QUICK UPDATE: “Me Before You” by Jojo Moyes fans that are needing to let it all out in the spoiler forum with me… it is up and ready for chat: https://talk.maryse.net/threads/me-before-you-by-jojo-moyes.760/ (I intend to officially review this one tonight…)
Happy New Year NEW book releases!! Lots of good stuff. Some indie releases that many of us have been highly anticipating, plus a new rock star book 🙂 and a few others that I’ve already read and love!
Oh and let’s start the day off with a SUPER bargain bundle of a series that looks right up my alley). NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
- Emi Lost & Found Series by Lori Otto – THREE books BUNDLED and I’ve been hearing GREAT THINGS. BUT —> DO NOT READ REVIEWS if possible as some supposedly contain spoilers and you know me’n spoilers. Not a fan. I LOVE not knowing… OH BUT!! I’m okay with the “ugly cry warnings” – that just makes me wanna read it more. I’ve been told to beware of tears.. or sobbing… probably wailing, too. Terri says: “I loved this series. Brought on the ugly cries!” and Jeanie said: “Bought & finished this 2 1/2 weeks ago – book 2 had me an emotional wreck!!!! Really good series!!!”
- Death’s Angel: A Novel of the Lost Angels by Heather Killough-Walden
- Waterfall (Dragon’s Fate) by Lacy Danes
- A Little Night Muse by Jessa Slade
- Dark Wolf Rising (Bloodrunners) by Rhyannon Byrd
- For the Love of a Goblin Warrior (Shadowlands) by Shona Husk
- Fight With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby
- Rocked Under by Cora Hawkes <— rock star book! Hooray!!!
- Overwhelm Me (Callahan) by AC Marchman
- Fall Into You (A Loving on the Edge Novel) by Roni Loren
- The Valentine’s Arrangement by Kelsie Leverich
- Me Before You: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <—- finally available in the U.S.!! My bff Jackie sent me this from England and I just read it over Christmas. It was SO good… SO good. I’m going to be reviewing it soon, but I had to get over my tears, first. *phew*
- Love Unscripted: The Love Series, Book 1 by Tina Reber <—- NOW available in PRINT!! In stores, and at Amazon! YAY!!!! <— loved this book!
- Shadow Woman: A Novel by Linda Howard
- The Other Side of Us (Harlequin Super Romance) by Sarah Mayberry
- One More Kiss (Harlequin Blaze) by Katherine Garbera
- Overdrive by Chloe Cole
- Passion by the Book (Kimani Hotties) by Pamela Yaye
- A Place to Call Home (Count on a Cop) by Cynthia Reese
- Powerplay: Hot Down Under by Lexxie Couper
- Quinn’s Woman (Bestselling Author Collection) by Susan Mallery
- The Rancher’s Bride (The Trueblood Dynasty) by Tara Taylor Quinn
- Release Me: A Novel by J. Kenner
- Relentless Seduction (Harlequin Blaze) by Jillian Burns
- Marriage Behind the Facade (Bound by his Ring) by Lynne Raye Harris
- Midnight Shadows (Love Inspired Suspense) by Carol J. Post
- Midsummer’s Eve: Hot Down Under by Shona Husk
- Lying in Bed (The Wrong Bed) by Jo Leigh
- Hidden Passions: Hot Down Under by Marianne Theresa
- A Hometown Boy (Harlequin Super Romance) by Janice Kay Johnson
- Business with Pleasure: Hot Down Under by Keziah Hill
- Better for Us (For Your Love) by Vanessa Miller
Thanks for the great year of reading! This has become one of my favorite finds “by mistake” keep em coming!
Hi! I just finished reading hopeless and I need something to fill the void! I fell in love with this book and need something to jump into! Please help. What do you suggest?
Wow, I’m so excited that I found your blog!! We love the same books and I have read a lot of the books that you have on your blog. I spend a ton of time searching for new books to read and now you have done the work for me. I’ve already downloaded about 10 of the books you recommended and I can’t wait to get started on them. Thanks!
