters, and her son takes a car ride that ends with his life hanging in the balance. Now Annie must confront her own transgressions and fight for her family by untangling the mysteries of the turbulent winter that drew an invisible map of her future.“
- Eat Cake: A Novel by Jeanne Ray <— Suanne Laqueur recommends this!! This one was recommended to me by one of my favorite authors! And I’m sure you guys, too!! 😀 She says: “I’d love for you to read this. It’s quick, light, fun and totally delicious. It’s not a romance. But it has cake. A LOT of cake.”
- Wicked Sexy Liar (Wild Seasons Book 4) by Christina Lauren <— Lisa loved this recent release! “Just finished Wicked Sexy Liar and loved it. Just what the Dr ordered ..no angst or heart ache or frustrating missed communications. But these girls are so talented at creating believable H/hs who stay true to character (no wall flowers or wilting doormats here). And what a joy that is to really have the players all so well fleshed out and defined that you never have those WTF moments and out of character moments. Even the cameos of past book H/hs are still true to form…just how you remembered them. I’m not always a massive fan of dual POV but it works here and for two girls CL really have a disturbingly uncanny knack of portraying the inner working of the male mind….they give good guy speak! The added humor is just icing on the Christina Lauren cake.” and Grey agrees! “I finished Wicked Sexy Liar… a happy little read… light on the angst, completely what I expect from a Christina Lauren read.”
- The Rumor: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand <— Amy (one of my book-twins) enjoyed this one! “No angst, no ugly crying, no twisting of my gut, and nothing traumatic, but I keep dropping my iPad and covering my face and saying “oh sh!t” so I’m having fun with it! Finished The Rumor (it was a really good one!)”
- When We Fall: A Take the Fall Novel by Marquita Valentine <— SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED! BAD-BOY & GOOD-GIRL ROOMMATE ALERT! “…when Piper sees a chance to get close to Jase, she makes her move—literally. As his new roommate, and as the office manager of his tattoo shop, Piper won’t be satisfied until Jase knows that she wants to be his.”
- The Valentine: The Wedding Pact #4 by Denise Grover Swank <— JUST RELEASED & BARGAIN PRICED!
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty <— Oh WOW… this just went on even MORE SUPER-BARGAIN sale. I just bought it, on the first “super-sale” too… LOL!
- Glass Sword (Red Queen) by Victoria Aveyard <— SO MANY LOVED “Red Queen“ and now this one has just gone live! Rebecca says: “Red Queen (from your list), was simply epic. Hunger Games feel, and this is a great one for fantasy virgins, as you’re thrown straight into the story, instead of world building. Optioned for a movie deal!! I really hope you take the plunge, and of course, I would adore a List of other people’s recommendations!!”
- The Witches of Cambridge: A Novel by Menna Van Praag <— MODERN-DAY WITCHES AT A CONVENTION (and an angsty love triangle between sisters and one man…) Oops!!
- Justice (NOLA Zombie Book 4) by Gillian Zane
- Xan’s Feisty Mate, Iron Wolves MC 2 by Elle Boon
- Marked by Courage: Vampire Shifter Romance (Blood Red Series Book 3) by W.J. May
- Blue Moon Rising (Coyote’s Call Book 3) by Bailey Bradford
- Purrloined: Other World Agency by Izzy Szyn
- Hades’ Return by N.J. Walters
- Hood’s Heart (Reincarnation Romance Chronicles Book 1) by Dana Michelle Burnett
- Morning Star: Book III of The Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown <— BLOWING UP THE CHARTS!!! It’s already #23 in ALL of Kindle books… and I know many of our reading crew were impatiently waiting for it! Michelle: “I HAVE to start Morning Star as soon as it shows up on my kindle. Soooooo excited *bouncing* get here soon!” and Fabi: “I finished Golden Son late last night. So late that I overslept this morning. Holy crap! It was so hard waiting between Red Rising and Golden Son. I don’t know how in the world I’m going to stay sane waiting for Morning Star.”
- Hunted by Darkness (Darkness Series Book 4) by Katie Reus
- Grave Discovery (A Maddie Graves Mystery Book 6) by Lily Harper Hart
- Surrender to the Sea (Lords of the Abyss Book 4) by Michelle M. Pillow
- Peace (The Four Horsemen Book 5) by T.A. Chase
- Cursed Wrath (Deadly Sins Book 1) by DeCota A. Jaymes
- Hero Rising (Heroes of Saturn Book 4) by Anna Alexander
- MACK (The King Series Book 4) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— FABI!!! IT was released EARLY!!!!! She says: “*hitting the floor – thud* I think I just died and went to heaven. On February 15th … *drumroll* From New York Times Bestseller Mimi Jean Pamfiloff, Comes the New Standalone Story of Mack from the King Trilogy. MACK (The King Trilogy Book 4)”
- Jockblocked: A Novel (Gridiron Book 2) by Jen Frederick <— BREAKING NEWS UPDATE! JUST WENT LIVE TONIGHT!
- Legend (The REAL series Book 6) by Katy Evans <— NEW GUY IN TOWN/BAD-A$$ FIGHTER ALERT!! Oh you guys I LOVE the premise!! He’s supposed to fight Remy!!! BUT BUT BUT!!! It’s the girl he meets (and her ties to Remy that mess him all up! LOL!!!) I LOVE IT! “He’s got a personal score to settle with the Underground’s one and only Remington “Riptide” Tate. As Mav trains, he meets a young girl—the only other new person in the town—and sparks fly. When things get heated between them, he finds out she’s none other than Reese Dumas, the cousin of Remington Tate’s wife. A girl who’s supposed to root against him and a girl he’s supposed to stay away from.” <— *whoooooops!!!* 😛 YAY!!!
- How to Save a Life by Emma Scott <— THE ONE I’M READING RIGHT NOW!!!!
- Falling for Home by Jody Holford
- Barbed Wire Bandages by Catherine Black
- Leaving Yesterday: A Laurel Falls Novel by Zoe Dawson
- A Woman’s Worth (Close Quarters Book 1) by Audra North
- The End of the World by Amy Matayo <— 2 FOSTER KIDS IN THE SAME BAD HOME ALERT! “It doesn’t take long for Cameron to learn that Shaye is shackled to the worst kind of pain…living in a home where nothing seems right…” and we already have two that have read it and LOVED it! Kandra: “And I’ve read The End of the World by Amy Matayo. Loved it. Every bit of it! Definitely worth the read – my absolute fave book of 2016 right now (and my fave that she’s written). So glad to see it on your list!!” AND Emily: “Loved The End of the World by Amy Matayo. I’ve loved all of her books, but this one is my favorite so far. Can’t wait for more from her.”
- No Longer Captive (Freedom Series Book 1) by Rai Lindsay-Wallace
- The Thing Is by Kathleen Gerard
- Beyond Repair (Broken Girl Book 1) by Annie Hughes
- Mending Heartstrings <— FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR and a regular girl alert! “On her last night in Nashville, the staunchly pragmatic Sabella found herself in a situation more suited to a romance novel than reality. Swept away, she ignored her rigidly self-imposed rules, succumbing to the fantasy just this once. But she knows real-world relationships have nothing in common with their fictionalized portrayals…“
- Heartstorm by Jessica Perez
- Spring (The Pleasure Quartet) by Vina Jackson
- Ink and Lies by S.L. Jennings <— INTRIGUING BLURB ALERT! He’s a liar? “You see, I once lived for the perfect plot twist. I just never expected to actually live it. This is my story. Well, maybe her story. I just wish I could make it our story.The one I’m still writing.”