Rocked Under is a must read. Definitely our kind of book. I devoured it. Bad boy rock God and little innocent British college student who work really hard to deny their attraction. It has a Travis (Beautiful Disaster) feel to it that sucked me in immediately!
Me before you got me hugging my child at 3 in the morning when i finished it. Then i went and woke my husband and he had to hold me and rub my back until it was time for work. He kept asking me if the book was that bad and all i could say was ‘soo sad’ and cry some more. I will always remember … Always. Its been a few days and the book is still with me. It haunts me. After the first day shock came the second day where i cussed the writer for not imagining a bloody alien invasion in the end or i don t know…SOMETHING…ANYTHING… And now writing these tears are coming:(…like a told my husband…sad…soo damn sad it hurts
Another vote for Rocked Under, loved it! Totally agree with Lisa 🙂
Just finished Me Before You, I hadnt read the reviews before hand and just ploughed straight in…..its the first book in forever that I didnt want to finish when I realised what it was about but I had to finish it. ( If that makes sense) I both loved it and hated it , and yes i cried ( i dont cry whilst reading a book never ever) and along with Ashley I wish the author had imagined an alien invasion or even a shower scene from the original Dallas for *spoiler*. Would I have read this book if I had read the reviews ..No however Im very glad I did.
Me Before You fans (or victims) 😉
I just created a spoiler forum so we can go and let it all out…
Now for me to try and write a review for that one…. how? You know?
I just finished Rocked Under…4 stars. I love angst in books…I’m an angst addict…but (I can’t believe I am saying this) there was actually too much angst. I like periods of angst and then love and happiness and then more angst and then my HEA, and I just kept having to wait for the love and happiness. It’s a good book though, and I will definitely be reading book 2. The last 10% of the book, I would actually give 5 stars. Now I’m off to read Defying the Odds by Kele Moon.
Maryse…i don t want to be in your shoes rite now…you can skip the review on Me before you…i’m giving you permission;)…it can’t be done really…i don’t even know if i can tell someone else to read it(im a stong person and i still cried my eyes out all night)…the best way to put it and not start to cry again…hmmm…this book is a life lesson.it breaks you and completes you at the same time.it made me laugh it made me cry and even though it suposed to fill me with pity i didnt get to that at all…i felt only courage and love and life. it made me feel strong and it made my problems seem little. its still hard to talk about it and i can’t even wrap my head around a review:D but ur the best and i know you’ll figure the write words. and im sure that everyone with a good heart will forgive you for reccomending…prolly between sobs and gasps:)).
Yes because I love to torture myself I want to read this book…but YIKES 14.99; I can get a lot of books for the price of just that one. Please without spoiling anything for me please let me know if it is worth it and should I indulge. I have to be honest I am a little scared; especially since I saw Maryse referred to you as fans/victims of the book….
buy it…it s worth it
Oh Jenn it’s a magnificent book – absolutely brilliant and beautiful and touching and everything one of “those” books could be.
You likely won’t escape it without sobbing though…
Thanks Ashley and Maryse…I don’t mind the sobbing; and I don’t mind my heart being shattered into a million pcs as long as by the end the pcs are tenderly put back together. I read a lot of great books in 2012; the ones that make us cry are always the ones that stay with us the longest. Well with the exception of Taking Chances; I loved Chase and when that happened I cried like a baby and although I finished the book my heart never recovered. My favorite of the whole year was The Sea of Tranquility; I actually think it was my favorite book ever; followed by Slammed and Point of Retreat…
Fight With Me…was really good alot of yummy sexy stuff going on.wink,wink 😉 but read Come With Me it’s the 1st book in the series. It’s also very yummy. Next book is Play With Me coming in March 2013. I can’t wait..!! Thanks Maryse!! I can’t keep up…Lmao!! But like a true reader I will continue to try…..Ok I’m ready for next good book..laters’