- ADORE (Spiral of Bliss #4) by Nina Lane
- Feel (Sovereign Book 3) by BJ Harvey
- Valentine Wishes (Baxter Academy Book 1) by Jane Charles
- Wild at Heart (Healing Harts) by T. J. Kline
- Bait & Switch (Alphas Undone Book 1) by Kendall Ryan <— HE HAS TWO WOMEN?!! Ruh roh. Do they even know this?! Or is this a clever blurb trick? 😉 “The only things real in his life are his beloved bulldog and the two women in his life. One is soft and innocent, someone he could build a real future with. But the other is dark and gives him all of the wicked things he craves behind closed doors.“
- Lightning Lingers (Lightning Strikes Book 2) by Barbara Freethy
- The Consequence of Seduction by Rachel Van Dyken
- Rescuing Rayne (Delta Force Heroes Book 1) by Susan Stoker <— A FLIGHT ATTENDANT & HER ONE-NIGHT STAND ALERT! “Both are shocked when, months later, they meet again—under the worst possible circumstances. Seems fate has given them a second chance…if they can survive the terrorist situation they’re in…“
- Savage: London Mob: Book One by Michelle St. James
- A Home In Sunset Bay by Rebecca Pugh
- Searching for Mine: A Searching For Novella by Jennifer Probst <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT! She’s a single mother and a professor, and one of her students is a cock a$$!! “…who’s failing her class and trying to charm his way into a better grade. Fuming at his chauvinistic tendencies, Ella teaches him the ultimate lesson by giving him a special project to help his grade. When sparks fly, neither of them are ready to face their true feelings…“
- Some Sort of Love: A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow <— SEXY SINGLE DAD ALERT!!! She’s got a great life, but no love life… until she runs into her bad-boy, dirty-mouthed one night stand. “Being a good father means everything to him, but he’s keeping me at a distance because he thinks I deserve someone better — a man who can give me more time, more attention, more of himself. He doesn’t believe he could ever be enough. But he’s wrong. He’s everything.”
- Scorched Souls: The Complete Saga: Books 1-4 by C.L. Riley
- Copper Lilies by Bradon Nave
- His Light in the Dark by L.A. Fiore <— DARK CHILDHOOD & THE GIRL WHO WAS ALWAYS THERE FOR HIM “…she fought for me, kept the light on so I’d find my way back. And when I did, life threw us a curveball. I had to hurt Mia in order to save her. But when my past comes back to haunt me and I almost lose her, I’m ready to fight for her…fight to find a way back into her heart while keeping the demons from my past from finishing what they started…“
- Give Yourself Away by Barbara Elsborg <— Teri’s excited about this author!! “I love Barbara Elsborg. She writes fabulous m/m and f/m with intense emotion, just one clicked her new one listed here.”
- Beyond Love Lies Deceit: A Romantic Suspense by Melissa Toppen <— SHE’S LOOKING FOR REVENGE but… “I wasn’t looking for love in my pursuit of revenge. It was the last thing I expected or even wanted for that matter. But it happened just the same. Now I’m trapped. Trapped within the lies I have created.“
- Stark After Dark: Take Me, Have Me, Play My Game, Seduce Me by J. Kenner
- The Death of Lila Jane by Teresa Mummert
- To the Stars: A Thatch Novel (Thatch Series Book 2) by Molly McAdams <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE?!! It’s a standalone!! “When they were younger, Knox Alexander swore to Harlow Evans that he would wait for her to turn eighteen so they could be together. But that was two and a half years away, and Harlow couldn’t ask him to give up all the fun and thrills of going away to college for her. As the years passed, Knox remained a constant in her life but when her eighteenth birthday came around, Harlow’s heart belonged to someone else…” <— oh oh…
- Bound, Spanked and Loved: Fourteen Kinky Valentine’s Day Stories <— 14 ALL-NEW, standalone novellas!!
- Hearts and Daggers <— 8 all new tantalizing tales.
- Real Men Do It Better: Steamy Romance Boxset
- Burn: a Tease novella by Alexis Anne
- Dream Girls: Nicole by Carrie Thomas <— A NERDY GIRL & A BAD-BOY RECLUSE! “Two years of knowing glances, private talks, and a connection that surprises them both, come to a head when Corey draws a line in the sand…”
- Obsession (The Forbidden Series Book 2) by Michelle Betham
- Call Me, Maybe by Ellie Cahill
- Business and Pleasure by Jinni James
- The Dangerous Gift by Jane Hunt
- Current by Abby McCarthy <— THIS ONE SOUNDS LIKE IT’S ALL SORTS OF ANGSTY (and twisty, too!) “He was going to run away to be with her. Then, his abusive father destroyed their happiness. Years later, June sits down to write a review for the band Silent Tides and is floored when she comes face to face with Lucas the keyboardist. Lucas looks so familiar; the resemblance to Jake is uncanny…“
- Palm South University: Season 1 Box Set by Kandi Steiner
- Bride Protector SEAL (Brotherhood Protector Series Book 2) by Elle James
- Lost in Her (A K2 Team Novel) by Sandra Owens
- Reserved: A Love Story by Tracy Ewens
- The One Who Got Away by Kristina Wright
- A Chance at Love: A Christian Romance Novel by T.K. Chapin
- The Pleasure Zone (Zane Presents) by Cairo
- Drive (Cougars, Cars and Kink) by Teresa Noelle Roberts <— OLDER WOMAN, YOUNGER MAN (plus he’s a Dom and a cop!!) ALERT! “…they’re barely out of the driveway when Neil’s cop instincts kick in. They’ve got a tail…and it looks dangerously like her ex’s secrets looming large—and deadly—in their rear-view mirror…“
- Loving the Master (The Manse) by Lynn Kelling <— M/M ROMANCE!
- Raining Down Rules (Raining Down Series Book 1) by BK Rivers
- Sins, Lies & Spies (Black Brothers Series Book 2) by Lisa Cardiff
- Just One of Those Things (Harmony Springs Book 1) by Mindy Klasky
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- Act of Command: An Immortal Ops World Novel (PSI-Ops / Immortal Ops Book 4) by Mandy M. Roth – February 11th 2016
- Loving Dangerously by Laramie Briscoe – February 11th 2016
- Identical Disaster (The Sterling Shore Series Book 8) by C.M. Owens – February 14th 2016
- Over You (A Mr. Darcy Romance Novel) by H.M. Ward & L.G. Castillo – February 14th 2016
- Fade Into You (Shaken Dirty) by Tracy Wolff
- The Billionaire by J.R. Ward – February 15th 2016
- Frigid Affair by Jennifer Foor – February 15th 2016
- Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts – February 15th 2016
- You’re Still the One (Country Blues) by Rachel Harris – February 15th 2016
- Cowgirl Bride by Susan Mallery – February 15th 2016
- Unfinished Business by Nora Roberts – February 15th 2016
- Emergency Engagement (Love Emergency) by Samanthe Beck – February 15th 2016
- Trouble Maker: A MacKenzie Family Novel (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart – February 16th 2016
- Yes, Mr. Van Der Wells (Not Another Billionaire Romance) by S. Ann Cole – February 16th 2016
- Ghost Talker: The Ghost Seer Series by Robin D. Owens – February 16th 2016
- Unexpected Rush: A Play-by-Play Novel by Jaci Burton – February 16th 2016
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters – February 18th 2016
- Throne of Glass 5 by Sarah J. Maas – September 6th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Karina Halle – The Lie is out 2/15 but not on pre ordered yet on Amazon
Thank you Theresa!!
Wow very cool… I love that author so much!
Identical Disaster (Sterling Shores #8) by C.M. Owens is out 2/14
Thank you Jennifer!! I added it. 😀
Great list! I just downloaded Emma’s other books from just reading your anticipation yesterday about How to Save a Life. Can’t wait to dig in.
And I’ve read The End of the World by Amy Matayo. Loved it. Every bit of it! Definitely worth the read – my absolute fave book of 2016 right now (and my fave that she’s written). So glad to see it on your list!!
I started Legend this morning. Only at 20%(ish) but I like it already!
Loved The End of the World by Amy Matayo. I’ve loved all of her books, but this one is my favorite so far. Can’t wait for more from her.
Maryse – one clicked How To Save A Life by Emma Scott!!! And Legend!!!! I think I may be going into a book coma! *vision blurring*. Not sure it can get any better but it just keeps coming! Woohoo!!!
The End of the World by Amy Matayo is a great book. My favorite of her books and very different. Hard subject to read but well worth it. Loved it!
Arrrrrrrrgggghhhh!!! MARYSE!! Why you gotta do this to me?!? And I was doing so good sticking to my reading order.
Here I was thinking I would start He Will Be My Ruin or The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly next, then I see how much fun you’re having with How To Save a Life so I want to start that one next, and THEN you go and highlight The End of the World full well knowing I won’t be able to resist it. WOMAN!! Killin’ me here!!! *giggle* You know I love it though. 😉 And Current…GAH! But I wish they wouldn’t give away so much in the blurb like that. 😕 Ooh! And I was so excited when I saw A Small Indiscretion on sale yesterday as I’ve been waiting for it to come down in price…1.99 when it’s normally 9.99!
Too much caffeine combined with this awesome list and I am FLYIN’ right now!
“…one of her students is a cock a$$!!” <——- LOL!!!! Maryse said a bad word! *snort*
That was supposed to be cockY
LOL!!!! 😛 *blush*
Bait & Switch…..alright, I have so looked forward to Legend releasing today BUT I am going to practice patience, strengthen my will, and test my resolve AND wait to read Legend on Friday. *shaking head with determination*. Time spent with Remy and Mav can’t be rushed….
Soooo Bait & Switch….the blurb hooked me! Two women who know about each other ….tell me more……. Sounds like the H may be living in denial…..
Ink & Lies was amaaaaaze. Totally unique and endearing!
You’ve got to be sh*tting me?!!? This list looks to be absolutely ridiculous. I quit!
Annnnnnnd I am all in with Mack, because I LOVED the King Trilogy, so revisiting that “world” is just what I need. King was such a super character, I have high hopes for Mack.
So many choices! This list is too good. Must. Not. Read. Anymore. Blurbs.
Act Like It by Lucy Parker is 99 cents!!! I did like this book. Great chemistry, heroine, banter and flirting.
No over the top angst, no ugly crying, no the mc is not a serial killer, or have split personalities. No Mauray needed because she loves too much.
I’m sorry to say.
Ohhhhh, okay Maryse…but I still like “cock a$$” ’cause it reminds me of the old guy in Boondock Saints with Tourette’s. 😛
*snicker* Grey is taking her ball (her Kindle) and going home.
Act Like It by Lucy Parker is 99 cents!!! I did like this book. Great chemistry, heroine, banter and flirting.
No over the top angst, no ugly crying, no the mc is not a serial killer, or have split personalities. No Mauray needed because she loves too much.
I’m not sorry to say.
I just finished Snow in Texas, from last week’s list of new releases. It is the spinoff from the Dartmoor Series (one of my favorite MC reads), about Mercy’s brother. It was good. Not fantastic, but good. It wasn’t as long as the other Dartmoor books and felt rushed at the end (skip ahead 2 weeks, then a month, then 7 months). Why do authors do that? ARGH. I would still recommend L. Gilley if you are craving a good MC book.
Now to decide what to read next!
That is weird. Not sure why it posted twice. Huh.
So many great books so little time! I am still reading The Last Hour of Gann (6 more hours to go lol) so How to Save a Life will have to wait a little but just one clicked it 😀 Thank you for your hard work Maryse!
Anne I am at 63%. It is not odd for it to take awhile for me to finish a book but not when I’m reading hours at a time, lol.
Honestly Bev, I’m surprised you’re as far along in it as you are. I think it took me almost a week to read The Last Hour of Gann.
Then I’m leaving it Amy. 😉
Reading How to Save a Life. Why did I not choose something lighthearted after just reading Therapy? Not sure how they are going to turn this around, but I am enjoying it. Next, I WILL be reading something funny and lighthearted. My gut needs a break. Maybe the cock a$$ one!! 😉
P.S. Grey… that was one of the most hilarious list-reactions I have ever read!!! LOL!!!! 😛
LOL Cheryl… I’m so leaving it!!!!
I’m reading a lot more from my tbr, and I think I’m doing good with my buying. But I buy from my phone & deliver to my kindle. Then I’m always slightly shocked when I connect to the internet, which I do not do everyday. So,
To One Hundred by Melissa Blue
Return Once More by Trisha Leigh
The Bollywood Bride by Sonali Dev
The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu
Sheltered by Charlotte Stein
The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
All just showed up on my kindle. Sale books but still.
Fabi I love it. 🙂
Easily be one of my tops of the year I’m sure.
I’m much more fantasy than scifi and keep thinking of it that way & then they go into abandoned towns and kind of startled a moment. Plus I keep expecting them to start riding horses, lol.
Yaay so happy you are loving TLHoG too Bev! I am at 80%. You are reading pretty fast though! I’ve been reading this book for 4 days lol!
I think I’m entering a bad spot. 🙁
Boo the day I want to read like 10 new releases, I work 15 hours! *pathetic sleepy grabby hands towards Morning Star*…I just can’t.
Bev, thanks for heads up on Act Like It, snapped it up at that price!
Oh one more I see for Tessa, Wrath and Bones by AJ Aalto is .99 🙂
Ok. Commencing pass out.
*tucks Michelle in*
Nighty night Michelle!!
Alright, ya know what’s a f$@&ing mood killer? Giggling. A muscley tattooed guy giggling. At a very crucial moment.
There ain’t enough vodka in the county to undo that sh!t.
The moment is freaking GONE. You’re done son!
Now where’s my damn cake martini?!?
Oh my… Drunk posting.
Please delete that. Delete. Delete.
Hey look everyone!!! Michelle is going to bed and needs a bunch of night-night snuggles!
*sneaks away **
Awww Michelle, I was cringing all day thinking you were going to pop in here and say “I’m done!”. So I’m ahead of you. Woohoo that’s a first. It won’t be for long though. I’m listening to the audio version. Trying to make it stretch out. I can’t believe it’s the last one.
Amy!!! Please tell me you were talking about a book. :-0
Which bad-a$$ is giggling, Amy? 😛
Amy, *blink, blink* Got me thinking about crucial moments…
On a more serious note. I finished How to Save a Life. One of the most original stories I have ever read. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around it. It was a touching, well-written, weird- in a paranormal kinda way, heartbreaking story of never giving up on love. I would have loved a longer ending.
Now my heart and gut need something funny & lighthearted.
Um sure…it was from a book…we’ll go with that
Someone shoulf hide my ipad when I break out the vodka.
Hey I’m gonna try something …
Legend was delish, read it in one day. Katy Evans never disappoints !
Oh dear, you ladies are cracking me up today! I usually just lurk in the background but since I’m half snorting and half giggling I thought I’d “try” to type too – although all was planning on sayings is I CAN FEEL THE ONE-CLICKS coming on today with a frantic frenzy. So many of these sound SO good!!! EEEKKK…
I’m so glad you came out of lurk-mode. <3 😀
*waves to Teri* Hi Teri, I thought I saw a shadow in the far corner. So glad you came out to join us! 🙂
Teri, welcome. You’re not the only one giggling. *side-eyes Amy*
Welcome Teri! Michelle, thank you! One clicked! Amy, uh… your erm, alpha tattooed male giggled? *grins impishly* I haveto re-read the Kalayna Price books. I’m on three right now. Face it, too many years between and you forget stuffs. Still, re-reading it has me laughing all over again. (I was about to say giggling, but I didn’t want to traumatize Amy)
*tries to rub headache away*
*scrolls back through comments*
Oh wow, a couple too many martinis and…oh dear lord. *covers face* For the record, what I was TRYING to do in that one post had nothing to do with the giggling man who obliterated the mood…I was trying to make the emojis on my iPad on-screen keyboard work in the comment on here. Obviously it didn’t work.
Among other things that didn’t work. 😛
We love true stories. Just sayin’ 😉
Maryse, it was my real life bad-a$$ who was giggling.
There. I said it.
Now I’m going to go find a rock to hide under. Y’all just carry on with the giggling comments.
*hugs* Obviously he was just super happy.
Yes, I’m grinning and trying not to laugh in real life.
If any of you read and loved the Gentry Boys as much as I did, the new release, Hold, is fantastic. I highly recommend it.
I was just like….”la la la 1-click, 1-click, 1-click, 1-click…..” I’m out of control and this list is awesome!
I’m with you Jean! la la la la la!! 1-CLICK goodness!
Haha Teri! Glad to hear I’m not alone!
Michelle, I always play Imagine Dragons in my head while reading Pierce Brown’s trilogy. I have Radioactive for Red Rising and Demons for Golden Son. I haven’t picked one for Morning Star yet. How about you? Do you like these or are there others that fit for you?
Halfway through Bait & Switch and feeling conflicted….*rubs side of head and looks very much like her character*
Amy tickled him.
This is an interesting idea, though I never dye my hair.
If I was choosing what covers on my kindle I think would be fun.
Return Once More
The Bollywood Bride
Sins and Needles
The Ghost Bride
Amy… *blink, blink* hands off a bottle of … Hmm… No, that’s not the right one… Ponders which is best in this particular situation… Consults Google… Fireball we’re doing fireballs again tonight.
Fabi, I actually aborted Morning Star and went back to Golden Son because I started reading and thought hey I forgot some stuff! I want the full effect so I’m skimming through GS tonight first. But a song for Morning Star – The Ruler and The Killer by Kid Cudi pops into my head.
Ooohhh good choice.
I’m only on chap 11 and if I stick to audio only it’ll take me a couple of weeks to get through it. I’ve struggled a little with the ‘ol memory too. I don’t feel as connected and that’s probably why. My memory is coming back in bits and pieces.
Reading Some Sort of Love. The lighthearted read I was looking for. Excited that Jockblocked is out early-that’s next on my list. Also, I really loved, Love Surfaced and so am looking forward to the story of that MC’s brother in book#2- Love Rekindled and hopefully some more of the MC’s from book #1.
Last comment on giggle-gate…*I’m* the one who went from 60 to 0 with his unprovoked giggle, not him. Just wanted to save face for him a little. 😉
OMG Bev…you see a pirate in your avatar, but you know what I see? A VIKING! Bev is a lady viking!!! That’s freaking awesome. And I LOVE those hair colors. I have a friend who is a stylist and she is forever dying her hair bright colors, and you know what? It’s always gorgeous. She is stunning and has a beautiful hair style (soft, shiny, loose curls) and the different colors just WORK. Good lord, I’ve seen straight women flirt with her!
Hey, has anyone read He Will Be My Ruin yet? I’m debating starting that one or The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly next. I’ve been reading Why She Left Us and it’s messed up (a good thing ;)) but just slow going, and I need something which goes at a faster pace for my next read.
Ooh! And check out this one…
Errmergerd you guys! I just finished Legend and it was sooo good. There were times I thought it was a tad too verbose but it ended up working for me. The ending! I got all misty eyed and had the feels. I loved it as much as her others and she is a one click for me. Tell me if you read it.
I’m so glad you have The End of the World on your list…it’s a page-turner! It’s so captivating you’ll be through with it in no time and then wishing you hadn’t read it so fast because all you’ll want is more time with those characters!
First line Thursday.
The eviction notice was hanging on the door when they got back from the hospital. –The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith
Only four hours to go! Did not read much yesterday. I love it but man getting dark. Or maybe it is that so much bad happening, especially in one section.
“I am a blood-soaked girl.” ~ The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes
A dead boy and a girl covered in blood who they can’t even handcuff because her hands have been removed. W. T. F.
Woooooo AMY THAT SOUNDS INTENSE!!! Are you liking it?
Cord: “I paused in my storytelling to adjust my tiara.” Hold by Cora Brent
Awwww, you can imagine what that line refers to if you’re familiar with the Gentry Boys. If you’ve read the series you seriously can’t miss out on Hold. Read it, read it, read it. I just finished it and my heart is a big mushy puddle on the floor.
Just finished The Last Hour of Gann! It was amazing!! Loved it! It took me almost 10 days to finish it but it was so worth it!! Great great read! Wish there was a second part though.
First Line Thursday:
“What a cluster f&@k.”(Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan)
Anne, I’m jealous that you finished Gann. I’ve been wanting to tackle that for a while but the length is intimidating me!
Jean, TLHoG was the longest book I’ve ever read but it was so amazing that I never wanted it to end 🙂
First Line Thursday
“The first time I raised a shade for profit, my client fainted.”
Grave Visions by Kalayna Price.
I had to re-read the first books (Still no idea where I put book one), but I seriously fell in love with the series all over again. 😀 Finally, I’m on the newest book!
“Gods, it was boiling in this useless excuse for a kingdom” – Heir of Fire. First line Thursday. (Got my library loan finally). Nice when library decides my next read for me.
Yay Anne for finishing & loving LTHoG. Such a great read. And Bev, I think I know what super dark part you were at. Agreed. It was hard to get through that. Like she didn’t have enough happen to her? She’s got some serious rotten luck, huh? Do you love the lizard yet?
Yes, I do.
I know she has how they all treated her, then that, and now she just listened to a story. A very dark story.
Last song you put on repeat?
I’m Your Man ~Leonard Cohen
First line thursday:
Jillian: “You know that stomach ache you get when you have to go to a family function, and everyone’s in a couple but you, and they all pretend they don’t think it’s a big deal that you’re thirty and single and don’t have a date for your sister’s wedding tomorrow, but really they’re all wondering what’s wrong with you and they’re too polite to ask?” –Some Sort of Love: A Happy Crazy Love Novel by Melanie Harlow. Think that’s the mother-lode of first lines. A lighthearted, fluff book with basically no angst.
I think that’s the longest first line ever Cheryl!
I do like those types of books though. Sometimes I just want to read about them falling in love. *shrug*
Last song I put on repeat…My Type by Saint Motel. It was perfect when I was running so I kept it on repeat. That one and Chasin’ After You by O-Town…now THAT song is addictive when running!
Ladies, help me out here…I can’t remember the title of a book I read and it’s driving me nuts. A doctor is on working in the ER when a woman is brought in by the police and is suspected of murder, then she starts telling the doctor about her story. She is immortal, and her story is absolutely tragic and what led up to the “murder” was just heartbreaking. Yep, you guessed it…it had me crying. And now I can’t remember what the title is!
I love fluffy no angst books, unless I’m dying for angst, or the blurb made it sound like gut wrenching was about to happen, and it didn’t. Fluff has it’s place. 🙂
Last song on repeat was Silver and Cold by AFI. I had to go look.
Amy, is it The Taker by Alma Katsu?
I agree! Sometimes I just want to read stories with no angst. They relax me lol
Bev TLHoG was pretty dark at times, but I loved it!! What % are you at?
My last song on repeat was Harder to Breathe by Maroon 5.
YES Bev, that’s it!
I just saw the new additions at the top of the page and WHOA…As It Seems sounds right up my book alley. Hmmmm, I might just have to guinea-pig it. 😉
Amy, wasn’t that a trippy book? Will have finish that series sometime.
Anne,81%. Haven’t read as much last two days. But its great. Any time I start I do not want to stop.
Jean, really you should take the plunge. If it works for you you will be totally Immersed.
New trailer for season 2 of Outlander. *sigh Jamie*
For those who have read Gann, any of you want to face palm over the decisions? Especially Amber’s?
I like her a lot, but c’mon.
Last year I read Act Like It and it was just the CR fix I needed. Now just saw a rec for another CR from same person, and its free, so my next read. I’m hope it will be what I need after TLHG.
Anyway, it was a rec from SBTB & they did a podcast about it. Going to read it then listen to the discussion. Thought I would share as I love a podcast. Yes, I’m boring and a dork.
Last song on repeat… Far from Home by Five Finger Death Punch. Wait. Don’t judge, listen first.
I’m in a book funk. Started 3 different books last night and just wasn’t feeling them. Ugh hate that!
Came into work today and my friend says she started Ricochet last night and it’s intense and she’s loving it…..so I guess I’ll give that a try???
Yes I want to read that one too, Jean. It’s dark and twisted and he’s cute!! 😀
He’s not just cute Maryse! He’s HOT! I’ll keep you updated…..it’s a long one, over 500 pages. What are you reading by the way?
Oh I was so excited to turn on my puter this morning and see all these GREAT posts!! AMY, thanks for the music recommendations. I need new running music! CHERYL, I just watched it. O.M.G.SQUEEEEE! I am just now finishing up (again) Dragon Fly In Amber and I had to shut it off (audio) cause I was getting WAY too emotional on my way to work. I’m pretty sure that I am going to marry Jamie when I grow up 🙂 Claire who? LOL :-))))
Hey, how come Teri has a photo of herself and we are all weird little beings?!? Lol!
Jean – I have no clue how I did that. I must have done it when I first registered here. I ‘think’ you can add a pic from your account though…
OH and my favorite repeat, repeat, repeat song… On Every Street, Dire Straits (Thanks Karina Halle for that one). The lyrics are great imo 🙂
Bev…The Taker DID get a little crazy, especially when the dark stuff started. That poor girl…she just couldn’t catch a break and she just wanted him to love her and then that awful man and just UGH! But it was great from what I remember. If I did have any complaints, I can’t think of them right now.
Jean, was that a foot stomp I heard with your comment about the weird little beings? 😛
Maryse, I *really* am liking Minnow Bly. The boy actually wasn’t dead (I hadn’t read far enough to know that when I posted) but she had apparently beat the living sh!t out of him, and with no hands! I’m only about 30% in but the writing style, the bluntness, the lack of self-pity of the h, the way the story is unfolding, ALL OF IT has me hooked! GAH that cult was horrid. Absolutely horrid. 😕
Teri…don’t you love when authors have a playlist for their books or mention songs in their books? I have found so many songs that way which I probably wouldn’t have cared for otherwise.
Haha Amy, yep that was me stomping my feet!
Teri, that’s my book husband you’re talking about!! 😉
Amy, I’ll have to add those to my running songs. 🙂
I’ve had X Ambassadors Unsteady on repeat. Such an emotional song.
I love X Ambassadors!